Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,187 members, 7,807,637 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates - Politics (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates (93874 Views)

Why Service Chiefs Were At Buhari’s 2019 Next Level Campaign Launch – Presidency / 'I Will Not Fund Buhari's 2019 Campaign' - Fashola / PoliticsNGR Poll: 70% Vote Against President Buhari's 2019 Re-election Bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by ejimatic: 3:47pm On Sep 11, 2019
CGMedia:
Lawyers have started arriving the Court of Appeal in Abuja, venue of the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal, as the tribunal set to deliver judgment today, Igbere TV reports.

Our correspondent at the venue observed that several journalists and supporters of both parties involved (APC and PDP), have equally gathered at the door of the court hall, waiting for staff to open it.

There is heavy security presence (comprising of army, police, NSCDC) at the court premises, even as security operatives are taking their time to screen people seeking access to the court.

The tribunal is expected to resume at 9am as they decide the fate of PDP and its candidate Atiku Abubakar and President Muhammadu Buhari of the APC over the February 23 presidential election.

Igbere TV recalls that INEC had declared Buhari and the APC as winner of the election, having polled a total of 15,191,847 votes to defeat his closest rival, Atiku, who it said polled a total of 11,262,978 votes.

The five-man panel of justices of the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal, is headed by Justice Mohammed Garba, as Chairman.

http://igberetvnews.com/977003/presidential-tribunal-lawyers-arrive-set-to-deliver-judgement/

. Issue 3 on INEC server decided in favour of the APC ....
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Collee(m): 3:48pm On Sep 11, 2019
*www.motivsub.com*
*THE PRICE OF GOTV, STARTIME, DSTV ETC HAS BEEN REDUCED BY 0.70%*

*MTN DATAz PROMO*(1months validity)
1gig-- #460
2gig--#920
*The price of Gotv, Startime, Dstv etc has been reduced by 0.70%*
BUY AIRTIME AT CHEAPER PRICE
MTN , Glo etc#100 Recharge card will be sold to you for #96
Visit and log in to
https://www.motivsub.com

Create an account and place your order� it's easy,fast and safe� join the whatsapp group to ask questions or make more enquiries

https:///Bnhc8LJcnWF9bRsRhHCPBn
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by fergie001: 3:48pm On Sep 11, 2019
Oral evidence is inadmissible in court....

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by heskeyw(m): 3:49pm On Sep 11, 2019
Factsdontlie. Atiku is mad

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Jones4190(m): 3:49pm On Sep 11, 2019
Auladimeji1:
And you think you will make heaven, I'll petitions upon petition against youcheesycheesycheesy
me that I'm going to heaven, where will you see me
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by ejimatic: 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2019
CGMedia:
Lawyers have started arriving the Court of Appeal in Abuja, venue of the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal, as the tribunal set to deliver judgment today, Igbere TV reports.

Our correspondent at the venue observed that several journalists and supporters of both parties involved (APC and PDP), have equally gathered at the door of the court hall, waiting for staff to open it.

There is heavy security presence (comprising of army, police, NSCDC) at the court premises, even as security operatives are taking their time to screen people seeking access to the court.

The tribunal is expected to resume at 9am as they decide the fate of PDP and its candidate Atiku Abubakar and President Muhammadu Buhari of the APC over the February 23 presidential election.

Igbere TV recalls that INEC had declared Buhari and the APC as winner of the election, having polled a total of 15,191,847 votes to defeat his closest rival, Atiku, who it said polled a total of 11,262,978 votes.

The five-man panel of justices of the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal, is headed by Justice Mohammed Garba, as Chairman.

http://igberetvnews.com/977003/presidential-tribunal-lawyers-arrive-set-to-deliver-judgement/

. PDP lawyers are eating kolanuts and bitter kola. They are tired. I can not blame them .They stood in their chambers when Atiku employed them.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by ejimatic: 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2019
CGMedia:

. The PW 60 is an embarrassment to Nigeria...PDP lawyers are ashamed on the seats.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by CaptainMeks: 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2019
senatordave1:

There are even overflogging the issue so as to make the supreme court judges work easier...

Wrong! He is over-flogging the issue and ensuring he covers EVERY technicality the supreme Court might chance upon to overrule certain judgments already given. This is a very detailed process and Garba is doing an excellent Job and there is no way the supreme court would rule against this judgment based on the way he has been very detailed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Iamgrey5(m): 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2019
Update

Case of Election rigging thrown out because the petitioner failed to prove case beyond reasonable doubt.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by fergie001: 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2019
'I AM NOT AWARE OF A CENTRAL (INEC) SERVER'
Garba adds: "There is no provision authorising the first respondent (INEC) or any of its officers to transfer election results to any of the server. There is also nothing allowing the first respondents to use the smart card reader for result collation. I'm not ware that the central servers have replaced the voter register"

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by positivelord: 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2019
fergie001:

'I AM NOT AWARE OF A CENTRAL (INEC) SERVER'
Garba adds: "There is no provision authorising the first respondent (INEC) or any of its officers to transfer election results to any of the server. There is also nothing allowing the first respondents to use the smart card reader for result collation. I'm not ware that the central servers have replaced the voter register"

Garba sounding more like APC defense lawyer...haba he cant even pretend any more

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by ejimatic: 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2019
CGMedia:

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by fergie001: 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2019
See Atiku, any of these attorneys that come to you to appeal this decision at the SC.....send Rottweilers on him...

