Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? (17674 Views)

As Christians, What Does It Truly Mean By No Sex Before Marriage? / Busola Dakolo: Nigerians To Protest At COZA Church On Sunday Over Rape Allegatio / Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by Moikiitos: 9:25am On Sep 08, 2019
Kay25:
I will like to know reasons why some Christians won't want to go to church on Sunday.

Sunday is not customized day for church only...Other days are open as well. One should decide when or when he/she wants to worship. No bi by force to enter church on Sunday.

The advance country wer dey do better pass us, naija...no dey go church. Infact Sunday work for here, na double pay...

One should service and worship him/her God how dey want, biko...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by eagleeye2: 9:26am On Sep 08, 2019
Everyone is allowed to comment on Christian threads, but the Islam threads require that I swear an allegiance to Allah and Mohammed. .... even here that is a faceless forum, hypocrisy abounds.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by seproperties(m): 9:28am On Sep 08, 2019
John 4 verse 24 : Almighty God is a Spirit ,His Worshippers must worship him in Spirit and in Truth . Spirit of God is not a Church Building ,It's not the Men that Personally claimed that they are Men of God without any Visible Spiritual Attestation of Almighty God . Spirit of God is Everywhere,No one has a Monopoly of it ,It's in your home,your office ,In the Market ,On the Road ,In the Forest ,Just everywhere ,That Holy Spirit is in you .We go to Church to do what ? To worship God right ? It's not Mandatory we must always do that in yje Church ,Yes I remember this Hebrews 10:25

“Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”
King James Version (KJV) .This Bible Passage does not make it Mandatory that we must always go to Church on Sundays ,It's talking about discussing ,Encouraging,Admonishing ourselves about God's word , This aspect is mostly Achieved at the Sunday School and Bible Study service where you Rob minds together ,ask questions and answers about the Bible .The two basic Aspect of Worshiping God is " Truth and Spirit" When you go to Church today ,What do you see " Entertainments ,Praising of Pastors ,Properity preachings ,Celebrations of Pastors Acheivements and Material Aquisitions , Eveloos Sharing for Contributions of one Building Projects or the other , Frequent and continual preaching ,Announcements about Offering and Tithes, The Gospel of Salvation is always chipped in at the end of the service within 5 minutes of Altar Call and that is all .People takes the Preaching time to dose off and sleep ,Many do not really attend Churches to Worship God in Spirit and in Truth ,Even the pastor in charge has nothing to do with Holy Spirit or truth ,He gives the Congregation what they need ,Prosperity Preaching ,Jump up and down ,Speaks Grammar ,Shouts ,By Next week each and every one of you shall ride Lamborghini "The Church Shouts a louder Amen ,In a situation there are no Miracles ,The so called Pastor tends to take to Occultism so as to Bring a short time smiles on His Congregations .Church today is withnessed with Fornications and Adultery ,In the Choir it's a Normal thing now ,Church today , Pastors does not care if You decides to expose your breast/ chest / buttocks ,You here them saying it's what comes out of your heart that makes you sin ,not your Appearance or what you wear ,In as much as you donate to the church ,In as much as you pay your tithes regularly ,it's not the pastor's concern how to relate with the word of God .The Almighty God we say we are Worshiping said ,Listen I am a Spirit ,If you people want to worship me ,Do that in Spirit and in Truth not in Deceit not with your Adamic Nature , Psalm 24 says who can ascend to the secret place of the most high ,he that has a clean heart ,Yes we are all Sinners ,Must we continue in sin and ask the Grace of God to Abound .Our body has Tripartite Nature ,Body spirit and soul .To worship God first stage is to attain that Spiritual height , how can you be going to a Church ,House made by man saying you are Worshiping God without you personally knowing God .We deceived ourself on and on ,In truth ,Today the church is full of lies ,Human doctrines , Academic interpretations of the Bible ,No truth ,You can imagine an Engineer who got frustrated because of no work ,Took to Church business on his own without any Spiritual Visitation to take the work up ,Went to Theological school all of a sudden he becomes a Pastor ,No Holy Spirit No Truth .He is into it for Business .The Holy Spirit is in You ,follow and do God's word ,Build it more and more,Love your neighbor as you love yourself ,Keep away from Evil . Worshiping Almighty God is not Attending of Physical building on Sundays to praise and worship any Man .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by NovusHomo(m): 9:32am On Sep 08, 2019
Kay25:
I will like to know reasons why some Christians won't want to go to church on Sunday.

Simple, BENNY HINN has opened my eyes.

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by showafrica(m): 9:38am On Sep 08, 2019
chronique:
Woke up today thinking of all my very huge financial obligations and it's made me sad and depressed. So I'm not going to church. I'm just stuck in bed thinking of where and how to raise a few millions to sort out very pressing issues. Truly, uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. Growing up is a scam o. Expenses left, right and centre. They didn't tell me when I was a child that when I grow up, this is how I'd be running from pillar to post to meet up with my responsibilities. If they had told me, I wouldn't have grown up. I'd have just remained a todler.

