Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed (21021 Views)

XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others / Xenophobia: 315 South Africa Returnees Arrive Nigeria (Photos) / Xenophobia: Nigerians Board A Bus To South African Airport, Set To Return Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by snipernigga(m): 6:48pm On Sep 06, 2019
angry When the Israeli government raided Entebbe airport on Uganda to free their citizens held hostage by Idi Amin, did they ask for their passports? �

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by pacificom: 6:52pm On Sep 06, 2019
kakakii:
See am

How will you allow your Passport and travel documents to expire in another man's land without doing anything about it. Sometimes it's difficult to defend our people...

When FG said no Nigerian died people were shouting and saying Lai Mohammed, what do you expect FG to do when Nigerian citizens are not properly documented.
As far as the FG is concerned if a Nigerian nationals with no documentation died = No one died ..

Someone with no documentation can claim any country....

Made me remember one controversial video I watched about china harvesting people's organ ..

They arrest people with no documentation and harvest their organ making it difficult for people to locate them.
Only God knows how many of our Citizens have died abroad

EDIT
No matter your status abroad.. No one deserves to die

Irresponsibilities of the citizens is as a result of the government failure. Nigerian government need to make our economy fit for purpose and enable the environment for citizens to leverage on home based oppotunities as they are graduating from institutions. One Yoruba adage says " if the home is embittered, outdoor is as fantastic as the jungle.
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by Mcreloaded(m): 7:10pm On Sep 06, 2019
How did Nigerian government bring back our guys from Libya, obvioisly most of them were not properly documented as they used land to get to Libya and yet they were brought back.

This air peace story no straight at all at all.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 06, 2019
I read some comments stating that some of the victims of the xenophobic attacks letting their passports expire shows that they had no intention of coming back to Nigeria. I get that sentiment and that might be true but had it dawned on you that some of these people might have tried to renew them but could not. It is only a person who has not had the displeasure of dealing with a Nigerian Mission [Embassy] abroad would not understand how unnecessarily difficult and hard these folks make things for their fellow country men and women. The Embassy staff would do their very best to frustrate all your efforts in either trying to renew your Nigerian passport or apply for a Nigerian Visa. It seems like they derive absolute joy in seeing their fellow citizen suffer. Otherwise, tell me why Nigeria would require that a bonafide citizen produce an "invitation letter" from a Nigerian citizen who MUST have a Passport before they would issue you a Nigerian Visa? First and foremost, not all Nigerians resident in the country have a passport but that does not takeaway their Nigerianness. Secondly, the only crime the applicant committed is having dual citizenship. It's one thing if the country does not subscribe to dual citizenship but Nigeria does. The question then is why go the extra mile to make life difficult for your citizens simply because of their dual nationality? So, let's not pass judgment until we're in a position to do so.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by tpiander: 7:19pm On Sep 06, 2019
i think most of us have an idea what is going on, it's not necessary to type epistles.
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by frozen70(f): 7:26pm On Sep 06, 2019
So how will those willing to come back cope
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by mu2sa2: 7:38pm On Sep 06, 2019
puredigital:

Must you be tribalistic? This your act won't take us far as one Nigeria.
I'm not being tribalistic. I saw it myself on a visit to south africa. Even the taxi driver who took us around identified them as igbo but he remarked that he knew a decent guy who came from port Harcourt. Of course not all igbo guys are engaged in criminality, but most of the street guys are, because there are no jobs there. Many do survive, though, using their naija sense e.g bribing police guys and spending heavily on girls
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by ctleurocollege: 8:50pm On Sep 06, 2019
I'm a bit worried about the increase in crime when these shady characters are brought back into the country. I hope the government have plans to reorientate them so that they don't become nuisance here, Nigeria isn't a dumping ground.

For those interested in studying in Cyprus, contact me, it's not free
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by planetx: 9:51pm On Sep 06, 2019
Obviously most are not interested in coming back
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by tpiander: 9:59pm On Sep 06, 2019
Coming back is like starting from square one when people have been making plans to travel elsewhere from their various locations.

Returning to Nigeria means you have to start visa processing from scratch again, possibly get new names, etc. It's not convenient.
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by banji1(m): 10:45pm On Sep 06, 2019
People who sees "abroad" as a must. Air Peace and Nigeria govt will be shocked most of these folks don't have intention of returning home. They'd rather die than return home empty handed!

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature for detail's
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by Chukalemon(m): 10:57pm On Sep 06, 2019
Not all nigerians leaving in south Africa we like to be evacuated back to nigeria.
Instead they we prefer to stay their and see the roughly end of it all.
Do you expect those nigerian rich guys leaving in south africa to fly back to this pit asshole called Nigeria.

Damn it. angry angry
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by mukthar2000(m): 2:55am On Sep 07, 2019
is because the Nigerians in South Africa have to obtain travel certificates because many of them do not
have travel documents and their passports have expired.
withe the way they SA was killing them like goat, they can still care to obtain document abiii, Air peace I beg were u dey jareee, enii or I yo odileee,
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by AFONJACOW(m): 6:14am On Sep 07, 2019
kakakii:
See am

How will you allow your Passport and travel documents to expire in another man's land without doing anything about it. Sometimes it's difficult to defend our people...

When FG said no Nigerian died people were shouting and saying Lai Mohammed, what do you expect FG to do when Nigerian citizens are not properly documented.
As far as the FG is concerned if a Nigerian nationals with no documentation died = No one died ..

Someone with no documentation can claim any country....

Made me remember one controversial video I watched about china harvesting people's organ ..

They arrest people with no documentation and harvest their organ making it difficult for people to locate them.
Only God knows how many of our Citizens have died abroad

EDIT
No matter your status abroad.. No one deserves to die
have you ever tried renewing your passport in diaspora before If You have never try that before ,just shut your trap... I spent over 400dollars to bribe my way in, before they could renew my passport after stressful 7 months... Why is it so
Re: Xenophobia: Airline’s Evacuation’s Plan Postponed by DevilhimseIf: 8:27am On Sep 07, 2019
[s]
Sukueponmalu:

[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saudi Cancels Visa Of Air Peace's 264 Passengers After Arriving In Jeddah / My Story About Malaysia. / Commercial Bus Falls Into Gutter At Dopemu, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.