Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership (22238 Views)

5 Car Parts Potholes Can Damage / Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. / 5 Car Noises You Should Not To Ignore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by Highlights1(m): 9:33am On Sep 11, 2019
It's worth noting that pricing of car at the dealership is one of the hardest things you may find yourself doing in your quest to join the elite of car owners in Nigeria. This is because buying a car is a large financial commitment and you do not want to fail in it. The slightest mistake on your part at this point could see the dealer making a huge bonus for himself.

It is, therefore, important to approach the car dealership with all the necessary information that will advance your interest. on your part at this point could see the dealer making a huge bonus for himself.

It is, therefore, important to approach the car dealership with all the necessary information that will advance your interest.

Below are something to do to avoid pricing mistakes and booty trap at the car dealership.

1. Carry Out Research On Cars

To enjoy a successful negotiation at the car dealership, you need to arm yourself with a lot of information about the range of options available to you. Do not go to a dealership without knowing what you want to get. if you make this mistake, you will get what the dealer feels like selling to you. Therefore, it is important you equip yourself in current pricing trends. One easy way to get the price of cars listed for sale in Nigeria is to use theCheki True Price tool, which gives you the current price of Tokunbo and used cars.

2. Know the car Invoice Price

A good bargain at the dealership also depends on intense preparations for the negotiation process. This involves finding out the manufacturer’s suggested retail price, also known as the sticker price as well as the invoice price. Cars are rarely sold at the sticker price, but it gives you an idea of where to begin your bargain from. Usually, you can purchase a car closer to the invoice price than the manufacturer’s suggested retail price. The more knowledge you have of the invoice price, the better your bargaining position during pricing at the dealership.

3. Have one bugget and stick to it.

It is easy to ignore your budget for a car at the car dealership. With those flashy cars before you, a car dealer could persuade you to climb one ladder above what you can afford. If you can afford only a car for N2 million, you don’t want to go hungry by making a move for one that is worth N4 million because the car dealer convinced you that it is a more recent model.

Having a budget gives you an idea of what you can afford. Therefore, a good rule for excelling at the car dealership is having a budget and sticking to it all through the pricing stage.

4. Calculate and estimate the Value of Trade-in

The convenience of driving an old car to a dealership and returning in a new one is a tempting prospect for many car buyers. But if you wish to do a trade-in, it is best to research the value of your car first before going to the dealership with it. This is to prevent under-pricing by the dealer. Likewise, trade-in should be brought on the table after exhausting discussions on the price of the new car.

5. Used the Walk Away strategy

No car is too good to walk away from when the price is not in agreement with your budget.  When negotiating with the dealer, remember that turning your back to walk away is your strongest weapon in the arsenal. Don’t be afraid to use it.

Dealers have a lot of phrases to trick customers into accepting offers that do not meet their expectations or budget. ‘This deal is only good today’ or the next 24 hours is a popular trick by dealers to force you into making up your mind and bending to their wishes. Don’t hesitate to walk away when the negotiation isn’t going in your favour or you feel suspicious. Once you are emotionally invested in the car and you have promised your wife and kids at home that a new ride is coming home, this can be difficult to pull. But it could save you some money in the long run. Most dealers will call you in a day or two, flashing a new and better deal in your face.

In conclusion, car pricing at the dealership could become so stressful that you want to get it over with quickly. However, this doesn’t have to be the case if you want to spend your hard-earned money prudently. Apart from the above-listed mistakes to avoid at the dealership, it is also best to think deeply about the payment options if you are shopping for the car with a car loan. This is to prevent unnecessary financial complications in the future.

SOURCE:https://okfiscal.com/5-things-to-do-to-avoid-car-pricing-mistakes/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by hisgrace090: 9:53am On Sep 11, 2019
The number 5 walk away option is the ultimate, man must be resolute to survive this days.

