Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? (26341 Views)

How Cold War In Lagos APC Caused Rejection Of Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet Nominees / Protests In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-Olu's Cabinet / Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by Chimookigwe: 8:39am On Sep 07, 2019
henryhemon:

21??

It's not a rumour, it's common knowledge everywhere.
Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by Chimookigwe: 8:40am On Sep 07, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

Oko awon Okoro ? cheesy

Lmaooooo, baba mi, longest time.
Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by TheFacelessMan: 8:43am On Sep 07, 2019
Chimookigwe:

Lmaooooo, baba mi, longest time.

Yeah. Bans left and right.

Finally forced me to thinking of plying my trade outside NL.

Just been thinking of an idea - a totally unique identity for my Hero, that is the only thing holding me back. You know TheFacelessMan is owned by R.R. Martin.

This Muri has an impressive resume. Nice to be so close to power in youth.

1 Like

Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by Hoodbilonia: 8:46am On Sep 07, 2019
Yeye ole
Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by bamidbamid: 8:46am On Sep 07, 2019
bamidbamid:
Ur question is synonymous to asking if Tinubu is the most powerful in Lagos state.. Because Muri Okunola is equal to Tinubu, he is Jagabans PRINCIPAL INSTRUMENT during the last day's of Ambode and NOW..
Regardless.. I Envy and Love him so much.
HMO baba, I hail ooh.
He is the real YAGI (Young and getting it).

1 Like

Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by Chimookigwe: 8:47am On Sep 07, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

Yeah. Bans left and right.

Finally forced me to thinking of plying my trade outside NL.

Just been thinking of an idea - a totally unique identity for my Hero. You know TheFacelessMan is owned by R.R. Martin.

This Muri has an impressive resume. Nice to be so close to power in youth.

Yeah. Outside Nairaland, the audience is unlimited. You won't be banned by those who make grammatical errors in posts to be moved to the front page.

As for Muri Okunola, he is an Omo agba. His dad was Tinubu's friend and he too has become more close to Tinubu than his father. Tinubu actually uses him to interface with youths.

I have never had an encounter with him but I also have never encountered anyone that had issues with him. Just that he's under enormous pressure to prove naysayers wrong and show that he's more than capable to carry the weight of office placed on him.

5 Likes

Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by Legendguru: 9:20am On Sep 07, 2019
How
Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by olagbola45(m): 9:21am On Sep 07, 2019
Eyan k1

Owo baba nabila

HMO RMO
Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by bluecircle470: 9:25am On Sep 07, 2019
Chimookigwe:
He was formerly Jagaban's PA in 2003-2005. That's when Tinubu was Governor. He was 31

From there, he was made the Executive Secretary, Land Use Allocation Committee at 33

From there, he became PS Lands at 39. I heard he threw a party to celebrate his first Billion at this point.

From there, Ambode threw him to Special Duties and from there to Sports.

Ambode retired 21 senior Permanent Secretaries to make him Head of Service on the 31st of December 2018.

It was Gbanga Ashafa that celebrated one billion naira mark and not HMO

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by alphaNomega: 9:31am On Sep 07, 2019
Lanrelagboi:

At present, there is a powerful player in the government cabinet of Babajide Sanwo-Olu that everybody defers to.

‘’Everybody defers to him because he is Asiwaju Bola Tinubu’s golden boy and his extremely close to the powerful politician’’ a source stated.

Societynow.ng learned that the Head of Service, Hakeem Muri Okunola is regarded as the most powerful individual in the Lagos State Government.

Aside from drawing his power from the seemingly bottomless pit of Tinubu’s influence, insiders insist that to his credit HMO – as he is fondly called – is adept in the politics of Alausa, the seat of Lagos Government.

He forms a trio of the favored ‘’sons’’ of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu along with Oba Saheed Ademola Elegushi and Folorunsho Folarin (Folly ) Coker, the Director-General of the Nigeria Tourism Development Commission.

The three talents groomed for high purposes since the days Tinubu was Governor of Lagos state ( and were part of the administration as models of what can be achieved as at a young age with dedication, hard work, and loyalty).

With guiding hands of Tinubu behind the scene – and his zeal – Muri Okunola became the man in charge of the plum Land Use and Allocation Committee as Executive Secretary ( just like a permanent Secretary) between 2005 and 2011.

‘’That was a position many will literally die for’’ societynow.ng learned.

It took the cold-hearted campaign by immediate past Governor Akinwunmi Ambode to pluck HMO from the plum position and post him to a relegated – in influence – role of Permanent Secretary Ministry of Youth and Social Development.

‘’And this was a time Ambode was sacking others with the infamous slogan of Mo Be Orie Danu ( translated I cut off his head but with the meaning I dealt with him), for HMO to remain in the system on the same cadre though reduced in influence shows how strong the power backing him is’’ a source pointed out.

And to show he enjoys immense support of the powers that be, HMO rose to make history as the youngest person to occupy the office of the Head of Service of the Lagos state government right in the heart of the scathing crisis between Ambode and Tinubu which has made many people casualties on both sides.

HMO was sworn on December 31, 208.

The development made HMO the first major player in the new government to be in place.

‘’He was a long-range and major shot in an engaging and unfolding power play’’ societynow.ng learned.

Societynow.ng learned that HMO is putting his putting the advantage to good use in deployment of ‘’troops’’ within government circle and ‘’correcting’’ the ills perpetrated by Ambode.

‘’Deployment of troops is the root cause of the hullabaloo over the removal of the Head of Lagos State Vehicle Inspection Service Gbolahan Toriola’’ societynow.ng learned.

