Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. (9755 Views)

APC Yoruba Tinubu Thugs Attack Yorubas Who Look Like Ibo. / WHO ARE SS Brothers''igbos Or Yorubas? / Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Has Aligned With The North More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by abdulwastecx(m): 11:18am On Sep 07, 2019
chennaija:

I'm telling you that what is happening in Ondo is like what is happening in Edo and Kwara. I 'll touch on Kwara, like Ondo like you said, Kwara is also run by Hausa-Fulani but doesn't mean that they own the state. Yoruba own Kwara but they don't run it. Likewise Ijaw owns Ondo but don't run it. Likewise too Edo with Igbo blood are the true owners of Edo but Edo with yoruba blood run it.

Which Hausa Fulani run Kwara?
"Nothing we no go hear from IPob for nairaland" to begin with, Kwara is not a 100% Yoruba state but the majority of its inhabitants are Yorubas, Yorubas are running the show in Kwara. The official language of the state is Yoruba, the major politicians are of Yoruba stock. I don't think you will be able to last a month in Ilorin the state capita if you dont know how to speak Yoruba

Trust me, Ondo is Yoruba and we are very pro Yoruba in our outlook, most of the founding member odua people Congress are from Ondo state. Gani Fawemi is from ondo, OPC leader Gani Adams is from ondo.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by Odingo1: 11:24am On Sep 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
lol this laughable grin

Do you know the history of the llajes?

Ilajes always claim to be Yorubas more than anyone else
They attached theirselves to Yorubas, but what I mean is that a Yoruba man cannot hear Ilaje language.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by otipoju(m): 11:26am On Sep 07, 2019
[quote author=Odingo1 post=82001608]
But Ilaje people can’t hear Yoruba language or can a Yoruba man hear Ilaje language. Just like in Lagos also where Egun or Awori man have their own language which Yoruba person cannot hear.

You know Yorubas successfully put all this non Yorubas tribes as Yorubas because other Nigerians don’t put division among them the same way Yorubas and the North put divisions between the Igbos and related tribes in Niger Delta because of oil.

In real situation Aworis, Eguns, Ilaje have a unique language that a Yoruba man cannot understand when they are speaking
Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by FlyoruB: 11:28am On Sep 07, 2019
Odingo1:

They attached theirselves to Yorubas, but what I mean is that a Yoruba man cannot hear Ilaje language.

You Igbos are very daft and useless. I am a Yoruba man of ijesha stock, and I can understand ilaje dialect, yet you a useless ranting ipob are insisting that I can't. Abeg how is it your bleeping headache? You people have mental issues. Las las na on top our matter you go mud.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by goodnessme1(f): 11:30am On Sep 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Over the last few days, I have come to the realisation that some people's only purpose in live is centred around making tribalistic and divisive comments on nairaland.

Many of them have lost every sense of purpose after the whole of Nigeria showed solidarity and spoke with one voice against what is going on in South Africa.

One of them is the op who makes tribal comments all day on nairaland.

Anyone doubting my assertion should go through his/her comments

I hope you finally find peace one day.
oga am not a tribalist.

I only says the truth.

I create this topic to learn more about ondo state.
Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by Iamgrey5(m): 11:30am On Sep 07, 2019
Odingo1:

Lol

You should read Yoruba history bruv, they are not attaching themselves to anything.

Google the history of Olugbo and Moremi.

They speak a dailect of Eastern Yorubas, most Eastern/Southern Yorubas like Ijesha and Ijebus can understand them perfectly.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by Westtimeline: 11:30am On Sep 07, 2019
chennaija:

I'm telling you that what is happening in Ondo is like what is happening in Edo and Kwara. I 'll touch on Kwara, like Ondo like you said, Kwara is also run by Hausa-Fulani but doesn't mean that they own the state. Yoruba own Kwara but they don't run it. Likewise Ijaw own Ondo but don't run it. Likewise too Edo with Igbo blood are the true owners of Edo but Edo with yoruba blood run it.
How daft can this one be. Who is the governor of kwara. Name any past governor of kwara that is Fulani. Even the emir is a Yoruba man. Instead of researching, you decided to be daft.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by Iamgrey5(m): 11:32am On Sep 07, 2019
goodnessme1:
oga am not a tribalist.

I only says the truth.

Madam or sir you should have made learning the subject of your thread not insults and allegations.

What you are doing on this thread is what is referred to as tribalism not learning.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by Westtimeline: 11:39am On Sep 07, 2019
goodnessme1:
oga am not a tribalist.

I only says the truth.

Shut up, you are. Besides, I did not see you on that thread when your brothers were caught by FBI in US for fraud.

You better revamp your poor grammar instead of killing yourself over Yoruba issue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by goodnessme1(f): 11:42am On Sep 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Madam or sir you should have made learning the subject of your thread not insults and allegations.

What you are doing on this thread is what is referred to as tribalism not learning.
The subject of my thread is not bad,i wrote that to draw attention.

What matters is the body of my thread.

Stop accusing me of tribalism became from your post history,you are not better.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by goodnessme1(f): 11:46am On Sep 07, 2019
Westtimeline:
Shut up, you are. Besides, I did not see you on that thread when your brothers were caught by FBI in US for fraud.

You better revamp your poor grammar instead of killing yourself over Yoruba issue.
If you have nothing to contribute on this thread pls check the next.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by kayusely70(m): 11:52am On Sep 07, 2019
What is the percentage of the two tribes in ondo state, find out and get back here.
Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by traihit: 11:57am On Sep 07, 2019
We still have alk this divisions in our land yet we are crucifying the South Africans for xenophobia. How are we in any way bettee than them?

