Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer (53241 Views)

I Don't Think This Marriage Can Work Any Longer(photos) / I don't understand my fiancee behavior this days, could it be... / I Don't Understand My Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by YoungG12(m): 12:40pm On Sep 10, 2019
brother,get yourself a good lappy and a phone of 3gig gram upward and you're good to go,for it is written that,"man shall not leave by it's monthly salary alone" cool cool
some idiot after reading this will be thinking about that illegal stuff but,there dirty mind wouldn't let them think straight about what i really mean grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by mechanics(m): 12:42pm On Sep 10, 2019
Little is something, the Bible says we should not despise our little beginning, start from somewhere and by the grace of God, a better job will come soon.
Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2019
Francisayo:
My life has always been going well until I lost my dad when I was in year one in university, it shocked me so hard but I still manage to graduate...

I graduated and served d nation.

I have always been an extrovert and I like places that are lively...

I have a lovely gf who is so understandable even though I'm not taking care of her as expected cos of my lack of job

I served and returned home, I have spent 9 months at home since after my service, I looked for job everywhere but no job in sight, my uncle looked for job for me but d job is too tough with little salary ( they call it sales representative but d description is of sales boy), going to work from Monday 8 am to 6 pm Saturday with 18k salary which 6k will go for transport fare in a month.

I know I won't be able to cope with it so I rejected it, but it now seems I'm becoming a burden to my family as they look at me as if I don't want to work.

A woman told me to come and be teaching in her school, jss1 and jss2 only typically a new school, the school location is typically a village, but d pressure from home is much for me and doubt
left me with no choice than to accept d offer, d pay is 25k per month... Though out of it I'll be d one to pay for rent and furnish it, house rent is #1500/month....

I traveled to d place today and I can't believe what i met, d place is a very local place and everywhere is just so quiet and boring, i have 5 students in my class.

My gf is already serving and we've not seen each other for months which is already having a bad effect on our relationship...i got home this afternoon and having deep thinking with tears in my eyes if this is how i will continue to live my life...Im 27yrs of age and seems no direction in where my life is going...

Pls, i need mature advice from mature people pls...

It's looking as if i can't survive here at all and my gf is complaining cos better things are not looking to be forthcoming soon.

I'm typing this with tears in my eyes, pls pardon d errors

First thing to do is to let the girl go. You say she is serving, meaning she is already looking at marriage in a year, max two year's time. So let her go and focus on yourself.

Because if you use the time you should spend on your own self-development now, to sustain the relationship with her, even if you guys managed to get married in your currently broke condition, that type of cashless marriage would be hell on earth.

Next is to learn a skill. I don't know what you studied or where your strengths lie, but any skill that brings you daily money is good enough: welding, mechanic job, dstv installation, web development etc. Throw that degree certificate into a drawer somewhere and learn how to do something with your hands. While you do that, you can also get on the track of professional certification in accounting. That's a very valuable skillset, though it can take a while to acquire it unless you studied that particular course while at school

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by donfeluche(m): 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2019
O boy your plight is that of a typical Nigerian Youth if I may advise I will suggest you leave the teaching Job is going to cage you forever, go for the sales job it will give you or create room for you to search for other jobs as a marketer in other big firm and sometimes the salary is not usually all there is, you might be getting tips that can help you, also try lookout for where to learn driving, and get a valid drivers license, it will help you to get a marketing job either in big firm or even a store outlet, by the time you start supplies to customer you will be getting 3-5k daily money, before you know it, you will start saving and become a man, but don't allow boyfriend girlfriend issue to lure you in to depression, and suicide will set in

