Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

An Eight-month-old Boy Spent Eight Days In Intensive Care With Sepsis - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / An Eight-month-old Boy Spent Eight Days In Intensive Care With Sepsis (697 Views)

Mum And Daughter Miraculously Rescued After Three Days In Jaguar-infested Jungle / 15-Year-Old Boy Marries 22-Year-Old Lady In Abia State (Photos) / Kenyan Man Who Spent N1.7M On His Son's Birthday Begs For Financial Assistance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Eight-month-old Boy Spent Eight Days In Intensive Care With Sepsis by stellapatu: 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2019
A mum has relived the horrendous ordeal of witnessing her baby son fight for his life after contracting sepsis.

Austin Henry, who was born with just one partially-functioning kidney, was just eight months old when he became seriously unwell.

The vulnerable tot spent eight days in intensive care in hospital where doctors and nurses tried desperately to save him.

"The memory of seeing him with all these machines and wires attached to his tiny body still haunts me," said his mum Laura, 33."I had to consider the fact that we might lose him, but I didn't want to ask because I was too scared that the answer to my question would be 'yes'.

"That period just felt like we were in some kind of strange dream where we had no idea what would come next."

Laura, from Baglan, Neath Port Talbot, found out Austin had problems with his kidneys during her 20-week pregnancy scan.

She was booked in for a cesarean section at the University Hospital of Wales , Cardiff, in early January - but that all changed when she began having contractions at her auntie's dinner table on Christmas Day in 2016."I was timing my contractions on my phone underneath the table while 14 of my relatives were eating. They didn't twig what I was doing," she said.

"I told my husband James not to drink anymore alcohol just in case. When I got onto the sofa the contractions started getting more intense and I knew I'd need to get to hospital."

Laura and James made the trip to Singleton Hospital in Swansea where an emergency cesarean was carried out that same evening.

"It was quite a surreal situation. I'd been celebrating Christmas hours earlier, and now I was lying on the bed barely able to move my head after my epidural," she said.

More details; https://www.paxexlive.com/thread/an-eight-month-old-boy-spent-eight-days-in-intensive-care-with-sepsis

Re: An Eight-month-old Boy Spent Eight Days In Intensive Care With Sepsis by marshalldgreat(m): 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2019
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Fire Destroys Vital Efcc Documents / 1000 & Style- A Campus Fashion Idols / Free Photo Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.