Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. (9907 Views)

A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) / USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? / Which State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by alafin(m): 1:36pm On Oct 27, 2010
[b]
Sorry for posting it here but contribution needed thanks
[/b]

Nigerian folks living USA Pls which of these states would be better off for me to move into since i've just won a VISA lottery. Please i want open minded, honest answers thank you. (less racist state pls)

(1) New York

(2) New Jersey

(3) Connecticut

(4) Illinois - Chicago

(5) MaryLand but trying to avoid too many NIJAS

(6) Delawere

(7) Texas - Dallas

( Philadelphia

(9) Pennsylvania

(10) Virginia

Thank you as you share your experience.
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by r231(m): 1:50pm On Oct 27, 2010
Oyo State grin

you better go to where you know pple

1 Like

Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by alafin(m): 1:54pm On Oct 27, 2010
r231:

Oyo State grin

you better go to where you know pple

crack head will always be NL

1 Like

Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by Tosinville(m): 1:56pm On Oct 27, 2010
Is philadelphia a state? philly is in pennslyvania.
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by 190: 1:59pm On Oct 27, 2010
where is mukina!! angry
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by r231(m): 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2010
alafin:

crack head will always be NL

thank you sir

at least i am not the one that don't know how to use google

by the way limited your crack head calling to NL

cus if you go out there and call somebody that

you will be popped in 2sec

1 Like

Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by skyone(m): 2:57pm On Oct 27, 2010
r231:

thank you sir

at least i am not the one that don't know how to use google

by the way limited your crack head calling to NL

cus if you go out there and call somebody that

you will be popped in 2sec

Na envy go kill you,
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by r231(m): 3:09pm On Oct 27, 2010
skyone:

Na envy go kill you, it's not a do or die THING for me to live in US, i'm manager here in GTB moo.
Though will sure go there get my passport stamped for GC

Envy  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

are you kidding

LMAO

been there done that
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by EzeUche0(m): 3:18pm On Oct 27, 2010
Maryland is a nice state.

Plenty of Nigerians but so what? It is a nice place to raise a family.
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by omega25red(m): 6:44pm On Oct 27, 2010
virginia and not washington DC someone is always getting killed everyday in DC. I dont know about the racisim because it is everywhere even if someone doesn't blatantly screen hail hitler but life is very good in VA
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 27, 2010
Philly I heard was the worse place to live in and Philly is not a state
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:01am On Oct 28, 2010
Adaobi i have not heard frm you in a long time. Wass up? I'll send you a mail.
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by Rocktation(f): 12:59pm On Oct 28, 2010
I'll pick Virginia anyday. But you know how it is na. They'll tax the black outta your arse 'everywhere' in the U.S.

1 Like

Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by JeSoul(f): 2:28pm On Oct 28, 2010
Yeye Spambot axing my post . . .

@topic -

NewYork - NY is probably the most diverse state in the country. Upstate New York is very very different from southern NY - Bronx, Manhattan etc. It is expensive to live in a decent neighborhood down south, and while upstate is much better I find it incredibly boring, I dunno how my friends and relatives there do it.

NewJersey - Plenty of Naijas so I guess this is a no-no for you. Also the crime rate I believe is pretty high.

Good ol' Connecticut - My neighbors. Not too lively up there. But if you like 'quiet' and 'no hassle' then this is your state. Living costs are also pretty decent. I believe they're (and maybe Rhode Island too) the most diverse of the New England states.

Illinois (Chicago) - Not too familiar with the demographics of Chi-town. But I know Chicago ranks among the top in the nation for gangs and crime. But Chicago downtown/city is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever been. I love the place a lot.
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by JeSoul(f): 5:19pm On Oct 28, 2010
As for Maryland - Like you rightly said, plenty of Nigerians here. I have heard that its a decent, quiet place to live.

Delaware - Not too familiar with this state.

Then Texas (Dallas) - The western/southwestern states are generally known for their sizeable hispanic population and I would expect less "racist" than here in the Northeast. Houston is full of Naijas, by extension I'd expect Dallas to be similar.

