Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,490 members, 7,808,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates - Politics (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates (93882 Views)

Why Service Chiefs Were At Buhari’s 2019 Next Level Campaign Launch – Presidency / 'I Will Not Fund Buhari's 2019 Campaign' - Fashola / PoliticsNGR Poll: 70% Vote Against President Buhari's 2019 Re-election Bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Iamgrey5(m): 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2019
Update

It's a unanimous decision

Five Judges dismiss the petition

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Jorussia(m): 6:01pm On Sep 11, 2019
Atiku never had a water tight case against the election of PMB.I just hope buhari correct the failures of his first term.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by 77up(m): 6:03pm On Sep 11, 2019
Mmlanrehh:
Buhari winning today clearly shows we are not ready as a Nation.
but atiku winning will show una don ready abi grin cheesy

You hypocrite are the real problem of this country, not buhari or atiku.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by 77up(m): 6:07pm On Sep 11, 2019
Jimoh7555:
that can only put innocent families into sorrow Cox both atiku and buhari is not in the court room.

Following
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by CaptainMeks: 6:09pm On Sep 11, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Update

It's a unanimous decision

Five Judges dismiss the petition

This is a clear message for Atiku and his yahoo lawyers if he decides to push to the supreme court. The ruling here was unanimous by all 5 Judges so he should expect no less from the Apex court

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2019
Atiku has gone
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by BluntBoy(m): 6:24pm On Sep 11, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
I dey ma house!!!
No call me for your papa matter.
I know say na him go win! He has the Judiciary in his pocket
I am not moved by these social media trying to give Nigerians false hope!!!
grin
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Iamgrey5(m): 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2019
update

PDP says they are going to Appeal the case.
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by haffaze777(m): 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2019
Yakade:
you will fall, then your train will crash.

keep wailing
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by 9jaBlogger: 6:56pm On Sep 11, 2019
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

TRIBUNAL JUDGMENT IS VICTORY FOR NIGERIANS, SAYS PRESIDENT BUHARI

President Muhammadu Buhari says the ruling of the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal on the February 23, 2019 poll, is victory for Nigerians who trooped out to overwhelmingly elect him for a second term in office.

“Good conscience fears no evil report. I was unperturbed all along, because I knew Nigerians freely gave us the mandate. We are now vindicated,” the President declares.

He dedicates the victory to God, and to Nigerians, while also commending the judiciary for “dispensing justice without fear or favour.”

President Buhari extends a hand of fellowship to those who had felt aggrieved at the outcome of the election, and went to court, noting that it was within their democratic rights.

He notes, however, that with the pronouncement of the judiciary, “it is time for the country to move forward as one cohesive body, putting behind us all bickering and potential distractions over an election in which Nigerians spoke clearly and resoundingly.”

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media and Publicity)
September 11, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Ngochim: 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2019
Don't mind him, during election you see them queuing for a packet of salt, a paint of rice and #500 that will last them for four years, later they will start shouting that they are hungry. Very annoying set of hypocrites. They are the problem of Nigeria
77up:
but atiku winning dwill show una don ready abi grin cheesy

You hypocrite are the real problem of this country, not buhari or atiku.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Chemcrown: 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2019
festacman:

Please EVERYBODY should leave Jesus out this mundane political contestation. The Christians on this thread who punctuated their political wishes with holy name of Jesus are simply suffering from lack of wisdom.
Leaving or adding Jesus to 'mundane political contestation' is not the issue. You can easily attack the person mentioning Jesus (if stooping low and dragging yourself in mud is your identity) but leave Jesus out of it. Jesus never told them to call his name in 'mundane political contestation'.
Shalom
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by MartinsD12(m): 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2019
77up:
how market grin cheesy
Suffering and smiling that what you are zombie
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by NCBMEDIA: 8:27pm On Sep 11, 2019
First Batch Of Nigerians Singing As They Board Plane To Leave South Africa

https://www.youtube.com/embed/fMCGduWI6WY

1 Share

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Skengman: 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2019
CaptainMeks:

This is a clear message for Atiku and his yahoo lawyers if he decides to push to the supreme court. The ruling here was unanimous by all 5 Judges so he should expect no less from the Apex court
Ozekhome said them appealing is as sure as death cheesy cheesy Leaves me to wonder if he’s doing the matter pro bono.
Buhari right now

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by wirinet(m): 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2019

Presidential polls: Tribunal confirms Jonathan’s victory

ABUJA—Respite came the way of President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday, as the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja, in a unanimous judgment , upheld results of the April 16 presidential election that brought him into power.

A five-man panel of justices that presided over a petition that was lodged before the tribunal by the opposition Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, yesterday, said they were satisfied that President Jonathan and his Vice, Namadi Sambo, won the presidential election and were duly returned by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, in accordance with both the Electoral Act and the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Delivering the lead judgment yesterday, chairman of the tribunal, Justice Kumai Bayaang Akaahs, held that the petitioner failed to substantiate its allegation that the presidential poll was fraught with manifest irregularities that substantially affected the result of the election.

Relying on sections 131, 132, 134, 159(1) of the Evidence Act and Supreme Court decided case law in Buhari vs. Obasanjo, Justice Akaahs maintained that the petitioner did not discharge the burden of proof, stressing that all the witness depositions and evidences adduced before the court by CPC, amounted to hearsay.

The tribunal equally discountenanced oral testimonies of 46 witnesses of the CPC who had alleged that President Jonathan and the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, connived with corrupt electoral officials and rigged election in 22 states of the federation.

Though the court noted that the allegation was criminal in nature, it however dismissed it on grounds that it was not supported by empirical evidence.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/presidential-polls-tribunal-confirms-jonathans-victory/amp/

De javu. History repeating itself.
Atiku lawyers should be charged by EFCC for scamming him.
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by ejimatic: 1:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
wirinet:

De javu. History repeating itself.
Atiku lawyers should be charged by EFCC for scamming him.
No body born of a woman will challenge presidential election in Nigeria and Win.Never ever.In the case of Buhari vrs Obasanjo the apex court held that it is impossible to win presidential election matter because of the Nigerian jurisprudence on presidential election matters.
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by ejimatic: 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2019
uzolexis:

A judge utter this rubbish. How is age confirmation of honesty.... I tire for 9ja
. The apex court one ruled that the evidence of an elderly one could be weighed on probability..... Usually at 70 people tend to get closer to God and run away from lying......
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by enhwe24: 1:56pm On Sep 12, 2019
I will advice the judges to delivered judgement base on the fear of God and evidence before them.
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Kinematics: 5:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
The day Onnoghen was taken out of the way I knew Atiku's case became null and void.
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 6:30am On Sep 13, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
I miss Johnnyessence.. grin grin
one of your disciple report my account to the admin that I have multiple accounts on nairaland which isn't true. I was banned for 2 months. you can see that it's not fair at all.
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Biritiko: 9:02am On Sep 13, 2019
Johnnyessence:
one of your disciple report my account to the admin that I have multiple accounts on nairaland which isn't true. I was banned for 2 months. you can see that it's not fair at all.
Stfu .
If dem born you well, say trash to me again.
You will be banned for two years this time
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by Johnnyessence(m): 9:13am On Sep 13, 2019
Biritiko:

Stfu .
If dem born you well, say trash to me again.
You will be banned for two years this time
I'm sorry dear, MA binu simi. I'm sorry for offending you. I won't be active on nairaland this days. got busy for my life and family.
Re: Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates by MrCork: 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2019
uzolexis:

A judge utter this rubbish. How is age confirmation of honesty.... I tire for 9ja

..how much? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

More Gas Resources Discovered Offshore Lagos – FG / CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React / Angry Voters Descend On Bundles Of Cash A Vote Buyer Came With (Video/Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.