Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,888 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations (49454 Views)

China Plans To Ease Residence Permit For Foreigners, Chinese Citizens React / Fresh Crisis Brews In South Africa As Nigerians Get Eviction Threat / Illegal Foreigners In A Truck Arrested In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Flyingngel(m): 11:22am On Sep 09, 2019
anthonnnny post:

Bad leadership back home brought hate to us across the globe ? .. Gree say you no get sense first .. Then I'll tell you why..

Mad man wey get sense, i hail ............
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by koladebrainiac(m): 11:24am On Sep 09, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
so we are not even the majority yet we are being targeted. ....at times I wonder why we are so much hated across the globe..May God help Nigeria!
We are hated because whereever we go, no matter small our population is, we always get identify with some crime that always get the attention of the media
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Charmingpet: 11:31am On Sep 09, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
so we are not even the majority yet we are being targeted. ....at times I wonder why we are so much hated across the globe..May God help Nigeria!
imagine. Ohh
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by amaniro: 11:32am On Sep 09, 2019
livebyday:
This is not surprising, I intentionally don't comment much on this incident due to the general level of reasoning I see on this forum

Nigerians are the minority in terms of foreign immigrant population in SA for crimes.

A poster asked above why we are in the headlines and it surprises me! is it that the person doesn't understand the concept of envy?

The regular young man in Mzanzi is lazy, gives into the cull of hard drugs, derives pleasure in.rapimg under aged High school girls and when his wife returns home from work tired and exhausted then confronts him with the information the neighbors gave her that he brought a teenager into.their home.while she was at work he proceeds to beat her up.

Now then moves in the Nigerian trader who came.armed.with determination to hustle hard and repay the money used to send him there, he has no time for trivialities but Hawks his gala and coke on the streets there..

Mind you mzanzi youth see such jobs as far below them, they believe they have earned the right to a good life for their parents suffering apartheid... They have a serious entitlement complex

But they watch the Nigerian hustle everyday leaving his house at 6am to catch the early morning train out to sell gala and coke in CBD joburg to workers

After six months same nigerian trader rents a shop and starts selling medicines in a chemist and he is getting more money the typical mzanzi young man is infuriated and upset as his wife he beats up.regularly is comparing him to the Nigerian ..and this annoys him

To cut a long story short the Nigerians hustle spirit holds a mirror up.to the SA youth faces and they don't like what they see hence they resort to the age old primial instinct which says what they don't understand they fear and how do weaklings respond to fear ? They mob attack and inflict bodily harm

Nigerians aren't a major concern for crime in SA as they are just loud and more determined hustlers

The typical Mzanzi youth is local , uninspired and a masochist

Cheers

You deserve an award for this piece. I screenshot and verified from my South African friend and she said you're on point 100% correct

2 Likes

Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:45am On Sep 09, 2019
Nigerians prefer to fly to either Europe or America, just few relocate to neighboring African countries out of no option or for business or family reasons, so I am not surprised.
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by bablojnr: 12:01pm On Sep 09, 2019
What makes you guys think they are targeting Nigerians only. Maybe it's because the only news you receive is news about Nigerians. You think the rioters care which country you come from before destroying your shops?. THEY ARE NOT TARGETING NIGERIANS ONLY
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Omoslim26: 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2019
ntyce:
That statistics isn't entirely true, the population big Nigerians is far higher....

OK oya show us your own stats na
oga I T K
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Omoslim26: 12:22pm On Sep 09, 2019
pauloskie38:

because they know our government is weak. they won't do anything about it.they can't try that with other foreigners there.

they are going after other foreigners too Nigerians are just the major target
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Omoslim26: 12:29pm On Sep 09, 2019
[quote author=Smartwave post=82057961 vfhj lppursd jgdghbf jooyrd jffjkog vcxsyi joplkvg bgyrrg jooffg kkoobgt hdthvkif jgfuhvgf kopjv gtj gdrhb hhiov ggv ug bgf hjooh cddh huuth jooff jfdyhb gdtoov cdyoh fryjgg cdiivg dtyog fdthh fdyivv cdsdh hoohg xdyg. ddukvv dyjvgyuv shiog dfuih dtib dtib.

