Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,511 members, 7,801,350 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick (21133 Views)

A Picture Of President Putin, Okocha, Pele, Maradona And Kanu / Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick / Portugal Vs Spain: The Moment Ronaldo Scored Free-Kick Goal To Tie At 3:3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by newsynews: 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2019
Diego Maradona has revealed how he helped teach Lionel Messi how to take free-kicks during his time as coach of La Albiceleste of Argentina.

Maradona stated that during the period between 2008 and 2010, Messi sort his assistance over how to take free-kicks.

According to Maradona, the advice he gave Messi is part of why the Barcelona star has improved in that aspect of football.

Speaking on Messi who scored 8 direct free-kicks for Barcelona last season, Maradona was quoted by Daily Mail saying:

“Messi had an issue with free-kicks. When we finished every training session, we kept Leo behind so he could practice, and he started to hit the post.

“I didn’t teach him how to take a free-kick, then he asked me how I was able to score.

“I said, ‘you just have to hit it in the middle. They aren’t going to give me an Oscar to teach you this’.

“And he replied, ‘but I hit it in the middle and the ball goes this way or that way’ and I told him,

“don’t worry, you’re going to make it’. Now he just can’t miss.”

https://wotzup.ng/how-i-taught-messi-how-to-play-free-kick-maradona/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by ladilawal82(m): 2:12pm On Sep 09, 2019
...and now, he does it better. Hope he'll surpass that feat this season.

18 Likes

Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by Adeoludt(m): 2:34pm On Sep 09, 2019
Diego
Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by Sunofgod(m): 5:17pm On Sep 09, 2019
He should teach him the hand of God!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by felixmuyiwa: 5:18pm On Sep 09, 2019
An he is playing it for his country

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by handsomeyinka(m): 5:18pm On Sep 09, 2019
Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by Raydos: 5:18pm On Sep 09, 2019
They'll soon start fighting over us now!!

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by Dutchey(m): 5:18pm On Sep 09, 2019
teach him how to win trophies for Argentina

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by RexTramadol1: 5:19pm On Sep 09, 2019
Messi sef dey work hard

Now e don perfect the shii

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by tizzdi(m): 5:19pm On Sep 09, 2019
Nobody asked u oga...learn to always let others praise you...chest beating is a sign of vain personality

11 Likes

Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by oksmart1992(m): 5:19pm On Sep 09, 2019
Don't listen to the words of a junky.... I repeat, don't listen to a junky grin

6 Likes

Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by ArmaniUhuru: 5:19pm On Sep 09, 2019
(In fela’s voice) Basket mouth don open mouth again o.

22 Likes

Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by Blogfarms: 5:19pm On Sep 09, 2019
He sha wan associate with starboy

4 Likes

Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by Flexherbal(m): 5:20pm On Sep 09, 2019
Alright!
Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by EsquireDD(f): 5:20pm On Sep 09, 2019
Secretly, this man wishes Messi's fame doesn't eclipse his own.

Meanwhile.. you can register your business and company with us at well discounted prices.

Check our profile and signature for details.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by rozayx5(m): 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2019
EsquireDD:
Secretly, this man wishes Messi's fame doesn't eclipse his own.

A well known fact

He is happy messi did not win the world cup

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by Lordjb: 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2019
Okay
Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2019
DRUG MAN now teaches a SOCCER god

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by DimIsaac10(m): 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2019
Please don't teach him drugs oooo..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by MrGokay(m): 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2019
Maradona na very foolish fellow, take him serious at your risk.

2 Likes

Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by heckymaicon(m): 5:23pm On Sep 09, 2019
maradona is Messi's number one enemy. forget the eye service

18 Likes

Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by SammieLowkey(m): 5:23pm On Sep 09, 2019
You taught Messi..?? grin

My people this one weak me oh.. Infact local man cannot can grin

9 Likes

Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by Hardehh: 5:23pm On Sep 09, 2019
Go rest jare
Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by LordofNaija: 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2019
Have you had a sniff today? I leave Maradona with this song
Ichagokwa anya, isegokwa ife
Bia nwanne, Ichagokwa anya, isegokwa ife
Eke bia me ka I na anyu nsi, eke bia me ka I na acho ihe
Lala LA LA LA

1 Like

Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by nabegibeg: 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2019
newsynews:
Diego Maradona has revealed how he helped teach Lionel Messi how to take free-kicks during his time as coach of La Albiceleste of Argentina.

Maradona stated that during the period between 2008 and 2010, Messi sort his assistance over how to take free-kicks.

According to Maradona, the advice he gave Messi is part of why the Barcelona star has improved in that aspect of football.

Speaking on Messi who scored 8 direct free-kicks for Barcelona last season, Maradona was quoted by Daily Mail saying:

https://wotzup.ng/how-i-taught-messi-how-to-play-free-kick-maradona/

Story for the gods

3 Likes

Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by Sirpaul(m): 5:28pm On Sep 09, 2019
With your pot belly baaa
Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by kendrick93(m): 5:28pm On Sep 09, 2019
Maradona my G. The Real G.O.A.T

2 Likes

Re: Maradona: I Taught Messi How To Play Free-kick by mejai(m): 5:28pm On Sep 09, 2019
Waiting for who will bring in Ronaldo, CR7 or GOAT name hia!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Heard That Bet9ja Pays You When Your Game Cut One. / Funny Nicknames For Footballers. / Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.