Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim (1389 Views)

Relying On Allah: A Path To Ease And Provision / Can A Muslim Woman Marry A Non-muslim Man? / Ruling On A Muslim Man Marrying A Non-muslim Woman And Vice Versa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:46pm On Sep 11, 2019
A Christian Ph.D. Robert Morey wrote a booklet " Allah- A Moon God".

So is Allah a Moon God?

Quran proves - "Allah" is NOT a 'moon god':

"And from among His Signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Do not bow down (prostrate) to the sun nor to the moon, but only bow down (prostrate) to "Allah" Who created them, if you (really) worship Him." [Quran 41:37]

The Christian acquaintance who sent me a copy of Morey's booklet also sent me five questions related to this subject. I will attempt to answer them below:

Question 1:
What is the significance of the crescent moon in Islam?

Answer:
The Quran answers this question before you asked it. Read this verse:

"They ask you about the new moons. Say: These are signs to mark fixed periods of time for mankind and for the pilgrimage." [Noble Quran 2:189]

Question 2:
Why does Islam follow a lunar calendar?

Answer:
In both the Bible and the Quran religious festivals are regulated by the lunar calendar. Jews and Muslims have kept to these regulations which they believe to be from God. Why does Christianity follow a solar calendar?

Question 3:
Why is the feast of Ramadan marked by the appearance of the crescent moon?

Answer:
I think you mean the fast of Ramadan. God commanded Muslims in the Quran to fast from dawn to sunset during the month called Ramadan (see Quran 2:185, 187). The beginning and end of the month is determined by the crescent (2:189) based on the instruction of God's Messenger, on whom be peace.

Why this method and not another is not for us to say but for God and His Messenger to prescribe. However, I find it an efficient method. It is a universally applicable method, and it allows for Ramadan to move through all the seasons. This allows believers to have the pleasure of worshipping God by fasting in all the various seasons: one year in the summer, some years later in the winter.

Question 4:
Why does the Quran place the Sabians on the same level with Jews and Christians when scholars have clearly proven that the Sabians were involved in the moon cult?

Answer:
I am not aware that the Quran has placed the Sabians on the same level with Jews and Christians. Perhaps you have in mind the following verse:

"Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians and Sabians, whoever believes in "Allah" and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord. On them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve."
[Noble Quran 2:62; also 5:69]

This verse, however, does not place the Sabians on the same level as the Jews and Christians except in a particular context. The verse speaks of four distinct communities, and offers all four the opportunity to fear not nor grieve if only they would believe in "Allah" and the Last Day and do right. The four communities are:

the Believers (i.e., the Muslims)
the Jews
the Christians
the Sabians

While they are all offered the same opportunity for improvement, nothing, is said in this verse about the validity of the existing faiths of these four communities. Otherwise the Jews and Christians who are criticized in the Quran for their deviations will not be placed on the same level with the believers. The matter becomes clear when you realize that believers here does not mean saved persons but those who ostensibly belong to the community of Muslims. They, as well as the other three groups, must do the following to be saved: believe in "Allah", believe in the Last Day, and do right. Doing right, according to the Quran, includes following every teaching of Muhammad.

Question 5:
Did the Meccans worship the true God since they recognized "Allah"? Was "Allah" one of the gods of the Ka'bah?
And if so, where did the Meccans derive the recognition and the name of "Allah" from?

Answer:
First, "Allah" was not one of the 360 idols which were in the Ka'bah, although Morey has claimed this without evidence. When the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) entered Makkah victorious he went into the Ka'bah and broke the idols therein.

Second, the word "Allah" has been used all along for the name of "God" in the Arabic Bible for Jews and Christians alike. The proof is easy to verify; simple go to any hotel or motel on the earth and look in the drawer next to the bed and take out the complimentary Bible, placed there by the Giddeons and then look on page 5 or 6 where they list the examples of translations they have made into other languages. The second example given is for Arabic speakers. The verse is from the Gospel of John, chapter 3, verse 16. Everyone knows this one; "For God so loved the world..." and the word in Arabic for "God" is "Allah." Then if you have a Bible in Arabic, look on page one in Genesis, and you will find the word "Allah" 17 times.

Next, the word for "God" to the Arabs, ever since the time of Abraham (peace be upon him) has been "Allah" and He is to them, the Lord of the Ka'bah (the black box in the center of the Holy Sanctuary in Makkah). He was the unseen God whom they would call upon when in distress. Yes, they worshipped the true God but their worship was not purely for Him. They also worshipped other gods thinking that they would act as intermediaries between them and the true God Allah.