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Blissbath(f): 12:45pm On Sep 10, 2019
Learn a skill
Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by zcee: 12:45pm On Sep 10, 2019
I ve learnt so much in this life.Am a student schooling in one of the polytechnics in this country,if i see the way students esp boys flex,waste money and resources even spend extravagantly on women I will begin to ask my self do these folks know how life is once they become graduates as in for me life s not a bed of rose as you think once you bcom a graduate am not saying school flexing is bad but too much of everything is not good.some will even flex and forget what they are in school to do,the little money sent to them for sustenance all they do is to waste it or by latest design to impress the public esp the once that received bank alert always.my coursemate once insulted me that i don't dress well like all those big boys in school and the day she will fall for me is when I start rocking designers I was like look at this fool,don't judge a book by its cover. School life is hard though but it has thought me how to become wise even nw am school am saving from d little sent to me in order to invest it somewhere because i knw there will be little chances of help or employment when am done with school and I pray things will be feasible for me with what i ve saved up...So brother you see that your gf just minimize your relationship and communication with her because women are unpredictable,you will see d picture clear when a rich sharp man will come for her for anything and i advice you just take d teaching job den sum it up with external lesson and at the same time be searching for another better job...life is not easy bro I pray u will find a better pathway

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 10, 2019
Payperboii:

Bro I will advise you keep the 25k job. U should live life like no one owes u a thing n that is a good start for you. I don't wanna hear you committed suicide some days after today. Everyone is struggling and thanks to God you graduated.. It will be worst if your girl sees you as a lazy fellow. Bro gear up. Get the work save up some money and start something else... Don't be a liability( literally)

Preach!!!!
Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Martinez39(m): 12:47pm On Sep 10, 2019
DonBenny77:

Abeg shun that talk after all the money invested in him he should end up in one village school with 5 students. What a waste of a graduate. It's better he does tutorials and home lectures in the city
Let's get it straight. No university forced anyone to go to school and besides, no one owes you a mouth watering job because you are graduate. NO ONE OWES YOU ANYTHING. A good country and working system will not fall from heaven neither can prayer bring them. A good country, freedom, good system and good standard of living will come to Nigerian when Nigerians are will to pay the price to bring it. These things don't come easy and many Nigerians are expecting to come just like that. These things cost blood and sweat.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Leonbonapart(m): 12:49pm On Sep 10, 2019
Francisayo:
My life has always been going well until I lost my dad when I was in year one in university, it shocked me so hard but I still manage to graduate...

I have a lovely gf who is so understandable even though I'm not taking care of her as expected cos of my lack of job

I served and returned home, I have spent 9 months at home since after my service, I looked for job everywhere but no job in sight, my uncle looked for job for me but d job is too tough with little salary ( they call it sales representative but d description is of sales boy), going to work from Monday 8 am to 6 pm Saturday with 18k salary which 6k will go for transport fare in a month.

I know I won't be able to cope with it so I rejected it, but it now seems I'm becoming a burden to my family as they look at me as if I don't want to work.

A woman told me to come and be teaching in her school, jss1 and jss2 only typically a new school, the school location is typically a village, but d pressure from home is much for me and doubt
left me with no choice than to accept d offer, d pay is 25k per month... Though out of it I'll be d one to pay for rent and furnish it, house rent is #1500/month....

I traveled to d place today and I can't believe what i met, d place is a very local place and everywhere is just so quiet and boring, i have 5 students in my class.

My gf is already serving and we've not seen each other for months which is already having a bad effect on our relationship...i got home this afternoon and having deep thinking with tears in my eyes if this is how i will continue to live my life...Im 27yrs of age and seems no direction in where my life is going...

It's looking as if i can't survive here at all and my gf is complaining cos better things are not looking to be forthcoming soon.

cut that girlfriend of yours off first.
Then start from there and see how things goes
Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Alphafeezay(m): 12:51pm On Sep 10, 2019
Don't place any importance on your GF for now... TBT. Also stay online on productive forums., work hard and pray harder. ...... Your future is very bright bro!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Iambond(m): 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2019
Look at your situation and realise that you don't need a gf at this point. #nuffsaid
Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Martinez39(m): 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2019
arinola2504:
ops, people might make jest of you here and even call you lazy but belief me,...

