Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,334 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus (28268 Views)

My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) / I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time / I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by udeme67(m): 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2019
Mine is I hate it when the passenger sitting next to me makes stupid and unnecessary phone calls

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by kushercain: 11:04pm On Sep 09, 2019
pocohantas:
One ke? My pet peeves while traveling plenty na...

-Driver who isn't paying attention.

-Driver answering calls while driving, not using signals, cursing other drivers, engaging in race with other cars and any general disregard for road rules.

-Someone eating very odorous things in a bus, sometimes noisily and with so much relish. Eggs, egg-roll, suya, opa...etc.

-People that will pay for 2 tickets and you see them entering with 4kids. They turn you to involuntary nanny. You can't even say no without looking inhumane or like someone who wouldn't/doesn't have kids.

-Obstructing my leg space with nonsense load, while the owner balances in Seat 1 or 2.

-Playing gospel music or any music at all. See, don't assume we are all of same religion. Some of us are idol worshippers. Some of us want to listen to our own music, with our headsets.

-Passengers that wanna talk without respecting boundaries. They want to know where you are going, why you are going there, where you will be staying and when you will leave.

Pheew...

él poco loco
You be Danfo legend o!

4 Likes

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Sirmuel1(m): 11:04pm On Sep 09, 2019
promiseniqqa:
when you are no 35 and am 36 yet you buy chicken and chop only you... its evil i hate it

Na them send you message? cheesy
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Perfectnumber6(m): 11:05pm On Sep 09, 2019
pocohantas:

-Driver answering calls while driving, not using signals, cursing other drivers, engaging in race with other cars and any general disregard for road rules.

-Someone eating very odorous things in a bus, sometimes noisily and with so much relish. Eggs, egg-roll, suya, opa...etc.

-People that will pay for 2 tickets and you see them entering with 4kids. They turn you to involuntary nanny. You can't even say no without looking inhumane or like someone who wouldn't/doesn't have kids.

-Obstructing my leg space with nonsense load, while the owner balances in Seat 1 or 2.

-Playing gospel music or any music at all. See, don't assume we are all of same religion. Some of us are idol worshippers. Some of us want to listen to our own music, with our headsets.

-Passengers that wanna talk without respecting boundaries. They want to know where you are going, why you are going there, where you will be staying and when you will leave.

Pheew...
just kukuma dey charter one full bus take dey travel only u �

1 Like

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 09, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Eheeenn?? even wen d poor bus is not having a waste bin?.. hmm

wait let me imagine myself eating snacks and drop d nylon and plastic inside d car right in front of my co-travellers sitting beside me.. i just tink its odd.

There is nothing odd about dropping trash on the floor of the bus. That's how it should be. Ideally, these buses should have a waste paper basket but in the absence of one, you drop the trash on the bus. When the bus gets to the park, the bus boy sweeps the bus.

23 Likes

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 09, 2019
pocohantas:

Pheew...

Where is the lie?
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by RedAlert08(m): 11:11pm On Sep 09, 2019
There's always a dude that claims he missed his flight or the trip was impromptu, so he couldn't book

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by OlawaleBammie: 11:16pm On Sep 09, 2019
AryaSand:

There is nothing odd about dropping trash on the floor of the bus. That's how it should be. Ideally, these buses should have a waste paper basket but in the absence of one, you drop the trash on the bus. When the bus gets to the park, the bus boy sweeps the bus.
Tanks sister for d enlightenment, etiquette gained.

5 Likes

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by NemzySeries(m): 11:16pm On Sep 09, 2019
sum will sleep on u, snore & evwn b salivating onrop
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Realfrankie(m): 11:17pm On Sep 09, 2019
AryaSand:

All those Passengers that buy everything right? From Boiled egg to Suya to banana to groundnut to plantain chips to Fried yam and Akara. I usually find it had to hide my disgust for those kind of passengers, Hopeless Foodies.

Very correct bro, some will even buy chicken and mess up the whole place

1 Like

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by nasoeb: 11:18pm On Sep 09, 2019
frikpus:
Sitting close to a person with offensive odour.
undecided
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by yoged(m): 11:19pm On Sep 09, 2019
Those ones eating 5-6 eggs inside bus. That sh1t is very annoying . what the hell is wrong with them

8 Likes

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Ferdinandu(m): 11:19pm On Sep 09, 2019
Playing loud music in short playing any music at all,if I want one I rather use my phone.
Stupid Drivers who continues to do drop and pick after leaving the park on a vehicle going long distance
Having a heavy neighbour but if it is a petite fine girl I wouldn't mind two gringrin
Vehicles that carry excess load that leg room will be a problem
Neighbour who continue to eat trash while on the journey every thing they must buy to eat as if it is the last journey on earth

