Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft (10490 Views)

Blackface Sues 2face Over Song Theft / Mr Eazi Has Apologized To Me Over Copyright Infringement – Zaaki Azzay / Mr Eazi And Temi Otedola Loved Up In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by kidap: 9:59am On Sep 06, 2019
A veteran Nigerian star has accused Mr Eazi and Sarkodie of copyright infringement on social media following the release of their song, ‘Do You’.

Zaaki Azzay claimed the artistes “lifted” lines from his 1996 monster hit tune, Marry Am, without permission.

“This is a massive violation of my musical copyright dues and the illegal exploitation of my intellectual property as I haven’t been contacted for permission/approval for the lyrics of my song to be used,” he wrote on Instagram.

While lamenting the “illegal exploitation of my intellectual property”, the veteran said he’s contemplating actions against the duo over the tune released on August 15, 2019.

In an open letter shared on Instagram, Zaaki wrote: “Hello @Sarkodie & @MrEazi, this is to let you know that my song “Marry Am” has been lifted in your newly released single “Na You”.

“I released the monster hit way back in 1996, and I want to believe that you guys should know the consequences of copyright infringements.

“This is a massive violation of my musical copyright dues and the illegal exploitation of my intellectual property as I haven’t been contacted for permission/approval for the lyrics of my song to be used.

“It’s high time African Artistes wake up to know that copyrights violations/infringements is stealing & theft and hence a big crime.

“My next line of actions will be made private for now…. Thank you!!!”

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/09/06/veteran-singer-zaaki-azzay-accuses-mr-eazi-and-sarkodie-accused-of-song-theft/

5 Likes

Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by Enoch07: 10:00am On Sep 06, 2019
and we should believe u because of one or two lines from your old song abi oga go relax
Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by MrGidifeed: 10:30am On Sep 06, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by obojememe: 12:37pm On Sep 06, 2019
no b today..
Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by SoftP(m): 12:37pm On Sep 06, 2019
Who be this one again

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by thesicilian: 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2019
I've noticed a lot of these new artistes deliberately lift large chunks of old music, either the lyrics or at times the entire soundtrack, without appropriate acknowledgements. I don't know if they think the music is so old that many people will not be able to tell.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by Olamsoh: 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2019
You only have two pants and he is asking you, what can I buy for you?
And you are saying shawarma.

Aunty what is your aim in this life?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by Sonfethopia: 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2019
1996 huh.
Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by Longcucumber(m): 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2019
Uncle go and yansh down.nonsence and buhari shrink balls.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by EsquireDD(f): 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2019
He needs some cash, that's all.. grin
Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by realestniggah: 12:39pm On Sep 06, 2019
Torch light man is back

1 Like

Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by freemanbubble: 12:39pm On Sep 06, 2019
Bunch of untalented nigggarzzz in the music industry
Only tuface and Burna boy got talent

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by ksam(m): 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2019
This guy just fall my hand, when their time past, they get bitter seeing the newbies getting more than what they got during their glory days . he should be happy he is still remembered...
Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2019
Okay
Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by prensis: 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2019
Using the work of another person with permission, is punishable by law. Will it just end with mere accusation or will he sue them.

3 Likes

Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by Truthbites: 12:41pm On Sep 06, 2019
This one when him time don pass?
Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by jagabanlewis(m): 12:41pm On Sep 06, 2019
Ok whats next
Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by Riversides2003(m): 12:41pm On Sep 06, 2019
Bros want to be relevant again, when you hold microphone say u wan sing last?
Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by Xolidokon: 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2019
Ki

Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by FKseun(m): 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2019
Jollyeng:
This one is looking for money undecided

YOU THINK SAY HIM BE LIKE YOU WEY COME COUNT BRIDGE FOR LAGOS?

2 Likes

Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 06, 2019
That means the music is mainly trash if they lifted from zaaky's song
Wack wack

1 Like

Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by chudez0147(m): 12:44pm On Sep 06, 2019
Na mi go marry am, her papa no like me , her mama no like me...

1 Like

Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by martineverest(m): 12:45pm On Sep 06, 2019
this people don't really know what intellectual property means

6 Likes

Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by Abdul9025(m): 12:46pm On Sep 06, 2019
let them settle him kawai.. the way tecno settle danfo drivers

1 Like

Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by RexTramadol1: 12:46pm On Sep 06, 2019
What can I say than raff and raff
Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by martineverest(m): 12:46pm On Sep 06, 2019
Jollyeng:
This one is looking for money undecided
yes....that's is his intellectual property and his right.its a shame that a Nigerian youth is typing such a comment.it shows u don't know your right

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by opara28(m): 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2019
Regardless of the year the song was published and also no matter how many lines were lifted, copy write is a big offence. Try this abroad and you are paying through your nose in compensation.
Enoch07:
and we should believe I because of one or lines from your old song abi oga go relax

6 Likes

Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by nblock: 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2019
Abeg Eazy and Co wey touch baba lines, make una do the needful quickly and also in private before baba touch light shine for una eyes. grin

4 Likes

Re: Zaaki Azzay Accuses Mr Eazi And Sarkodie Of ‘Do You' Song Theft by martineverest(m): 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2019
SoftP:
Who be this one again
indomie generation

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Social Media On Fire As Muslim Girl Posts A Picture Wearing A Tight Gown(photos) / Man Boldly Ask Genevieve Nnaji Out On Twitter -See Her Reply / Chichi Morah Turned Farida Looks Real In Veil, Poses With Her Husband, S-sultan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.