Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths (22861 Views)

APC Vice Chairman, Lukman Resigns Over Imposition Of Ganduje As National Chairma / APC Presidential Primary: I Won’t Allow Imposition Of Candidate - Buhari / NYSC Fake Certificate: Fresh Petition Hits Tribunal Against Bayelsa Deputy Gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by greatefa1011(m): 10:38pm On Sep 09, 2019
Nigeria does not suffer any natural disaster rather it suffer from human behavior in every aspect.

5 Likes

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Okugbe1(m): 10:53pm On Sep 09, 2019
Most Nigerians are not liberal. Thanks to the Europeans and Americans appointing Nigerians and other Africans in various capacity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Nowenuse: 1:28am On Sep 10, 2019
juman:
If uhrobo is minority tribe in bayelsa, they have right to become even governor of the state.

Shaaba lafiagi, a man from small tribe in kwara state.
He was elected as governor in 1990s.

Lafiagi is a Nupe man. Nupes are not a small tribe in Kwara state. The landmass they occupy in Kwara state is more than what Yorubas occupy. Yorubas just have the numbers. Nupes are found in 3 LGAs of Kwara state.
Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Nowenuse: 1:30am On Sep 10, 2019
fritiyo:

Are u ok? who tell u dat there is no ijaw tribe in Delta State. the ijaws in Delta State are equal stakeholders like every other facking tribe.

And the Urhobos of Sagbama LGA are not equal stakeholders in Bayelsa state?

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by kotv: 1:56am On Sep 10, 2019
fritiyo:

Are u ok? who tell u dat there is no ijaw tribe in Delta State. the ijaws in Delta State are equal stakeholders like every other facking tribe.

Just Ignore them. They, the tribalists, just want to be disgusting people they are. They found an avenue to insult is Ijaw like they always do. Just ignore the fools. They are not worth correcting or addressing.
Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by t2luv1: 3:20am On Sep 10, 2019
Pearlyakin:
But you' all were happy when Obama was elected as USA president undecided

To add to that Hillary Clinton was born in Illinois and not in New York State. Guess what she was elected a Senator in New York State. Don't think that can never happen in that Kosi Kosi Country. Always Kosi Owo, Kosi Ina even Kosi Omi.
Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by richPHAROAH: 3:42am On Sep 10, 2019
see if it was south africans that did the shit nigerians did there, nigerians will do worst that what south africans are doing. jut check naija, even if you are from the same state, you cant do shit if you are from another tribe. imagine if na another country.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by jjohndoe83: 3:47am On Sep 10, 2019
@justwise

this is probably, the only way to reach out to you. My apologies in advance for posting in the wrong section, my email has not been resopnded to [I doubt if the 'Mail Mods' feature in Travel section actually works.

I would very much like to know why you slapped me with a ban in the Travel section till 2021 for allegedly posting an advert or affiliate link. I did not post any link and this accusation is false! Kindly point me to one link.

On the day of the ban, I had suggested a Telegram group to another member of the forum for purposes unrelated to Canada Express Entry. I contend that this is not POSTING an advert or POSTING an affiliate link. Again, the supposed offending post is not in any way related to migration to Canada and does not defeat the purpose of the thread. You may not have liked my post but suggesting the creation of a Telegram group (as opposed to posting a link to one) is not an offence on Nairaland. In essence, I have been punished for something that, in black and white, is not an offence.

On a second level, the ban is excessive and not commensurate to the offence. Please note that antispam bot already banned me for a day before I saw your ban. Isn't that enough punishment for an offence that is not clear cut?

I think this decision was unfairly made and should be overturned ASAP so that I can continue to enjoy my life on the thread. I don't need to add the number of times that I have called your attention to offending posts. That tells you that I respect the rules and I don't think it is right to be excluded this way. Please act fast.

Thanks.
Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Emmaino99(m): 3:53am On Sep 10, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Northerners are not Nigerians.

Then the ijaws shouldn't be Niger Delta, PERIOD

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Emmaino99(m): 4:02am On Sep 10, 2019
sammhi:
Xenophobic attack is more in Nigeria than anywhere else
This is pure Xenophobic attack
This is not Xenophobic attack o. It's Ijawphobic attack
Goggle it

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Emmaino99(m): 4:11am On Sep 10, 2019
jchioma:
Seriously, is governor Dickson working for the opposition? Why all these missteps?
Mis what? The man in question is an indigene of Bayelsa from Ofoni community,
Where were the ijaws when he was a commissioner, even one of the sitting Senators in BY is an Urhobo
Is it a crime to be a minority?

