Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,429 members, 7,781,247 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:16 AM

10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents (8418 Views)

Exposed Serious Fraud Voting In The East... Igbos I Hail Una Oo / Soludo: Unknown Gunmen Are Igbos Who Kill For Human Organs / Nigerian Presidents/Heads Of State From 1960 Till Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by astrodome: 7:15pm On Sep 09, 2019
In no particular order; just randomly listed:

1. Governor Umahi of Ebonyi State (has executive and technical experience. He is an Engineer)
2. Governor (former) Peter Obi (has executive, business and VP electoral experience)
3. Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (arguably the most accomplished (currently) economist from Africa, and the initiator of the forgiveness of Nigeria's debt by the World Bank during the Obasanjo's regime; has managerial, administrative, and foreign relations experience; multiple time minister in Nigeria)
4. Dr. Kingsley Muoghalu (former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank, university professor, economist and having Presidential electoral experience; young and digitally wired unlike analogue Buhari)
5. Prof. Chukwuemeka Soludo (the most impactful Central Bank Governor ever, university professor, and serious economic guru)
6. Dr. Chris Ngige (former Gov. of Anambra; has executive experience, has administrative experience, was/is a medical officer, and actually a very serious minded person; he is in the ruling party)
7. Mr. Willie Obiano, governor of Anambra State (has executive and management experience)
8. Mr. Sullivan Chime, former Governor of Enugu State (has executive experience; left Enugu state much better than he met it; he is in the ruling party now)
9. Mr Ben Akabueze (former Commissioner for Budget and Economic Planning under Tinubu and Fasola; he is in the ruling party)
10. Mrs. Obi Ezekwesili (Yes, Oby hahahaha - Nigeria needs a revolutionist who can go against the established system, just like Trump)

Honorable mention:

Mr Uchechukwu Ogah [(current Minister for State for Mines and Steel; very successful industrialist; he is in the ruling party). However, too early to call until we see how he performs during this period]

This list is limited to South East Igbos who are either currently in Nigeria or those who have had significant Nigerian experience in the last several years. Igbos outside Nigeria without significant Nigerian experience are excluded.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by astrodome: 7:15pm On Sep 09, 2019
Igbos of South East who MUST not be president

1. Orji Uzoh Kalu (former Abia governor; then PDP, now APC)
2. Rochas Okorocha (former Imo governor; APC)
3. Okezie Ikpeazu (current Abia governor; PDP)
4. Pius Anyim Pius (former Senate President and Secretary to the Government of GEJ)
5. Theodore Orji (former Abia governor; PDP)

I will support a Yoruba in 2023 if any of these is the candidate.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by SLAP44: 7:21pm On Sep 09, 2019
Nice list, my picks

1. Peter Obi
2. Mrs. Okonjo Iweala
3. Dave Umahi

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 09, 2019
Umahi is simply a media governor.

In circles of what is really happening, they know better than you do..

That he puts up flyover and flag off flaggables is not criteria...

For now, he is a media governor and doesn't stand any chance...

Governors that plays on the instincts of masses are simply jokes..

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by astrodome: 7:23pm On Sep 09, 2019
MelesZenawi:

That he puts up flyover and flag off flaggables is not critery...

Governors that plays on the instinctd of masses are simply jokes..

All Nigerian governors and leaders are media leaders. True or false?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by olu77(m): 7:24pm On Sep 09, 2019
Impressive list in my opinion. Who will bell the cat? In other words who will vote someone that has sense? People will rather vote Deziani if she contest against any of this credible - to some extent - options. They will be like 'she has repented, she used to be a thief but she is now a saint.'

1 Like

Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by SLAP44: 7:25pm On Sep 09, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Which Nigerian politician is not a media governor?

At least Umahi has a lot of already commissioned projects despite his lean purse.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by SLAP44: 7:27pm On Sep 09, 2019
olu77:
Impressive list in my opinion. Who will bell the cat? In other words who will vote someone that has sense? People will rather vote Deziani if she contest against any of this credible - to some extent - options. They will be like 'she has repented, she used to be a thief but she is now a saint.'

Deziani has been rich even before she was unfortunate enough to handle Nigerias petroleum ministry. And her ministry fed the nation to riches. Since she left, you have been borrowing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by astrodome: 7:27pm On Sep 09, 2019
SLAP44:
Sullivan Chime, Former governor, pillar of APC, honest and hardworking. Erudite lawyer with a strong family background.

He is on the list already.

2 Likes

Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by SLAP44: 7:28pm On Sep 09, 2019
astrodome:

He is on the list already.

Okay, I have modified.
Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by astrodome: 7:28pm On Sep 09, 2019
olu77:

Diezani is not Igbo. She is Ijaw (even if maried to an Igbo)

3 Likes

Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by GavelSlam: 7:30pm On Sep 09, 2019
astrodome:
In no order:

1. Governor Umahi of Ebonyi State (has executive and technical experience. He is an Engineer)
2. [s]Governor (former) Peter Obi (has executive, business and VP electoral experience)[/s]
3. Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (arguably the most accomplished (currently) economist from Africa, and the initiator of the forgiveness of Nigeria's debt by the World Bank during the Obasanjo's regime; has managerial, administrative, and foreign relations experience; multiple time minister in Nigeria)
4. Dr[s]. Kingsley Muoghalu (former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank, university professor, economist and having Presidential electoral experience; young and digitally wired unlike analogue Buhari)[/s]
5. Prof. Chukwuemeka Soludo (the most impactful Central Bank Governor ever, university professor, and serious economic guru)
6. Dr. Chris Ngige (former Gov. of Anambra; has executive experience, has administrative experience, was/is a medical officer, and actually a very serious minded person; he is in the ruling party)
7. Mr. Willie Obiano, governor of Anambra State (has executive and management experience)
8. Mr. Sullivan Chime, former Governor of Enugu State (has executive experience; left Enugu state much better than he met it; he is in the ruling party now)
9. Mr Ben Akabueze (former Commissioner for Budget and Economic Planning under Tinubu and Fasola; he is in the ruling party)
10. Mrs. Obi Ezekwesili (Yes, Oby hahahaha - Nigeria needs a revolutionist who can go against the established system, just like Trump)

This list is limited to Igbos who are either currently in Nigeria or those who have had significant Nigerian experience in the last few years. Igbos outside Nigeria are excluded.

All except the 2 etched out are free to run.

4 Likes

Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by nabiz(m): 7:30pm On Sep 09, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Are you from ebonyi state? Don't allow me to chop you raw

10 Likes

Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by olu77(m): 7:31pm On Sep 09, 2019
SLAP44:

Deziani has been rich even before she was unfortunate enough to handle Nigerias petroleum ministry. And her ministry fed the nation to riches. Since she left, you have been borrowing.

That exactly is the problem. You will expect someone who has seen so much money to be able to handle money but reverse is the case. Why not resign instead of ending up on the negative side of history.
Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by astrodome: 7:33pm On Sep 09, 2019
GavelSlam:

Which is the other one you etched out? And if I may ask, what is wrong with Peter Obi?

1 Like

Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 09, 2019
SLAP44:

Which Nigerian politician is not a media governor?

At least Umahi has a lot of already commissioned projects despite his lean purse.

Is not everything that Worth's arguing..

Umahi is not yet seasoned because he uses a sterotype approach which we all know..

He can go to Senate is okay..

Is only people that knows the priority and yearnings of people that I place as been deserved not projects at the detriment of the people..

You start from bottom to top not the other way round.

There are much propaganda attached to him.
Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by SLAP44: 7:36pm On Sep 09, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Umahi is not yet seasoned because he uses a sterotype approach which we all know..

Is only people that knows the priority and yearnings of people that I place as been deserved not projects at the detriment of the people..

Umahi has one thing going well for him, he is AUDACIOUS.

He has this fearless attitude that can break down any problem. The man is a raging bull. This man can dare to move Nigeria with the speed it deserves .

7 Likes

Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by GavelSlam: 7:37pm On Sep 09, 2019
astrodome:

Which is the other one you etched out? And if I may ask, what is wrong with Peter Obi?

He loves corruption.

His views on corruption during the presidential debates tells about how he leans.

4 Likes

Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by olu77(m): 7:37pm On Sep 09, 2019
nabiz:

Oh ok. For every of these 10 people on your list, there are thousands more, who are not very popular, that can deliver the country if giving the chance. Hopefully one day, common sense will begin to matter in our country.
Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by GavelSlam: 7:38pm On Sep 09, 2019
MelesZenawi:

How?
What is wrong with Umahi contesting for president?

1 Like

Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by obailala(m): 7:38pm On Sep 09, 2019
GavelSlam:

Peter Obi is actually the best candidate out of that list, the rest are media noisemakers.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by astrodome: 7:38pm On Sep 09, 2019
GavelSlam:

He loves corruption.

His views on corruption during the presidential debates tells about he leans.
I did not see any views he has that are supportive of corruption
Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by GavelSlam: 7:39pm On Sep 09, 2019
astrodome:

I did not see any views he has that is overly supportive of corruption
Ok.
Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by SLAP44: 7:40pm On Sep 09, 2019
GavelSlam:

He loves corruption.

His views on corruption during the presidential debates tells about he leans.

I assure you, you are very wrong on this.

4 Likes

Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 09, 2019
nabiz:

Are you sure, u can?
Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by astrodome: 7:40pm On Sep 09, 2019
GavelSlam:

Ok.

Who is the other one you etched out?
Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by astrodome: 7:40pm On Sep 09, 2019
SLAP44:

He is completely wrong

4 Likes

Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by GavelSlam: 7:41pm On Sep 09, 2019
SLAP44:

I wasn't the only one that watched the debate.

By the way, you cannot assure me.
Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 09, 2019
Remove 1,6,7,8 and 9.
Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 09, 2019
SLAP44:

Umahi has one thing going well for him, he is AUDACIOUS.

He has this fearless attitude that can break down any problem. The man is a raging bull. This man can dare to move Nigeria with the speed it deserves .

I don't deal on mediocrity because his raging bull can't do anything for Nigeria...

As for been audacious, you can also lie to high heaven's.

1 Like

Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by astrodome: 7:44pm On Sep 09, 2019
GavelSlam:

I wasn't the only one that watched the debate.

By the way, you cannot assure me.

I also watched the debate. If I sensed he was corrupt, let alone loving corruption, he won't be on my list. You can see how carefully chosen that list is. In general, Nigeria as a whole lacks a large pool of good leaders who are well known to the general public. There could be some secret good leaders but they need to come out.

7 Likes

Re: 10 South East Igbos Who Can Be Great Nigerian Presidents by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 09, 2019
RyanD147:
Remove 1,6,7,8 and 9.

Supported.
You have eye.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga / Railway Debt Servicing Exceeds Revenue By 1,200% – Report / Groundbreaking Ceremony Of Africa Medical Center Of Excellence In Abuja (AMCE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.