Pennsylvania (Philadelphia) - Philly is a very beautiful city, and even the 'ghettos' in my opinion are pretty decent, but unfortunately Philly is another notorious crime capital, I think they're in strong contention for leading the nation in number of murders. So many kids wandering the streets with no proper guidance, it breaks your heart. Also I was struck by how many homeless people there are in Philly. More than any other city I've been.

Virginia - Your best bet I think. My friends who live there like it there. Although I hear cost of living can be pretty tight in decent areas.

Are you also taking weather/climate into consideration as well? Northeastern winters are not a joke oh! If cold is not your cup of tea then you're better off staying south or west/southwest. All in all, weigh all the advantages and disadvantages as there is truly no perfect place to live.
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by Ijeleigbo(m): 7:29am On Oct 29, 2010
JeSoul:

As for Maryland - Like you rightly said, plenty of Nigerians here. I have heard that its a decent, quiet place to live.

Delaware - Not too familiar with this state.

Then Texas (Dallas) - The western/southwestern states are generally known for their sizeable hispanic population and I would expect less "racist" than here in the Northeast. Houston is full of Naijas, by extension I'd expect Dallas to be similar.

Pennsylvania (Philadelphia) - Philly is a very beautiful city, and even the 'ghettos' in my opinion are pretty decent, but unfortunately Philly is another notorious crime capital, I think they're in strong contention for leading the nation in number of murders. So many kids wandering the streets with no proper guidance, it breaks your heart. Also I was struck by how many homeless people there are in Philly. More than any other city I've been.

Virginia - Your best bet I think. My friends who live there like it there. Although I hear cost of living can be pretty tight in decent areas.

Are you also taking weather/climate into consideration as well? Northeastern winters are not a joke oh! If cold is not your cup of tea then you're better off staying south or west/southwest. All in all, weigh all the advantages and disadvantages as there is truly no perfect place to live.
abi oh my sister. There ain't a perfect place to live.
@poster, Every state has its good and bad. One man's meat is another man's poison. The choice is yours.
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by Rocktation(f): 7:45am On Oct 29, 2010
Concurred. But i'd pick a cold weather over flying bullets anyday.
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by naijadiva2(f): 4:08pm On Oct 29, 2010
1) New York- lots of naija ppl, mix races and ethnicity, NYers can be crazy lol but they're really cool tho

(2) New Jersey- naija ppl there too

(3) Connecticut- plenty oyibos

(4) Illinois - Chicago- high crime

(5) MaryLand but trying to avoid too many NIJAS- not a bad choice really, probably Naija captial of the US if u ask me lol. I live here and love it. close to washington dc, northern virgina, not that bad. not a racist state per se, but there are areas i dare not enter lol.

(6) Delawere- cool, small state, dont hear much about them. been there b4, its quiet.

(7) Texas - Dallas- lots of naija ppl, u might encounter some racists but they have their territory, as far as crime, not sure.

( Philadelphia- ok area, can be ghetto in certain places

(9) Pennsylvania- parts of PA kinda racist

(10) Virginia- northern VA is cool and hip, southern VA, again, depending on the where u go to is a bit racist and country lol ie: southwest VA.

LOL u want to aviod racist ppl, they are everywhere lol

omega25red:

virginia and not washington DC someone is always getting killed everyday in DC. I dont know about the racisim because it is everywhere even if someone doesn't blatantly screen hail hitler but life is very good in VA

DC is not even that bad, ppl are killed everyday is VA, im sure; its just not reported in the news.
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by skyone(m): 5:10pm On Oct 29, 2010
BALTIMORE
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by alafin(m): 5:14pm On Oct 29, 2010
@ Jesoul

Wonderful, many thanks i like the way you broke everything down, pretty just what my cousin over there in Burlington, NJ. said, thanks.

@ naija diva

nice one from you, i tnk i will a take time off work and check how level ground is over there before finally heading, hope everything goes well for me.

