Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,922 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You (36739 Views)

Don't Let Anyone Lick Your Private, It's Demonic - Rev. Bernard Achiuior / The Bible Does Not Blame Women For Prostitution And Jezebel But Evil Men / Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by Deepthoughts: 10:38am On Sep 08, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Hello,

There's this wrong believe among Christians that the Bible supports drinking alcohol but only in moderation. They say we can drink alcohol but we shouldn't get drunk. Well, I will be using Bible verses to show that Christians are not to look at alcohol not to talk of drinking it. Also, this thread will debunk common lies told to support drinking alcohol e.g Jesus turning water to wine.

The word wine is mentioned 231 times in the Bible. But the mistake we make today is that we think the wine mentioned is just alcholic wine. Half the time wine is mentioned in the Bible, it is about fruit juice.

In the Greek and Hebrew languages in which the Bible was written in, the word translated as wine was used to refer to alcohol and also fruit juice. So when those who translated the Bible into English did so, they had to look for an English word which could mean alcoholic beverage and fruit juice. That word is wine. You might wonder why the translators didn't make things easy for us by just writing fruit juice when the verse is talking of fruit juice and write alcoholic beverage when it's about alcohol. The thing is, doing such would mean they are injecting their own idea into the Bible.

Now, in modern times, we have this believe that wine means an alcoholic drinks. That's why we think the word wine in the Bible is always referring to alcohol. Let's me show you that wine in the Bible doesn't always mean alcoholic beverage but fruit juice.

As seen above, wine is found in the cluster i.e wine still in the cluster of grapes. This is purely fruit juice and not alcoholic.

However, grapes usually have a white powdery film around it called yeast. It is that yeast that is made use of to make alcoholic wine. They crush the grapes and in the process the yeast mixed with the fruit juice that was inside grape cluster. Next fermentation takes place then the result if alcoholic wine. Most times, wine makers add more yeast to attain the desired alcohol level. So you see, wine moved from normal fruit juice before it became alcoholic wine after yeast was added.

Now, there are two types of wine as explained above: The alcoholic and fruit juice. There's a certain type of wine the Bible said we shouldn't even look at, not to talk of touching our lips with it. Read the passage below.

The verse above is talking about alcoholic wine. It even describes fermentation process. It says we shouldn't even look at that type of wine. Yet some folks say we can drink it in moderation.

It describes the feeling one gets after drinking alcohol. It's a horrible feeling.

Have you ever had alcohol such that after taking it, women whom you would never touch with a ten foot poll suddenly start looking attractive to you? The above verse describes it as the effect of alcohol. It also describes how you start saying all sorts of junks which you would not normal say.

Remember when you lie down after taking alcohol and the whole bed seems like you are swimming, and also you feel like you are floating and your eyes being dizzy. That's the feeling described.

After the whole horrible night and you wake up to hangover, what's the cure drunkards usual prescribe? They say to cure hangover, start drinking again. That's what the above passage described.

Yet, some people say we can drink alcohol in moderation and that it only becomes a sin when we get drunk. Sorry buddy, the Bible says don't even look at it.

The Bible doesn't say we should drink alcohol in moderation. It says we should be sober at all times (1 Thessalonians 5:6 Titus 2:3).

Now let's see the common verses people love to twist to try to say we can drink alcohol

The first is found in the passage where Jesus turned water into wine. They fail to realize that it was fruit juice kind of wine, not the alcoholic or fermented one. Let's examine the passage carefully.

According to some people, it was alcoholic wine Jesus turned water into and gave the people at the wedding to drink. However, a closer look shows that not to be the case.

Pay close attention to verse 10 where the Bible says when men have well drunk. Let's see how the New International Version (NIV) renders that verse.