this is wat you wrote absolute trash you are not wise at all your stupidity is as clear as a bell
every reasonable person knows crime is no subjugated to any tribe but unrepentant fools like you do not
shame on you
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Omoslim26: 12:29pm On Sep 09, 2019
[quote author=Smartwave post=82057961 vfhj lppursd jgdghbf jooyrd jffjkog vcxsyi joplkvg bgyrrg jooffg kkoobgt hdthvkif jgfuhvgf kopjv gtj gdrhb hhiov ggv ug bgf hjooh cddh huuth jooff jfdyhb gdtoov cdyoh fryjgg cdiivg dtyog fdthh fdyivv cdsdh hoohg xdyg. ddukvv dyjvgyuv shiog dfuih dtib dtib.

this is wat you wrote absolute trash you are not wise at all your stupidity is as clear as a bell
every reasonable person knows crime is not subjugated to any tribe but unrepentant fools like you do not
shame on you
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by pat077: 1:15pm On Sep 09, 2019
The statistics is that of 2011, I believe the figures must have more than quadruple by now.
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 09, 2019
Earthquake1:

2017,That number has tripled since Buhari came to power

Even if the number quadruples, it can't be compared to that of Zimbabwe or the United Kingdom

1 Like

Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 09, 2019
bablojnr:
What makes you guys think they are targeting Nigerians only. Maybe it's because the only news you receive is news about Nigerians. You think the rioters care which country you come from before destroying your shops?. THEY ARE NOT TARGETING NIGERIANS ONLY

Damage control. Bullish!t
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 09, 2019
Robisky001:
So why are they mostly targeting Nigerians only? Nigerians must be a special breed from the rest.

U mean IGBOS?
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Badonasty(m): 1:58pm On Sep 09, 2019
mmb:
According to official South African statistics, as of 2011, 2.2 million foreigners live in South Africa.

Source: UN

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_South_Africa

this data isn't accurate...this is data for documented immigrants na...what of people that are living off the grid
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by andrew444(m): 2:06pm On Sep 09, 2019
JimohMomoh:

You have said it all, most guys that comments on top are either ignorant of what is really happening on ground or choosed to be sentimental.
Zimbabwe and other southern african countries are the most persecuted in SouthAfrica.
Nigerians are popular there because of flamboyant lifestyle of some of them and many do drugs too. Some even do drugs and still own legit businesses to cover up.

Just like Nigerians, there are lot of Zimbabweans in jails too. The Zimbabweans even do drugs more than Nigerians.

The whites in SouthAfrica came during colonial rule and due to tourism, they forsee these voilence so they mostly live together in planned highbrow areas, segregating themselves from blacks. They hardly live in slumps and legitimately move around with guns.

Zimbabweans are good in ATM fraud

My friend lost 1.8 million naira to zimbabwe ATM fraud, by the time he called skye bank to block his account, 9,000 naira was the remaining amount there
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by andrew444(m): 2:07pm On Sep 09, 2019
JimohMomoh:

You have said it all, most guys that comments on top are either ignorant of what is really happening on ground or choosed to be sentimental.
Zimbabwe and other southern african countries are the most persecuted in SouthAfrica.
Nigerians are popular there because of flamboyant lifestyle of some of them and many do drugs too. Some even do drugs and still own legit businesses to cover up.

Just like Nigerians, there are lot of Zimbabweans in jails too. The Zimbabweans even do drugs more than Nigerians.

The whites in SouthAfrica came during colonial rule and due to tourism, they forsee these voilence so they mostly live together in planned highbrow areas, segregating themselves from blacks. They hardly live in slumps and legitimately move around with guns.

At the bolded, nigerians are much in such areas using expensive cars
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Dpharisee: 2:32pm On Sep 09, 2019
livebyday:
This is not surprising, I intentionally don't comment much on this incident due to the general level of reasoning I see on this forum

Nigerians are the minority in terms of foreign immigrant population in SA for crimes.

A poster asked above why we are in the headlines and it surprises me! is it that the person doesn't understand the concept of envy?

The regular young man in Mzanzi is lazy, gives into the cull of hard drugs, derives pleasure in.raping under aged High school girls and when his wife returns home from work tired and exhausted then confronts him with the information the neighbors gave her that he brought a teenager into their home while she was at work he proceeds to beat her up.