The Arabs know of Allah because Abraham visited Makkah and together with his son Ishmael laid the foundation of the Ka'bah. The descendants of Ishmael retained some of the worship rites and beliefs from Abraham. This included their knowledge of the true God Allah.

Elsewhere we have shown conclusively that the true god, "El" of the Bible is the same as "Allah" of the Quran.

Please refer to: "Yahweh, Jehovah, or Allah - What Is God's Real Name?" by Sheikh Shabir Ally.

IslamAlways

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by Lukgaf(m): 8:59am On Sep 13, 2019
Shayk. Jazakumlah khaeran sir.

To include this, I have even met some people who thinks Islam is a religion of Indian people alone.
Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:39am On Sep 13, 2019
Lukgaf:
Shayk. Jazakumlah khaeran sir.

To include this, I have even met some people who thinks Islam is a religion of Indian people alone.

Indian People? This is funny bro. Not Arabs?
Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by Lukgaf(m): 10:37am On Sep 13, 2019
I tell u sir
Rashduct4luv:

Indian People? This is funny bro. Not Arabs?

1 Like

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by tintingz(m): 2:50pm On Sep 14, 2019
Allah is actually a pagan deity during pre-islamic era(most likely Hubal) before Muhammad plagiarized Allah to be same as the Jewish deity.

2 Likes

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:23pm On Sep 14, 2019
tintingz:
Allah is actually a pagan deity during pre-islamic era(most likely Hubal) before Muhammad plagiarized Allah to be same as the Jewish deity.

1. Bring your evidence for Allah being associated with pagans gods.

2. Bring your evidence for the plagiarism you claim.

You don't need to drop a sentence and leave without verifiable proofs. Let's see your logic now.
Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by tintingz(m): 6:38pm On Sep 14, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

1. Bring your evidence for Allah being associated with pagans gods.
This doesn't even need evidence, just logic from history.

It's well known during pre-islamic era that the Arabs were pagans worshipping various Gods like Hubal which some also depict to be the Allah, secondly, Muhammad destroyed many gods in the shrine called Kaaba. Thirdly, the name the people use then has "llah" in it like Abdullah. Fourthly, Al-lat was also a pre-islamic goddess that's associated with Allah.

2. Bring your evidence for the plagiarism you claim.

The Qur'an is an evidence of the plagiarism. Almost all the stories in the Quran are rip-off of Jewish mythologies from Adam story to Jesus story which existed before Muhammad was born. A work like that is plagiarism.

Secondly, The Gog and Magog story in the Qur'an is a plagiarism of Alexander Romance.

Trust me you don't want to go down this road, I have a thread for this.
Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:29am On Sep 16, 2019
tintingz:
This doesn't even need evidence, just logic from history.
It's well known during pre-islamic era that the Arabs were pagans worshipping various Gods like Hubal which some also depict to be the Allah, secondly, Muhammad destroyed many gods in the shrine called Kaaba. Thirdly, the name the people use then has "llah" in it like Abdullah. Fourthly, Al-lat was also a pre-islamic goddess that's associated with Allah.

If it doesn't need evidence then your logic is flawed.
True that the pre-islamic Arabs worshiped 360 plus gods of which Hubal, Al-lat, manat and Al-uzza were among.
But never was there any evidence that Hubal was used to depict Allah.
Muhammad and his companions destroyed all the idols in Kaaba.

You should note that Arabian societies before Islam were not atheistic societies that denied the existence of Allaah, or societies that were unaware that there is a Lord, Creator and Provider. They knew that, and they still retained some traces of the religion of Ibraaheem, and they had contact with Jews and Christians. But their problem was that they did not worship Allaah Alone in exclusion to others; they had other gods whom they associated in worship with Him, and which they worshiped not on the basis that they were the Lord, the Creator the Provider, but because they claimed that these were intermediaries who would intercede between them and Allaah and bring them closer to Allaah. Hence Allaah said concerning them (interpretation of the meaning):

“And if you (O Muhammad) ask them: ‘Who has created the heavens and the earth,’ they will certainly say: ‘Allaah’” [Luqmaan 31:25]

This indicates that they acknowledged that Allaah is the Creator. Another aayah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And verily, if you ask them: ‘Who created the heavens and the earth?’ Surely, they will say: ‘Allaah (has created them)’”

[al-Zumar 39:38]

Many aayaat indicated that they believed in the Unity of Lordship (Tawheed al-Ruboobiyyah); their shirk was with regard to divinity (uloohiyyah), as Allaah says concerning them (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who take Awliyaa’ (protectors, helpers, lords, gods) besides Him (say): ‘We worship them only that they may bring us near to Allaah’” [al-Zumar 39:3]

i.e., they said, we only worship them so that they may bring us closer to Allaah.