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by senatordave1(m): 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2019
CaptainMeks:

Wrong! He is over-flogging the issue and ensuring he covers EVERY technicality the supreme Court might chance upon to overrule certain judgments already given. This is a very detailed process and Garba is doing an excellent Job and there is no way the supreme court would rule against this judgment based on the way he has been very detailed
Its true.northerners are good.if the want to work,they will work well.its over clear unlike the tribunal ruling on adeleke

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by fergie001: 3:58pm On Sep 11, 2019
positivelord:

Garba sounding more like APC defense lawyer...haba he cant even pretend any more
Isa Funtua Abba kyari mamman Daura there, and you expect him to rule otherwise?
Haba, kai mana....

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by senatordave1(m): 3:59pm On Sep 11, 2019
fergie001:
See Atiku, any of these attorneys that come to you to appeal this decision at the SC.....send Rottweilers on him...
The judge just said that allegations must be proven polling unit by polling unit as i've always alleged

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by senatordave1(m): 3:59pm On Sep 11, 2019
fergie001:

Haba, kai mana....
Why are you contradicting yourself
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by fergie001: 4:00pm On Sep 11, 2019
senatordave1:

Its true.northerners are good.if the want to work,they will work well.its over clear unlike the tribunal ruling on adeleke
Stop that and don't handpick judgements that you think don't go your way...its bad.
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Iamgrey5(m): 4:00pm On Sep 11, 2019
positivelord:

I know it would come to this.

The PDP witness is a joke grin

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by senatordave1(m): 4:00pm On Sep 11, 2019
positivelord:

You sound pained

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by positivelord: 4:01pm On Sep 11, 2019
fergie001:

Haba, kai mana....

my broda..honestly i wasnt impress with Atiku lawyers effort...but Garba ruling on Buhari`s certificate is really weird to me (what do i know) I will like to know later if that ruling is unanimous

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by fergie001: 4:01pm On Sep 11, 2019
senatordave1:

Why are you contradicting yourself
Contradict how?
Don't start abeg.....you always like arguments...I dislike that!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Tospringe: 4:02pm On Sep 11, 2019
3.36 pm: It is clear that the results were collated manually -Justice Garba

“The evidence of the five witnesses who claimed that the results were transmitted electronically has no bearing on the requirement of proof expected of the petitioners. It is like a drop in the ocean.

“Electronic voting or transmission of results have no statutory backing. The mode of voting and collation of results have not changed from being manual since 2015,” says tribunal.

Justice Garba recalls the 2015 judgments of the Supreme Court which held that card readers were only recognised for use to authenticate the owner of the voter card.
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Dannyset(m): 4:03pm On Sep 11, 2019
fergie001:

Atiku will go physical with anybody that tries to bring Supreme Court thing to him this time around. grin
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by ejimatic: 4:04pm On Sep 11, 2019
CGMedia:

. issue 4 ..crediting more votes to Buhari.....The tribunal held that no witnesses in all the affected polling units in the 11 states.....It is difficult to accomplish this....As I said any appellant on presidential election is just wasting his time...There is no way you can prove beyond reasonable doubt... It is being decided in favour of APC....PMB stays

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Tospringe: 4:04pm On Sep 11, 2019
3.38 pm: “Card reader machine has not replaced the voter register. A petitioner must rely on the card reader to prove non-accreditation or overvoting,” says tribunal.

The tribunal rules that the evidence and report of PW59, witness 59 of the petitioners, cannot be relied on that there was indeed INEC server or servers, as the case may be, into which the results of the presidential election were transmitted.

Source; https://punchng.com/live-updates-buhari-vs-atiku-tribunal-ruling-on-2019-election/

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by fergie001: 4:05pm On Sep 11, 2019
positivelord:

my broda..honestly i wasnt impress with Atiku lawyers effort...but Garba ruling on Buhari`s certificate is really weird to me (what do i know) I will lie to know later that ruling is unanimous
It's going to be unanimous...

My problem is not the ruling
My own is that some of these rulings could have some effect many years from now.
Look at the Amaechi's case.

I am of the humble submission that he should finish till 2023.....the evidence is weak save for the certificate issue which partially could neither be here nor there.

Unfortunately, no VAR.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by fergie001: 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2019
Dannyset:

Atiku will go physical with anybody that tries to bring Supreme Court thing to him this time around. grin
Mtchew.....

Am talking about Rottweilers and pitbulls, you are saying physical.
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by positivelord: 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2019
fergie001:

It's going to be unanimous...

My problem is not the ruling
My own is that some of these rulings could have some effect many years from now.
Look at the Amaechi's case.

I am of the humble submission that he should finish till 2023.....the evidence is weak save for the certificate issue which partially could neither be here nor there.

Unfortunately, no VAR.

u nail it no VAR

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Obere4u: 4:07pm On Sep 11, 2019
positivelord:

my broda..honestly i wasnt impress with Atiku lawyers effort...but Garba ruling on Buhari`s certificate is really weird to me (what do i know) I will like to know later if that ruling is unanimous

Our constitution, can we now put to rest the certificate issue... Let's focus on the real issue

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by ejimatic: 4:09pm On Sep 11, 2019
CGMedia:

. I said it on this platform that what made Awolowo Buhari Falae lose at the PEPT will make Atiku lose .The election covers 36 States and 774 local governments and thousands of polling units.It is too wide .I have been vindicated.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by fergie001: 4:10pm On Sep 11, 2019
Obere4u:

Our constitution, can we now put to rest the certificate issue... Let's focus on the real issue
This settles the certificate issue......thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (30) (Reply)

More Gas Resources Discovered Offshore Lagos – FG / CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React / Traditional Marriage Of Peter Obi's Daughter, Gabriella Nwamaka Frances Obi

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.