No one is making jest of him and calling him lazy. We don't hate him or wish him to suffer. Most of the time, we men, unlike women, give those we like tough love. We are waking him up to reality. He has to realise the way things are and humble himself to appreciate and take the opportunities that come his way no matter how small they are. Life in Nigeria no easy. I wish him well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by adokhai(m): 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2019
I advice you take the job forget your age for now, buy a good laptop to learn some skills in a year's time you won't believe what you have become if you are focused and ready.
Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by stanley000: 12:57pm On Sep 10, 2019
Martinez39:
I had a friend that was studying Marine Science. I asked him what his job prospects were and he started telling me that jobs are plenty and that he can work in blah blah blah organisation and blah blah blah water cooperation. grin I tried telling him that jobs are scare but he blocked me because he learnt from his prosperity preacher and motivational books that he should avoid "negative energy and vibe". Lwkmd grin. The guy is now a photographer giving motivational speeches on his WhatsApp status. Though we later made up but now I am careful not to be a "negative energy and vibe". grin grin
LMAO this meme below sums it all up
Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by gabicon: 12:57pm On Sep 10, 2019
Francisayo:

I can feel your frustrations bro, but the truth of the matter is that you are still living in the past. In the 60s, 70s and 80s people finished school and got jobs but in this new era you need a skill to get a good job, without a skill you will get jobs that anyone with an average brain can do n the pay is low.

What I'm explaining to you takes the average graduate at least2 year post nysc to understand. The era of graduate jobs is over we are now in the era of skilled job meaning a skilled area boy will be preferable to an unskilled PHD holder.

The first step for you is to stop feeling sorry for yourself, graduates in developed countries are facing similar plight.

Secondly information is power, take your phone and check for the skills of the future, corelate these skills to the Nigerian environment, research on the skills and pick one skill you will like to make a career of. Like data science, 3d printing, ux design, AI, business analyst etc.

Commit your time to learning theses skills and join communities (like association, WhatsApp group, social media forum and LinkedIn).

Trust me in 6 months, your vocabulary will so change if you are diligent with it. You start to meet people that do the same thing and from there opportunities are shared.

For example I went for a conference and met people that had similar skills like I do, a WhatsApp group was created and somebody in the group just posted that a new company from America is coming into the Nigerian market and are looking for people with my skill set.

Don't lock yourself up in a room crying, go out socialize, it is seen people that get help and see opportunities.

You will be surprised that in that village you are in there are opportunities, you just can't see it because of the sunshade of self-pity you are wearing.

As for your love interest, you both are in the building phase, I will suggest less of fun and more of work.

Lastly don't forget to make God the first priority He only can open doors.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by information1: 12:59pm On Sep 10, 2019
izzou:
No need to cry bro.

There are millions of youths in this country who are in the same boat with you. Some are above 30 sef

My only advice: Fight for what you want. I don't know the steps to give you, but what I know is, wake up with that mentality that the day must be better

As for your relationship, you can drop it if you both can keep up. It's both for your good and her good too

I wish you well

oh seriously I commend you for this...

To the op, as my brother will always say.. die hard,keep pushing. Don't even think there's a limit.

If the she can't bear with what your passing through then give a space. Most ladies want food that has been cooked(come back to your normal state and think well on how your gonna restrategy yourself)..

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by DonBenny77(m): 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2019
Martinez39:
Let's get it straight. No university forced anyone to go to school and besides, no one owes you a mouth watering job because you are graduate. NO ONE OWES YOU ANYTHING. A good country and working system will not fall from heaven neither can prayer bring them. A good country, freedom, good system and good standard of living will come to Nigerian when Nigerians are will to pay the price to bring it. These things don't come easy and many Nigerians are expecting to come just like that. These things cost blood and sweat.

