Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options (33079 Views)

Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients / 3 Options For Your Missing Teeth / 3 Options For Replacing A Lost Tooth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by Dentalgist: 11:59am On Sep 05, 2019
The color of your teeth is dependent on a variety of factors. While genetics do play a role in the shade of your teeth, your lifestyle, tooth injuries, and even certain medications can also have an impact. Teeth staining can be either intrinsic or extrinsic.

Extrinsic stains are on the surface of the tooth and are often caused by food and drink. Intrinsic stains go deep within the tooth and are often caused by medication such as tetracycline, tooth injury, fluoride exposure, and other factors.

Both extrinsic and intrinsic staining can contribute to severe discoloration of the teeth. Severely stained teeth can be very problematic. If you are dealing with heavily stained teeth, it can have a major impact on your self-esteem. The good news is that your dentist can help. Here are three options to consider for severely stained teeth.

1. WHITENING

The first option to consider for severely stained teeth is teeth whitening. Teeth whitening treatments use either carbamide peroxide or hydrogen to remove stains on the teeth. Teeth whitening can be done either at home or at the dentist’s office.

At-home whitening kits work well for minor staining, however, with severe staining, you are more likely to get the best results at your dentist’s office. In-office treatments use a higher concentration of peroxide. In-office teeth whitening can whiten your teeth faster than any at-home treatment available.

While teeth whitening treatments can remove deep staining, it doesn’t work for everyone. The good news is that you if you have deep staining that doesn’t respond to teeth whitening, there are other options available.

2. DENTAL VENEERS

If you have deep staining due to injury, exposure to the antibiotic tetracycline or fluoride, or hereditary issues that lead to darker teeth, whitening may not produce the results you desire. With these types of deep staining, dental veneers are often the best way to get the best results.

Dental veneers are thin shells made up of either porcelain or composite that are affixed to the outside of the teeth. In order to attach the veneers, a small portion of the tooth’s enamel has to be removed. Dental veneers permanently change the underlying tooth structure. However, they also can change the size, shape, and color of your teeth.

If you have severely discolored teeth, veneers may be the right option for you. Before getting veneers, it is important to note that they can be costly and they do not last forever. Veneers typically need to be replaced every 7 to 15 years.

3. DENTAL BONDING

Severe staining is a problem that many deal with, however, not all stains are alike. Some people have large areas of deep staining while others only have small areas with severe discoloration. If you deal with small areas of teeth that have deep stains, dental bonding may help. Dental bonding uses a resin material that when applied to the tooth disguises staining as well as repairs chips, fractures, and other tooth damage.

Dental bonding is a great way to whiten small areas of severe discoloration. An added benefit of dental bonding is that it can be done in just one trip to your dentist. Depending on your situation, dental bonding may also be a great alternative to dental veneers.

Deeply discolored teeth can be difficult to treat, but you have options. If you are unhappy with the appearance of your teeth and want a solution for severe staining, then teeth whitening, dental veneers, or dental bonding may work for you. Your dentist can help you determine which options will work best

https://dentalgist.ng/dealing-with-severely-stained-teeth-3-options

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by Bithub: 12:01pm On Sep 05, 2019
Hmm
Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by sotall(m): 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2019
If you have yellow teeth , no need to visit any dentist or use anything on it...just go and work for mtn

Be MTN ambassador with your yellow teeth grin

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by DrNueLpureHoney: 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2019
Nice write-up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by olaolulazio(m): 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2019
Them dey sell those things?

My teeth grin die.
Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by Lordjb: 1:19pm On Sep 05, 2019
See yeye teeth grin see my signature below for link to stream BBNaija live

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by tillaman(m): 1:19pm On Sep 05, 2019
Cool,
Nice write up!
Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by tessygirl(f): 1:19pm On Sep 05, 2019
Nice advice

See how these guys scammed me on Instagram.

