Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general (34327 Views)

Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days / Map Of Africa Showing Fulani Domination. / 'Tinubu The Afonja': Reno Omokri Blasts Tinubu For Insulting Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by executive12: 3:45pm On Sep 08, 2019
helinues:
Fake.. Fulani dominating Ilorin by what?

Population, appointments or leading the state?

Talk about being in denial.

1 Like

Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by Iamgrey5(m): 3:47pm On Sep 08, 2019
siant:
They are very satisfied with Emire than Oba. They would want to dress as fulani do, which they think it is in tandem with islam whearas it has nothing to do with islam. They once said that obaship will bring ocultic practices to ilorin so they prefer emir with turban.

They should free themselves from religoius nonsense.
Although they don't claim they are not Yourubas and they speak Yoruba variant of Oke-Ogun Yoruba language.

it's hard to get them to accept cutting ties with Emir and it's frustrating.

It's even more frustrating when one realises that majority of the government officials are Yorubas.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 08, 2019
Tflex01:
What many people don't understand (except the Igbos that are just mischievous) is that, religion is playing a bigger role in Ilorin matter.

If the Yoruba Muslims in Ilorin are ready to change that title, they will.

Lolzzzzz

No dey take these serious oga..
Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by iAmViper(m): 3:48pm On Sep 08, 2019
Expect a tribal revolution in ilorin
Abdulrahman led administration is working against emirate, even he is about to crown some in ilorin city,
he embarassed sultan of sokoto during 2019 DURBAR when emir of ilorin implored sultan to abdulrahman to fund the festival, but he told sultan that he is not hausa nor fulani he said he is a true AFONJA And city belongs to its dwellers

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by betterpikinn: 3:48pm On Sep 08, 2019
MelesZenawi:

That is to say you more knowledgeable than the afonja union president.
Yes

Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by Emilokoiyawon: 3:49pm On Sep 08, 2019
iAmViper:
Abdulrahman led administration is working against emirate, even he is about to crown some in ilorin city,
he embarassed sultan of sokoto during 2019 DURBAR when emir of ilorin implored sultan to abdulrahman to fund the festival, but he told sultan that he is not hausa nor fulani he said he is a true AFONJA And city belongs to its dwellers

Provide the source.
Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by Iamgrey5(m): 3:50pm On Sep 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

I know the whole story my brother. That is why I always say the folly of Afonja will never be repeated on planet Earth. You southwesterners should learn to keep religion in it deserved place like the rest of the south.
Yorubas in illorin can't seem to agree in any thing. Don't allow any zone to conquer you with religion. I don't know if it is the curse because to me it seems easy for the majority Yoruba in illorin to establish a king chasing out the fulanis. A village here in Delta have two Kings
They would never do that .

They might even fight anyone that tries to talk about it in the public.

Most of them believe they are practicing Islamic culture.

So Ilorin indigenes have to help themselves before other Yorubas get involved.
Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 08, 2019
Emilokoiyawon:

Saraki's father is a Yoruba man from Ogun state. If a Yoruba man from Ogun state is Fulani, then Orji Uzor Kalu from Abia state must also be Fulani.

Saraki lineage are from Mali..

Read interview of sarakis father himself..

Say what you know..

4 Likes

Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by FemiMaduka(m): 3:53pm On Sep 08, 2019
DabELLs:

You are so ignorant... is it Tunde that is Fulani name or Idiagbon? And who told you Saraki is a Fulani man. Has Saraki ever spoke Fulani to you before?

You have a long way to go. I won't say more than this.

P.S.: I hope you remember what I said when your ignorance on this topic finally gets cured.

1 Like

Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by Tflex01: 3:53pm On Sep 08, 2019
FemiMaduka:

You are very misguided. You miss the point. The Emir can bear all the Yoruba names in the world and speak the most pristine form of Yoruba language, it does not change the fact that he [and his ancestors] is Fulani--they do not even deny it.

Ilorin, as it stands today, is a province of the Sokoto caliphate; a territory conquered and effectively administered [in the traditional sense] by the Fulanis.

Both Saraki and Tunde Idiagbon are also of Fulanis heritage. Ilorin is, indeed, a Yoruba town ruled by a blood-line of Fulani aristocracy. This has never even been in doubt. It is ridiculous to have people talk what you talk.

P.S.: leave the Igbos out of this, please.

