Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,394 members, 7,800,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

When You Do Die, What Will You Be Remembered For - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When You Do Die, What Will You Be Remembered For (537 Views)

I Remembered! [fiction] / What Will You Be Remembered For? Part 11 / What Will You Be Remembered For? Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You Do Die, What Will You Be Remembered For by SpearePoetry(m): 12:22pm On Sep 05, 2019
When You Die, What Will You Be Remembered For

"In These Days, We Prayed"

19/04/2012

On this journey, we call life,
We are all survivers.
Striving daily,
Hoping for another life.

But time,
And the time cometh for us also to die.
When you pass away
What will you be remembered for?

Of stakes, in deeds
Of love or hate
Of either good or evil
When you do pass away,
What will you be remembered for?

Dirges at funeral sites
One moment of silence observed,
Then, altogether We forget the dead,
To truly die.

As memories
Are blisters on a sore throat.
And Dreams,
Nightmares when a sisters body bloat.

We will all die
Later or Sooner,
We never really know when or how.
Yes! We are but men.
So when you do pass away
What will you be remembered for ?

ghops
brait

Copyright © Speare Earth Poetry | Year Posted 2019

1 Share

Re: When You Do Die, What Will You Be Remembered For by meobizy(f): 5:34pm On Sep 05, 2019
For me nothing and I like it that way. No matter how prominent you were in life generations later have a way of wiping away your legacy. Hitler is still remembered because of many documentaries. If those stop airing he’ll get forgotten within ten years.

1 Like

Re: When You Do Die, What Will You Be Remembered For by SpearePoetry(m): 7:15pm On Sep 05, 2019
meobizy:
For me nothing and I like it that way. No matter how prominent you were in life generations later have a way of wiping away your legacy. Hitler is still remembered because of many documentaries. If those stop airing he’ll get forgotten within ten years.

But people remember Hitler for his bad deeds?
Re: When You Do Die, What Will You Be Remembered For by meobizy(f): 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2019
SpearePoetry:

But people remember Hitler for his bad deeds?
It is still a legacy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Omalicha: Latest Opera By Graciano Enwerem! / Lala Visits Mr Seun - AlligatorPepper / A Madea Escape To Business, Written For Madea @tyler Perry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.