Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu (16885 Views)

NAIRA PROTEST: Governor Abiodun Visits Victim, Calls For Calm Among Residents / South African Deputy Minister Of Police Defends Xenophobic Attacks (Video) / Can You Prove 10M Jobs Lost Under Buhari? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by salbis(m): 8:05am On Sep 08, 2019
Politicians with lies are inseparable.
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by IkemChris(m): 8:05am On Sep 08, 2019
How? Did Shoprite, MTN, Standard Bank and the other franchise sack their employees?
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by itu404(m): 8:09am On Sep 08, 2019
blizard44:
Mtcheeew.

You can condemn the reactions but not the action.

Government should be proactive.
If anything was done to douse the tension that snowballed into this self-help we wouldn't be here right now.

Blame yourself and your senior dimwits for failure to look South Africa in the face.
If all reactions were condone the whole world would have been one hell of a place, sir.
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by xpool(m): 8:14am On Sep 08, 2019
Why are our Politicians unpatriotic?
Why are they clothed with lies and deception?
Why do they value personal appointment more than lives of the masses?
Why do not care about international respect?

So the governor in his bedroom statistics deemed it fit to showcase this shame he called stistics to south Africans.

All the protests that NANS, NADECO, NLC, and Nigerian masses carried out against military dictatorship where properties and lives were lost did not record 500 job lost.
That was how the Federal Government told us that they boycotted the WEF in south Africa, but sent El rufai, Fayemi and co to represent the government and people of Nigeria at the WEF.
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 08, 2019
itu404:

If all reactions were condone the whole world would have been one hell of a place, sir.
Like the world would have been one heaven of a place if the actions that triggered them were given appropriate attention and nipped to the bud?

Shift abeg .
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by Adeniyii2017: 8:14am On Sep 08, 2019
5000 Jobs?? How??
Invest in your future while you can.
Get all the Materials you need for Data Science, Web Development and Software Development 68.5GB.
See thread by clicking on my moniker to get a brief overview.
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by AbuAeesha: 8:16am On Sep 08, 2019
5000 what how do you expect a reasonable person to believe this.
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by Nathdoug201: 8:18am On Sep 08, 2019
helinues:
How?
oga next time try and read the message
And show some upbringing
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by Iwanttoto1: 8:19am On Sep 08, 2019
Ambode was right about sanwo olu's mental problem after all. Furcking afonja piggy undecided
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by helinues: 8:19am On Sep 08, 2019
Nathdoug201:
oga next time try and read the message
And show some upbringing

Summary pls?
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by Artzdanielsz(m): 8:27am On Sep 08, 2019
Liessss
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by Neddstark: 8:33am On Sep 08, 2019
Glycosunde:
must our fantastically corrupt politicians use every avenue available to lie. If 5000 jobs can be lost only in a few part of Lagos, what about South Africa where d main show happened, meaning about a million jobs will be lost then. Nonsense ingredients

I pray that on the next looting, the business that feeds your family will be affected. Your hate for South Africans is more than your love for your fellow Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by don4real18(m): 8:36am On Sep 08, 2019
I never supported and still do not support the attacks on these stores but saying 5k lost their job is ridiculous. They aren't even up to 500 combined.
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by Neddstark: 8:37am On Sep 08, 2019
Comments here show that 80% of Nigerians supported the lootings of their fellow Nigerian businesses in ShopRite. Its official some black people reason a little higher than animals.

3 Likes

Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by KakiP(m): 8:42am On Sep 08, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Talk is cheap!!! You are only saying that because you have not lost a loved one cum breadwinner(s)

Though I didn't lose anyone but do you know that some of these people killed are the breadwinners in their families

Some, their parents could also be aged Where do they start from

This is the documentary, I expected our media house to flash their beam light on!!! How are the families coping with the news of the death

So until you know that, don't come here saying what you don't know!!! Na so life easy We are talking of a life, you are talking if properties Which is more important

I don't support vandalism but destroying South Africans properties is reasonable on the side of Nigerians comparing to loss of lives!!!

And if you think I am not reasonable enough when next you see the Mob going to attack the south Africans store, stop them and repeat what you have just told me.

Goodluck!!!

Smh! This person say “destroying South Africans properties is reasonable”
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by Neddstark: 8:43am On Sep 08, 2019
don4real18:
I never supported and still do not support the attacks on these stores but saying 5k lost their job is ridiculous. They aren't even up to 500 combined.