If it was alcoholic wine Jesus turned water into, then it basically means he wanted to destroy the guests at the wedding. After they have had too much to drink, Jesus decided to give them more. That means if there were cars back then, many would have accidentally on their way home. Remember the passage in Proverbs 23 which talks about the horrible effects alcohol. If we say these people were already drunk on alcohol, then Jesus just helped them double those effect in their life by giving them more. This means they would start to behold strange women and say perverse things. Now, tell me, who would want to listen to Jesus preach the next morning after the "alcoholic wine" he gave them to drink made some of the men to sleep with their housemaid to the anger of their wives? Made them to saw perverse things to their boss? Made them to sleep in the gutter? Yet you say Jesus gave people alcohol to drink.

Jesus didn't give anybody alcohol to drink. Doing so would mean he's a liar. Remember what he said in the passage below.

If it was alcoholic wine Jesus turned water into at the wedding in Cana, then he abolished the law and the prophet which spoke against alcoholic wine in Proverbs 23:31. So clearly it wasn't alcoholic wine he turned water into but fruit juice.

Another passage people love to use for an excuse to drink alcohol is seen below.

Mathew 11:18-19
18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.
19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

The above passage talks about a false accusations against Jesus who pointed out how they also falsely accused John the Baptist. Yet, some people will say because Jesus was accused of being a drunkard then it means he use to drink alcohol. Was John the Baptist possessed with a devil? No, but he was accused of such. I now wonder why you believe Jesus drank alcohol due to some false accusations. Remember, the accusation is that he was a drunkard. So if you use this verse to justify drinking alcohol, then don't get angry when some tells you that Jesus use to fall into gutter after getting drunk; he use to behold strange women and say perverse things. Can you see how wrong they are with their interpretation of the passage?

Another verse they use is seen below.

They pick the verse out context and say God is telling us that we can buy alcohol and drink it. If you read the previous verses, you will see that the context is about tithing. Those items listed alongside strong drink are to be brought to the temple for sacrifice to God. Some are eating, but it excludes the strong drink because nowhere in the above passage does it say drink the strong drink, same way it doesn't say drink the oil. Now, see what the strong drink is used for.

The strong drink or wine is poured out onto the Lord for a drink offering. It is not to be drank at all. But people have twisted the verse in Deutoronomy 14:26 to mean God is saying we can drink alcohol even when he said in Proverbs 23 that we shouldn't even look at it.

Guys, drinking alcohol is a sin and every Christian should abstain from it. Don't let anybody fool you into think moderation is the key. A little sip sends your good sense of judgment out the window. That's when another glass or bottle won't seem like a bad idea. And note, wine has tripple alcohol content that four bottles of beer. So don't think drinking a glass of wine is sophisticated. You are emore alcoholic than the beer drinker.

Op you did well n I can't contradict you,but personally I don't drink alcohol at all because of one of the strong guiding principles in my life i.e"anything that it disadvantages out weigh it's advantages is not for me"
Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by Frankiss44(m): 10:40am On Sep 08, 2019
adanny01:

That was Solomon speaking not God or Jesus. It was an advice to those who are drunkards, gluttons, voluptuous, people who have high appetite etc.

Vs 2 says, "and put a knife to your throat
if you are given to gluttony."

Reading 1 verse without knowing the context of the chapter is wrong translation. Be guided.

That's the problem with new generation Christians.. They just pick a verse and quote it out of context... If only people understand that Christianity is not as difficult as they make it

5 Likes

Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by wirinet(m): 10:44am On Sep 08, 2019
Deepthoughts:
Op you did well n I can't contradict you,but personally I don't drink alcohol at all because of one of the strong guiding principles in my life i.e"anything that it disadvantages out weigh it's advantages is not for me"
If it's a personal principle, why is the OP attempting to make it seem as a bible injunction or a commandment.
People have been drinking alcohol from the very dawn of history and will drink wine till the last day. If wine does not agree with your system or you are alleging to alcohol, don't condemn others whose system agree with it.