The evidence of sharee’ah indicates that it is obligatory to destroy idols, for example:

1 – Muslim (969) narrated that Abu’l-Hayaaj al-Asadi said: ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib said to me: “Shall I not send you with the same instructions as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent me? ‘Do not leave any image without defacing it or any built-up grave without leveling it.’”

2 – Muslim (832) narrated from ‘Urwah ibn ‘Abasah that he said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “With what were you sent?” He said, “I was sent to uphold the ties of kinship, to break the idols, and so that Allaah would be worshipped alone with no partner or associate.”

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said:

This hadeeth indicates that it is prescribed to remove things that may tempt or confuse the people, whether they are buildings, people, animals or inanimate objects.

1 – The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent Khaalid ibn al-Waleed (may Allaah be pleased with him) on a campaign to destroy al-‘Uzza.

2 – and he sent Sa’d ibn Zayd al-Ashhali (may Allaah be pleased with him) on a campaign to destroy Manaat.

3 – And he sent ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas (may Allaah be pleased with him) on a campaign to destroy Suwaa’. All of that happened after the Conquest of Makkah.

Al-Bidaayah wa’l-Nihaayah, 4/712. 776. 5/83; al-Seerah al-Nabawiyyah by Dr. ‘Ali al-Salaabi, 2/1186.

tintingz:
The Qur'an is an evidence of the plagiarism. Almost all the stories in the Quran are rip-off of Jewish mythologies from Adam story to Jesus story which existed before Muhammad was born. A work like that is plagiarism.

Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the representation of them as one's own original work.

If it was as you claim, then Islam and Judaism/Christianity should have been the same with no major differences. But the differences are as wide as the east and west. The similarities are usually minor if any. I think you are mistaken as usual to have used the word "plagiarism".

tintingz:
Secondly, The Gog and Magog story in the Qur'an is a plagiarism of Alexander Romance.

Of cos i won't want to go down any road with you. The Story of Dhul Qanayn is not the same as the Alexander Romance. I would say it was plagiarised and developed from the Qur'an.

1 Like

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by tintingz(m): 12:28pm On Sep 16, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

If it doesn't need evidence then your logic is flawed.
True that the pre-islamic Arabs worshiped 360 plus gods of which Hubal, Al-lat, manat and Al-uzza were among.
But never was there any evidence that Hubal was used to depict Allah.
Muhammad and his companions destroyed all the idols in Kaaba.

You should note that Arabian societies before Islam were not atheistic societies that denied the existence of Allaah, or societies that were unaware that there is a Lord, Creator and Provider. They knew that, and they still retained some traces of the religion of Ibraaheem, and they had contact with Jews and Christians. But their problem was that they did not worship Allaah Alone in exclusion to others; they had other gods whom they associated in worship with Him, and which they worshiped not on the basis that they were the Lord, the Creator the Provider, but because they claimed that these were intermediaries who would intercede between them and Allaah and bring them closer to Allaah. Hence Allaah said concerning them (interpretation of the meaning):

“And if you (O Muhammad) ask them: ‘Who has created the heavens and the earth,’ they will certainly say: ‘Allaah’” [Luqmaan 31:25]

This indicates that they acknowledged that Allaah is the Creator. Another aayah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And verily, if you ask them: ‘Who created the heavens and the earth?’ Surely, they will say: ‘Allaah (has created them)’”

[al-Zumar 39:38]

Many aayaat indicated that they believed in the Unity of Lordship (Tawheed al-Ruboobiyyah); their shirk was with regard to divinity (uloohiyyah), as Allaah says concerning them (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who take Awliyaa’ (protectors, helpers, lords, gods) besides Him (say): ‘We worship them only that they may bring us near to Allaah’” [al-Zumar 39:3]

i.e., they said, we only worship them so that they may bring us closer to Allaah.

The evidence of sharee’ah indicates that it is obligatory to destroy idols, for example:

1 – Muslim (969) narrated that Abu’l-Hayaaj al-Asadi said: ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib said to me: “Shall I not send you with the same instructions as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent me? ‘Do not leave any image without defacing it or any built-up grave without leveling it.’”

