Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Link your android phone to PC sending Text - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Link your android phone to PC sending Text (655 Views)

Difficulty Sending Text Messages / How To Link Your NIN With MTN Online (full Steps) / Please Help. How Can I Hide My Number When Sending Text Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Link your android phone to PC sending Text by blueghost(m): 1:34pm On Sep 09, 2019
Microsoft and Samsung announced that they're working together to bring text messaging to Windows 10 computers for Samsung Galaxy Note 10 users.

That's fantastic. The new Galaxy Note 10 has Microsoft's "Your Phone" feature built into the phone, ready to connect with your Microsoft account. Once you set it up, you can start sending and replying text messages from the Your Phone computer app on your Windows 10 machine.

It's something that Apple users have been used to for years now, and it's understandably a factor in why Apple fans don't want to leave the Apple ecosystem.
But the Your Phone app isn't just compatible with the Galaxy Note 10: Microsoft released the app last year, and it's compatible with pretty much every Android phone out there. Just download the Your Phone app on your Android phone and Windows 10 computer and set it up.

Your Phone wasn't reliable when I first tried it last year, and I stopped using it pretty quickly as a result. But it's improved, and I now feel comfortable in using it on a daily basis.

Still, it's missing a few features, like text message management. You can't delete texts in the desktop Your Phone app, it's still a little buggy here and there, and you can't make calls from your Windows 10 computer yet.
Just like Apple's Messages ecosystem with an iPhone and a Mac computer, I can send and receive text messages with an Android phone and Windows 10, including messages with photos and GIFs

At the end of the day, I'm just happy to send and receive regular text messages on my Windows 10 laptop. I forgot how great that feature was when I left the Apple ecosystem and switched to Android and Windows 10. Microsoft still has some ways to go, but if you use an Android phone and Windows 10, it's absolutely worth setting up. It costs nothing and there's nothing to lose, and it'll surely improve over time.

Source
Business insider

(1) (Reply)

Phone Gurus Help / Microsoft AI To You: Company Releases Intelligence Tools For Users / Ios 13.1 Caps Some Iphone Qi Wireless Chargers At 5W

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.