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by Soul47(m): 10:47am On Sep 08, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Alcohol doesn't come at number 100? So says someone who doesn't drink. Since you want to play a stubborn goat, go get a bottle of Jack Daniels or McDowells and drink it. Five minutes later, drive your car. If you go one a mile successful, then I will agree that alcohol is no danger to man.

There is nothing like McDowell's anymore, it's called MrDowell's.

Sharply, I don't drink alcohol anymore because of the health implications. But I don't think it's wrong to drink it, just don't drink in excess.

As for religion, alcohol intake should not defile anyone except the person thinks so.

There are more important commands of christian religion that's why alcohol intake is not explicit.

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by Debaks1: 10:49am On Sep 08, 2019
Lol.... All the wine in the Bible are alcohol.... The very notion of fruit juice is comical..... How was it preserved?

Focus on relevant teaching of Christ... Love, peace, honour.... As to others, moderation is the key.. happy Sunday..

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by YhubieIsidore(m): 10:50am On Sep 08, 2019
Thing is, Religion in Nigeria is filled with self-acclamed righteous hypocrites. We twist the bible to favour our thought, and sell it under the branding of some spirit. If only we knew that what we are doing is still a form of blasphemy.

3 Likes

Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by Liebermantic: 10:51am On Sep 08, 2019
Wine is an Alcoholic drink..Wine must contain Alcohol unless it is not wine..The person that poet d this is totally ignorant..

Every wine must contain Alcohol.. that's the pure truth.

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by Naco17: 10:51am On Sep 08, 2019
Hello dear. You mean you sat down and wrote all these because of alcohol?Please I would wish you sit down and write about the the Love of God for us in Christ Jesus.The latter is centre of the Gospel.The Gospel is too simple that is has been complicated. Men naturally want to tilt to religion.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by alBHAGDADI: 10:55am On Sep 08, 2019
Soul47:

There is nothing like McDowell's anymore, it's called MrDowells's.

Sharply, I don't drink alcohol anymore because of the health implications. But I don't think it's wrong to drink it, just don't drink in excess.

As for religion, alcohol intake should not defile anyone except the person thinks so.

There are more important commands of christian religion that's why alcohol intake is not explicit.

Don't operate on what you think over what God says.
Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 08, 2019
Frankiss44:

cheesy cheesy I almost choke on my beer... Bros take am easy abeg.. You dey vex gan
I don't like people who twist the Bible to suit their selfish ideas. most of them want to become god imposing new rules on men

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by alBHAGDADI: 10:55am On Sep 08, 2019
Deepthoughts:

Now that you have seen how God forbid alcohol intake, it will add to your moral code.
Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by AfroKnight: 10:56am On Sep 08, 2019
Hello Mr Op,

Wine is different from juice.

If you read wine in your bible, then it is wine! Not juice. It is Alcoholic wine made by fermentation. Like, some nice Italian vintage. grin

Wine can never be “non-alcoholic”. It can be dealcoholised but it was alcoholic to start with. That’s what makes it wine. The process of dealcoholising wine is a recent process in relation to bible times, anyway.

Don’t fool yourself.

If you don’t drink alcohol, it’s your principle and that’s fine.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by Deepthoughts: 10:57am On Sep 08, 2019
wirinet:

If it's a personal principle, why is the OP attempting to make it seem as a bible injunction or a commandment.
People have been drinking alcohol from the very dawn of history and will drink wine till the last day. If wine does not agree with your system or you are alleging to alcohol, don't condemn others whose system agree with it.
I was referring to MY OWN PERSONAL LIFE PRINCIPLE not op's, please don't get confused n mix things up.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by alBHAGDADI: 10:58am On Sep 08, 2019
adanny01:

That was Solomon speaking not God or Jesus. It was an advice to those who are drunkards, gluttons, voluptuous, people who have high appetite etc.

Vs 2 says, "and put a knife to your throat
if you are given to gluttony."