Epic of the day... Tomorrow school resumes, expenses dey like Mount everest no bailout from anywhere. I will be heading to the bar soonest. Man no go kill himself. Lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by toseenore(m): 9:38am On Sep 08, 2019
I may decide not to go to Church on Sunday becos Church is not the Gateway to Heaven. However, any other Day can be picked to Church. Your Heart & Mind is your Church, not that Edifice.
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by wonlasewonimi: 9:40am On Sep 08, 2019
Pulpit bandit everywhere demanding ransom psychologically

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by silibaba: 9:40am On Sep 08, 2019
PotatoSalad:
Well, as a Catholic, the priests don't know how to preach something worth my time. It's synonymous with almost all Catholic churches I've been to.
Say the reading is about how Jesus fed 5000 men with 5 loaves of bread and two fish, I know it's difficult to explain but it's unnecessary to stand in that pulpit for more than 2 hours beating about the bush on the message. I want to hear something that'll have a positive impact on my life.
Preach about our daily lives. Catholics just go to church cos they feel they will go to hell if they don't and that the solution to their problems lies in going to church. That's all.
That's why you'll leave your seat to go receive communion and someone will steal the phone you plugged in the wall socket cos priests only recite the bible and rarely teach good morals and etiquettes in church.
Although some protestant churches are good at addressing these issues but their mode of operation is completely brainwashing their members...but that's a story for another time.

I can bet you are not a Catholic.
If you want listen to preaching, then you have to join the charismatic renewal.
The Sundays is for Eucharistic celebration.
Catholic go to Church on Sunday just for the sole reason to receive the body and blood.
The little preaching on Sunday is jus to spice up the celebration.
If you want to hear preaching then join the charismatic.
Catholic can not be Pentecostal, catholic gave birth to them.
Little by little Pentecostal s are succumbing to the Catholic doctrines like Trinity, some have accepted Mary as their mother and currently, most have started giving Communions in the name of communion service.
Communion and Holy communion are two different things. Only a priest can give Holy communion.
Make I go bathe go prepare for 10am mass.

3 Likes

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by johnkey: 9:43am On Sep 08, 2019
I look so rough haven't shaved in a week so no church today

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 08, 2019
Kay25:

Because humans are not worship beings...
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by Friedthunder(m): 9:45am On Sep 08, 2019
Because I am smoking weed and doing hard drugs right now
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by eventsmallchops: 9:49am On Sep 08, 2019
because I want to go to church with confidence, not hiding and feeling low esteem because of what I'm wearing.
I should be wearing good clothes and shoes, people will say it doesnt matter but I think it is because a church is also a social gathering.
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by Sonnobax15(m): 9:53am On Sep 08, 2019
Preshob:

People are suffering sir, it's not easy!! Same thing applies to me here as i type this, no hope for feeding today and went to bed hungry last night. I thank God for this freebasics stuff if not it'd have been a very depressing day. At least i can come online and read through some of the humorous comments in nairaland and feel somehow good. Life as a fresh graduate is truly difficult!! But we'll get past this stage by His Grace.

Just like the initial commenter posited, of what use is going to church hungry when you know that you won't be happy and flow with the church proceedings??
It ain't easy bro..
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by 1234IKECHhukwu: 9:53am On Sep 08, 2019
Tukor32:
my wife travelled and left the kids to me.. where will I start to get them ready
Oga this is not a reason at all,start by bathing one before u know it u must have been through with all.

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by silibaba: 9:54am On Sep 08, 2019
johnkey:
I look so rough haven't shaved in a week so no church today
Ogbeni use lighter burn all the Beard and go to Church.

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by Sonnobax15(m): 9:57am On Sep 08, 2019
I gave GOD an option-"BLESS ME AND I'LL SERVE YOU TILL MY VERY LAST DAY ON EARTH"...so it's left 4 him to decide....Because i don't see any reason why i should go to church when it's obvious that i'm broke..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by umarfantami(m): 9:58am On Sep 08, 2019
Kay25:
BECAUSE NO SINGLE SENTENCE SAID SO IN THE BIBLE.
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by thugluvfem(m): 10:01am On Sep 08, 2019
Jones4190:
let me speak for myself
as for me oo I'm a Christian, in fact a devoted Christian but I don't believed in church ideology, religious leader make Christian so hard for people, there preaching contradict the one of Jesus teaching.
Can I talk about BUSOLA and Abiodum or pastor Christ and wife of Christ embassy marriage controversial? or pastor Suleiman and that lady or pastor oyedepo calling his church member to kill every Fulani man around his church, or can I talk about tithe .
after long meditation about all this, I now agreed with Jesus in john 4: 21-22 that the time will come that you will no longer worship me on the mountain or in Jerusalem (church) but in your heart

I like this guy
The best answer ever

2 Likes

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by johnad3(m): 10:05am On Sep 08, 2019
1. Majority of churches seeing around don't know anything about God, They are just talking about what they think or what they belief he his. What God really is, is not what they are talking about him

if you don't have money, please don't collect offering envelop so that God wouldn't curse you thats what one pastor said on the alter when i went to church, and i feel depressed about not having money to pay.