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by SOPWriter: 11:21pm On Sep 09, 2019
ufuosco:
I hate Traffic.
Yes, traffic.
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by promiseniqqa(m): 11:21pm On Sep 09, 2019

how i go chop okpa u come chop chicken... wia me and you pay d same money

1 Like

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 09, 2019
promiseniqqa:
when you are no 35 and am 36 yet you buy chicken and chop only you... its evil i hate it

2 Likes

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by promiseniqqa(m): 11:23pm On Sep 09, 2019
Sirmuel1:

so far me and you pay dsame money we have humanrights we must share
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by skyfather09(m): 11:23pm On Sep 09, 2019
1: the public car
2: the passengers
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by hannah55(f): 11:24pm On Sep 09, 2019
D passengers DT urinate every second and we also love to buy everything DT comes dere way by telling driver to stop oo....dey want to collect dere change oo.
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Goalnaldo(m): 11:34pm On Sep 09, 2019
[quote author=Kingmiah post=82082259][/quote] I dunno but this picture got me laughing really hard. More like it's saying " you see your life"

1 Like

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by daddymummy(m): 11:40pm On Sep 09, 2019
Sitting beside a woman/girl/lady. Infact i hate it when i sit next to a female in a bus/car.

I want to be close to women but NOT inside a vehicle

2 Likes

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Mplify(m): 11:44pm On Sep 09, 2019
Mine na window and AC wahala... Why pay for AC bus if you go off the small one blowing 2 of us after 1hr drive Not to mention those ones playing with window every 5min.. why sit there in the first place

2 Likes

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by nextstep(m): 11:47pm On Sep 09, 2019
People trying to steal your phone from your pocket while you're trying to catch small sleep. angry
Those who will want to tell you their life story.
Those who want to stop and piss every 10 minutes, but they will still drink from that big bottle.
Those who know that the bus stop is at such-and-such a place, but want to get down in middle of nowhere.

If I was a driver, I swear two rules: bring food before you enter, and plan to piss once or twice at scheduled times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 09, 2019
I dislike buses with very small leg room, I mean how do tall people cope??

7 Likes

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by YorubaKing: 11:48pm On Sep 09, 2019
sheungeek:
People forming like private jet owners inside public bus...yeye people

grin grin grin
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Akanoaaa(m): 11:50pm On Sep 09, 2019
I no get any. Wetin concern me, afterwards, its not forever stuff, just a journey and everybody go drop and depart las las. So why making big deal on temporary condition?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Ladotrader(m): 11:51pm On Sep 09, 2019
sheungeek:
People forming like private jet owners inside public bus...yeye people

Them plenty for here.... chaiiii

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by nextstep(m): 11:52pm On Sep 09, 2019
AryaSand:

Nah mate... bring a poly and hold your trash please. That's the same excuse people use for throwing their trash on the ground. You make trash, take it home or where you can dispose of it without being a nuisance please. Do you know there are no trash bins on buses in New York or Tokyo? Yet they are immaculate.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Sniper101(m): 11:54pm On Sep 09, 2019
Generally, I hate people who talk too much in public. Especially in a public vehicle.

...I get ashamed of female friends who start making a LONG conversation with me while we're in a public vehicle.

And I hate sitting next to people with armpit odour.

2 Likes

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by daddymummy(m): 12:06am On Sep 10, 2019
chukzyfcbb:

errmm ermm it depends, I have had a very cute girl rest on my shoulder, she looked at me with dem eyes and said "can I" with a smile.

Of course local man couldn't say no smiley
Why must everything be woman.

You enter motor with the mind of doing things with woman instead of trying to enjoy the journey for what it is.

A woman cannot enter a bus with a mind of doing things with a man.

She would want to enjoy the journey by looking at the cities and nature as the bus is driving ,buying things on the way etc.

But you men ehh. Your mind is only on one thing:Woman.

Go to school is woman.

Wake up in the morning is woman.

In fact i hate this tag that men are carrying.

Cant you enjoy this life for once without bringing woman into the picture.

Why must women have many ways of enjoying themselves but men only enjoy something if a woman is involved.

Why?

I mean, it is horrible and unfair.

6 Likes

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by ohem007(m): 12:07am On Sep 10, 2019
tpiar:
If you mean public transportation, my number one pet peeve when I was in Nigeria was co-travelers who loudly provided minute by minute updates on their phones talking to unknown persons and letting them know all details of the monitoring.

I was wondering, isn't this the function of gps and stuff, why not just provide these "fake travelers" with special trackable phones so they don't have to loudly let people know they "are onto them".

That is to keep track of your movement...

My dad does that alot

If him call you and you tell am say you dey benin for three hours then definitely something is wrong

I never knew people had problem with this though

2 Likes

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Omoslim26: 12:10am On Sep 10, 2019
I hate sitting with nursing mothers with annoying crying babies I hate sitting with fat peoples I hate it when people eat groundnut,egg,or okpa in public

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BREAKING: Accident At Aseese Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS) / Woman Dies After Being Hit By 22-Year-Old Driver In Lagos / Floods In Jeremi, Where Utorogu Gas Plant Is Located

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.