Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him (62925 Views)

Olamide & Asake Stole My Songs - Blackface / Olamide Releases His Own Version Of The Shaku Shaku Dance / 2face Replies Blackface And Idris. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by Meliian(f): 11:55am On Sep 08, 2019
NobleAngell:
Speaking of deflecting, u deflected first by bringing up issue of acid, pregnancy blahhhh. I repeat, i deliberately didn't answer your question. Stay on the issue at hand. Stop bringing your personal experience here. The topic here is Blackface-Tuface-African Queen, not you and your pregnancy or HIV experience.

Ewwww. This girl too daft mehhhn. I won't bother with you anymore. Consider yourself ignored!!!

1 Like

Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by cororado(m): 11:57am On Sep 08, 2019
tuface wey don chop pormo,clean mouth
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by Femeto: 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2019
If you like die and come back you can never sing it like 2baba.

1 Like

Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by Meliian(f): 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2019
johnad3:
What do you mean betrayal? Ogbeni go seat somewhere joo. Were you there when the two exchange the script? If someone decides not give you something, does it mean you can't get it elsewhere? Blackface is acting like a baby, Just leave Tuface alone. Blackface should go back to his real style and stop not being a copycat

You get lost!

1 Like

Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by Meliian(f): 12:02pm On Sep 08, 2019
Passionate1:
What does he expect from a man with 2 faces. He should have known better. A man with multiple baby mamas. .He's not stable.

Hahahaha. Touché! Who would have thunk it!
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by Meliian(f): 12:04pm On Sep 08, 2019
mightiersa:
Better... It's so painful to see people stealing ones intellectual property. Shame on the celebrated thief.
It's evident that you own the song with the perfect delivery of the masterpiece. Up you go black face.

2face is a celebrated thief.

As in ehn. The song gives me the shivers. Good shivers!
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by Meliian(f): 12:05pm On Sep 08, 2019
Femeto:
If you like die and come back you can never sing it like 2baba.

Ta! Go listen to the song first, then come back and eat your word!

2 Likes

Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by plucky16(m): 12:12pm On Sep 08, 2019
soon 2baba go dey preach peace for us, he couldn't even settle dispute between his friend. too bad for him, he should lead by example first.

I don't think it will be too hard to credit this guy and settle him once and for all. I really don't think so
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by Femeto: 12:22pm On Sep 08, 2019
Meliian:

Ta! Go listen to the song first, then come back and eat your word!
No words to be eaten here.
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by solonubinho(m): 12:25pm On Sep 08, 2019
GISTBL0G:
Blackface releases his own version of 'African Queen' after former Plantashun Boiz mate, 2face failed to give credits to him when the song became a hit and brought him to stardom. Gistmore reports

Blackface claims rights to African Queen, a rift began over who owned the rights to the hit song ‘African Queen’ after it success.

According to Blackface, he gave 2face the right to sing the song but he never got credited as a writer by the label that released it nor any acknowledgement from the singer while the song did so many numbers and won many awards since 2003/2014 till date.

However, 2face included a third verse he wrote to the music when it was produced by OJB but Blackface took that verse out and included the third he had written to make this version of his own totally written by himself .

Blackface took to his Instagram page and wrote;

Listen to song here https://www.instagram.com/p/B2Hnz85gF3O/

Gist from Gistmore
http://gistmore.com/blackface-releases-his-own-version-of-african-queen-after-2face-failed-to-credits-him

This is why some people don't progress in life. When you just can't move on. Shame.
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by ekineme: 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2019
Love song doesn't match his personality; I believe even if Blackface has released African Queen it won't have been a hit, I believe blackface should be doing collabo with IDRIS... No doubt blackface has his musical talent but I believe he will shine if he choose his music type wisely instead chasing "African queen" for this long. All because Tuface used the song to come limelight.
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by Starz825(m): 12:43pm On Sep 08, 2019
braimeddy:
It's too late for him. Tuface has already used the song to blow so nothing is left for black face to hammer again
There story be like Jacob and Esau.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by KingRabota: 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2019
Are you interested in Astronomy?

MrPresident1:
Tuface use him 'aisiki'

Meanwhile, an asteroid will make impact on planet earth before 30th September 2019.
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 08, 2019
This guy is not looking for money and I don't think he's lying, this has been going on for too long to be a lie

he just wants to get credit for his work and that is not bad

but I will suggest he moves on with life and forgive cause I believe he can still make something better than African queen.

2 Likes

Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by Damoche10: 1:06pm On Sep 08, 2019
2face don make the money waka, you dey form under him shadow....na old song as far as we are concerned and credit goes to 2face...Blackface don smoke Igbo again
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by Mophasa(m): 1:06pm On Sep 08, 2019
Tuface don sell your pant use blow since
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by Damoche10: 1:08pm On Sep 08, 2019
ekineme:
Love song doesn't match his personality; I believe even if Blackface has released African Queen it won't have been a hit, I believe blackface should be doing collabo with IDRIS... No doubt blackface has his musical talent but I believe he will shine if he choose his music type wisely instead chasing "African queen" for this long. All because Tuface used the song to come limelight.

Two bottles of stout with a plate of Isiewu for you
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by MrSly(m): 1:15pm On Sep 08, 2019
GISTBL0G:
Blackface releases his own version of 'African Queen' after former Plantashun Boiz mate, 2face failed to give credits to him when the song became a hit and brought him to stardom. Gistmore reports

Blackface claims rights to African Queen, a rift began over who owned the rights to the hit song ‘African Queen’ after it success.