There was a country, maybe you don't know that. It used to be that way. After school you would have job options to choose from. So don't blame the youth who felt he could easily secure a fair paying job after service.
Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Martinez39(m): 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2019
Nnamebuka:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lol. The guy just dey give motivational speech and life tips like say hin sabi. Let just respect myself so I won't be a negative energy and vibe. grin
Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by muelzik(m): 1:02pm On Sep 10, 2019
Guy, do something with the phone you are using to type... Invest some cash in starting a small online business, nurture it with the same tears and pains. It's alright, things will change. You only need to change your mind about starting a job you create. #

I often tell graduates who don't get to find a job. Create a job for yourself. I mean, find your own job for yourself. Start something creative. They are many. Copywriting pays, Dropshipping pays, mini importation (the smart way) pays, affiliate marketing pays, I can keep counting. Guy, brace up and search with ease, there are things you can add to your job to be the man you truly want to be.

I work and run a dropshipping store. Salary is nothing, but what I make from dropshipping is cool and can be sailed up further. Let me not talk about my blog

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Martinez39(m): 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2019
DonBenny77:

There was a country, maybe you don't know that. It used to be that way. After school you would have job options to choose from. So don't blame the youth who felt he could easily secure a fair paying job after service.
I understand that even though no one owes anyone anything, every responsible government must make jobs and platforms available for human capital and skills to thrive for the best of society. I understand. Our leaders are heartless monsters that don't give a sh!t.
Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by dangoteinlaw: 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2019
Toyosimuyiwa:
Hello dear,

I can imagine how you're feeling, but then.....
Okay, i would suggest you still continue with that your teaching job, then you hone your skills
What's your field of study? it can't be that bad that in Lagos here, you wouldn't get something doing
The skill that aces now is a digital skill, network, meet people, whatsapp groups and all
You can forward me your number, so i can link you with some Job/Opportunities groups.
boss can u add my WhatsApp number zero 810 079 four 58 eight
Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by MartinsD12(m): 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2019
Francisayo:

I have nothing to say but it seem you are lazy to work from your write up, start little, the place you are going to teach you describe it as local that's too bad shows you are not ready to work

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Dee60: 1:09pm On Sep 10, 2019
All the sales reps I ever hired got bigger and better paying jobs while actively doing the sales and enjoying it!

My advice to you is contained in that line. Study it!

And by the way, I never paid them as low as you are paid, yet they used the job as platform to get better jobs.

That is the way life is.

Many graduates see their certificates as achievement instead of seeing it as a platform for the next level. What is the B.Sc? It used to be something special some forty years ago but it has now become as common as what school cert used to be in those days.

Think about relationships when you are some distance to getting married! If you are not in that frame for the next five years, then use your energy to build your future.

Above all, believe. Believe in God. Believe and pray in the name of Jesus. And build good confidence also in yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by millionboi2: 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2019
topsquino:

Hi

I have read your post. Trust me, there is nothing you are passing through right now that I did not experience when I finished service.

I was among the best in my class, yet I still experienced everything you typed up there.

You are lucky that your girl has not yet told you officially that you are no longer her second, third or fifth option.

Let's focus on the solution. After all, that's what you need.

Trust me, there are many jobs in Nigeria.

What we don't have in this country is skilled people.

This week alone, I had to rummaged the internet to find a good 3d animator for my brand. Guess what, I could not find. I had to outsource the job to Indians.

Do you know you can make money just by singing people's song on fiverr?

Do you know you can make money by being a pro player in video games?

Bro, you are not too old at 27 years to start learning a skill.

The secret of success is in three fold.

1. Learn a skill (1 year
2. Perfect the skill (6 months or above)
3. Market the skill.

Just take a year to learn any skill. I would recommend the following

1. Writing or proofreading
2. Graphic design
3. Web design
4. Programming

Just learn any skill bro and stop complaining and feeling miserable .

Forget that your girl friend. When you are successful, you will get a better one or she will come back.