Nah the reason bi that oooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by thugluvfem(m): 10:07am On Sep 08, 2019
[center][/center]
Preshob:

People are suffering sir, it's not easy!! Same thing applies to me here as i type this, no hope for feeding today and went to bed hungry last night. I thank God for this freebasics stuff if not it'd have been a very depressing day. At least i can come online and read through some of the humorous comments in nairaland and feel somehow good. Life as a fresh graduate is truly difficult!! But we'll get past this stage by His Grace.

Just like the initial commenter posited, of what use is going to church hungry when you know that you won't be happy and flow with the church proceedings??

grin hahaha "flow with church proceedings.
In other words Tithe , offering, seed, Thanksgiving, bla bla bla
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 08, 2019
Last time I went to church was 4 years ago, Reason, churches are scams!

2 Likes

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by PotatoSalad(m): 10:09am On Sep 08, 2019
jesmond3945:
you are very funny. You have no reason.
You see thats what I'm talking about. People like you
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by doggedfighter(f): 10:10am On Sep 08, 2019
To charge my phone.

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by efighter: 10:13am On Sep 08, 2019
afroxyz:
I dont need to go to church to know God. He/She is everywhere

Are you mentally balanced? What do you mean that "He/She is everywhere"? HE is everywhere. Don't repeat this mistake again. HE is God. HE is a He. Now, get up, dress up and get your black ass to Church before I close and open my eyes.

4 Likes

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by doggedfighter(f): 10:13am On Sep 08, 2019
helinues:
7 straight years of not stepping inside a church

In the last 15 years , may be less than 5 times sha.. Sorry what are they doing there?

When a rich man that can employed all the congregations wont do, he can't even help the the obvious people in need but prefers to donate all to the pastor and church...

Only in Nigeria they will start a meeting with prayers, lie through out the meeting and still end it with prayers.

Btw, Nigeria politicians do attend church and mosque too
Can't be better said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by doggedfighter(f): 10:17am On Sep 08, 2019
Chimourinho:
No be everybody wan go heaven na

I hear say no beer, no mj, no olosho for heaven? Nah, can't deal with
Make i kuku go were i no go need spark to light my spliff
Hell will be sweet grin grin grin grin
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by Deepthoughts: 10:23am On Sep 08, 2019
Kay25:
personally n for many,the major reason is that the church has been reduced n converted to business ventures of the the owners/leaders,such that more emphasis is geared towards money making n so call prosperity rather than morality n righteousness.
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by chibjohn(m): 10:24am On Sep 08, 2019
Because Sunday isn't the right day we were commanded to worship God. God blessed that Sabbath(Saturday) and asked us to keep it holy. I go to church on Saturday and do my laundry, visiting etc on Sundays following God's commandment than the precepts of man.
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by Kay25(m): 10:27am On Sep 08, 2019
[quote author=umarfantami post=82028893]BECAUSE NO SINGLE SENTENCE SAID SO IN THE BIBLE. Hebrew 10 vs 25 check it out.honouring the Lord' day ?
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by johnad3(m): 10:28am On Sep 08, 2019
na so you wicked reach
silibaba:

Ogbeni use lighter burn all the Beard and go to Church.
Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by efighter: 10:28am On Sep 08, 2019
showafrica:

Epic of the day... Tomorrow school resumes, expenses dey like Mount everest no bailout from anywhere. I will be heading to the bar soonest. Man no go kill himself. Lol

I pay children's school fees in instalment. Every month, I pay 50K into the school's account. For the coming term, I have plus 200K balance in the school account. When the school removes this term's fee, what I will be owing should be minimal. By the time I pay September instalment, I should be having a Credit difference. Then, I will pay October, November and December instalment, by the time another term starts in January, the outstanding should be minimal.

As for new uniform, shoes, bags, e.t.c., start buying immediately school goes on holiday, by the time of resumption, you would have bought the major things.

Is that how person go dey live? I no know ooo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? by Kay25(m): 10:29am On Sep 08, 2019
[quote author=doggedfighter post=82029394]
Hell will be sweet grin grin grin grin Lol but he'll won't be ..cos it is place of eternal condemnation no enjoyment bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Share Your Prayer Request, Nairaland Pastors Will Pray For You / No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki / Your Favourite Bible Verse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.