Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,857 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm (41074 Views)

Nigerian Man Shows Impressive Transformation Years After He Relocated Abroad / International Students Are Now Allowed To Work In China / 5 Forbidden Places You Are Not Allowed To Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by Gerrard59(m): 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2019
mmsen:

How are they going to be successful when the country is going te be flooded by desperate cretins who don't have the intelligence to fix their own problems?

So what do you recommend? Individuals should return after studies? If yes, which problem has been solved by these returnees so far? What then will you say about those fleeing to Canada?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by Gerrard59(m): 1:39pm On Sep 11, 2019
gypsey:
Yes, there are Jobs and as you have rightly said it depends on the Job.

Decent job? grin what do you mean by a decent Job? there are no such thing as a decent job in the UK.

I have had Graduates who are born in the UK work with me starking shelfs in TESCOs. And loading bin at the back of my refuse truck.

Why is this so? What were their disciplines? Which universities?

2 Likes

Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by seguno2: 2:49pm On Sep 11, 2019
Ugosample:
people migrate all the time.

even Americans Brits and Germans migrate as well

So your logic no follow 100 %

Migrating is not the issue but working on the new environment to improve it instead of simply hoping to chop the sweat of the earlier migrants.

1 Like

Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 11, 2019
Gerrard59:

Why is this so? What were their disciplines? Which universities?
Because Jobs they are qualified in were not readily Available at the time Or Even noneexistence. some of them because of lack of Employments the fields They are Qualified in have had to change their jobs preferences, Acquired Skills in other Available skills or Jobs.
Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by codemaniacs: 3:23pm On Sep 11, 2019
zz
Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2019
Redman44:

The secret in the UK is to know what you are doing as an International Student. You can attend your lectures and do some very good business runs in your free time. You might not even need to look for work while studying. That 20 hours per week work hours given to you will not be enough to take care of your day to day expenses. Become self employed and go into Residential Cleaning business. No one can limit you when you do the so called 'Dirty Jobs'. I won't say more than this. With the money you make, you can process your Canadian PR or Australian PR ETC. You can even save enough to start a cottage industry back in Nigeria, if you know what you are doing. I am not talking about Post Study work. I am talking about earning money during the 12 to 15 Months of your Master's Degree Program. Peace.
Okay, grin if you say so. You make it sound so easy.

You think you will make Thousands of ££ Running a cleaning business? in Just 12 to 15 months? Mate! i started with the so called dirty Jobs, i drove Refuse trucks in london streets for Atleast 8 years After working as a Refuse loader And Now a Delivery lorry driver Around Europe.

What exactly do you mean by the secret in the UK is if one knows what They are doing? grin Are you suggesting that some people don't know what they are doing? or folks who don't run or own a Cleaning businesses don't know what they are doing?

1 Like

Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by Blissbath(f): 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2019
Nice one
edeXede:
International students will be allowed to stay in the UK for two years after graduation to find a job, under new proposals announced by the Home Office.

The move reverses a decision made in 2012 by then-Home Secretary Theresa May that forced overseas students to leave four months after finishing a degree.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said the change would see students "unlock their potential" and begin careers in the UK.

But campaign group Migration Watch called it a "retrograde" step.

Overseas student visa service 'needs fixing'
Australia beats UK for overseas students
University 'still good value for future earnings'
The change will apply to international students in the UK - there were around 450,000 last year - who start courses at undergraduate level or above from next year onwards.

They must be studying at an institution with a track record in upholding immigration checks.

Under the proposals, there is no restriction on the kinds of jobs students would have to seek and no cap on numbers.

"If one needed evidence of a new approach to immigration within government, today's announcement allowing all foreign students to stay for two years after graduation is just that," the BBC's home editor Mark Easton said.

"Where Theresa May introduced what she called a hostile environment around migration rules, with an ambition to reduce net migration to the tens of thousands, Boris Johnson has promised to scrap that target and encourage the "brightest and best" to come and live and work in 'global Britain'."