The only person that can help you is YOU

Good luck
Abeg how do I make money singing worship song.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by Yem007: 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2019
muelzik:
Guy, do something with the phone you are using to type... Invest some cash in starting a small online business, nurture it with the same tears and pains. It's alright, things will change. You only need to change your mind about starting a job you create. #

I often tell graduates who don't get to find a job. Create a job for yourself. I mean, find your own job for yourself. Start something creative. They are many. Copywriting pays, Dropshipping pays, mini importation (the smart way) pays, affiliate marketing pays, I can keep counting. Guy, brace up and search with ease, there are things you can add to your job to be the man you truly want to be.

I work and run a dropshipping store. Salary is nothing, but what I make from dropshipping is cool and can be sailed up further. Let me not talk about my blog

hello bro

what platform do u use for your dropshipping biz?

Shopify or Amazon?
Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by mascot87(m): 1:16pm On Sep 10, 2019
izzou:
No need to cry bro.

There are millions of youths in this country who are in the same boat with you. Some are above 30 sef

My only advice: Fight for what you want. I don't know the steps to give you, but what I know is, wake up with that mentality that the day must be better

As for your relationship, you can drop it if you both can keep up. It's both for your good and her good too

I wish you well

That guy is 27 and I am 32. If he knows what I am going through,he will thank God for his own situation

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by TemmyT002(m): 1:16pm On Sep 10, 2019
The problem with many people these days is wanting more than they can afford. They see other people doing well and then conclude that their lives should be the same.
Most of the time, it is always about money.
You have a job that many people would do anything to get.
A bird in hand is better than 20 in the bush.
Enjoy what you have right now. Encourage yourself to like it no matter how boring it is and assure yourself that something better will show up in the nearest future.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by emmaodet: 1:22pm On Sep 10, 2019
IamCharles123:

Lol, i have one girl in my class like that, she can make mouth for africa saying she wont accept 80k job, i just look her dey laff, we are currently serving, I'm hoping things go well for her sha, but i just dey observe her with one kind eye from far.
And our churches are not helping, i remember her telling me her case is different n all those church motivational stuff.

My bro, time will tell and reality will don on him
Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by emmaodet: 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2019
Kenneth10110:

The thing is not everyone will use their certificate to achieve the worst thing is sticking to one plan. If Education no work then starting a small scale business before it rises must work. All one needs is grace of God.

That is the thing.
Have 2-3 plans that are different.
Plan on certificate, outside certificate and another plan entirely from the two

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by franugo(m): 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2019
[quote author=Francisayo post=82068843]My life has always been going well until I lost my dad when I was in year one in university, it shocked me so hard but I still manage to graduate...

left me with no choice than to accept d offer, d pay is 25k per month... Though out of it I'll be d one to pay for rent and furnish i

Hello bro...where are u now?

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by stormborn28(m): 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2019
emmaodet:

Waoooooooooo
Hahahahahhaha
You know one thing? The problem with the youth is that they always think they are special and somehow, they will avoid harsh reality but after nysc and no more support from family again.
They collide with REALITY
hohohohoooo..i have been saying it hear... Most of this undergraduates are so naive that they dream big sitting on a chair in a big company in Lagos, Abuja, P/H...better drop those eyes and start facing reality... Some girls go use puna but nothing go come out of it...

Bro 25k is manageable in a village setting... Think outside the box... See if there is any farm products from that village that you can bring to city centres... God is your strength

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand My Life Any Longer by babtoundey(m): 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2019
You need to understand your dad's demise has nothing to do with what you are facing. This is a social problem it's a challenge most working class graduates battle day in day out. And my friend, you are lucky; You are JUST 27 and you are privileged to get 25k paying job. I don't really have any advice for you because I don't see what you present as a problem - it's just a trend.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Should She Tell Her Fiance About Her Sex Video / Bridesmaids Cry For The Groom And Bride On Their Wedding Day (Photos) / Nigerian Bride & Her Squad Stun In Swimsuit At The Beach (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.