Did I just read leave Igbos out of this when nobody invited you in the first place

grin

4 Likes

Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by Olugbaye(m): 3:54pm On Sep 08, 2019
The Emir have prove himself not fit for long. Some

years back Fulani herders were disturbing the people of Oyun LG stopping them from farming and distorting their farm products, when the issue was reported to the King, he said Fulani are his Family. Enough of this, we can't be a slave in our own Land.
#Otogee Zulu Gambari

5 Likes

Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by Iamgrey5(m): 3:54pm On Sep 08, 2019
iAmViper:
What was the reaction of the public in Ilorin?
Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 08, 2019
Iamgrey5:
They would never do that .

They might even fight anyone that tries to talk about it in the public.

Most of them believe they are practicing Islamic culture.

So Ilorin indigenes have to help themselves before other Yorubas get involved.
In Delta State once religion is becoming a burden, you suspend religion. I have seen people resign from church to pursue their desire. Religion should not be at the expenses of your God given right. I believe Yorubas are too meek
Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by geosegun(m): 3:57pm On Sep 08, 2019
FemiMaduka:

You are very misguided. You miss the point. The Emir can bear all the Yoruba names in the world and speak the most pristine form of Yoruba language, it does not change the fact that he [and his ancestors] is Fulani--they do not even deny it.

Ilorin, as it stands today, is a province of the Sokoto caliphate; a territory conquered and effectively administered [in the traditional sense] by the Fulanis.

Both Saraki and Tunde Idiagbon are also of Fulanis heritage. Ilorin is, indeed, a Yoruba town ruled by a blood-line of Fulani aristocracy. This has never even been in doubt. It is ridiculous to have people talk what you talk.

P.S.: leave the Igbos out of this, please.

Tunde Idiagbon is of Yoruba Father and Fulani Mother. The same is applicable to the present emir, eve n Bukola Saraki, etc. They have all inter'married and mixed. Even the Olola Kashimu (the person that granted the interview, has Yoruba Father and some bloodline from the Fulani-mother side.

In all, I like the way you put the guy in his place. Most of them yarn Jargons on NL.
Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by Iamgrey5(m): 3:59pm On Sep 08, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Saraki lineage are from Mali..

Read interview of sarakis father himself..

Say what you know..
This is the lie Saraki himself was spreading when he thought Fulanis in the North will support him to become the president

Yes, the first set of Muslims in Yorubaland were from Mali

That is why Yorubas called Islam "Esimale" meaning Malian's religion.

However, the origin of Saraki has been exposed to be from Abeokuta.

3 Likes

Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by delishpot: 3:59pm On Sep 08, 2019
Lol, Emir of Yoruba grin grin what a joke. The moment he became emir over you lot was the moment you lost any rights. Can you have Oba/Alaafin of Kano? grin grin
Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by Tflex01: 4:00pm On Sep 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

I know the whole story my brother. That is why I always say the folly of Afonja will never be repeated on planet Earth. [s]You southwesterners should learn to keep religion in it deserved place like the rest of the south.[/s]
Yorubas in illorin can't seem to agree in any thing. Don't allow any zone to conquer you with religion. I don't know if it is the curse because to me it seems easy for the majority Yoruba in illorin to establish a king chasing out the fulanis. A village here in Delta have two Kings

You tried to sound intelligent but that line gave you out as a life illiterate.
Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by Ritchiee: 4:01pm On Sep 08, 2019
There is no cowardice in Yorubas dictionary.Yorubas killed the Emir that came after the third or so Emir and another one fled to Sokoto when he was about to be killed.The colonialists will always....then....prefer a Northener to be at the helms of affair than a Southerner who had proven to be just as intelligent as the colonialists just as the Northerners were rigged into power at the outset of Nigeria.

Coming to cowardice,Yorubas have never in their history had anything to do with cowardice because they built empire and lilly livered people like Igbos cannot,will never be able to build empire because through out their history they have have been known to be cowards.

A small tribe like Ijaw took them as slaves even another small tribe like the Igala always reset their brains in Anambra.

Read this from an astonished Akwa Ibomite who was a Biafran soldier......and...the others too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 08, 2019
Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by orisa37: 4:02pm On Sep 08, 2019
orisa37:

That Kwara and Ilorin should not subject their unborn Children to Slavery and Subservience to the few Fulani Arabs Conquest forever.

Open your Yoruba Culture and Tradition with Authority, Power, Might and Civilization to your Children now.

Happy Sunday!!!

The Palestinians are still fighting the Israeli over Palestine. Why can't The Yorubas force a Plebiscite to re-establish proper rotational Ruling Houses for Ilorin.

