Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final (26068 Views)

Lebron James, Serena Williams, Tom Brady, Kim K. Attend Messi's Debut Match / Bianca Andreescu Defeats Serena Williams To Win 2019 US Open (Photos) / Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian In An All-Star Guest List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by Carbon2Oxide: 9:27pm On Sep 07, 2019
Seun:
Serena Williams, serving for the first game, loses it by double-faulting. Is she afraid of getting into long rallies with Bianca? Not looking good for her.
Nerves

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by Amethyst101(m): 9:29pm On Sep 07, 2019
Should have eclipsed the record if she won her last 3 GS finals.
I hope this will be 4th time lucky.
I still remember the drama with Naomi Osaka last year grin

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by efavour: 9:29pm On Sep 07, 2019
greggng:
Serena should let go and retire ...she should all the young to grow....
my friend go sit down, how has her playing stopped them from growing? Abi you just want to talk

3 Likes

Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by Olorunnim: 9:29pm On Sep 07, 2019
Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by efavour: 9:31pm On Sep 07, 2019
Carbon2Oxide:

Nerves

yeah, I pray she axe this. It will go along way in restoring her confidence. Having a baby took alot out her, I mean every woman.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by BobiNick(m): 9:31pm On Sep 07, 2019
My opinion sha... Serena has tried and I wish her the best. But I see a great slam on her because the young girl she is facing is determined to ensure she has a record of beating a world champion. Best of luck to both anyways.

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by OlawaleBammie: 9:31pm On Sep 07, 2019
dominique:
I hope Serena won't be embarrassed by another teenager this year embarassed
She herself have done more dan embarrassment to some of her mamas back den remember?? dat is life for u, wen its ur turn u wil b a magician before those who hav bn doin it prior to ur arrival, and wen ur tym is rounding up, a mere juniors wil look like a genius to u.

that is wen u wil b like.... "wen i was like u"

2 Likes

Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by Neimarjnr: 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2019
Bianca nr wan hear o ooo
chaii 4th straight loss
Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by naijadrivablog: 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2019
So Seun likes tennis? grin
Serena to win.
Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by SaintHilary(m): 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2019
What's dis doing on FP
Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by BossKingRex(m): 9:33pm On Sep 07, 2019
Celebgistz1:
Bianca is going to whoop serenas ass grin

Woop ass ko, wool yansh ni...gerra ra hia keen!

Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by biafranrealson: 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2019
DSTV is a scam. they said if i paid before my due date i will be upgraded from compact to compact plus.

how can one pay 6800 and will not watch us open final
Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by Born2winnx: 9:36pm On Sep 07, 2019
biafranrealson:
DSTV is a scam. they said if i paid before my due date i will be upgraded from compact to compact plus.

Pay 18600

Premium life
Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by kilisi(m): 9:36pm On Sep 07, 2019
Serena holds serve!

Now 3-2.
Can she break Bianca back to level the score?
Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by projet: 9:37pm On Sep 07, 2019
nice one....following
Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by Afiahomes(m): 9:37pm On Sep 07, 2019
suen lets bet.... angry
Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by Agugbadin: 9:38pm On Sep 07, 2019
Serena go for gold, win this to bring your grand slam gold to 24
Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by dannybrasky(m): 9:38pm On Sep 07, 2019
They scammed me with this on many occasions,dumped them long ago. They still call me week in week out trying to persuade me into doing a renewal,awon idiot.

biafranrealson:

Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by Amethyst101(m): 9:40pm On Sep 07, 2019
4-2
Andreescu leads set 1
Serena serving
Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by OlawaleBammie: 9:41pm On Sep 07, 2019
Olorunnim:
My opinion is that Serena Williams should just go and retire, all the Athletes won't know their limit as to push their bodies to the extreme, They don't enjoy their bodies in their later years.
Am nt a fan of serena Am for d Legendary FEDERER... but wait..

If u were a tenis player and u re in her age but u keep sneaking into the final year in year out, u re a potential threat to ur opponents, ur endorsement is always skyrocketing and ur stock in market is boom... WIL U RETIRE JUST BECAUSE U RE LOSING THE FINALS?? JUDGE URSELF BIKO...

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by israelmao(m): 9:41pm On Sep 07, 2019
Experience and strategies including psychological advantage are on the side of Serena why youthful zeal and zest are on the side of Bianca. Bianca has a great deal of productive years ahead of her let me say she is just beginning.

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by kilisi(m): 9:42pm On Sep 07, 2019
Bianca holds serve again.

Now 4-2

Williams' turn to serve.
Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by boss1310(m): 9:42pm On Sep 07, 2019
Serena is already losing 2-4 mtcheew abeg o
Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by Olorunnim: 9:44pm On Sep 07, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Am nt a fan of serena Am for d Legendary FEDERER... but wait..

If u were a tenis player and u re in her age but u keep sneaking into the final year in year out, u re a potential threat to ur opponents, ur endorsement is always skyrocketing and ur stock in market is boom... WIL U RETIRE JUST BECAUSE U RE LOSING THE FINALS?? JUDGE URSELF BIKO...
I'm not talking about her losing the finals, I'm talking her health she's had a bad spell in recent years.
Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by kilisi(m): 9:44pm On Sep 07, 2019
Bianca is really giving Serena a run for her money. She's matching her power for power.
Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by charlesELIKIBA: 9:44pm On Sep 07, 2019

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by Neimarjnr: 9:45pm On Sep 07, 2019
nawa o ooo
Bianca go kill serena
Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by Sufisunni: 9:45pm On Sep 07, 2019
Seun:
At 9:00pm today, Serena Williams and Bianca Andreescu will meet to decide the winner of the 2019 US Open tennis tournament, a Grand Slam.

Serena Williams is the famous 37 year old American who has won 23 grand slams and hopes to get a 24th one. She is the greatest female tennis player of all time. She famously lost to Naomi Osaka in the final last year and had a meltdown. Since then, she has reached the final of the French Open only to be beaten badly by Simona Halep.

Her opponent, Bianca Andreescu is a 19 year old Canadian who won Indian Wells at the beginning of the Year and met Serena Williams for the first time at the Toronto Open last month. Serena had to retire due to back pain when Andreescu was leading the first set 3 - 1, making Andreescu the Toronto Open champion of 2019.

Serena is known for her serves, which are often unreturnable due to their placement and power, her service returns, and hard-hitting play. Bianca Andreescu is known for her incredible confidence and composure, great variety in her play, power, and an ability to find a way to win every match.

If you're watching the match, you can discuss it here.
Steffi GRAF is the best woman tennis player of all time
Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by boss1310(m): 9:46pm On Sep 07, 2019
this andreescu na tough opponent o see as she dey receive Serena serve
Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by Amethyst101(m): 9:46pm On Sep 07, 2019
Bianca no wan gree
but damn, she's good..!!
Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by Seun(m): 9:46pm On Sep 07, 2019
Andreescu, who is leading 4 - 2 is trying to break Serena again. Both of them are playing really well.

Update: They are still at it 5 minutes later.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Serena Williams Vs Bianca Andreescu: US Open 2019 Tennis Final by majamajic(m): 9:47pm On Sep 07, 2019
am happy to see Bianca up there, I watched her when she was around 12 yrs at a junior championship,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ikorodu United Bus In A Road Accident Enroute Makurdi Today / Brazil Vs Nigeria: Francis Uzoho Speaks After His Horrible Injury / Unai Emery Confirmed New Arsenal Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.