Reading 1 verse without knowing the context of the chapter is wrong translation. Be guided.

Verse spoke of gluttony. How you managed to make it the context for alcohol is what I don't understand .

You have actually done what you wrongly accused me off.
Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by Soul47(m): 10:59am On Sep 08, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Don't operate on what you think over what God says.

You are my God
Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by alBHAGDADI: 11:00am On Sep 08, 2019
biggerboyc:

Bros please try to read different version to understand the message in proverb23:31. And you just pick a verse from the Bible and start spreading news the way Muslims do, why not read from maybe verse 29

Don't read from other versions. Stick with the King James Version. Other Bible versions are pollution's done by Satan. Read below.

https://www.nairaland.com/4957299/bible-sword-butter-knife-why
Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by alBHAGDADI: 11:01am On Sep 08, 2019
pluto3:
And where was Alcohol mentioned in this Proverbs 23:31? guys Christianity is of the heart/mind simply put.... but las las... having a pure heart is better than being a christian/ islam or any other religion...

It didn't have to mention the word alcohol. It did better by describing it and how it affects those who drink it. Just read beyond verse 31
Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by victorazyvictor(m): 11:01am On Sep 08, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Hello,
is sophisticated. You are emore alcoholic

Bros, drinking alcohol is not sin as it was not categorically mentioned. Bible only warn about the implications of getting drunk as it is gate way to sin.

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by Deepthoughts: 11:01am On Sep 08, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Now that you have seen how God forbid alcohol intake, it will add to your moral code.
Thanks,but I never claimed to be a saint though.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 08, 2019
guywitzerogal:
and what if u re wrong?
The Bible is Not Wrong.. so I am not Wrong..
Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by victorazyvictor(m): 11:04am On Sep 08, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

And you never knew that many things you consume contents alcohol?

Hope u never tasted cake before or wore perfume?

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by Lastorator: 11:04am On Sep 08, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You just shared the first picture below which is from the satanic Daddy Freeze. Well, the Catholic pope and Bishop seen in it are the same men who go against the word of God by making idols and bowing down to it, even telling people to do the same. Yet, you believe they are right when they tell you that alcohol is good to be drunk.

Leviticus 26:1
'You shall not make for yourselves idols, nor shall you set up for yourselves an image or a sacred pillar, nor shall you place a figured stone in your land to bow down to it; for I am the LORD your God

Was it not the same Leviticus that commanded an ark to be built ? Was it not the same Moses that wrote the Pentateuch that made a serpent and the people that looked to it were healed ?
Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by alBHAGDADI: 11:04am On Sep 08, 2019
sexyking1:

Same God told moses to mold a snake that anyone who look upon it is make whole? Oga you are senseless

That snake was a picture of Jesus Christ who was a curse for us to be free. The snake took away the venom of sin from the children of Israel who were bitten by snakes, same way Jesus takes away our sins. Both represented a curse.