6 Likes

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by OAUTemitayo: 4:35am On Sep 10, 2019
Nowenuse:

Lafiagi is a Nupe man. Nupes are not a small tribe in Kwara state. The landmass they occupy in Kwara state is more than what Yorubas occupy. Yorubas just have the numbers. Nupes are found in 3 LGAs of Kwara state.
You really don't know what you are saying

3 Likes

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by KingWarri: 5:24am On Sep 10, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

what happened to his home state?

home state?
We have seen Nigerians becoming senators in Other countries... And besides, there are minorities in bayelsa
Too. Urhobo is one of them...

Travel and see for yourself..

4 Likes

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by KingWarri: 5:26am On Sep 10, 2019
Emmaino99:
Where were the ijaws when he was a commissioner, even one of the sitting Senators in BY is an Urhobo

Don't mind those educated illiterates

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by KingWarri: 5:27am On Sep 10, 2019
Emmaino99:
This is not Xenophobic attack o. It's Ijawphobic attack
Goggle it

grin
Look at my Kwanfri
Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by KingWarri: 5:38am On Sep 10, 2019
fritiyo:

the same goes to this man in question.... Urhobos are equal Stakeholders in Bayelsa state... Because we have a Lga there too....

Fvck Off.....
[color=#e33bc00]
Educate yourself [/color]

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by vineyardfarms: 6:18am On Sep 10, 2019
[quote author=RockHard post=82071211]https://thenationonlineng.net/we-wont-allow-imposition-of-urhobo-as-bayelsa-deputy-gov/

IJAW, URHOBO AND ISOKO ARE AMONG THE ETHNIC TRIBES THAT MAKE UP BAYELSA STATE. MISGUIDED BIGOTS DANCING TO THEIR POLITICAL SPONSORERS. WHAT HAS BEING THE ACHIEVEMENT OF THE IJAW GOVERNORS RACISM FARGOT FOOLS. WHAT IS IMPORTANT IS EXPIRENCE AND NOT TRIBE. IYC HAVE YOU EVER VOTED YOUR CONSCIENCE FOOLS, ANIMALS GOATS IN THE MAKING.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Perkins2018: 8:13am On Sep 10, 2019
Nowenuse:

And the 3 local governments are bigger than the 12 local governments of the Yoruba?
Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by jchioma: 8:18am On Sep 10, 2019
Emmaino99:

My bad. I did not know that the Urhobos are indigenous to Bayelsa state and that the man in question has held high office in his state of origin. I wish them Godspeed.

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by rhythyson: 9:05am On Sep 10, 2019
savagemani:
first to comment show me some love cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked

Ekiti weed dey work

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Xisnin(m): 9:29am On Sep 10, 2019
prekumohtim:

Are you ok Do you reason at all ? Have you ever seen a Benin man elected as a governor of Lagos state despite of the closeness? You can as aware say a Ghaninian should be elected as the president of Nigeria because we are all from West Africa . Try to reason before you write anything. Don't just talk because others are talking
You are just another caveman who is suffering from tribalistic and clannish thinking.

Mimiko, a man of Kogi heritage was elected the governor of Ondo state.
Saraki's heritage is from Mali and they later migrated from Ogun to Kwara,
that didn't stop him from becoming the governor.
There are plenty more examples.

According to our constitution, a Ghanaian that is not a Nigerian cannot contest the presidency.
However, a person of Ghana heritage but who is a Nigerian and participates in Nigerian politics will be accepted.

You didn't make any sense by equating west Africa with a state in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Xisnin(m): 9:35am On Sep 10, 2019
meccuno:
and when has there been any time the minorities indicated or are agitating for a separate state like the Igbos? So because of this incident now those who want to chart a course for their path cannot because of what a minority group wants? The Igbos and the Ijaws are very different people. Your logic is wrong.
A lot of minorities have issued the threat of secession.
Even the Igbo secessionist are trying to coopt many of them
through propaganda.

With regards to tribalism, Igbos are not different from the Ijaws.
Many Igbo people won't marry from Mbaise.
Don't ask me for proof, because if you are not an Igbo impostor, you already know who and why.

There is the recent news of a catholic bishop being rejected because he is not from Mbaise despite
being an Igbo man. We haven't forgotten the Umuleri and Aguleri conflict.

Even some minority Igbo clans are suffering politically in various Igbo states.

You see, you are not different from the Ijaws.

3 Likes

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by pazienza(m): 9:43am On Sep 10, 2019
Xisnin:

A lot of minorities have issued the threat of secession.
Even the Igbo secessionist are trying to coopt many of them
through propaganda.

With regards to tribalism, Igbos are not different from the Ijaws.
Many Igbo people won't marry from Mbaise.
Don't ask me for proof, because if you are not an Igbo impostor, you already know who and why.

There is the recent news of a catholic bishop being rejected because he is not from Mbaise despite
being an Igbo man. We haven't forgotten the Umuleri and Aguleri conflict.

Even some minority Igbo clans are suffering politically in various Igbo states.

You see, you are not different from the Ijaws.

