Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Please Answer This Question Giving Details - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please Answer This Question Giving Details (602 Views)

Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free / Fish Farmers Please Answer / Photos Of Slay Goat That Refused To Breastfeed Her Baby, After Giving Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Answer This Question Giving Details by Mizwisdom(f): 9:07am On Sep 10, 2019
What will you use a plot of land for?
A) Goat farming
B) Poultry
C) Vegetable farm

Why?
Re: Please Answer This Question Giving Details by chukskafor(m): 9:18am On Sep 10, 2019
B and C because output takes a short while for both options

1 Like

Re: Please Answer This Question Giving Details by Mizwisdom(f): 10:55am On Sep 11, 2019
chukskafor:
B and C because output takes a short while for both options

Thanks
Re: Please Answer This Question Giving Details by chukskafor(m): 9:47pm On Sep 11, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Thanks
You are welcome dear

1 Like

Re: Please Answer This Question Giving Details by Retrography(m): 3:30am On Sep 12, 2019
It'll be A: I feel goat farming is less stressful and does not require special skill and attention like a poultry. The risk ain't pretty high.
C: Vegetable farm because there will always be a market for your produce, no matter the location.
You can also sub-divide the plot with a fence to prevent the goats from eating up the vegetables.

1 Like

Re: Please Answer This Question Giving Details by Mizwisdom(f): 8:17pm On Sep 13, 2019
Retrography:
It'll be A: I feel goat farming is less stressful and does not require special skill and attention like a poultry. The risk ain't pretty high.
C: Vegetable farm because there will always be a market for your produce, no matter the location.
You can also sub-divide the plot with a fence to prevent the goats from eating up the vegetables.

Thanks for your contribution, what can I use to make a Fence if I pick A? will barbed wired work? but Hosts are silly I think it might scar them
Re: Please Answer This Question Giving Details by healthserve(m): 8:28pm On Sep 13, 2019
Mizwisdom:
What will you use a plot of land for?

A) Goat farming

B) Poultry

C) Vegetable farm

Why?

Poultry.

You can easily make 100 to 300 crates per week and start a neighborhood business with this.

1 Like

Re: Please Answer This Question Giving Details by Mizwisdom(f): 8:30pm On Sep 13, 2019
healthserve:

Poultry.

You can easily make 100 to 300 crates per week and start a neighborhood business with this.

The work looks cumbersome to me, it seems like it would be time consuming too
Re: Please Answer This Question Giving Details by healthserve(m): 8:31pm On Sep 13, 2019
Mizwisdom:

The work looks cumbersome to me, it seems like it would be time consuming too

Speculation. Stay away from negatives when you want to do things in life. My dear, just do it. I can guide you step by step all the way
Re: Please Answer This Question Giving Details by Mizwisdom(f): 8:35pm On Sep 13, 2019
healthserve:

Speculation. Stay away from negatives when you want to do things in life. My dear, just do it. I can guide you step by step all the way

Thanks, I appreciate. Please guide me here so that others can benefit. Firstly, is it not time consuming as I assume?
Re: Please Answer This Question Giving Details by healthserve(m): 8:36pm On Sep 13, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Thanks, I appreciate. Please guide me here so that others can benefit. Firstly, is it not time consuming as I assume?

Agriculture is time consuming

You have to feed them thrice daily

You have to pack poop

If you hire one or two hands, you can fold your hands while work gets done
Re: Please Answer This Question Giving Details by Mizwisdom(f): 8:41pm On Sep 13, 2019
healthserve:

Agriculture is time consuming

You have to feed them thrice daily

You have to pack poop

If you hire one or two hands, you can fold your hands while work gets done

I would like to hire but when a business hasn't started yielding profit it wouldn't make much sense to me for now. Please go on I'm listening
Re: Please Answer This Question Giving Details by healthserve(m): 8:44pm On Sep 13, 2019
Mizwisdom:

I would like to hire but when a business hasn't started yielding profit it wouldn't make much sense to me for now. Please go on I'm listening

Set your eyes on starting first. Quarter plot dedicated to poultry housing. The other spaces for movement, storage of poop etc.

A carpenter that has handled this before should be contacted so with dimensions you'll be told what materials you need to buy.

Focus on setting up the house first.

This is the first thing.

Imagine it costs 250k to get the housing together which can be done in just ten days. The next thing to do is seek for day old chicks seller, the seller will provide you with vaccination program that will be employed in raising them the first few weeks along with other details you should follow.

1 Like

Re: Please Answer This Question Giving Details by Mizwisdom(f): 8:49pm On Sep 13, 2019
healthserve:

Set your eyes on starting first. Quarter plot dedicated to poultry housing. The other spaces for movement, storage of poop etc.

A carpenter that has handled this before should be contacted so with dimensions you'll be told what materials you need to buy.

Focus on setting up the house first.

This is the first thing.

Imagine it costs 250k to get the housing together which can be done in just ten days. The next thing to do is seek for day old chicks seller, the seller will provide you with vaccination program that will be employed in raising them the first few weeks along with other details you should follow.

Golden, thank you
Re: Please Answer This Question Giving Details by healthserve(m): 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Golden, thank you

So first the housing

Next planning

Number of chicks

Cost of feeding, you need to have an estimation from day old till maturity

Then heat source for day old chicks

Plan medications with the help of the chicks seller or veterinarian

Take it one step at a time, and you're good
Re: Please Answer This Question Giving Details by Mizwisdom(f): 9:03pm On Sep 13, 2019
healthserve:

So first the housing

Next planning

Number of chicks

Cost of feeding, you need to have an estimation from day old till maturity

Then heat source for day old chicks

Plan medications with the help of the chicks seller or veterinarian

Take it one step at a time, and you're good

You will meet abundant favor this month. Any specifications for materials to be used for the housing?
Re: Please Answer This Question Giving Details by healthserve(m): 3:41am On Sep 14, 2019
Mizwisdom:

You will meet abundant favor this month. Any specifications for materials to be used for the housing?

Its best done by a professional who would not just identify the right materials, but quantities and cost. Roofing sheets, planks, rice sacks, nets, drums for water storage and feed storage , pallets are some of the things you'll need

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Register Your Company With Cac Today / We Buy Raw Cassava Tubers 26k Delivered To Us / Imagine This Sight: Palliative Hunters...Palliathieves!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.