Galataians 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

John 3:14
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

Your Mary statue or idol doesn't serve any purpose other than rebellion against God's word.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by PeaceNexus(m): 11:05am On Sep 08, 2019
Op you stress yourself so much trying to change the meaning of wine. If you have a dictionary quickly go there and check up "Wine". Wine according to the dictionary is an alcoholic drink. Now you seem to be more educated than the Bible translators. There is nothing like non alcoholic juice wine. On the Pentecost day when the holy spirit came upon the disciples, they spoke in different tongues. People watching them said that these people are filled with " wine ". This was because it was only" wine" that could make them behave in a such a manner. Jn 2: 10...you cannot talk of someone being "drunk" on juice or non alcoholic drink. In Matthew 11:18-19 Jesus also spoke of how John the Baptist came to the world, he doesn't drink and eat..and he was said to be possessed by demon but the Son of man came, drinking and eating and they say behold a glutton and a drunkard and a friend of tax collectors and sinners. Stop twisting the bible to accommodate your false teaching. 1Corr 11: 20. States clearly that even in super celebration they drink alcohol (wine) not juice as you claim. Otherwise, why will anyone get drunk with juice? Read 1Timorthy 5:23.."No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments". The bible however, condemns excessive alcoholic drink to the extent of getting drunk....1Timorthy 3:1 If anyone aspires to the office of a bishop, he desires a noble task. Now a bishop must be above reproach, and no drunkard. 1Timothy 3:8..."Deacons likewise should not be addicted to too much wine"...1 Timothy 4: 1-6...Now the spirit expressly says that in later tines some will depart from the faith by giving heed to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, through the pretensions of liars whose consciences are seared, who FORBID MARRIAGE AND ENJOIN ABSTINENCE FROM FOODS WHICH GOD CREATED TO BE RECEIVED WITH THANKSGIVING BY THOSE WHO BELIEVE AND KNOW THE TRUTH FOR EVERYTHING CREATED BY GOD IS GOOD, AND NOTHING IS TO BE REJECTED IF IT IS RECEIVED IN THANKSGIVING; FOR THEN IT IS CONSECRATED BY THE WORD OF GOD AND PRAYER
alBHAGDADI:

Hello,

There's this wrong believe among Christians that the Bible supports drinking alcohol but only in moderation. They say we can drink alcohol but we shouldn't get drunk. Well, I will be using Bible verses to show that Christians are not to look at alcohol not to talk of drinking it. Also, this thread will debunk common lies told to support drinking alcohol e.g Jesus turning water to wine.

The word wine is mentioned 231 times in the Bible. But the mistake we make today is that we think the wine mentioned is just alcholic wine. Half the time wine is mentioned in the Bible, it is about fruit juice.

In the Greek and Hebrew languages in which the Bible was written in, the word translated as wine was used to refer to alcohol and also fruit juice. So when those who translated the Bible into English did so, they had to look for an English word which could mean alcoholic beverage and fruit juice. That word is wine. You might wonder why the translators didn't make things easy for us by just writing fruit juice when the verse is talking of fruit juice and write alcoholic beverage when it's about alcohol. The thing is, doing such would mean they are injecting their own idea into the Bible.

Now, in modern times, we have this believe that wine means an alcoholic drinks. That's why we think the word wine in the Bible is always referring to alcohol. Let's me show you that wine in the Bible doesn't always mean alcoholic beverage but fruit juice.

As seen above, wine is found in the cluster i.e wine still in the cluster of grapes. This is purely fruit juice and not alcoholic.

However, grapes usually have a white powdery film around it called yeast. It is that yeast that is made use of to make alcoholic wine. They crush the grapes and in the process the yeast mixed with the fruit juice that was inside grape cluster. Next fermentation takes place then the result if alcoholic wine. Most times, wine makers add more yeast to attain the desired alcohol level. So you see, wine moved from normal fruit juice before it became alcoholic wine after yeast was added.

Now, there are two types of wine as explained above: The alcoholic and fruit juice. There's a certain type of wine the Bible said we shouldn't even look at, not to talk of touching our lips with it. Read the passage below.

The verse above is talking about alcoholic wine. It even describes fermentation process. It says we shouldn't even look at that type of wine. Yet some folks say we can drink it in moderation.

It describes the feeling one gets after drinking alcohol. It's a horrible feeling.

Have you ever had alcohol such that after taking it, women whom you would never touch with a ten foot poll suddenly start looking attractive to you? The above verse describes it as the effect of alcohol. It also describes how you start saying all sorts of junks which you would not normal say.

Remember when you lie down after taking alcohol and the whole bed seems like you are swimming, and also you feel like you are floating and your eyes being dizzy. That's the feeling described.

After the whole horrible night and you wake up to hangover, what's the cure drunkards usual prescribe? They say to cure hangover, start drinking again. That's what the above passage described.