10 Likes

Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by vastolord4(m): 10:00am On Sep 11, 2019
Walking away? Dude has been walking away even for price of tomatoes.. that's the easiest way to get their attention

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by MrDvc: 1:45pm On Sep 11, 2019
What is this
I have been posting on naira land to reach front page but nothing happened.
But someone just registered on naira land today and his first post reach front page

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by toxxnoni(m): 1:45pm On Sep 11, 2019
True talk
Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by BigIyanga: 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2019
Copy and paste not made for Naija

4 Likes

Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by Kenmatt(m): 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2019
Some business men are still aware that you are just doing "walk away".

In their word; "leave him, he must come back".

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by tillaman(m): 1:48pm On Sep 11, 2019
cheesy
That number 5 is a legendary trick
Back in the day my mom uses the trick all the time and it has never failed the woman!!

Nice one OP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by bigt2(m): 1:48pm On Sep 11, 2019
I'm walking away........ grin

5 Likes

Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by Austema(m): 1:53pm On Sep 11, 2019
MrDvc:
What is this
But someone just registered on naira land today and his first post reach front page
It depends on your topic

1 Like

Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:56pm On Sep 11, 2019
In Craig David's voice...... I'm walking awayyy
Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by lizdammy: 1:57pm On Sep 11, 2019
Thanks for sharing
Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by Meti99(m): 2:03pm On Sep 11, 2019
MrDvc:
What is this

Go and use "wash your head" strategy
Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by martowskin1(m): 2:06pm On Sep 11, 2019
MrDvc:
What is this

Friend of the moderator, they use it to promote their blogs ....
Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by alizma: 2:15pm On Sep 11, 2019
vastolord4:
Walking away? Dude has been walking away even for price of tomatoes.. that's the easiest way to get their attention
I thought I am the only person who use this trick o, chai my trick is a popular trick.

1 Like

Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by MOORCHMOORE(m): 2:16pm On Sep 11, 2019
Booked
Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by chronique(m): 2:18pm On Sep 11, 2019
We've seen people walk away only to see someone else pay a higher price for it. We've seen people walk away only to end up going to buy scrap at cheap prices. Cars are not crayfish and tomatoes. If you see a good car and you can afford it, don't hesitate to pay and drive your car home. Dealers struggle to make gains on cars this period so the chances of them inflating the prices ridiculously, are slim.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by Lagbaja01(m): 2:32pm On Sep 11, 2019
Clap for him
MrDvc:
What is this
Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:39pm On Sep 11, 2019
Nice one. Meanwhile for those using Gotv and Dstv,check my last topic for promo prices.
Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by LEOSZ(m): 2:49pm On Sep 11, 2019
Na so if I wan buy lambo I go walk away to eternity till I buy am for 100k ......lol this rule sweet me die
Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by nkemdi89(f): 2:52pm On Sep 11, 2019
I went to a car shop at jabi yesterday to price this popular Toyota Corolla, despite it was Nigerian used, the seller tagged it at 1.3 with all visible faults, that car has had an accident , it is not carrying the first body cos it has been sprayed and panel beated. I just priced and went away, most first timers fall into such traps.

7 Likes

Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by gafaardy(m): 2:55pm On Sep 11, 2019
Insightful and beneficial
Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by computerglobal(m): 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2019
cool
Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by jrondit(m): 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2019
Highlights1:
It's worth noting that pricing of car at the dealership is one of the hardest things you may find yourself doing in your quest to join the elite of car owners in Nigeria. This is because buying a car is a large financial commitment and you do not want to fail in it. The slightest mistake on your part at this point could see the dealer making a huge bonus for himself.

It is, therefore, important to approach the car dealership with all the necessary information that will advance your interest. on your part at this point could see the dealer making a huge bonus for himself.

It is, therefore, important to approach the car dealership with all the necessary information that will advance your interest.

Below are something to do to avoid pricing mistakes and booty trap at the car dealership.

1. Carry Out Research On Cars

To enjoy a successful negotiation at the car dealership, you need to arm yourself with a lot of information about the range of options available to you. Do not go to a dealership without knowing what you want to get. if you make this mistake, you will get what the dealer feels like selling to you. Therefore, it is important you equip yourself in current pricing trends. One easy way to get the price of cars listed for sale in Nigeria is to use theCheki True Price tool, which gives you the current price of Tokunbo and used cars.

