Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Benny Hinn Takes Swipe At Nigerian Prosperity Preachers Describes Act As A Trick - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Benny Hinn Takes Swipe At Nigerian Prosperity Preachers Describes Act As A Trick (1110 Views)

Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria / Benny Hinn 'Faints' As A Nigerian Sows $1 Million Into His Ministry (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benny Hinn Takes Swipe At Nigerian Prosperity Preachers Describes Act As A Trick by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:16pm On Sep 08, 2019
Benny Hinn Takes A Swipe At Nigerian Prosperity Preachers, Describes Act As A Trick
In Nigeria, where prosperity preaching is popular with many Christian leaders, Hinn's latest position would come as a terrible blow and in fact a bruising swipe at their 'money for blessing' scheme.
BY SAHARA REPORTERS, NEW YORK SEP 08, 2019

Israeli televangelist, Benny Hinn, has said that he is quitting prosperity preaching because the Holy Spirit was fed up with it.

The 66-year-old, who made the announcement during a Facebook live programme earlier in the week, pointed that such preaching was a gimmick adopted by Christian religious leaders to squeeze money out from members of their congregation.

In Nigeria, where prosperity preaching is popular with many Christian leaders, Hinn's latest position would come as a terrible blow and in fact a bruising swipe at their 'money for blessing' scheme.

Hinn said, "I'm sorry to say that prosperity has gone a little crazy and I'm correcting my own theology and you need to all know it.

"Because when I read the Bible now, I don't see the Bible with the same eyes I saw it 20 years ago."

"I think it's an offense to the Lord, it's an offense to say give $1,000. I think it's an offense to the Holy Spirit to place a price on the Gospel. I'm done with it.

"I will never again ask you to give $1,000 or whatever amount, because I think the Holy Ghost is just fed up with it."

“I think it hurts the Gospel. When they invite me to telethons, I think they will not like me anymore.

"If I hear one more time, break the back of debt with $1,000, I'm gonna rebuke them. I think that's buying the Gospel. That's buying the blessing. That's grieving the Holy Spirit."

"If you are not giving because you love Jesus, don't bother giving. I think giving has become such a gimmick; it's making me sick to my stomach."

http://saharareporters.com/2019/09/08/benny-hinn-takes-swipe-nigerian-prosperity-preachers-describes-act-trick

5 Likes

Re: Benny Hinn Takes Swipe At Nigerian Prosperity Preachers Describes Act As A Trick by EagleNest(m): 10:07pm On Sep 08, 2019
May be it is a little bit too late. The deed is done. I had thought it was only me that was uncomfortable with the way churches was going about with demands for money. I was wondering how this relates to how Christ worked at His own time on earth.
Re: Benny Hinn Takes Swipe At Nigerian Prosperity Preachers Describes Act As A Trick by Dollarseeker: 10:40pm On Sep 08, 2019
if he has truly realise his mistakes, then he should give at list 50% of his wealth to the poorest of the poor

2 Likes

Re: Benny Hinn Takes Swipe At Nigerian Prosperity Preachers Describes Act As A Trick by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:55am On Sep 09, 2019
Re: Benny Hinn Takes Swipe At Nigerian Prosperity Preachers Describes Act As A Trick by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2019
Benny Hinn Renounces the "Prosperity Gospel"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qUQwmwC7Oc
Re: Benny Hinn Takes Swipe At Nigerian Prosperity Preachers Describes Act As A Trick by CodeTemplar: 10:27pm On Sep 09, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Benny Hinn Takes A Swipe At Nigerian Prosperity Preachers, Describes Act As A Trick
BY SAHARA REPORTERS, NEW YORK SEP 08, 2019

Israeli televangelist, Benny Hinn, has said that he is quitting prosperity preaching because the Holy Spirit was fed up with it.

The 66-year-old, who made the announcement during a Facebook live programme earlier in the week, pointed that such preaching was a gimmick adopted by Christian religious leaders to squeeze money out from members of their congregation.

Hinn said, "I'm sorry to say that prosperity has gone a little crazy and I'm correcting my own theology and you need to all know it.

"Because when I read the Bible now, I don't see the Bible with the same eyes I saw it 20 years ago."

"I think it's an offense to the Lord, it's an offense to say give $1,000. I think it's an offense to the Holy Spirit to place a price on the Gospel. I'm done with it.

"I will never again ask you to give $1,000 or whatever amount, because I think the Holy Ghost is just fed up with it."

“I think it hurts the Gospel. When they invite me to telethons, I think they will not like me anymore.

"If I hear one more time, break the back of debt with $1,000, I'm gonna rebuke them. I think that's buying the Gospel. That's buying the blessing. That's grieving the Holy Spirit."

"If you are not giving because you love Jesus, don't bother giving. I think giving has become such a gimmick; it's making me sick to my stomach."

http://saharareporters.com/2019/09/08/benny-hinn-takes-swipe-nigerian-prosperity-preachers-describes-act-trick
I expect folks to be wiser than confusing the correction of a doctrine or practice of putting a price on things of the spirit with "prosperity gospel".
Zach 1:17 is in support of prosperity and I wonder how does Benny hinn's post relate to " prosperity gospel".

2 Likes

Re: Benny Hinn Takes Swipe At Nigerian Prosperity Preachers Describes Act As A Trick by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2019
CodeTemplar:

I expect folks to be wiser than confusing the correction of a doctrine or practice of putting a price on things of the spirit with "prosperity gospel".
Zach 1:17 is in support of prosperity and I wonder how does Benny hinn's post relate to " prosperity gospel".

There is a difference between 'prosperity gospel' and 'the gospel of prosperity.' cool
Re: Benny Hinn Takes Swipe At Nigerian Prosperity Preachers Describes Act As A Trick by budaatum: 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

There is a difference between 'prosperity gospel' and 'the gospel of prosperity.' cool
Explain the difference to us.
Re: Benny Hinn Takes Swipe At Nigerian Prosperity Preachers Describes Act As A Trick by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2019
budaatum:

Explain the difference to us.

The pudding is the children's bread it's not meant for dogs. tongue
Re: Benny Hinn Takes Swipe At Nigerian Prosperity Preachers Describes Act As A Trick by OkCornel(m): 8:00pm On Sep 10, 2019
This is the difference;

Re: Benny Hinn Takes Swipe At Nigerian Prosperity Preachers Describes Act As A Trick by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:59am On Sep 11, 2019
OkCornel:

This is the difference;

Can you explain how 'this' is the difference? undecided
Re: Benny Hinn Takes Swipe At Nigerian Prosperity Preachers Describes Act As A Trick by OkCornel(m): 9:33am On Sep 11, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Can you explain how 'this' is the difference? undecided

Can't you see the sarcasm? undecided grin
Re: Benny Hinn Takes Swipe At Nigerian Prosperity Preachers Describes Act As A Trick by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:41am On Sep 11, 2019
OkCornel:

Can't you see the sarcasm? undecided grin

Budaatum is flummoxed enough at the moment, please do not compound his problem with your sarcasm. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

My Father Raped Me At Least 200 Times Says Joyce Meyer / "Rain Is Falling To Wipe Away Coronavirus!!!" | Tb Joshua Prophecy / BATTLE OF FAITHS: Pastor Calls Out Mallam Yusuf Adepoju For An Open Air Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.