According to Blackface, he gave 2face the right to sing the song but he never got credited as a writer by the label that released it nor any acknowledgement from the singer while the song did so many numbers and won many awards since 2003/2014 till date.

However, 2face included a third verse he wrote to the music when it was produced by OJB but Blackface took that verse out and included the third he had written to make this version of his own totally written by himself .

Blackface took to his Instagram page and wrote;

Listen to song here https://www.instagram.com/p/B2Hnz85gF3O/

Gist from Gistmore
http://gistmore.com/blackface-releases-his-own-version-of-african-queen-after-2face-failed-to-credits-him
Black face in my opinion rocked it better.
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by Lordjb: 1:19pm On Sep 08, 2019
Meliian:

Pls come back and drop your objective opinion. Doesn't matter if it's different to mine.
sure I will try cheesy
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by Originalsly: 1:28pm On Sep 08, 2019
I don't want to believe BF thinks this version will blow. It can be a hit again.... but will take a much more powerful rendition than 2face' ..... ...or.... used in a much viewed event to make that happen. E.g I'llAlways Love You.... cover by Whitney Houston is what the world knows... thanks to the movie The Bodyguard.... but that song was originally done by Dolly Parton.... was made even more popular later by another artist.... until Whitney put her stamp on it. 2face has his stamp on African Queen. Blackface should be in court to extract royalty by force since 2Face doesn't even want to acknowledge him. What does that say about 2Face? Life has a way.
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by Femsyn(m): 1:29pm On Sep 08, 2019
With the tenacity of Blackface's claim on this song, I strongly believe 2face indeed stole the song, but blackface doesn't have the legal backing to prosecute the case.

That said, Blackface should let it slide, since he cant prove it in a law court.

I observed something tho, Did 2face also steal the beat?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by jnoz23(m): 1:35pm On Sep 08, 2019
GUY WHY!
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by Amazingman(m): 1:41pm On Sep 08, 2019
NobleAngell:
Ok let him not move on. He is doing himself.

We all are humans. He has moved on all he wanted was just a credit to the song. It's a very very painful situation to witness something like this. After tireless night of thoughts and a masterpiece like this is stolen, it's like robbing u of all your hard earned money

2 Likes

Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by Junkie1: 1:45pm On Sep 08, 2019
LMAO
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by accountantben: 1:47pm On Sep 08, 2019
Beautiful and lovely music. But it's already too late to matter.

1 Like

Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by yeman1(m): 1:57pm On Sep 08, 2019
But this guy no get cool voice oh. ...
Anyway, I dey wait
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by donkossy(m): 1:58pm On Sep 08, 2019
Medicine after death..
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 08, 2019
Minemrys:

easier said. Imagine u invented s0mething, and s0me0ne else claimed that thing to be his without giving u credit. He w0n a n0bel for it, w0n endorsements, fame and all there is, while u are broke and ur efforts are unackn0wledge. We all love 2face but had it been it was a witchunt by black face, we'd have kn0wn by n0w. Who kn0ws, african queen could've been black face's only chance at stard0m just like it was 2face's. Bro, try to be empathic than just l0oking at things fr0m just ur em0ti0nal side. Yes, i would've let go, cos that's my nature but n0t every0ne would.

So is he gonna dwell on this issue for the rest of life and remain stagnated like he has been for 16years now and still counting?

Was African queen the only music he was ever gonna write since he claimed to be a songwriter?

If he is that good in song writing, why hasn't he written another beautiful song since then but tuface has come up with so many hit songs since African queen while this dude is still wallowing in hate and self inflicted stagnation.

He had so many people's empathy then and everyone has moved on.

Dude needs to see a psychiatrist ASAP.
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by favour32(m): 2:38pm On Sep 08, 2019
Wish u the best.
Only those who are low lives are unhappy when others try to take a step forward.
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by banji1(m): 2:41pm On Sep 08, 2019
grin

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature for details
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by Ajibade123(m): 2:47pm On Sep 08, 2019
I wonder who is still putting this blackface guy on fp... boring story
see how you can make your life better with these tips https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-make-your-life-better/
Re: Blackface Releases His Version Of 'African Queen' As 2face Fails To Credit Him by Greizman: 2:47pm On Sep 08, 2019
Do you guys know the meaning of closure?
Releasing this song might just be his closure.
He could rant, hurt for years but releasing his own version might just bring the closure he needed to forget about the whole issue.
I don't blame blackface for dwelling on the issue for so long, we are all different. Non of you insulting blackface has the right to do so. He can handle the situation the way he likes cos it is his business, not yours. Most of you would do worse.
You can forgive but not forget. You can also forget but not forgive. But sometimes the memories still come back to hunt us no matter what we are at the moment.
I really wish blackface good luck and I pray you grow higher and higher. Blackface is really talented.
I like 2face and I will continue to like him but he should have done the needful since. I think 2face is naturally a nice person but the people around are giving him bad advise based on this case. It wouldn't cost him anything to acknowledge blackface.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 10 Naija Gospel DJ Mix in 2020 | Download "Non Stop" Praise and Worship / Who Is Terry G? / What Are You Listening To Right Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.