Chancellor Sajid Javid tweeted that the move was "about time", adding that the government "should have reversed this silly policy years ago".

Former universities minister Jo Johnson - who quit his brother's government last week - tweeted that it was "success at last" after being involved in the cross-party campaign.

Alistair Jarvis, chief executive of Universities UK, welcomed the decision, saying it would benefit the UK economy and reinstate the UK as a "first choice study destination".

"Evidence shows that international students bring significant positive social outcomes to the UK as well as £26bn in economic contributions, but for too long the lack of post-study work opportunities in the UK has put us at a competitive disadvantage in attracting those students," he said.

But Alp Mehmet, chairman of Migration Watch UK, said the decision was an "unwise" step that would "likely lead to foreign graduates staying on to stack shelves".

"Our universities are attracting a record number of overseas students so there is no need to devalue a study visa by turning it into a backdoor route for working here," he added.

Reality Check: Has the 'hostile environment' worked?
Shadow home secretary Diane Abbott said Labour has always said graduates should be able to work here after their studies.

"It enables them to contribute to our economy, our universities and to research, and helps us to attract the brightest and best from around the world.

"It is a great pity that ministers have previously supported measures that did the opposite."

'International collaboration'
The government's announcement coincides with the launch of a £200m genetics project at the UK Biobank, a charity and health resource that contains information and samples from 500,000 people.

The UK Biobank collected DNA samples and health questionnaire information from 500,000 British volunteers over several years and is now open to researchers from anywhere in the world who want to use those resources to develop new treatments for diseases.

The prime minister said projects of this kind wouldn't be possible "without being open to the brightest and the best from across the globe to study and work" in the UK.

Mr Johnson said: "That's why we're unveiling a new route for international students to unlock their potential and start their careers in the UK."

Britain had a "proud history" of being at the centre of international collaboration, he said, adding that it was "bringing together experts from around the globe to work in the UK on the world's largest genetics research project".

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-49655719

Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by ghettochild(m): 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2019
lol, dem don miss our money.. awon werey as dem see say nobody dem come uk come study.. my people please to Europe ooo.. its the best place...
Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by mmsen: 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2019
Gerrard59:

So what do you recommend? Individuals should return after studies? If yes, which problem has been solved by these returnees so far? What then will you say about those fleeing to Canada?

Those ones are almost as stupid but Canada at least used to offer a decent standard of living. Irregardless, Nigerians should face their own problems, cowardice is not to be commended.

2 Likes

Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by salford: 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2019
This is still good news. A diligent student can make enough money to process visas to othet countries like Australia, US or Canada if the UK doesnt work out after two years . I know quite an amount of people that got good jobs and stayed back within that two years as well. They all did masters in Engineering and a few in Nursing.

5 Likes

Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by hybridblood07(m): 4:47pm On Sep 11, 2019
He should use his power to reduce tuition fees. Its very expensive to study in UK
adedayourt:
Thats good news however the more pressing issue is getting such good admission and being able to fund the education.

A welcome development for who can cross those hurdle
Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by adedayourt(m): 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2019
hybridblood07:
He should use his power to reduce tuition fees. Its very expensive to study in UK

I think exchange rate is the major challenge, earning in naira and spending in pounds is not childs play
Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by hybridblood07(m): 4:52pm On Sep 11, 2019
You've a point sir! The citizens are complaining nof the fees. 5k pounds above it too expensive na
adedayourt:

I think exchange rate is the major challenge, earning in naira and spending in pounds is not childs play
Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by adedayourt(m): 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2019
hybridblood07:
You've a point sir! The citizens are complaining nof the fees. 5k pounds above it too expensive na

5k pound is over 2million naira, if u av dat money u ll think twice bfro investing it in education in Uk.

We ll get der, juat a matter of time
Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by hybridblood07(m): 5:08pm On Sep 11, 2019
We all know getting a certificate in UK is an advantage here in Nigeria because u will get a better job. Bro, if you're schedule for an interview and you found out one of the people scheduled schooled on UK, it takes the grace of God to get that job.
Now let's put it this way, if living in UK, How long will u spend 5k pounds?
adedayourt:

5k pound is over 2million naira, if u av dat money u ll think twice bfro investing it in education in Uk.