Learn some local scams... I must expose them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXDJslDAQ2I
Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by Passionate888: 1:20pm On Sep 05, 2019
That tetracycline own is new to me... Never knew it has a side effect on our dentition.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by Naija247blog: 1:20pm On Sep 05, 2019
Thanks for d info

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by abumoney(m): 1:20pm On Sep 05, 2019
Is there anything I can use for my teeth be strong enough to bite off President Buhari and that nonsense South African President's ears?

11 Likes

Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by Sirpaul(m): 1:21pm On Sep 05, 2019
Lai Muhammad needs this
Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by flexs(m): 1:21pm On Sep 05, 2019
So make I use my teeth � smile
Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 05, 2019
I'm coming back to comment lemme read first.

I just wrote an article to explain to the world that not all Nigerians are criminals and not all criminals are Nigerians. Kind read it, share it and if you have an account and n medium please give a clap and drop a comment.

Thanks.

“Talking of reputation, Nigerians are not the only ones committing crime worldwide.”

https://link.medium.com/9Jq2Jg4bJZ

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by Olayinka8793(m): 1:23pm On Sep 05, 2019
Nice info. Someone should tag Tinubu please. A set of healthy looking dentition has a great effect on a person's confidence.

10 Likes

Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by AMI3(m): 1:23pm On Sep 05, 2019
my mum is a victim of this toothache. Dr. what can I do

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by johnkay1(m): 1:24pm On Sep 05, 2019
Noted
Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by baby124: 1:25pm On Sep 05, 2019
Yellow teeth has been proven to be stronger than white teeth. Teeth naturally are not white! Except the teeth is not strong. Go for whitening if at all you want a whiter smile. Forget veneers and bonding. Now worth it.

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by AMI3(m): 1:25pm On Sep 05, 2019
ukolauajaj:
Another One: N*ked Video Of Nurse Crying Hard During S E X Inside Toilet Go Viral (Video)

This is believed to be leaked by the guys who banged her in the video and according to reports the police are in search of the boys.

Watch And Download Their video Of Here
are u still in this forum? na ask I dey ask ooo
Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by Ayoswit(f): 1:25pm On Sep 05, 2019
Nice info

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by lateezy(f): 1:25pm On Sep 05, 2019
Good

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 1:27pm On Sep 05, 2019
[quote author=ukolauajaj post=81944595] Another One: N*ked Video Of Nurse Crying Hard During S E X Inside Toilet Go Viral (Video)

This is believed to be leaked by the guys who banged her in the video and according to reports the police are in search of the boys.

Watch And Download Their video Of Here

Stop this phising bruh*

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by krypton: 1:28pm On Sep 05, 2019
olaolulazio:
Them dey sell those things?

My teeth grin die.
cheesy
Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by rentAcock(m): 1:29pm On Sep 05, 2019
The easiest way to have white teeth is to first buy a very good whitening toothpaste like Crest 3D white. Then make sure you brush your teeth once in the morning, at night and most importantly, immediately after each meal. Also use a mouthwash like listerine at least twice a day. And if you really want to impress people, buy the Crest 3D whitening stripes, 1 application and you will immediately see decade old stains melt away.
I go everywhere with a tooth brush and small sachet of toothpaste, that's the way to do it.

Come and participate in the Nairaland Quiz and win N5,000!! today at 2pm

https://www.nairaland.com/5399577/naija-quiz-show-4-win

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 05, 2019
ukolauajaj:
lemme use this

You should be a copywriter, you know how to write compelling content. Don't waste your skill.
Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by wwwihy: 1:29pm On Sep 05, 2019
baby124:
Yellow teeth has been proven to be stronger than white teeth. Teeth naturally are not white! Except the teeth is not strong. Go for whitening if at all you want a whiter smile. Forget veneers and bonding. Now worth it.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dealing With Severely Stained Teeth? 3 Options by Houseofglam7(f): 1:30pm On Sep 05, 2019
cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments / Hauwa Suleiman: Driver’s Wife Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Kaduna / 460 New COVID-19 Cases, 265 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 8 - (2302 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.