Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,243 members, 7,780,485 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:20 PM

Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them (4244 Views)

Real Reason Makinde Sacked Prof Afonja / Why Gov. Makinde Sacked LG Chairmen - Oyo Govt / See Why Gov. Makinde Sacked LG Chairmen – Oyo Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by biofem01: 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2019
In April, 2019, 28 Lawyers were issued their letters of employment having scaled the hurdles of various interviews stages conducted by Oyo State Ministry of Justice, their joy knew no bound.
Their joy was however curtailed when the new governor of Oyo State, Engr. Seyi Makinde informed them that his administration cannot inherit the past administration's employees even though they were employed under the normal employment procedure and neither of them owns any allegiance to the past governor.
The governor informed them that his administration will conduct new recruitment and if they are interested they should apply. All appeals for the governor to retract his stands fell on deaf ears and the further appeal to him to pay them their 5 months outstanding salaries seems was equally overlooked by the governor.
Government is expected to be continual, but it is quite unfortunate that these innocent lawyers will have to bear the burnt of power play to which they know nothing about.
It is a shame that the governor to whom we all hold in high esteem will chose to play politics with a sensitive matter that evolves around lives and survival of these innocent employees.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by sgd: 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2019
Source?

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by Sunofgod(m): 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2019
Foolish man....cronism!

5 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by AtikuNetwork: 4:59pm On Sep 11, 2019
GSM is baring his fangs.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by BuhariAdvocate: 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2019
Alright.
Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by biofem01: 5:01pm On Sep 11, 2019
sgd:
Source?

A friend who is part of the affected lawyers.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by biofem01: 5:04pm On Sep 11, 2019
Sunofgod:
Foolish man....cronism!

It is quite unfortunate. A responsible governor will not treat his subjects like this just to score cheap political scores.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by otokx(m): 5:13pm On Sep 11, 2019
They should go to court or reapply.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by biofem01: 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2019
otokx:
They should go to court or reapply.

They are weighing their options. However, though they are lawyers, it cost a lot of money to litigate actions in court and for employees who are being owed 5 months salary it could be pretty much difficult but I'm sure they are considering same.
It is only quite unfortunate that innocent citizens have to suffer this headache by people who are meant to protect them.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by MrPolitics: 5:50pm On Sep 11, 2019
There are thousands of lawyers in Oyo State that GSM didn’t appoint.
If he singled those 28 out, there must be a reason

4 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by biofem01: 6:05pm On Sep 11, 2019
MrPolitics:
There are thousands of lawyers in Oyo State that GSM didn’t appoint.
If he singled those 28 out, there must be a reason

Is reasons were as lame as the fact that they were appointed in April, 2019. He felt their appointment was a power play by the past administration fee months before he was to be sworn in as the governor (but the recruitment exercise took months before they were finally given the employment letter in April).
Asking them to reapply for the position they currently hold shows that their employment was as of neccesity rather than an attempt to undermine an incoming government.
If they are to be sacked, ought the government not renumerate them for the months sowed to the job done for and on behalf of the State?

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by Abdulkhaaliq: 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2019
It is so unfortunate. From a reliable source, I learnt that the process of recruitment of these 28 layers started in 2017 by the Oyo state civil service commission.

The Government of Seyi Makinde decides to play politics with employment of the 28 lawyers. Seyi Makinde is a big scam. He could commission various projects by the APC led administration to mark his 100 days in Office. But he sacked the 28 lawyers simply because they were employed by the last administration; the APC led administration. Though Governor Seyi always says that the government is a continuum.

Well, I advise the affected lawyers to approach court and seek for redress.

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by PureGoldh(m): 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2019
Issoryt
Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by biofem01: 6:36pm On Sep 11, 2019
Abdulkhaaliq:
It is so unfortunate. From a reliable source, I learnt that the process of recruitment of these 28 layers started in 2017 by the Oyo state civil service commission.

The Government of Seyi Makinde decides to play politics with employment of the 28 lawyers. Seyi Makinde is a big scam. He could commission various projects by the APC led administration to mark his 100 days in Office. But he sacked the 28 lawyers simply because they were employed by the last administration; the APC led administration. Though Governor Seyi always says that the government is a continuum.

I really hope the Mod get this to the front page, the world deserves to know that there is a monster and a tyrant behind the gentle and unassuming look of the governor.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by efighter: 6:43pm On Sep 11, 2019
Our amiable Kwara governor retained all the illegal staff employed by the last corrupt governor. Our new governor said despite the fact that the recruitment was illegal, the illegal staff are still Kwara people who voted for him.

5 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by biofem01: 7:08pm On Sep 11, 2019
efighter:
Our amiable Kwara governor retained all the illegal staff employed by the last corrupt governor. Our new governor said despite the fact that the recruitment was illegal, the illegal staff are still Kwara people who voted for him.

Imagine, that is what is means to have a governor who has the interest of his people at heart.
In this instance, the recruitment exercise started in 2017, it took 2years before the best qualifed were appointed. It by no means a backyard appointment but one which follows the normal rigorous process. It is quite unfortunate, I expected more for Mr. Seyi Makinde

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by Arabella09(f): 9:21pm On Sep 11, 2019
This is so sad

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by Arabella09(f): 9:22pm On Sep 11, 2019
They should sue the Governor

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by sapoyoro(m): 9:28pm On Sep 11, 2019
biofem01:

Imagine, that is what is means to have a governor who has the interest of his people at heart.
In this instance, the recruitment exercise started in 2017, it took 2years before the best qualifed were appointed. It by no means a backyard appointment but one which follows the normal rigorous process. It is quite unfortunate, I expected more for Mr. Seyi Makinde
so I should your unverified story to judge the governor when we can't hear the government side.
oriyin ti gbalee sir.
awon Apc apologists with their useless propaganda.