Just like Ambode purged the loyalists of his predecessor, his sympathizers especially those the former governor put in place to serve selfish interests are experiencing the same fate.

Societynow.ng learned that Head of Service is ensuring that ‘’ men loyal to the master plan of a grand Lagos designed by Tinubu’’ are being put in place to ensure governance is on the autorun as directed by the powerful politician irrespective of whoever occupies the office of Governor.

‘’And knowing where HMO draws his influence, many are naturally defer to him in most of these matters’’ societynow.ng learned.

https://societynow.ng/meet-the-most-powerful-man-in-sanwo-olus-govtand-it-is-not-deputy-gov-hamzat/

Naaaa... He is the distraction. The real players are never on the spotlight until shít goes down.

3 Likes

Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by Olorunnim: 9:32am On Sep 07, 2019
Meliian:
We don't care. We focus on good governance. That's all that matters.
And you see good governance as retiring 21 people for one person to become head of service?
Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by Chimookigwe: 9:32am On Sep 07, 2019
bluecircle470:

It was Gbanga Ashafa that celebrated one billion naira mark and not HMO

Thanks.

Edited

1 Like

Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by FarahAideed: 9:35am On Sep 07, 2019
Partied with him recently , I must say he is humble down to earth cat with good dress sense and good taste buds for great wine .

1 Like

Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by imolile: 9:41am On Sep 07, 2019
Nigerian Do you know the The government don't care about you?

Do you know they really never cared?

Do you know there is no indigenous Nigerian companies that employ graduates ?
They have by corruption killed the available ones
I will prove it, Why does it take eternity for you to have Constant Electricity? Yet those who become governors have surplus to loot even after leaving

Why is the Nigerian road in Shambles? Yet they come every four years to Beg for your Votes

Why does it take Media outcry for Buhari to respond to the Plights of Nigerians in South Africa

Do you know that Nigerian government is an embarrassment around the world

South Africa have their own Airline
Rwanda Have their own Airline
Botswana Have their own Airline
Namibia, Ghana , Tanzania, Uganda and most other African countries have their Airlines
Do you know that Nigerian Airline died as a result of their corruption

Botswana and all the countries mention Have a singular website with which funds goes to the government coffers
Do you know that the multiplicity of website in Nigeria is an avenue to steal
Police have a website, the Military have a website, Maritime have a Website, Presidency have a website, Senators have separate websites.
so corruption is entrenched in the Nigerian system or Lack of it

The Recent Xenophobia although it is self Hate, Do you know that If the Chairman of the Air Peace Allen Onyema does not volunteer to take Nigeria back, Do you know how embarrassing the situation of not being able to airlift stranded Nigerians is in among Africans most populous country would have been
The Nigerian Government need to experience the Power of the People. We all need to Like the South Africans take our destiny in our hands and chase these idiots out of town.
They cant kill us ALL
If we don't Expect another disgrace from Benin republic and Ghana
The is the right time to Arise Oh Compatriot
We were close to Revolution Last week But we used the energy to fight foreign companies who without them some of our families would not be employed
Our Real enemies is our Government

Finally on our Shame around the world. Try to apply for Visa to Botswana, Nigeria is not on the list of their countries, They dont want Nigeria in Tanzania, they dont want Nigeria in Rwanda and these are countries that are doing well in current African society
The question is Why?
Our Leaders brought us to our heel and shamed us by the unrelenting corruption

If you think Buhari is a President. Think again
We currently have a figure head retiring in Aso rock confused about running a Nation

1 Like

Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:01am On Sep 07, 2019
don't think so.the most powerful is the deputy governor. .Dr. Obafemi Hamzat

3 Likes

Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by ALABACONNECT(m): 10:08am On Sep 07, 2019
Lagos and politics undecided
Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by Hedonisco: 10:41am On Sep 07, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
don't think so.the most powerful is the deputy governor. .Dr. Obafemi Hamzat

Really? So why did the powers that be make him a deputy governor rather than the governor?
Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by enemyofprogress: 10:48am On Sep 07, 2019
Olawrites:
His late father has done the job for him already. I know him very well, TINUBU and his dad are good friends. His dad lives in Dolphin estate Ikoyi.
ba who ask you Mr oversabi sabi?
Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by ogunladeabiodu(m): 11:01am On Sep 07, 2019
Man knows man
Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 07, 2019
Me scrolling down hoping to read about minimum wage but alas-i no see anything
Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by Dshocker(m): 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2019
Welcome Mr Muri Okunola,the next Lagos state governor
Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by kblacko1: 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2019
next governor of lagos State
Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by tsinzu: 1:09pm On Sep 07, 2019
You have started creating new thin gods for yourselves among these useless politicians
Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by rydow(m): 1:19pm On Sep 07, 2019
Next Governor of Lagos State! #NoCap!
Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by Rijal: 1:58pm On Sep 07, 2019
kay5you:
Lagos will continue to be the least livable city in the world under this thyroid eye patient
BAD BELLE
Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by dbanjj1629(m): 6:46pm On Sep 07, 2019
Lagos State Governor in the Embryo. He's being groomed for the future.
Re: Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:06am On Sep 09, 2019
Hedonisco:

Really? So why did the powers that be make him a deputy governor rather than the governor?

he will be too tough to control than the present governor by tinubu....due to his strong party affiliate and wider reach they hv no choice than to bring him aboard.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP House Of Rep Aspirant Among Arrested Robbery Suspects Paraded In Ekiti / Saraki Completes His Umrah Rites In Holy Mosque In Saudi Arabia(photo) / Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.