1 Like

Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 08, 2019
Tflex01:

You tried to sound intelligent but that line gave you out as a life illiterate.
Idiot. Leave my mention
Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by xpool(m): 4:02pm On Sep 08, 2019
Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by babajero(m): 4:05pm On Sep 08, 2019
aolawale025:
Good the Yoruba didn't give up. It's gradual. Soon they will have their land back
And who gave it to them in the first place, out of greed you invited an outsider to help you kill your own brother and it is still happening in this present time all over yoruba land. In my place outsiders don't dabble into family matters not talking of inviting them to come.
Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by Tflex01: 4:09pm On Sep 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
Idiot. Leave my mention
Lol... I resemble your papa
grin

1 Like

Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by Tflex01: 4:13pm On Sep 08, 2019
babajero:
And who gave it to them in the first place, out of greed you invited an outsider to help you kill your own brother and it is still happening in this present time all over yoruba land. In my place outsiders don't dabble into family matters not talking of inviting them to come.

Lol... See another one. grin

Do you know what they called "war"

There was war between Oyo and Ilorin and Alimi was a friend a neighbouring town to Afonja in the present day Niger state. Even Afonja had helped Alimi earlier.

You guys are just putting mouth in what you have no knowledge of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 08, 2019
Olushola Saraki is from Agoro compound in Agbaji. How is he a Fulani?

1 Like

Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by aremu1965: 4:19pm On Sep 08, 2019
Caseless:
No, it's xenofulani.

This man surely knows there's a conspiracy against the Fulani right now, so he finds a better time to speak. He should have come out to say this when senior saraki and junior Saraki were in charge. I think the current governor is also a Fulani man in a way.

I am a Prince from Jebba. Baba kazum jut say it the way it is. Senior Saraki and Bukola Saraki were been used by the Emir to perpetrate this injustice. We have been fighting for this freedom for so long and we believe we shall see light at the end of the tunnel. There is a court judgement yet to be obeyed by the Kwara State Government that my father ( Oba Of Jebba) salaries should be paid because he became Oba of Jebba as the traditions of the town demands. From 2003 till date he is yet to receive a dime. Like two of you put it , it is both XenoKwara and Xenofulani but nothing in life is obtained without a struggle.
I dont know how in this mordern age an Emir would believe in his own wildest imagination that he can continue to suppress a town that existed before his. The havoc that was committed by the Emir using the two Sarakis on our traditional institution has been very worrisome but we beleive and pray tht the present Governor will correct all these anomalies.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by eagleu: 4:20pm On Sep 08, 2019
aremuforlife:
That is part of OBJ failure as a Yoruba man who has ruled this country twice, we shouldn't expect a fulani man to support suppressing a fulani communities.
Let's hope that another Yoruba president will do justice to that.

Don't count on a Yoruba leader to liberate Ilorin from the Fulanis. An Igbo president with good understanding is your best bet!
Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 08, 2019
Iamgrey5:
This is the lie Saraki himself was spreading when he thought Fulanis in the North will support him to become the president

Yes, the first set of Muslims in Yorubaland were from Mali

That is why Yorubas called Islam "Esimale" meaning Malian's religion.

However, the origin of Saraki has been exposed to be from Abeokuta.

quite doubtful..

Does it mean he doesn't know his root..

Reason to get presidency....lolzz...no be today fulani has been playing and dealing with many in Nigeria
Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 08, 2019
Caseless:
No, it's xenofulani.

This man sure knows there's a conspiracy against the Fulani right now, so he finds a better time to speak. He should have come out to say this when senior saraki and junior Saraki were in charge. I think the current governor is also a Fulani man in a way.

No the current governor is Yoruba. He mentioned it in the interview.

3 Likes

Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by Cityguy: 4:28pm On Sep 08, 2019
Would have loved it had it been he is younger. That way he would have more years to put in the struggle not when he is 'nearer my God to thee'.
Re: Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general by babajero(m): 4:30pm On Sep 08, 2019
Tflex01:

Lol... See another one. grin

Do you know what they called "war"

There was war between Oyo and Ilorin and Alimi was a friend a neighbouring town to Afonja in the present day Niger state. Even Afonja had helped Alimi earlier.

You guys are just putting mouth in what you have no knowledge of.
firstly who is fighting the war is it Fulani and yoruba or is it yoruba and yoruba. secondly afonja never knew alimi prior to that time, because he heard about him and have to send people to go fetch him. And you said we are putting our mouth, that is the same way afonja went to invite a Fulani man sitting jejely looking for land to snatch. If afonja is sensible why will he go and invite a Fulani man at the time when Fulanis are killing the hausas and taking their lands?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Welcomes Proposal By Hyundai To Set Up Car Plant In Nigeria / Stella Oduah Decamps To APC, Dumps PDP (Video, Photos) / Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.