2. Know the car Invoice Price

A good bargain at the dealership also depends on intense preparations for the negotiation process. This involves finding out the manufacturer’s suggested retail price, also known as the sticker price as well as the invoice price. Cars are rarely sold at the sticker price, but it gives you an idea of where to begin your bargain from. Usually, you can purchase a car closer to the invoice price than the manufacturer’s suggested retail price. The more knowledge you have of the invoice price, the better your bargaining position during pricing at the dealership.

3. Have one bugget and stick to it.

It is easy to ignore your budget for a car at the car dealership. With those flashy cars before you, a car dealer could persuade you to climb one ladder above what you can afford. If you can afford only a car for N2 million, you don’t want to go hungry by making a move for one that is worth N4 million because the car dealer convinced you that it is a more recent model.

Having a budget gives you an idea of what you can afford. Therefore, a good rule for excelling at the car dealership is having a budget and sticking to it all through the pricing stage.

4. Calculate and estimate the Value of Trade-in

The convenience of driving an old car to a dealership and returning in a new one is a tempting prospect for many car buyers. But if you wish to do a trade-in, it is best to research the value of your car first before going to the dealership with it. This is to prevent under-pricing by the dealer. Likewise, trade-in should be brought on the table after exhausting discussions on the price of the new car.

5. Used the Walk Away strategy

No car is too good to walk away from when the price is not in agreement with your budget.  When negotiating with the dealer, remember that turning your back to walk away is your strongest weapon in the arsenal. Don’t be afraid to use it.

Dealers have a lot of phrases to trick customers into accepting offers that do not meet their expectations or budget. ‘This deal is only good today’ or the next 24 hours is a popular trick by dealers to force you into making up your mind and bending to their wishes. Don’t hesitate to walk away when the negotiation isn’t going in your favour or you feel suspicious. Once you are emotionally invested in the car and you have promised your wife and kids at home that a new ride is coming home, this can be difficult to pull. But it could save you some money in the long run. Most dealers will call you in a day or two, flashing a new and better deal in your face.

In conclusion, car pricing at the dealership could become so stressful that you want to get it over with quickly. However, this doesn’t have to be the case if you want to spend your hard-earned money prudently. Apart from the above-listed mistakes to avoid at the dealership, it is also best to think deeply about the payment options if you are shopping for the car with a car loan. This is to prevent unnecessary financial complications in the future.

SOURCE:https://okfiscal.com/5-things-to-do-to-avoid-car-pricing-mistakes/

How can i get a legit car loan dealer with no outright payment?
Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by renewable1(m): 3:09pm On Sep 11, 2019
May God bless us all o

Do you know with 135k you can own a 1kva solar power system that can power your basic appliances for 6hours daily?

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by sonnie10: 3:41pm On Sep 11, 2019
A brand new car has standard price almost across the board in every dealership.
However, if it’s a used car, two cars of the same year and make can never be the same. There are several factors to consider.
One might be accident car while the other is not. Also, the milage is an evidence of how much wear and tear it has been through.
Consider also the service history and maintenance by previous owners which could greatly differ.
Another thing to understand is that cars that been used as fleet or commercial vehicle are more likely to be stressed.
Again is the dealership going to give any warranties? This is likely going make the car a little pricey.
In all, two used cars of the same year, make and model cannot be of the same conditions vis-à-vis price.
Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by Apple2: 3:50pm On Sep 11, 2019
If u walk away on me i will let u go and give it to next client that comes pleading on a particular amount that could be slightly OK for me. Plead with him what u av then go if he can't help u. Is simple. He can call u back bcus u pleaded with him not bcus u walked away

1 Like

Re: 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership by Zane2point4(m): 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2019
Apple2:
If u walk away on me i will let u go and give it to next client that comes pleading on a particular amount that could be slightly OK for me. Plead with him what u av then go if he can't help u. Is simple. He can call u back bcus u pleaded with him not bcus u walked away
Bad market never do you before grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons Why Your Car Consume Much Fuel / Most Googled Car Brands In 2018 / Are Manual Cars Faster Than Automatic Transmission Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.