Yet, some people say we can drink alcohol in moderation and that it only becomes a sin when we get drunk. Sorry buddy, the Bible says don't even look at it.

The Bible doesn't say we should drink alcohol in moderation. It says we should be sober at all times (1 Thessalonians 5:6 Titus 2:3).

Now let's see the common verses people love to twist to try to say we can drink alcohol

The first is found in the passage where Jesus turned water into wine. They fail to realize that it was fruit juice kind of wine, not the alcoholic or fermented one. Let's examine the passage carefully.

According to some people, it was alcoholic wine Jesus turned water into and gave the people at the wedding to drink. However, a closer look shows that not to be the case.

Pay close attention to verse 10 where the Bible says when men have well drunk. Let's see how the New International Version (NIV) renders that verse.

If it was alcoholic wine Jesus turned water into, then it basically means he wanted to destroy the guests at the wedding. After they have had too much to drink, Jesus decided to give them more. That means if there were cars back then, many would have accidentally on their way home. Remember the passage in Proverbs 23 which talks about the horrible effects alcohol. If we say these people were already drunk on alcohol, then Jesus just helped them double those effect in their life by giving them more. This means they would start to behold strange women and say perverse things. Now, tell me, who would want to listen to Jesus preach the next morning after the "alcoholic wine" he gave them to drink made some of the men to sleep with their housemaid to the anger of their wives? Made them to saw perverse things to their boss? Made them to sleep in the gutter? Yet you say Jesus gave people alcohol to drink.

Jesus didn't give anybody alcohol to drink. Doing so would mean he's a liar. Remember what he said in the passage below.

If it was alcoholic wine Jesus turned water into at the wedding in Cana, then he abolished the law and the prophet which spoke against alcoholic wine in Proverbs 23:31. So clearly it wasn't alcoholic wine he turned water into but fruit juice.

Another passage people love to use for an excuse to drink alcohol is seen below.

Mathew 11:18-19
18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.
19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

The above passage talks about a false accusations against Jesus who pointed out how they also falsely accused John the Baptist. Yet, some people will say because Jesus was accused of being a drunkard then it means he use to drink alcohol. Was John the Baptist possessed with a devil? No, but he was accused of such. I now wonder why you believe Jesus drank alcohol due to some false accusations. Remember, the accusation is that he was a drunkard. So if you use this verse to justify drinking alcohol, then don't get angry when some tells you that Jesus use to fall into gutter after getting drunk; he use to behold strange women and say perverse things. Can you see how wrong they are with their interpretation of the passage?

Another verse they use is seen below.

They pick the verse out context and say God is telling us that we can buy alcohol and drink it. If you read the previous verses, you will see that the context is about tithing. Those items listed alongside strong drink are to be brought to the temple for sacrifice to God. Some are eating, but it excludes the strong drink because nowhere in the above passage does it say drink the strong drink, same way it doesn't say drink the oil. Now, see what the strong drink is used for.

The strong drink or wine is poured out onto the Lord for a drink offering. It is not to be drank at all. But people have twisted the verse in Deutoronomy 14:26 to mean God is saying we can drink alcohol even when he said in Proverbs 23 that we shouldn't even look at it.

Guys, drinking alcohol is a sin and every Christian should abstain from it. Don't let anybody fool you into think moderation is the key. A little sip sends your good sense of judgment out the window. That's when another glass or bottle won't seem like a bad idea. And note, wine has tripple alcohol content that four bottles of beer. So don't think drinking a glass of wine is sophisticated. You are emore alcoholic than the beer drinker.

Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by alBHAGDADI: 11:07am On Sep 08, 2019
sexyking1:

Op I acknowledge ur write up and the strength and time it took u to come up with it. We Africans misquote religion in such a away it makes it difficult for a non believe to accept. Everywhere wine was mentioned in the bible referred strongly to alcohol. Fact check, Jews back in the days till date drinks alcohol. And the bible you read today wasn't a history about Nigeria nor was it abt west Africa. Go and check all the African countries mentioned in the bible, from Egypt to Ethiopia and know if their olden days wine ain't alcohol. Just ask your self the kind of wine your forefathers drink, and know if it's not palm wine which is alcoholic. You are here making mention of fruit juice that was discovered in early generation. The gaskia talk is, if you can't control yourself from alcohol abstain from it and don't come up with your lie laden preaching of what the bible never meant! Go back and read your bible very well, this time with the spirit of God.

Stop acting like you existed back then.

If wine was alcohol and the Bible in Proverbs 23:31 said we shouldn't look at it, can you say it is right that Jesus gave people such to drink? Wouldn't it mean he has abolished the law against alcoholic wine in Proverbs 23:31?
Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 08, 2019
BabaAduras:

It is amazing how some people can peddle stupidity brandishing it truth. This write up a good example of such.

Have ever read Deut 14: 22-26? Bible says my people perish because they lack knowledge.
Let your Conscience JUDGE U..
if you wanna DECIEVE yourself.. Continue

RAPTURE will TELL
Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by victorazyvictor(m): 11:07am On Sep 08, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

It didn't have to mention the word alcohol. It did better by describing it and how it affects those who drink it. Just read beyond verse 31

Oga, alcohol is not a sin.
Sometime even your blood need it to function. Google it or ask a doctor.

It calms your nerves and also used as deturcifyer

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by alBHAGDADI: 11:08am On Sep 08, 2019
Frankiss44:

cheesy grin cheesy This must rank as one of the most foolish stuff have read in recent years..

Well men are gods and God created us in his own image, what is good for him is good for us.. For ye are gods

Then go and steal tithes and offerings in a church. If God doesn't get you, the Nigerian police will ensure you rituals in jail.
Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by godofuck231: 11:09am On Sep 08, 2019
What a looser , if alcohol causes problems for you then don't drink , if easily addicted to it then avoid it , even Christ turned water to wine and it was stronger and tasted better than the one bring served in the feast, do not drink to excess that's the principle as it's written on every alcoholic container "drink responsibly"

1 Like

Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by sexyking1: 11:10am On Sep 08, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

That snake was a picture of Jesus Christ who was a curse for us to be free. The snake took away the venom of sin from the children of Israel who were bitten by snakes, same way Jesus takes away our sins. Both represented a curse.

Galataians 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

John 3:14
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

Your Mary statue or idol doesn't serve any purpose other than rebellion against God's word.
So snake is now the image of Christ and justifiable while the statue of mother of God is a curse? May your mother be a curse unto your generation

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by alBHAGDADI: 11:10am On Sep 08, 2019
atoleybaba:
Mr man stop misquoting Bible. That proverb was talking about the danger of wine/alcohol. That is were moderation comes in. If you get carried away with the sparkle color of alcohol, you will get drunk. It is just a normal warning everyone knows bawt alcohol and it power to intoxicate. That doesn't mean d Bible prohibit it has people in the time if old drank it and even offer it to guest....

Yes, Proverbs 23:31 is talking about the dangers of alcohol. But it doesn't say we should drink it in moderation. It says do not look at it, talkless of touching it with your lips.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You by alBHAGDADI: 11:11am On Sep 08, 2019
tete7000:

Babalbo and I have asked him if he hasn't read Jesus said they shall drink poison and not be hurt. Drinking Sniper can't be a sin if the intention is not suicide, even if a person dies in the process. Intention is important to God in every action.

they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
Mark 16:18 NIV
https://bible.com/bible/111/mrk.16.18.Niv
He is yet to reply this.

Go and drink Sniper tonight.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Prophet Oladele Genesis Gives Widow Church Offering, Salary / Prophet TB Joshua Curses Zimbabweans For Spreading Lies Against Him / Pandemonium, As Fire Razes Oritsejafor’s Warri Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.