Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,229 members, 7,807,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? (19063 Views)

What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? / What Did You Study In School And What Are You Doing Presently? Let's Discuss. / Workplace Christmas Bonus: What Did Your Workplace Give Out As Christmas Bonus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by Fingerprinter(m): 1:50pm On Sep 06, 2019
I have never really been a salary guy. So I can't say what I did with my first earning.

5 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by ednut1(m): 1:51pm On Sep 06, 2019
i used my first ever earnings to buy ps2 or 3. he sweet me die

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by Stefaniebo(f): 1:52pm On Sep 06, 2019
I remembered when I was still a corper and they preached that we should sow all our allawee to God. Most of us sow allawee, come dey beg the next day. we trek go CDS tire. I look back now and it's funny to me.

11 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by Starhearts: 1:52pm On Sep 06, 2019
My First day pay package was used on Olosho in Ohio nd drinks?
D next l forget to wake-up

4 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by Neddstark: 1:52pm On Sep 06, 2019
I organized an orgy with my friends.
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by ilashine: 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2019
My first salary though not much, gave part of it to a woman who i buy food stuffs from in the market jst to help her business,paid my tithe, prayed on the other half and gave to a friend who needed a job and the following month she got a job. was happy i did.

18 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by baratech: 1:55pm On Sep 06, 2019
I'm here to read lies

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by babatee90(m): 1:55pm On Sep 06, 2019
Davash222:
A friend once gave his first salary to his pastor in form of seed sowing while I used mine to buy Beer with fish pepper soup for one week consecutively.

To him, I'm a fool.
and to you what are you?
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by godisablack(m): 1:55pm On Sep 06, 2019
First showed to my Uncle whom I was living with. Then gave to my elder brother who needed 10k for his NYSC travel and other misc. It was ₦14k though. smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by Badonasty(m): 1:56pm On Sep 06, 2019
donstan18:
I was in a discussion with some IT students some days ago, when one of them said he used his first salary to organize a birthday celebration for his dad. Reason being that he one day never saw his dad celebrate his birthday, rather he celebrated every one of them in a very special way when they were kids, which made him feel the need to make his dad feel special on his birthday.... I so much encouraged and applauded him for doing.

Reason I'm here trying to know what we really did with our first salary from those who can remember, because I can't even remember mine.cheesy

Let's see what the audience have for us.

collected my first salary after secondary school while waiting for waec and jamb result...gave my mum everything...she just removed some and gave me the rest

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 06, 2019
First Salary: I spent it on a new TV grin
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by Sicksoul: 1:56pm On Sep 06, 2019
Post-secondary school manual labor proceed were not referred to as salary, it all belongs to my mum cuz I don't need money then, i only want to work and during NYsc it was allowance, I love food!

I don't know yet

3 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by promiseniqqa(m): 1:57pm On Sep 06, 2019
lol..... 2015
i divided it into two
first set i went yo nearest UBA bank nd secured it then thr second part of the money,i told my boss that am not well....i buy fuel for house play PS and gambled till i gained back my salary...i nw enjoyed my pepersoup with beer

3 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 06, 2019
Stefaniebo:
I remembered when I was still a corper and they preached that we should sow all our allawee to God. Most of us sow allawee, come dey beg the next day. we trek go CDS tire. I look back now and it's funny to me.
Next time, make sure you sow in to my life...
I am a fertile ground!!!

4 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2019
That was 2008, gave it to my parents, but they return it.

I can't remember what I later use it for. I spend it anyhow, but happy while spending it.

Inside life

6 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by Sunnycliff(m): 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2019
I chop my money as e come. I no do anything

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by APCLyingBastard: 2:00pm On Sep 06, 2019
Hookers and booze

Was in the navy back then.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by nikz(f): 2:01pm On Sep 06, 2019
I bought drum set for the parish I was worshipping then and gave part to my mum omo see prayer from the pastor and mumsy. God has been faithful

11 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by Liftkid(m): 2:01pm On Sep 06, 2019
I have never worked for anyone but the very first money earned was 22k and I gave All to momma

5 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by Majlaw(m): 2:01pm On Sep 06, 2019
All of you are Linus... Your first salary was ur first Nysc Allawee. So you gave ur first Allawee to your Mom? Continue God is watching you.

4 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by Commentor: 2:03pm On Sep 06, 2019
Bought a second-hand desktop computer, installed Linux OS, the rest is history.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by Onnasucs1(m): 2:04pm On Sep 06, 2019
My first salary was 5k and I bought my mum an Android phone. Tecno M3 smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by IkemChris(m): 2:05pm On Sep 06, 2019
Used mine to pay igbese I incurred during the first work

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 06, 2019
Opened a savings account and deposited some money from the salary into it
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by emmalexabl(m): 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2019

16 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by Gofwane(m): 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2019
Davash222:
A friend once gave his first salary to his pastor in form of seed sowing while I used mine to buy Beer with fish pepper soup for one week consecutively.

To him, I'm a fool.
oboyyeh, na wetin me sef do be dat oh grin
I gathered my friends and took them to Rayfield Resort where we drank to stupor. Two of my Guys woke up in a police station. They were arrested for trying to rape the D.P.O's daughter

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 06, 2019
Emotionss:
Gave it all to my Loving Mother.
And it has been my culture since then. My first and last monthly salaries goes to my mother. Apart from her monthly me maintenance fees.
What of the fathers that toiled to see u fed and schooled?

10 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by passyhansome(m): 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2019
GAVE IT TO GOD
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by Callertunez: 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2019
Shibaraba:
My first salary I was 18 and a virgin. There was a brothel near my office with solid girls. They also sold beer there. I went to the brothel to drink beer. grin
I went again the second day
And the third day
Till I exhausted my salary

And resumed when I was paid again.
Their beer dey very cold grin
the story still remain na gringrin
Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by lekbel09(m): 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2019
This question Just brought back some good memories for me.

My first salary was 6000 naira back in the day, and I remember it felt like 6millionn to me.

I gave two-thirds of it to my sweet and loving grandma then, may her gentle soul rest in peace . The woman really tried for me and my siblings while we were growing up.

The remaining went into buying of phone .

5 Likes

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by symbianDON(m): 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2019
dkronicle:
I use am smoke igbo, drink hollandia. That year 2013. 12k. Is that one not punishment work.
you de crase, i swear grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Did You Do With Your First Ever Salary? by NACE13: 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2019
I bought a portable 'chinco' mP3 player since it was the next best thing to having a phone, used the rest to buy clothes and shoes, and yeah, I was just 16, fresh outta Secondary school.

My parents were happy because I did my own shopping by myself, for myself for the very first time. 12k was quite a lot of money then.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

English Language Test At The U.s. Embassy - Administrative Clerk / Parents Who Want You To Study Medicine Love You For Real Do It ! / My Boss Nags Each Time Its Time To Pay Salary. Please Advise Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.