This life is not difficult to live in. Wherever you find yourself, just live and let live. No one's going to be here forever. All these our lands, their lands when we should be facing leadership and development problems. When are we ever going rise up and make our government accountable whom we pay taxes and allegiance to? Instead we keep shouting division when none of us will be here in a century to come.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by hammerVJ: 11:58am On Sep 07, 2019
goodnessme1:
pls and am here to learn.

Before i thought all six south west state are fully Yorubas.

But recently a man who i thought is a yoruba man was arrested(sowore)
that was when i get to know he is an ijaw from ondo state.

My question now is between ijaw and yorubas who have more population in ondo.

MIMIKO LOOKS LIKE AN IGBO MAN.

DEFINATELY DOES NOT LOOK YORUBA.

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by hammerVJ: 12:00pm On Sep 07, 2019
TO SETTLE MATTER, ONDO SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM SW AND ADDED TO SS.

THE PEOPLE OF ONDO ARE NOT YORUBAS.
Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by hammerVJ: 12:01pm On Sep 07, 2019
HE DOESN'T EVEN DRESS LIKE A YORUBA MAN.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by Iamgrey5(m): 12:02pm On Sep 07, 2019
goodnessme1:

There's nothing wrong with my post history.

You are found of making tribalistic comments.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by hammerVJ: 12:03pm On Sep 07, 2019
goodnessme1:

NYBODY THAT SPEAK THE TRUTH IS TRIBALIST.

AFONJA HATE THE TRUTH.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by traihit: 12:04pm On Sep 07, 2019
hammerVJ:

Definitely Olusegun is not even Yoruba name. Oga let's use all these digging to better our country. You're not gonna make any difference with all these.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by hammerVJ: 12:05pm On Sep 07, 2019
IS SOWORE AN ONDO MAN NOT REJECTED AS IJAW BY AFONJA.

NOT ONLY DAT, WE HAVE PEOPLE FROM EDO IN ONDO TOO.

EVEN URHOBO DEY THERE.

I EVEN HEARD, SOME IGBOS ARE NATIVES THERE.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by hammerVJ: 12:07pm On Sep 07, 2019
traihit:

Definitely Olusegun is not even Yoruba name. Oga let's use all these digging to better our country. You're not gonna make any difference with all these.

IS MIMIKO A YORUBA NAME?

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by Danzysb(m): 12:09pm On Sep 07, 2019
Westtimeline:
[s][/s]As usual. Land grabbing. They are trying to grab rivers. Come to rivers and say this if you are the son of your father. Yorubas own ondo and the oil in ondo belong to them. No oil in igboland.

Truth be told.
''No oil in igboland'' Ignorance wont take you anywhere,please there is oil in igboland,and are in three states of the southeast,Abia Anambra Imo,you can struggle for the one in ondo which is owned by the ijaws.Don't bring igbo into your write up.yorubas dont own any oil in ondo,they only own skull mining business grin
Westtimeline:
[s][/s]As usual. Land grabbing. They are trying to grab rivers. Come to rivers and say this if you are the son of your father. Yorubas own ondo and the oil in ondo belong to them. No oil in igboland.

Truth be told.
''No oil in igboland'' Ignorance wont take you anywhere,p
Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by Iamgrey5(m): 12:10pm On Sep 07, 2019
hammerVJ:

IS MIMIKO A YORUBA NAME?
What language is Mimiko?
Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by Frenchkiss564: 12:11pm On Sep 07, 2019
hammerVJ:

Lol... That's yoruba dress, to cap it all he was even wearing Awolowo's cap.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by hammerVJ: 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
What language is Mimiko?

DEFINATELY NOT YORUBA.
Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by traihit: 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2019
hammerVJ:

IS MIMIKO A YORUBA NAME?

Same as Omoyele. See oga, either you win or I lose the argument is not the point. Your account balance and mine won't change because of that but Nigerian tribes has suffered so much together yet they keep up dividing themselves when the air smells the same every where in the country.
Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by Frenchkiss564: 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2019
hammerVJ:

IS MIMIKO A YORUBA NAME?

MIMIKO is a full ondo yoruba name and the full version of the name is Ifamimikomi. Translates as ifa game mi another one.

5 Likes

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by Iamgrey5(m): 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2019
hammerVJ:

DEFINATELY NOT YORUBA.
Which language is it?
Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by hammerVJ: 12:13pm On Sep 07, 2019
Frenchkiss564:

Lol... That's yoruba dress, to cap it all he was even wearing Awolowo's cap.

THIS IS YORUBA DRESS.

MIMIKO IS DRESSING LIKE A EASTERNER OR NIGERDELTAN.

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by hammerVJ: 12:15pm On Sep 07, 2019
MIMIKO EASTERN STYLE OF DRESSING.

Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by Iamgrey5(m): 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2019
hammerVJ:

THIS IS YORUBA DRESS.

So What Amosun with his pointed cap? grin

Bros, follow the history of Yorubas if you truly want to troll us.
Re: Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo. by Frenchkiss564: 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2019
hammerVJ:

THIS IS YORUBA DRESS.

So yoruba have only one kind of dress? What makes that dress eastern or nigerdeltan??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abiodun Gives Free Land To 2,000 Farmers / Soldiers Foil Boko Haram’s Fresh Bid To Bomb Abuja / Zamfara Arranges Husbands For 2000 Widows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.