6 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by hargbolahan01: 10:08pm On Sep 11, 2019
biofem01:

but bro why is it that you not talking about ongoing screening of the wrongful dismissal of workers by ajimobi admin the gov is doing to reinstate them back to their work but you are feeding us with news you can prove yourself

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by Arabella09(f): 11:27pm On Sep 11, 2019
hargbolahan01:
but bro why is it that you not talking about ongoing screening of the wrongful dismissal of workers by ajimobi admin the gov is doing to reinstate them back to their work but you are feeding us with news you can prove yourself

Please reread the rubbish you just wrote

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by Arabella09(f): 11:30pm On Sep 11, 2019
sapoyoro:

so I should your unverified story to judge the governor when we can't hear the government side.
oriyin ti gbalee sir.
Sorry! but you are indeed a lout with a phone

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by Arabella09(f): 11:32pm On Sep 11, 2019
Abdulkhaaliq:

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by biofem01: 12:23am On Sep 12, 2019
sapoyoro:

oriyin ti gbalee sir.

If you have a contrary report on this maybe it is time to unveil same. We are talking about livelihood of 28 people here, and no one is playing politics with this Mr.
As to this being a one sided story, I think this is one of the reasons why we are bringing this to a platform like this, since all attempts to get the ears of Mr. Governor on this has failed prior to now, maybe and just maybe we can get his response and explanation on why these people were sacked for no just reasons other than the fact that their employment was confirmed in April this year (despite the fact that they started their employment process in 2017 before their confirmation in April 2019, this negating the idea that their appointment was done by the past administration in the backyard).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by biofem01: 12:33am On Sep 12, 2019
hargbolahan01:

Bro, this post is not an attempt to water down the government performance in anyway. This has nothing to do with politics. Thank God for what you said the governor is doing in that regard. But we have here 28 Lawyers and citizens of our beloved country whose employments has just being terminated, who have been made to work for 5 months without pay, who equally deserves a right to be protected by the government they believe so much in as well.
As to the fact that I'm feeding you with news that i can only confirm, the point is, if my house is set on fire, must I wait for the firefighters and confirm that my house is on fire before I go out in search for help from the public? Ought the public delay in assisting me because the firefighters has not collaborated my story?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by laurel03(m): 6:47am On Sep 12, 2019
They are lawyers, they should fight for their Rights and also the state chapter of NBA should intervene..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by fidelmarshal199: 11:15am On Sep 12, 2019
efighter:

I just love this speech

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by Arabella09(f): 5:09pm On Sep 12, 2019
This is so sad
Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by Sleevia: 3:39pm On Sep 13, 2019
biofem01:

A friend who is part of the affected lawyers.
you can not fool people like me. go and meet your fellow zombees. I am a man with a mind of his own and I know how the internet works and what feeds to trust.. you failed on this one. check the next door.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by Maxvasia(m): 4:40pm On Sep 13, 2019
biofem01:
In April, 2019, 28 Lawyers were issued their letters of employment having scaled the hurdles of various interviews stages conducted by Oyo State Ministry of Justice, their joy knew no bound.
Their joy was however curtailed when the new governor of Oyo State, Engr. Seyi Makinde informed them that his administration cannot inherit the past administration's employees even though they were employed under the normal employment procedure and neither of them owns any allegiance to the past governor.
The governor informed them that his administration will conduct new recruitment and if they are interested they should apply. All appeals for the governor to retract his stands fell on deaf ears and the further appeal to him to pay them their 5 months outstanding salaries seems was equally overlooked by the governor.
Government is expected to be continual, but it is quite unfortunate that these innocent lawyers will have to bear the burnt of power play to which they know nothing about.
It is a shame that the governor to whom we all hold in high esteem will chose to play politics with a sensitive matter that evolves around lives and survival of these innocent employees.

Stupid man. This is inhumane. MODs, this post should be on FP na. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by Maxvasia(m): 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2019
This is just unacceptable. What is this country turning into. The bigger question is how this post is not on FP?? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Sacked 28 Lawyers For Not Being The One That Employed Them by Drey1: 10:47pm On Sep 13, 2019
Lol. Kudos to seyi makinde. Imagine your state monthly salary increased by 1B naira after the governorship election. Who does that ? Such legality can never hold. All those scam recruitment he did after the election was lost will be reviewed. They think we are Mumu. He hurridly appointed his cronies so as to make the next government unbearable for Seyi amidst 3 months salary he was owing b4 he left,

As far as he us reviewing the sack of civil servants sacked by ajimobi, am okay with that, not all these eleventh hour recruitment.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lord Lugard Trending Today On Twitter And Am Confuse On What Nigerians Want / We ‘ll Banish Iheanacho & Ndidi For Flying Nigeria Flag Instead Of Biafra Flag. / NAF Jet Erroneously Bombs Buhari Village, Many Villagers wasted! - PUNCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.