Now then moves in the Nigerian trader who came armed.with determination to hustle hard and repay the money used to send him there, he has no time for trivialities but Hawks his gala and coke on the streets there..

Mind you mzanzi youth see such jobs as far below them, they believe they have earned the right to a good life for their parents suffering apartheid... They have a serious entitlement complex

But they watch the Nigerian hustle everyday leaving his house at 6am to catch the early morning train out to sell gala and coke in CBD joburg to workers

After six months same nigerian trader rents a shop and starts selling medicines in a chemist and he is getting more money the typical mzanzi young man is infuriated and upset as his wife he beats up regularly is comparing him to the Nigerian ..and this annoys him!

To cut a long story short the Nigerians hustle spirit holds a mirror up to the SA youth faces and they don't like what they see, hence they resort to the age old primial instinct which says what they don't understand they fear and how do weaklings respond to fear ? They mob attack and inflict bodily harm

Nigerians aren't a major concern for crime in SA as they are just loud and more determined hustlers

The typical Mzanzi youth is local , uninspired and a masochist

Cheers

You have said it all from an informed position
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Emotionss: 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
Robisky001:
So why are they mostly targeting Nigerians only? Nigerians must be a special breed from the rest.

You guys are something else.
Who told you it is only Nigerians that are being attacked ? Didn't you read or heard in the news that BLACKS FROM OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES are being attacked ?.
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Emotionss: 3:51pm On Sep 09, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
StillX10:
This statistics shows that South Africans only envy Nigerians

When the say read unna no go read.
The report is the news is that ALL BLACK AFRICANS are being attacked not just only Nigerians. God!!!!!
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Emotionss: 3:53pm On Sep 09, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
iluvdonjazzy:
they have be envying Nigeria since time immemorial. don't worry I will deal with them.

All black Africans are being attacked not just only Nigerians. Haba
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by Emotionss: 3:58pm On Sep 09, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
JimohMomoh:

I swear most comments in this forum is making me lose hope for this country. If the comments I read in this forum represent half of the thinking mentalities of Nigerians then we have a big problem in our hands
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by mannobi(m): 4:07pm On Sep 09, 2019
its high time nigeria cuts unnecesary brotherliness with this envious south africans
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by StillX10(m): 7:57pm On Sep 09, 2019
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

When the say read unna no go read.
The report is the news is that ALL BLACK AFRICANS are being attacked not just only Nigerians. God!!!!!
Hmm na so Mr. Reader.
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by StillX10(m): 7:58pm On Sep 09, 2019
Princedapace:

Official and not including those with illegal papers.

And make we stop deceiving our selves. Nigerians who messed up Nigeria are capable of messing up any other society.

That thing that makes Nigerians to run from their country is what they can do in other countries.

I am not having any sympathy for Nigerians. Almost every country has issues with Nigerians. Just that SA handler theirs in a brutal way, every country is making it harder for Nigerians to come into their country. Canada, USA, UK, etc. It is same story everywhere. This shows there is something wrong with us in this country. But we don't tell our selves the truth.
The difference between us is that I love Nigerians bro
Re: Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations by bigfrancis21: 11:04pm On Sep 09, 2019
mmb:
According to official South African statistics, as of 2011, 2.2 million foreigners live in South Africa.

Source: UN

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_South_Africa

The issue in SA goes both ways. Yes some Nigerians there are hardworking and are successful but at the same time we Nigerians need to learn to respect ourselves when in foreign lands. I'm Igbo but I must say that some of us have this tendency to become arrogant when successful to the extent of rubbing off your wealth to the faces of the natives, disrespecting them etc. Nigerians are not the only foreigners in SA but they are always targeted, not only in SA but in many countries that they go to. Other foreigners like the Indians, Chinese etc become successful yet they know how to respect themselves and not show off their wealth in an arrogant way that it evokes this kind of response from the natives. If the natives are reacting like this, they are reacting to years of enduring such annoying and showy attitude that we have, it's human nature. I don't support their actions either.

When will most Nigerians learn to make money and still remain humble or not arrogant? I bet if Nigerians can adopt this attitude, xenophobia directed at them will reduce drastically.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. / Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) / Private Jet Breaks Into 2 In South Carolina, Two Pilots Dead! (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.