We ll get der, juat a matter of time
Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by fortran12: 5:10pm On Sep 11, 2019
gypsey:
Offers to do what?

what do you mean by Average?
Job offers in my field I.T.
Being proactive and taking advantage of opportunities is what I consider above average.
Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by RuddyFusion(m): 5:16pm On Sep 11, 2019
gypsey:
Absolutely! 2 years is not enough, before 2014 they Issued students with resident permits After 5 years of continued studies.

That's much better after pouring all that money there ..one should have the option of staying back to work as a professional or returning to their home country
Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by adedayourt(m): 5:26pm On Sep 11, 2019
hybridblood07:
We all know getting a certificate in UK is an advantage here in Nigeria because u will get a better job. Bro, if you're schedule for an interview and you found out one of the people scheduled schooled on UK, it takes the grace of God to get that job.
Now let's put it this way, if living in UK, How long will u spend 5k pounds?

its a different case if u working and earning UK. it will be a lot easy that way

1 Like

Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2019
fortran12:

Job offers in my field I.T.
Being proactive and taking advantage of opportunities is what I consider above average.
Yes, There are more Jobs Available in IT than other Jobs. Hence your Job offers. remember Not Everyone will do IT.

Been proactive and taking Advantage of Opportunities Are Relative. what you would consider an Opportunities or proactivity, other Individuals may not consider them as such.
Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by naijadrivablog: 5:38pm On Sep 11, 2019
mekaboy:
They need money. That's why England sold their match with kosovo. 5-1 first half, after collecting millions , they allowed kossovo score 2 more goals.

It is still our money we will use to pay the fees. Why can't we fix our education and save this money?

1 Like

Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by Redman44(m): 6:52pm On Sep 11, 2019
gypsey:
Okay, grin if you say so. You make it sound so easy.

You think you will make Thousands of ££ Running a cleaning business? in Just 12 to 15 months? Mate! i started with the so called dirty Jobs, i drove Refuse trucks in london streets for Atleast 8 years After working as a Refuse loader And Now a Delivery lorry driver Around Europe.

What exactly do you mean by the secret in the UK is if one knows what They are doing? grin Are you suggesting that some people don't know what they are doing? or folks who don't run or own a Cleaning businesses don't know what they are doing?

Hmn. You still don't understand what I am talking about. You will be the only worker for your cleaning business. It is a personal business and you get your clients yourself by advertising on classified websites. It is a very lucrative business if you are hardworking. I am not saying you should be a cleaner for life smiley smiley smiley, but you can run the cleaning business for a specific period. Yes, within 12-15 Months, you can rake in a lot of money. You can even initially get a cleaning job with a Cleaning company ( There are many of them ) just to know how to clean properly and within a month, you should start looking for your own clients. I know someone who is grossing about £2300 monthly working as a Self Employed cleaner with his own clients and customers. I told him to keep to himself and not to discuss what he is doing with anybody. If you position yourself on ebay for 10 months and sell the right things ( Do your research ), you can make very good money you can use to process your Residence in Canada, Australia etc. This is something Nigerians hide from each other in the UK and USA. But I am spilling it to you here. Another thing is, having a good head and spirit will help you a lot and attract people who need your services to you. Good head and spirit will help you a lot. Cheers.

5 Likes

Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2019
Redman44:

Hmn. You still don't understand what I am talking about. You will be the only worker for your cleaning business. It is a personal business and you get your clients yourself by advertising on classified websites. It is a very lucrative business if you are hardworking. I am not saying you should be a cleaner for life smiley smiley smiley, but you can run the cleaning business for a specific period. Yes, within 12-15 Months, you can rake in a lot of money. You can even initially get a cleaning job with a Cleaning company ( There are many of them ) just to know how to clean properly and within a month, you should start looking for your own clients. I know someone who is grossing about £2300 monthly working as a Self Employed cleaner with his own clients and customers. I told him to keep to himself and not to discuss what he is doing with anybody. If you position yourself on ebay for 10 months and sell the right things ( Do your research ), you can make very good money you can use to process your Residence in Canada, Australia etc. This is something Nigerians hide from each other in the UK and USA. But I am spilling it to you here. Another thing is, having a good head and spirit will help you a lot and attract people who need your services to you. Good head and spirit will help you a lot. Cheers.

