Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus (28289 Views)

My Experience Traveling By Air For The First Time (update) / I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time / I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by mkoabiola: 2:04pm On Sep 10, 2019
beauty7:
Sitting close to someone who just hated me because I am the same gender as her.

I had to try and placate her by being very nice to her.

I allowed her to take the whole space while I squeezed myself into a corner.

I bought her sth on the way and exchanged her torn N100 with my new one.
U sound lik a nice and cheerful giver

It was during a journey from kaduna to abuja.

Na wa o!
U sound lik a nice and cheerful babe

2 Likes

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by theNOISEmaker: 2:14pm On Sep 10, 2019
VulgarLee:
Driver wen like to buy fuel after take off
Shit annoy the hell outa me
you dey there grin

1 Like

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by tpiar: 2:30pm On Sep 10, 2019
Anyway! I generally enjoy travelling by public transportation, those fake travelers were the ones annoying me.
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by nextstep(m): 2:51pm On Sep 10, 2019
sassysure:

A friend told me that a particular inter city bus driver will tell the passengers not to eat inside his bus.
One day he stopped and excused himself to go and wee wee to come back and perceived some food. Asked and everybody kept quiet. He went outside. End of journey.
A young woman later admitted and she has not finished eating.
The man told her to get down. Or no movement.
Everybody went down to beg this man. Took time for him to agree but she has to throw the remaining inside trash bin. He said his bus isn't restaurant or your house. It's only meant to carry passengers. Obey his rule or don't enter cheesy

Good one... a bit severe, but it's needed as people will just spill food anyhow and throw their trash anywhere in the bus.
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Titogbanski: 4:17pm On Sep 10, 2019
playing music from the phone with out using earphones

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by ohem007(m): 5:57pm On Sep 10, 2019
tpiar:

I'm referring to strange co and false travellers keeping track of you in a very loud and unnecessary manner while doing their best to make your personal space uncomfortable by shouting into their phones .

Nobody would have a problem with your dad doing that for his kid .

Must Benin be inserted into every conversation on nairaland? Am I Bini or why are you mentioning Benin?

First I am not Yoruba, then I am not black, then I am Zulu, now it's Benin?

Come to think of it, the person kept shouting Benin into his phone during the journey. Was that you?

Lol

My bad...

I won't mention benin again buh that may be me though
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by VulgarLee(m): 8:31pm On Sep 10, 2019
Equity15:
lmao...me too oh..I don't why it annoys me also..cos if he doesn't buy then he'll still buy later on in the journey.. but still I don't know why it annoys me
lmao �
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by VulgarLee(m): 8:34pm On Sep 10, 2019
ststyreal:

You mean AGOFURE MOTORS!!!?
lmao
I no call name o
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by ststyreal(f): 8:35pm On Sep 10, 2019
VulgarLee:
lmao
I no call name o
Funny you!

1 Like

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by beauty7: 9:15pm On Sep 10, 2019
mkoabiola:

U sound lik a nice and cheerful babe
It is good to overcome evil with good, harshness with niceness and hatred with love.
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by DateMynd44(m): 1:41am On Sep 11, 2019
tpiar:
If you mean public transportation, my number one pet peeve when I was in Nigeria was co-travelers who loudly provided minute by minute updates on their phones talking to unknown persons and letting them know all details of the monitoring.

I was wondering, isn't this the function of gps and stuff, why not just provide these "fake travelers" with special trackable phones so they don't have to loudly let people know they "are onto them".
tpiar you're always Blessed with sense.
your number one point is so right
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by DateMynd44(m): 1:44am On Sep 11, 2019
iyke926:
1. I hate seeing a passenger eat boiled eggs. I thought that I was the only one that hated the smell of boiled eggs, until one day I boarded a bus. During the journey, na so one babe just bring out her eggs to chop. Next thing, I was feeling so irritated...na so driver begin para...dey vex o. The driver had to stop... told the girl to come out and finish the eggs or she throws all away. The driver told her not to even think of farting grin

2. I don't like sitting close to a talkative/noisy passengers: I meditate, think, reminisce most times when I travel.

gosh that boiled eggs irritates me a lot gosh

1 Like

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Hangulsaram: 3:02am On Sep 11, 2019
sisisioge:

I'm travelling today! You can help send the buffer as recharge cards. I will sell it to my co passengers in the bus to raise more funds. Infact, I will advertise at the top of my voice until someone buys! After all, it is a public bus! Please don't respond unless you have the recharge cards. Thank you!
Hm! At the bolded, don’t know what you were thinking but I don’t find it funny. I offered to do that and so if I have to send the card I should post it here publicly as my reply to you since I don’t have ur contact?
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by sisisioge: 6:17am On Sep 11, 2019
Hangulsaram:

Hm! At the bolded, don’t know what you were thinking but I don’t find it funny. I offered to do that and so if I have to send the card I should post it here publicly as my reply to you since I don’t have ur contact?