Calculate the number of shops at the novare, jakande and surulere mall. Over 80. If Each of these shops have a min of 5 employees. Add the shoprite employees, add the mtn employees. Add the PEP employees. Add the security staff. Add the cleaners. I will say nothing less than 2000 people are affected.
Not to talk of businesses looted. Imagine an apple store there, where over 60 of their items are looted. Thats nothing less than 20 million naira investment thrown away. An angry man opens his mouth but closes his eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by MoIbrahim: 8:53am On Sep 08, 2019
You cant make omelette without breaking an egg
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by rastun: 8:54am On Sep 08, 2019
Who lost ellp abeg? Go sleep mr man.
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 08, 2019
LIES
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by Glycosunde: 8:56am On Sep 08, 2019
Neddstark:

I pray that on the next looting, the business that feeds your family will be affected. Your hate for South Africans is more than your love for your fellow Nigerians

u never got what I was trying to say. I was even reprimanding d state government not to blow d issue out of proportion by saying in only 2 shopping malls that 5000 jobs were lost. I don't like South Africans if they can do that to other Nigerians either. Kindly reread n understand b4 quoting someone.
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by seborrhic: 8:57am On Sep 08, 2019
efighter:
Sanwo-Eko is mad, lost jobs is better than lost lives. Can the lost jobs replace the Nigerian lives lost in SA over the years? SA economy also lost thousands of jobs too through closure of foreign businesses. Other African nations too that did repress attacks on SA businesses in their countries like Zambia, Tanzania also lost jobs in their respective countries.

Ambode said it, Sanwo-Eko has mental problems. Ambode was right after all.
I swear the guy has a mental challenge.
Imagine comparing job losses to killings.What if one of those people murdered by South Africans would have later been a Dangote,Elumelu or Otedola capable of employing several thousands few years down the line?

By the way there is no way Ambode would have made those allegations out of thin air.The way stuff like that get leaked is that someone in the same ward with Sanwo then or even the medical personel that attended to him then would have told the Ambode camp of his psychiatric history.The only thing is that it didn't have the kind of politically damaging effect it was meant to have.
I never doubted for one day that Sanwo had a documented history of receiving treatment for a psychiatric disorder.
His actions and utterances since he assumed office has not shown any critical mind the reason any reason to doubt that psychiatric history.
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by AgentNairaland(f): 8:58am On Sep 08, 2019
Sanwo-Toll Gate, How Many Lives Were Lost In SA?
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by iReddington: 8:58am On Sep 08, 2019
livebyday:
Why is the Nigerian government making it look like we lost more in standing up against the killings of Nigerians in South Africa ?

Are they trying to scare the people into not protesting again I'm future ?

Why is Nigerian government more concerned with making the reaction look bad instead of trying to ensure that there will be Justice for those killed in SA?

What a country
So the way to stand up is by looting the shops of the same fellow Nigerians, you have a serious problem, the way an average Nigerian like you think is always upside down. So even in future protest, you will all go about ransacking the livelihoods of people trying to make ends meet? What a dimwitted and ill thought comment. No sense at all. Msheww!

7 Likes

Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by livebyday(m): 9:01am On Sep 08, 2019
iReddington:

So the way to stand up, is by looting the shops of the same fellow Nigerians, you have a serious problem, the way an average Nigerian like you think is always upside down. So even in future protest, you will all go about ransacking the livelihoods of people trying to make ends meet? What a dimwitted and ill thought comment. No sense at all. Msheww!

If your responses are going to be crude never ever engage me.on this platform in future

If you lack the ability to differentiate between my statement and support for looting then maybe you have an issue with comprehension or critical reasoning

If you insult me or any member again on this platform I will ensure your account is blocked

Cheers
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by iReddington: 9:09am On Sep 08, 2019
livebyday:

If your responses are going to be crude never ever engage me.on this platform in future

If you lack the ability to differentiate between my statement and support for looting then maybe you have an issue with comprehension or critical reasoning

If you insult me or any member again on this platform I will ensure your account is blocked

Cheers
Pls shut up jare, go ahead and cry to the mods, who the hell do you think you are, that was a tacit support to the violent actions of the mob, stop contradicting yourself, you sly hypocrite! If you can't make reasonable comment, Stay off this "Platform" too. Rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by Neddstark: 9:10am On Sep 08, 2019
Glycosunde:

u never got what I was trying to say. I was even reprimanding d state government not to blow d issue out of proportion by saying in only 2 shopping malls that 5000 jobs were lost. I don't like South Africans if they can do that to other Nigerians either. Kindly reread n understand b4 quoting someone.

Alright. My apologies
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by Od1n: 9:18am On Sep 08, 2019
If y'all Nigerian clowns had done ur jobs, the people wouldn't have taken laws into their own hands.
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by Codes151(m): 9:40am On Sep 08, 2019
See exaggeration!

This man go worse pass fashola o
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by sleekdre: 9:43am On Sep 08, 2019
Sanwo-olu should keep quiet and face the small potholes he claimed to have patched in Lagos...Abijo and Awoyaya potholes are sights to behold!!
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 08, 2019
shopritephobia
Re: Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 08, 2019
etcsines:
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has revealed that the anti-xenophobic protest which went wrong, led to loss of over 5,000 jobs in the state.

Sanwo-Olu condemned looting of goods in the shopping malls and also disclosed the number of jobs lost during an inspection of some facilities damaged during the protest which was hijacked by hoodlums. He said victims of the attack were indigenous stores and not even South African-owned businesses.

Source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/09/over-5000-jobs-lost-in-lagos-after-anti.html

Idiotic statement

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Asks APC Senators To Support His "lifetime ambition to be President" / Fashola On Live On AIT Now / Obama To Host Buhari July 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.