Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,971 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) (10277 Views)

Ip Address For Free Internet On Zain Zambia Or Mtn Zambia / ****zain Internet Activation***** / Mtn Glo Zain Etisalat, Which Is The Cheapest For Calling. The Winner Is Etisalat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) by Acelifted: 1:56pm On Oct 28, 2010
HI NAIRALANDERS,

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH INFORMATION ON HOW TO USE MY PHONE AS A MODEM FOR BROWSING WITH MY LAPTOP (MTN, GLO, ZAIN etc)? ITS A DATA CABLE ENABLED NOKIA PHONE. SOMEONE SAID I NEED TO DOWNLOAD PC SUITE SOFTWARE AND ACTIVATE USING CERTAIN ACTIVATION CODE. PLS NOTE THAT I AM NOT ASKING FOR THE FREE VERSION. I WILL HAVE TO ACTIVATE A DATA BUNDLE ON MY MOBILE PHONE.

THANKS
Re: How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) by bizpreneur(m): 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2010
OH YES,U CAN ACTUALY AV IT ACTVATED&CONFGURED IF ONLY U AR WLING 2 BRNG IT 2 OUR OFIC @ IKJA&AV IT DONE 4 U IN UR PRSENT INSTANTA,PROVIDED UR FONE CAN COMNCATe WIT UR SYSTEM,ALSO WE AV D READLY DOWNLOADED PC SUITES OF ANY KND OF PHONS(paid version nt free trial),BT AR U ACTUALY IN LAGOS OR WHOT? 08098219881, STAY BLESSD!
Re: How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) by Acelifted: 9:26pm On Oct 28, 2010
I am not in Lagos. I was hoping you will give me a guide on how to do it. I am on windows 7. Thank you for the kind response.
Re: How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) by frgy1: 12:54pm On Oct 29, 2010
Pc suits are free, no activation, no key, nothing. Dont be a victim. Just go to nokia's website and download it. Install on ur pc. When u run d program it wil direct you on what to do. Connect your phone bla bla bla.any problem, com back and niralanders will help you
Re: How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) by Acelifted: 11:45pm On Nov 02, 2010
@ frgy

Thankx man. I will do as advised. truly grateful!
Re: How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) by Ifedisky(m): 11:07am On Nov 03, 2010
Install and run your phone PC Suite. Play the Disc that came with the phone pack or download online. You'd get instructions of how to connect after running the suite. You'll be prompted to either use settings already in your phone or input new one. Chose. Remember, for glo, the setting for PC Is differnt; you use gloflat. Get back if ur lost anywhere
Re: How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) by Acelifted: 2:56pm On Nov 03, 2010
Thanks Ifedisky. I will do so and get back to you. am truly grateful.
Re: How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) by Acelifted: 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2010
Ifedisky,

I use windows 7. Is there a pc suite software already for that? I had it is difficult.
Re: How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) by WackyJ1(m): 3:08am On Nov 04, 2010
1. Download PC suite from Nokia website. Make sure you choose the one that matches your phone.
2. Connect your phone to the Laptop.
3. Open the Pc suite and click one touch access.
4. Once you click it, it will begin automatic connection, once it connects you are good to go.
Re: How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) by frgy1: 9:41pm On Nov 04, 2010
Acelifted:

Ifedisky,

I use windows 7. Is there a pc suite software already for that? I had it is difficult.
no.it isnt difficult. i use windows 7 too, and everything works perfect. same pc suite
Re: How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) by Ifedisky(m): 11:52am On Nov 05, 2010
Acelifted:

Ifedisky,

i use an Acer Windows 7 too. But I had issues installing the pc suite that came with my old p990, I kept getting 'system cant run app ' signal so I went online and downloaded the Suite online. That means u'd need a modem for internet connection.
Re: How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) by frgy1: 4:20pm On Nov 05, 2010
wat modem again? aint u trying to useur phone as the modem? u u can even do that withouta pc suite, but it could get a bit techy
Re: How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) by Acelifted: 4:21pm On Nov 06, 2010
@ WackyJ1

I am grateful for that piece of information. it is appreciated.
Re: How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) by WackyJ1(m): 7:31pm On Nov 06, 2010
frgy_:

wat modem again? aint u trying to useur phone as the modem? u u can even do that withouta pc suite, but it could get a bit techy

Tell me how to do it man. I've got an old system at home that's got a processing speed of 700mhz and windows XP professional 2000 OS so it doesn't support any of the latest PC suite only PC suite 5.8 which desn't support the cable i use. I need this info so i can connect my PC to the internet via phone.
Re: How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) by frgy1: 8:18pm On Nov 06, 2010
WackyJ1:

Tell me how to do it man. I've got an old system at home that's got a processing speed of 700mhz and windows XP professional 2000 OS so it doesn't support any of the latest PC suite only PC suite 5.8 which desn't support the cable i use. I need this info so i can connect my PC to the internet via phone.
Usualy, d pc suite defines d aces point u conect with, so witout 1, dat means u'l hav to do dat urself. Wia 2 set it depends on ur phone.for s60: settings>admin setting>packet data> access point.
For normal nokia java phones, s40 :setings >conectivity>pkt data >pkt data setings> acces point
Then u set up a dial up conectn on ur system(provided it has installed d fone modem succesfuly, which it should do automaticaly as u plug the phone), then folow d wizard . When prompted for dial up number use *99#
Re: How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) by WackyJ1(m): 11:03pm On Nov 06, 2010
when i connect the phone to the PC what setting should i select
Pc Suite
Data Storage or
Printing and Media?

And how would i know whether the system has selected my phone as a modem. Where would i go to find out.
Re: How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) by frgy1: 1:12am On Nov 07, 2010
WackyJ1:

when i connect the phone to the PC what setting should i select
Pc Suite
Data Storage or
Printing and Media?

And how would i know whether the system has selected my phone as a modem. Where would i go to find out.
select pc suite. when creating the diial up connection, it will ask you for which modem to use , so u choose your phone modem.
Re: How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) by kcollins122: 11:21pm On Jan 11, 2011
hello please can anybody in the house try to tell me how to set indian web proxy to work with yahoo messenger and window live messenger also.God bless

(1) (Reply)

Guys, Infinix Have A New Product / Improved 3G Speed With Your Airtel 2G Data (confirmed) / Airtel's Fraudulent Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.