Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks (40832 Views)

Xenophobic Attacks: Wizkid Slams Celebrities For Dumb Stupid Comments / Toke Makinwa Blasted On Social Media Over Comment On Xenophobic Attacks / Daddy Freeze Boycotts South African Products Over Xenophobic Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by id4sho(m): 5:40am On Sep 10, 2019
Yvonne Chaka Chaka's daughter Fortunate is one of several business owners who lost merchandise worth thousands of rands when looters destroyed her store in Maboneng, Johannesburg and made off with all its stock this past weekend.
The musician arrived home from Namibia on Sunday to learn that her daughter's store had been hit by thugs.
"They stole everything, all the clothes and everything in the shop. Even the mannequins are on the floor. It is terrible. There was a lot of damage."
Ma Yvonne said her daughter and the store's staff heard the looters, but couldn't stop the attacks.
"She is fine. It is very sad but we are just glad she and her staff are safe. It is a very big blow."

@YvonneChakaX2
Came back from Namibia this is what I found my daughter s shop broken into and looted I am shuttered lawlessness

Ma Yvonne said her daughter was self-funded and hired 35 staff members, including seamstresses, at a factory.
"I try to fund her as much as I can but she is very independent and put everything she had into the store. There are a lot of losses and we don't know what this means for the future of the shop. We can't continue like this."
The veteran musician condemned the attacks that erupted across the city.
"You try to help other people and do your best for the community, but when something like this happens it is very disappointing. You travel to different countries but when something like this happens, you feel very ashamed as a South African."
She pointed out that the spirit of ubuntu was strong after hurricane Idai devastated Mozambique earlier this year and that many South Africans knew how to help their fellow Africans.
"South Africans have lived with different nationalities and supported other nations. It is sad to see this because I know South Africans are good people."

https://www.timeslive.co.za/tshisa-live/tshisa-live/2019-09-09-yvonne-chaka-chakas-daughter-loses-everything-during-xenophobic-attacks-in-joburg/

2 Likes

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by overdrive(m): 5:43am On Sep 10, 2019
Thank you mr dj for playing my song. Thank you thank you

110 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Karlman: 5:47am On Sep 10, 2019
Don't throw stone into the market....

Let a south African complete the saying.

38 Likes

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by naptu2: 5:48am On Sep 10, 2019
This was one of the biggest hits in Nigeria in 1986.

Yvonne Chaka Chaka - Umqombothi (1986)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl-kqz8CWaU

176 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by helinues: 5:49am On Sep 10, 2019
Na family matters

Before you throw stones inside market......

15 Likes

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by naptu2: 5:50am On Sep 10, 2019
Do you remember the Pepsi advert that Femi Kuti and Yvonne Chaka Chaka did in 1989?

25 Likes

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 5:53am On Sep 10, 2019
35 new jobs lost from one store, while they claim the xenophobic act is as a result of unemployment..

By the time they are done, unemployment may be double of what it is now.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by tayebest(m): 5:54am On Sep 10, 2019
Wetin concern me.. undecided

13 Likes

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by NwaAmaikpe: 5:57am On Sep 10, 2019
shocked

It's a shame if this is the shop of the daughter of a whole Yvonne Shaka Shaka; The Princess of Africa.
A lady who performed for the Queen of England.

Maybe she should go and see Imade and Boluwatife's shops.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by id4sho(m): 5:59am On Sep 10, 2019
naptu2:
Do you remember the Pepsi advert that Femi Kuti and Yvonne Chaka Chaka did in 1989?
Senior, Respect Sir.
what's d name of the track she took her two men pictures to a sorcerer for whom to love.

15 Likes

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by tillaman(m): 6:00am On Sep 10, 2019
undecided
Nor vex Mama it’s a South African thing!!
God will judge them for you ehn, nor vex

5 Likes

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by RiyaGoddess(f): 6:07am On Sep 10, 2019
Waoh.
Yvonne, one of my favorite...
Let me go on YouTube to refreshen memories.
Read my signature.

Do not measure your life by another persons life but rather Measure your today against your yesterday.
Good Morning FAM

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Ishilove: 6:25am On Sep 10, 2019
naptu2:
Nope. I was still in my mother's womb

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Oceannaagent: 6:32am On Sep 10, 2019
Xenophobia
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by RockHard: 6:32am On Sep 10, 2019
naptu2:

This song reign die for Naija back then! So did 'Thank you Mr. D.j'.

28 Likes

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Saheed9: 6:33am On Sep 10, 2019
Own goal is a goal

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Neddstark: 6:34am On Sep 10, 2019
naptu2:

I love this song die

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 10, 2019
She is a drug dealer according to niaraland zombies

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Onlinealaba(m): 6:35am On Sep 10, 2019
So South Africa can't even recognize their distance cousin, Namibia..this women don tey sha at least as I small reach I know Wen her music de reign cool

CHECK MY PROFILE, your electronics at best prices

6 Likes

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by hisgrace090: 6:35am On Sep 10, 2019
Hmm! Very soon the chicken will come home to roost.

I can remember when indegines were celebrating the kidnap of foreigners but now it affect indegines more.

10 Likes

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by LadySarah: 6:36am On Sep 10, 2019
Asa'sLyric in 'Mr jailer '. comes to mind.

When You live in a mkt place,Dont throw stones.If You do You just might hit one of your own.(Exxerpt

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by haleymoon: 6:37am On Sep 10, 2019
South Africa is demonstrating the spirit of animalism in them

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 10, 2019
naptu2:
most of them here were born from 1990. The day I found out I was arguing with someone who was about to write WAEC was the day I gave up. I don't argue with them anymore. No matter how ignorant a comment is, I will just say "yes it's true" .

108 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by banji1(m): 6:39am On Sep 10, 2019
Throw a stone into the market, it may find your relation!

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature for details.

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by anonimi: 6:39am On Sep 10, 2019
Karlman:
Don't throw stone into the market....

Let a south African complete the saying.

Apt........you beat me to it. cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2967340_213_jpeg7c378bb521e826e793a32fa9770a0374

8 Likes

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by wizod(m): 6:39am On Sep 10, 2019
Lazy south africans, i hate dem wit passion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by anonimi: 6:41am On Sep 10, 2019
iAudio:
most of them here were born from 1990. I don't argue with them anymore.

No need to argue with them or anyone.
Simply enlighten them to grow the body of enlightened people with enhanced capacity to contribute positively to your community.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by nototribalist: 6:42am On Sep 10, 2019
Person wey dey sale eggs no dey start fight for market.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by Pavore9: 6:42am On Sep 10, 2019
overdrive:
Thank you mr dj for playing my song. Thank you thank you

Classic, can't forget the day my mum bought the "record"! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by anonimi: 6:43am On Sep 10, 2019
haleymoon:
South Africa is demonstrating the spirit of animalism in them

And the Nigerians who retaliated are demonstrating the witchcraft spirit undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3477544_whatthefuckisthisshitusewhenyouseeauselesscommentorpost_jpegb2cb22972c8bfd4a9aa05b00b32a5b8e

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks by anonimi: 6:43am On Sep 10, 2019
Danobi5920:
Didn't afonjas display this idiocy in Lagos by looting igbo businesses under the guise of xenophobia attack ? undecided. Afonjas and South Africans are cousins.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3491817_facebook20160313224407_jpegd69f7545a2e33a4df5ccfb376a4ff64e

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Reacts To Otedola 5Bn Donation To DJ Cuppy Foundation In A Funny Way / Tayo Odueke Celebrates Daughter, Naomi Suleiman On Her 20th Birthday (Photos) / Toolz Rocks Cleavage-Baring Black Top In New Selfie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.