Overall i think i will mellow with my sister in Baltimore for a while. THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR CONTB
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by atampakoeg(f): 5:16pm On Oct 29, 2010
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by alafin(m): 5:38pm On Oct 29, 2010
atampakoeg:

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/

http://www.nationmaster.com/country/us-united-states/cri-crime

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

Thank you but naija is 75% worst than the above data where 300 people are gun down in a day as per US that's a civil war but in naija is a normal thing.
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by atampakoeg(f): 6:44pm On Oct 29, 2010
Poster

You are either blind or have left your eyes inside your office when you left.

In America, in 2009, 15,241 people were killed. Not in war. Not in crises. Shootings etc.

You mean in Nigeria, there will be a year when up to 15,241 are killed - no war, no crises etc?

Looks like you want to go and add to the number again?

Look at your Maryland, Baltimore is in Maryland, read this one here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-541625.0.html
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by omega25red(m): 7:48pm On Oct 29, 2010
naija_diva:

DC is not even that bad, ppl are killed everyday is VA, im sure; its just not reported in the news.
grin grin grin dude are you kidding me? south east DC is on the news everyday for some kind of shooting. yes people might be getting killed too in VA but DC rate is out of control.

Poster

south East washington DC has like the lowest rent you will find anywhere. you have your light gas water included in your rent in most places. and a one bedroom can be as low as $500. Ask anyone who has lived anywhere in the U. S if $500 would get you that amout of amenities anywhere else.
Do you know why it's so cheap ? it's because the robbery, murder and assualt rate is off the charts.
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by JeSoul(f): 8:23pm On Oct 29, 2010
alafin:

@ Jesoul

Wonderful, many thanks i like the way you broke everything down, pretty just what my cousin over there in Burlington, NJ. said, thanks.
You're more than welcome dear. If you're ever in Boston, pop by and say hello smiley

@topic,
I really really hate to say this  embarassed

but the truth is majority if not all of the time, the crime rate is directly proportional to the minority population. Crime hotspots such as Detroit, Arizona, DC, Philly.
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by JeSoul(f): 8:24pm On Oct 29, 2010
omega25red:

south East washington DC has like the lowest rent you will find anywhere. you have your light gas water included in your rent in most places. and a one bedroom can be as low as $500. Ask anyone who has lived anywhere in the U. S if $500 would get you that amout of amenities anywhere else.
Do you know why it's so cheap ? it's because the robbery, murder and assualt rate is off the charts.
Wow. Only $500 bucks? I could live like a dead queen in DC then lol.
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by naijadiva2(f): 8:56pm On Oct 29, 2010
omega25red:

grin grin grin dude are you kidding me? south east DC is on the news everyday for some kind of shooting. yes people might be getting killed too in VA but DC rate is out of control.

Poster

I knew u were gonna bring up SE (how typical), but the truth of the matter is If u do not have a decent job or make enough $$$, forget about living in DC period. SE is one section and not all of SE is bad. People over-exaggerate when talking about DC. you can go to any low-income hood in america, its gonna be rough, even DC is safer then B-more.

And I'm sure if u go down south, u can find homes for almost the same price. *shrugs*

JeSoul:

Wow. Only $500 bucks? I could live like a dead queen in DC then lol.

Don't be fooled, (unless u want to be dodging bullets everyday) that price is only relevent to the hood areas even some "hood" areas in DC are charging arm and leg for residency. If u want to live in very normal neighbor, house, appartment, its stll expensive. you're best bet is moving to MD or VA.

