Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Police Officer Teaches Class Five Pupils Mathematics After Teachers Fail To Show - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Police Officer Teaches Class Five Pupils Mathematics After Teachers Fail To Show (2684 Views)

Which Nigerian University Still Teaches This Course? / Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! / UNN Lecturer Teaches An Empty Class After Chasing Out All Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Officer Teaches Class Five Pupils Mathematics After Teachers Fail To Show by Angelawhite(m): 6:11pm On Sep 10, 2019
A police officer stationed at the border of Kenya and Ethiopia has put down his gun to teach class five pupils after teachers failed to show up over fear of insecurity.

Jairus Mulumia was part of a security team deployed at Forole Primary School following a series of banditry attacks in the area that left several people dead.

In a Facebook post by Education Development Trust, Africa, Mulumia asked the school teacher to allow him teach the pupils after their teachers failed to report over insecurity.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10200560_aah4vbl_jpeg_jpeg85d4cb8a8d106290efae6c60a1b62bf7

"After getting permission from the headteacher, Mulumia, a trained teacher, got into class 5 and started teaching mathematics," said Education Development.
Incidentally, when officers from the non-governmental organization visited the school they found only girls in that class had the courage to attend school.

The school is a beneficiary of a United Kingdom aid funded project dubbed Wasichana Wetu Wafaulu.

1 Like

Re: Police Officer Teaches Class Five Pupils Mathematics After Teachers Fail To Show by Amazingman(m): 6:37pm On Sep 10, 2019
Ohh Nigeria
Re: Police Officer Teaches Class Five Pupils Mathematics After Teachers Fail To Show by nicepoker101(m): 9:23pm On Sep 10, 2019
Most of them here only know how to handle olden days riffle and be harassing innocent civilians. Officer Bayo come and see your mate here. Your own is to receive bribe daily. grin

4 Likes

Re: Police Officer Teaches Class Five Pupils Mathematics After Teachers Fail To Show by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 10, 2019
Nigeria, when shall we hear good from thee

Our officers cannot speak good pidgin, how do you expect them to teach?
Re: Police Officer Teaches Class Five Pupils Mathematics After Teachers Fail To Show by crestedaguiyi: 5:48am On Sep 11, 2019
Except he is off duty,He should be queried. That's not his job.
If he has done his job so well the school teacher would have been there doing the teaching .

3 Likes

Re: Police Officer Teaches Class Five Pupils Mathematics After Teachers Fail To Show by xtivin2: 7:36am On Sep 11, 2019
crestedaguiyi:
If he has done his job so well the school teacher would have been there doing the teaching .
You are a perfect example of how our leaders and so called administrators behave and reason. The girls risked coming to school while the boys didn't even show up only for their teacher to abscond. Think of the joy in those children and not your judgemental reasoning pls. If you like sack him, nature will employ him for his kindness. As for doing his job, no matter how efficient and hardworking you are, if you have a poor government policy you will never add value.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Officer Teaches Class Five Pupils Mathematics After Teachers Fail To Show by mysteryman2014: 7:52am On Sep 11, 2019
crestedaguiyi:
My thought also, what if the bandits attack will he be able to recover on time, like he is exposing the kids to danger.
He could later be blamed for doing the right thing at the wrong time.
Re: Police Officer Teaches Class Five Pupils Mathematics After Teachers Fail To Show by femi4: 7:54am On Sep 11, 2019
Teaching class 5 elementary arithmetic ......I weep for Kenya
Re: Police Officer Teaches Class Five Pupils Mathematics After Teachers Fail To Show by PrincessB1(f): 8:23am On Sep 11, 2019
Weldone Mulamia.

But you gat to be at alert too.
Re: Police Officer Teaches Class Five Pupils Mathematics After Teachers Fail To Show by Sicksoul: 8:27am On Sep 11, 2019
With the topic, I was expecting Europe or Amerika but phew,I saw black police nevertheless I knew it wasn't Nigeria. I'm not saying Nigeria police are dumb but they have a more profitable adventure at the road.

NPF is such a bad institution, the last time a policeman told me he's a master degree holder, i almost wept.
Re: Police Officer Teaches Class Five Pupils Mathematics After Teachers Fail To Show by Mr2wealth: 9:08am On Sep 11, 2019
femi4:
Teaching class 5 elementary arithmetic ......I weep for Kenya

What do you expect! At least he is doing something. Nigerian police will not have the time and brain to teach primary 2.
Re: Police Officer Teaches Class Five Pupils Mathematics After Teachers Fail To Show by SUPERPACK: 9:42am On Sep 11, 2019
My name is not god to hear. tink of it how do we cope, grid here any help[color=#000099][/color].
Re: Police Officer Teaches Class Five Pupils Mathematics After Teachers Fail To Show by Csami(m): 10:29am On Sep 11, 2019
crestedaguiyi:

It's not about equal division of labor. It's about an equitable and efficient allocation of resources.
Re: Police Officer Teaches Class Five Pupils Mathematics After Teachers Fail To Show by Godwin2am(m): 11:00am On Sep 11, 2019
crestedaguiyi:
WON ARE VERY STUPID ADD GORDOSITY
Re: Police Officer Teaches Class Five Pupils Mathematics After Teachers Fail To Show by jnoz23(m): 2:59pm On Sep 11, 2019
crestedaguiyi:

Your mumu is infectious
Re: Police Officer Teaches Class Five Pupils Mathematics After Teachers Fail To Show by laribari(m): 3:14pm On Sep 11, 2019
princeking2:
Nigeria, when shall we hear good from thee

Our officers cannot speak good pidgin, how do you expect them to teach?

Don't be fooled by the uneducated one, abi you think NDA is a place where they just shoot gun and do quick match?

There are a lot of officers wey Jamb don frustrate and they had to join the Army.

Those are simply arithmetic na, don't sound as if all Kenya soldiers are scholars.

(1) (Reply)

Federal University Of Tech Lokoja Paonier Student Meet Here / Ede Admission List / [interview] Reasons Why Students Fail Mathematics – MAN President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.