You are a very unfortunate person.
There is no proof whatsoever of Igbos not marrying from Mbaise. Mbaise has the costliest bride price in Igboland, not many young men can afford it. It has nothing to do with discrimination.

The Catholic priest rejection was simply local people expressing their grievance of having their own priests snubbed for a non local priest. Their resistance were understandable.
And what About Modakeke vs Ife? Offa vs their neighbors? See, don't be unfortunate in this your life.

Which one is "minority Igbos", no such thing exists.

Igbos and Ijaws are a different people.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Titogbanski: 10:01am On Sep 10, 2019
FAKE NEWS BY THE NATION TO CREATE DISHARMONY AND TENSION IN THE NIGER DELTA.......

DID THE DEPUTY GOV CANDIDATE IMPOSE HIMSELF OR HE IS BEING SPONSORED BY SAME IJAW PEOPLE TO SHOW THAT THEIR STATE IS CONSCIOUS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. THE CURRENT COMMISSIONER OF WORKS IN THAT STATE IS AN URHOBO....APPOINTED BY SAME IJAW PEOPLE AND IJAW GOVERNOR. URHOBO AND ISOKO AREAS IN BAYELSA ARE RECOGNISED AND DEVELOPED BY THE SAME IJAW PEOPLE. I BELIEVE AN URHOBO WAS SPEAKER OR DEPUTY SPEAKER AT A TIME...URHOBO AND ISOKO NEWS/MUSIC ETC ARE AIRED IN THEIR STATIONS.

THE IJAWS ARE AS OPEN AND LIBERAL AS YOU CAN IMAGINE...JUST LIKE LAGOS PEOPLE WHO GIVE APPOINTMENTS TO OTHER NIGERIANS NOT EVEN FROM THE STATE. LETS COMMED THEM AND STOP THIS STAGE MANAGED PROPAGANDA NEWS BY THE NATION NEWPAPERS TO CAUSE CONFUSION IN THE NIGER DELTA.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Titogbanski: 10:04am On Sep 10, 2019
[quote author=vineyardfarms post=82085282][/quote]

DONT BE DECIEVED.....IT IS THE NEWSPAPER TRYING TO SOW THE SEED OF DISCORD.....YOU CAN SEE THAT PLOT IS ANCHORED FROM DELTA.....THE PEOPLE OF BAYELSA ARE VERY LIBERAL AND MUCH MORE CARING TO THEIR MINORITIES..

SOMEBODY IS ANGRY THAT THEY ARE SHOWING GOOD EXAMPLE.......

THIS IS A STAGED STORY
Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by madenigga(m): 10:06am On Sep 10, 2019
abc115:

Being elected is different from being a candidate. Anybody can be a candidate for an election, but the choice is left for people to decide.

Do you know that the immediate past Governor of Bauchi State is an indigine of Kogi State. But Bauchi, mostly Fulani people still went ahead to elect him. This is the North, most Southerners refer as backward. SMH
Oga where Is your proof, don't come here and lie o
Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Xisnin(m): 10:06am On Sep 10, 2019
pazienza:

[s]You are a very unfortunate person.
There is no proof whatsoever of Igbos not marrying from Mbaise. Mbaise has the costliest bride price in Igboland, not many young men can afford it. It has nothing to do with discrimination.

The Catholic priest rejection was simply local people expressing their grievance of having their own priests snubbed for a non local priest. Their resistance were understandable.
And what About Modakeke vs Ife? Offa vs their neighbors? See, don't be unfortunate in this your life.

Which one is "minority Igbos", no such thing exists.

Igbos and Ijaws are a different people. [/s]
I wouldn't have replied to you if I knew you were this foolish.
My initial comment still stands. Nigeria is far better than any
minority country that can result from its breakup.

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by pazienza(m): 12:49pm On Sep 10, 2019
Xisnin:

I wouldn't have replied to you if I knew you were this foolish.
My initial comment still stands. Nigeria is far better than any
minority country that can result from its breakup.

Then you should have no qualms letting those minorities leave so that they can go suffer in their minority countries while you enjoy your Boko haramic Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by omoharry(f): 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2019
naijadrivablog:
But Urhobos are minorities in Bayelsa State na.

Ijaws wanted to have an Ijaw state but somehow, Urhobos live with them.

They should include Urhobos in governance too.

Urhobo wado!!!
Urhobo is in Delta state and they are Majority group there oo! abi we get another Urhobo people that are Bayelsans too?
Re: We Won’t Allow Imposition Of Urhobo As Bayelsa Deputy Gov - Ijaw Youths by Papus247: 12:59pm On Sep 10, 2019
For the overall victory of PDP in Bayelsa State, the running mate to Hon Douye Diri could come from anywhere.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ahmed Sanni In Court For Corruption Today (Photos) / Funke Olakunrin Died Serving The Poor - Tinubu [Photos] / #RevolutionNow: FG Discontinues Treasonable Felony Trial Against Sowore, Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.