Anyway, Good luck to you, i wouldn't need to Emigrate to canada or USA, not that it's a bad Idea. I was born and bred in Highams park East london.

Cheers! bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by Ugosample(m): 9:16pm On Sep 11, 2019
seguno2:

Migrating is not the issue but working on the new environment to improve it instead of simply hoping to chop the sweat of the earlier migrants.

you are right tho

1 Like

Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by Ugosample(m): 9:18pm On Sep 11, 2019
mmsen:

Those ones are almost as stupid but Canada at least used to offer a decent standard of living. Irregardless, Nigerians should face their own problems, cowardice is not to be commended.

how does cowardice comes into this ?
Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by TheCapitalBand(m): 11:24pm On Sep 11, 2019
1. It is condescending that you assume international students do not measure up intellectually to their Brit counterparts
2. Africans aren’t even in the top 3 bulk of international students in the Uk.
3. We have seen over time how immigrants excel in academics and career due to their passion to have a better life in a foreign land irrespective of where they come from (eg the Chinese and Americans who come from a rich economy).
4. Some people will get Jobs, some will start businesses and become employers of both citizenships and immigrants.
5. Some people will marry, some might even die.
6. A lot of people will leave as well
7. This thing is good news for some, it’s equally bad news for some others . Let’s approach it with an open
mind.
8. Bless you smiley
mmsen:

How are they going to be successful when the country is going to be flooded by desperate cretins who don't have the intelligence to fix their own problems?

2 Likes

Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by benugo(m): 4:40am On Sep 12, 2019
Further information
Often referred to as a ‘Post-Study Work visa’ in India, the new Graduate route will launch for the 2020/21 intake of students to university. After the two years, they will be able to switch onto the skilled work visa if they find a job which meets the skill requirement of the route. Further details will be announced in due course.

This rule has not commenced yet... stay vigilant
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-announces-2-year-post-study-work-visa-for-international-students
Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by quickly: 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2019
Uk people will not like this . Why do I think they voted for brexit- because of immigration.

The truth is foreign students compete for work with under educated citizens of the country.
Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by mojounited(m): 10:42pm On Sep 13, 2019
kelvindj98:

Is it the same UK that i'm in. pls come and be making £2300 post tax. I laugh in geordie.
A you a geordie? Newcastle or Northumbria University?
Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by claremont(m): 11:50pm On Sep 13, 2019
TheAlchemist:

I doubt you can be in the uk for 2 years without securing a job.
Even driving uber/bolt as a last resort in the uk should guarantee you a minimum of N1 million naira net a month.. (please google is your friend).
Please don't fall into the trap of converting pounds to naira in the UK. You will definitely secure ''a job'' within 2 years of being in the UK. However, whatever income you save after tax, rent, expenses etc is in pounds, not naira. The people who fall into this trap are people in low skilled or unskilled occupations, and I wouldn't advice the average educated Nigerian to do these jobs.

Good luck.
Re: International Students Now Allowed To Stay In UK For 2 Years After Study- Uk Pm by smithyemy: 2:30pm On Sep 14, 2019
Good afternoon my Fellow colleagues here. Please help me out. Am currently on the stage of getting an updated bank statement for my study visa in the UK. My question is can I submit a statement of account that I have In a MICROFINANCE BANK? I will be glad to get a quick advice from any member of the house that is in better position to help me. Thanks in anticipation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Country Will You Not Go To Even If Given Residence Permit? / 8 Cows Killed In Taraba As Speeding Driver Collides With Them (Photos) / Ghanaian Woman Dies While Driving At Top Speed To Catch Her Cheating Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.