I find it funny that you thought I really wanted the recharge cards grin. Biko no vex...good morning.
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Tylerbreeze(m): 9:44am On Sep 11, 2019
1 I hate sitting beside nursing mothers, they will be closing the window there by inconveniencing other passengers and depriving one of fresh air... undecided mtcheeew
2 sitting beside plus sized elderly women they can smell ehh... angry angry
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by dayleke: 9:51am On Sep 11, 2019
sisisioge:

I'm travelling today! You can help send the buffer as recharge cards. I will sell it to my co passengers in the bus to raise more funds. Infact, I will advertise at the top of my voice until someone buys! After all, it is a public bus! Please don't respond unless you have the recharge cards. Thank you!

I like your sense of humor.
cheesy
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by sisisioge: 9:59am On Sep 11, 2019
dayleke:

I like your sense of humor.
cheesy

Thank you grin
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by dayleke: 10:02am On Sep 11, 2019
sisisioge:

Thank you grin

You are very welcome.
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Hangulsaram: 10:24am On Sep 11, 2019
sisisioge:

I find it funny that you thought I really wanted the recharge cards grin. Biko no vex...good morning.
I no vex oo but was surprise.
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Kalapizim(m): 10:25am On Sep 11, 2019
AryaSand:

The annoying things is that they deliberately call slim people to come sit beside them. I always turn them down like "were both paying the same amount for fare, you can't come and inconvenience someone's daughter."
walahi oooo i just tire for them, and some of them can be so restless on top sef
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by dayleke: 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2019
sisisioge:

Thank you grin

Sisi.
What were you doing in d parlor?
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by JasperVII(m): 1:06pm On Sep 11, 2019
Konstatin:
Everything
I have extreme motion sickness
Welcome to the club man�, Mine is not that serious tho. Try sitting close to the windows
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by JasperVII(m): 1:16pm On Sep 11, 2019
Godmademan:
People complaining that they want the window closed. AC or not, the natural cool breeze cannot be traded for anything. That's why I always go for the seats by the window
Finally! Someone that speaks my language
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by sisisioge: 2:03pm On Sep 11, 2019
dayleke:

Sisi.
What were you doing in d parlor?

The ashewo parlor? I went to pray for the congregation grin. Biko no vex...it was a stray entry.

1 Like

Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by dayleke: 4:21pm On Sep 11, 2019
sisisioge:

The ashewo parlor? I went to pray for the congregation grin. Biko no vex...it was a stray entry.

Vex ke? Why should I?
I no fit na.
Don't worry. The prayer will soon be answered by baba God.
No let it be stray entry again o. cool
You are always welcomed na. Sebi na beer parlor....
Relaxation n enjoyment dey dia after a looong day at work. grin
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by KingAzubuike(f): 8:23pm On Sep 17, 2019
ohem007:
1.Last time i travelled from lagos to calabar..
The asshole driver bus broke down at imo
We were stucked on the road for three days straight

The asshole driver did not even beg or say sorry

2.i hate sitting beside chubby girls with big bobbies..

The last time i travelled the young lady beside me was just giving me un-neccesary boner

3.people that do throw stuff outter da window..
I love window seat

Asshole next time ask me to help you throw it!!!!!

Don't pour suya pepper on my body na
3 days?
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Godmademan(m): 10:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
folake4u:

Same here
I never thought I had people like me around. I always seem to be the only one complaining about closed windows on board.
How are you?
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by ohem007(m): 10:35pm On Sep 19, 2019
KingAzubuike:

3 days?

Yep 3 fucking days..

My white shirt turned brown

Nobody talked thru out the rest of the journey...
If you open mouth the kind smell wey dey comot ehnnn
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by folake4u(f): 11:38am On Sep 20, 2019
Godmademan:
I never thought I had people like me around. I always seem to be the only one complaining about closed windows on board.
How are you?

Lol don't mind them oh. I love the breeze on my face, there's this feeling it gives me.

I'm fine, you?
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Godmademan(m): 8:02pm On Sep 20, 2019
folake4u:

Lol don't mind them oh. I love the breeze on my face, there's this feeling it gives me.

I'm fine, you?
Good. I’d send you a mail if you don't mind.
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by folake4u(f): 9:59pm On Sep 20, 2019
Godmademan:
Good. I’d send you a mail if you don't mind.

Alright no problem.
Re: Name those Things You Hate When Traveling By A Public Car/bus by Esthered: 2:56pm On Sep 30, 2019
judecares1:
Fighting for change from conductor and hearing shift shift all the time

Lagos life is hell ooooo shocked
I'm unable to access my mail

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Woman Dies After Being Hit By 22-Year-Old Driver In Lagos / Lagos To Owerri Is N12,600 On Dana Air / Jeep Knocks Down Kid Going For Children's Day Party In Bayelsa, Fractures Bone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.