Well anyways, one day I hope to move to DC, once i start making proper $$$ Lol
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by JeSoul(f): 9:38pm On Oct 29, 2010
Lets see some statistics shall we (note, the data is from 2005 and is refering to gun-related deaths):

http://www.statemaster.com/red/graph/cri_mur_wit_fir-death-rate-per-100-000&b_map=1
Crime Statistics > Firearms Death Rate per 100,000 (most recent) by state

Rank   States    Amount   
# 1    District of Columbia: 31.2   
# 2    Alaska: 20   
# 3    Louisiana: 19.5   
# 4    Wyoming: 18.8   
# 5    Arizona: 18   
= 6    Nevada: 17.3   
= 6    Mississippi: 17.3   
# 8    New Mexico: 16.6   
# 9    Arkansas: 16.3   
# 10    Alabama: 16.2   
# 11    Tennessee: 15.4   
# 12    West Virginia: 14.7   
# 13    Montana: 14.5   
# 14    South Carolina: 13.8   
# 15    North Carolina: 13.6   
# 16    Georgia: 13.4   
= 17    Kentucky: 13.1   
= 17    Oklahoma: 13.1   
= 19    Missouri: 12.3   
= 19    Idaho: 12.3   
# 21    Indiana: 11.7   
= 22    Colorado: 11.5   
= 22    Maryland: 11.5   
= 24    Florida: 11.1   
= 24    Virginia: 11.1   
# 26    Texas: 11   
# 27    Michigan: 10.9   
# 28    Oregon: 10.5   
# 29    Pennsylvania: 9.9   
# 30    California: 9.8   
= 31    Illinois: 9.7   
= 31    Kansas: 9.7   
= 31    Utah: 9.7   
# 34    Vermont: 9.6   
= 35    Ohio: 9.3   
= 35    Washington: 9.3   
= 37    Delaware: 9.1   
= 37    North Dakota: 9.1   
= 39    Wisconsin: 8.1   
= 39    Nebraska: 8.1   
# 41    South Dakota: 7.9   
# 42    Iowa: 6.7   
# 43    Maine: 6.5   
# 44    Minnesota: 6   
# 45    New Hampshire: 5.8   
= 46    Rhode Island: 5.1   
= 46    New York: 5.1   
# 48    New Jersey: 4.9   
# 49    Connecticut: 4.3   
# 50    Massachusetts: 3.1   
# 51    Hawaii: 2.8   
Weighted average: 11.5   

NaijaDiva, looks like the SE region you speak of is so bad that its bringing down the entire state. I'm also stunned Alaska is #2. Massachusetts is #50 on the list  grin once again reminding me why I live here cool in spite of the high cost of living  angry
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by naijadiva2(f): 9:48pm On Oct 29, 2010
umm that list is bogus in so many ways.  anyways i know what i'm talking about. lived in the area my whole life (well not dc per se) but the dc area. and idk WHY NY is that far down the list, OHkay.

And are we talking about crime and safety or just fire arm death bcuz that could explain why alaska may be #2 or why alot of the southern states are so high up, so once again, why the list And btw DC is not a state.
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by JeSoul(f): 10:40pm On Oct 29, 2010
ND, there's no need to be so defensive. I bolded twice that it is for gun-related deaths, pls re-read the post again.

And yes everyone knows DC is not a state however it has to be treated as such in statistic-related metrics.
Re: Which US State Is Least Racist And Low For Gun Crime. by omega25red(m): 6:19pm On Oct 30, 2010
naija_diva:

umm that list is bogus in so many ways. anyways i know what i'm talking about. lived in the area my whole life (well not dc per se) but the dc area. and idk WHY NY is that far down the list, OHkay.

And are we talking about crime and safety or just fire arm death bcuz that could explain why alaska may be #2 or why alot of the southern states are so high up, so once again, why the list And btw DC is not a state.
i must admit you have a point on some of what you wrote but damn you are defending DC like a politician double shrugs

poster
most of what folks have written on here are mostly their own personal experiences. The best way to judge for yourself is to experience it and make your own decisions about if you are willing to live in the hood as diva calls it. Most people can't afford to spend the crazy money that you might have to spend to live in a decent area so they live where they can afford which sometimes turns out to be bad. just be prepared to work hard because thats just about the only way you can make it out her. some people fall into money (less than 1% of the population) but others have to work. so get ready

(1) (2) (Reply)

Looking For Cheap School ASIA Philippines/tourist Visa / German Visa Fee / 9 Things To Do When Involved In A Road Accident – LRU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.