2 – Muslim (832) narrated from ‘Urwah ibn ‘Abasah that he said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “With what were you sent?” He said, “I was sent to uphold the ties of kinship, to break the idols, and so that Allaah would be worshipped alone with no partner or associate.”

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said:

This hadeeth indicates that it is prescribed to remove things that may tempt or confuse the people, whether they are buildings, people, animals or inanimate objects.

1 – The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent Khaalid ibn al-Waleed (may Allaah be pleased with him) on a campaign to destroy al-‘Uzza.

2 – and he sent Sa’d ibn Zayd al-Ashhali (may Allaah be pleased with him) on a campaign to destroy Manaat.

3 – And he sent ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas (may Allaah be pleased with him) on a campaign to destroy Suwaa’. All of that happened after the Conquest of Makkah.

Al-Bidaayah wa’l-Nihaayah, 4/712. 776. 5/83; al-Seerah al-Nabawiyyah by Dr. ‘Ali al-Salaabi, 2/1186.
The pre-islamic arabs have their supreme God which many scholars suggest it's Hubal, the supreme God has gods beside it. There's no record of the pre-islamic arabs worshipping the Jewish God nor worship the God Muhammad proclaim.

The pre-islamic arabs were polytheists until Mohammed came to change it.

Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the representation of them as one's own original work.

If it was as you claim, then Islam and Judaism/Christianity should have been the same with no major differences. But the differences are as wide as the east and west. The similarities are usually minor if any. I think you are mistaken as usual to have used the word "plagiarism".
There are differences in Judaism, Christianity and Islam, the Gods the pre-islamic arabs worship is different to that of the Jews, they have their own mythologies about their gods, Muhammad came and copied the Jewish texts, claiming he's the last prophets from the Jewish deity.

Till date the Jews still disagree with Muhammad, they know he plagiarized their texts.

Of cos i won't want to go down any road with you. The Story of Dhul Qanayn is not the same as the Alexander Romance. I would say it was plagiarised and developed from the Qur'an.
Lol, Alexander Romance existed long before the Qur'an even smell the world.

Alexander Romance is a mythology known during those time, Muhammad came and copied same mythology.

1 Like

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by Rashduct4luv(m): 1:43pm On Sep 16, 2019
tintingz:
The pre-islamic arabs have their supreme God which many scholars suggest it's Hubal, the supreme God has gods beside it. There's no record of the pre-islamic arabs worshipping the Jewish God nor worship the God Muhammad proclaim.
The pre-islamic arabs were polytheists until Mohammed came to change it.

Is this your acclaimed logical view? Which scholars suggests? Where are the scholars' evidence? Where is the Hubal idol now? I gave you several evidences and you're here saying there's no record again. If they do not believe in Allah then why do they refuse to accept the Kalimah when Muhammad proclaimed it?

tintingz:
There are differences in Judaism, Christianity and Islam, the Gods the pre-islamic arabs worship is different to that of the Jews, they have their own mythologies about their gods, Muhammad came and copied the Jewish texts, claiming he's the last prophets from the Jewish deity.

Till date the Jews still disagree with Muhammad, they know he plagiarized their texts.

I was thinking you would bring major similarities from the books you claimed was plagiarized. The Talmud, the OT & NT and the Qur'an.
Bring evidence for what you claim and stop the mentions if you have none.

tintingz:
Lol, Alexander Romance existed long before the Qur'an even smell the world.

Alexander Romance is a mythology known during those time, Muhammad came and copied same mythology.

How did he plagiarise it? Give clear & logical proofs to justify your claims.
Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by tintingz(m): 2:53pm On Sep 16, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Is this your acclaimed logical view? Which scholars suggests? Where are the scholars' evidence? Where is the Hubal idol now? I gave you several evidences and you're here saying there's no record again. If they do not believe in Allah then why do they refuse to accept the Kalimah when Muhammad proclaimed it?
You gave evidence from a book that promote your religion? This is ridiculous.

Monotheism was not the belief of the pre-islamic arabs, there are historical evidence for this, they don't worship the Allah Muhammad proclaim. There are sources from ancient Jewish, Greek and even Islamic literatures.

You are yet show us evidence the pre-islamic arabs worshipped the Muhammad Allah or the Jewish deity Yahweh at a point in time.

I was thinking you would bring major similarities from the books you claimed was plagiarized. The Talmud, the OT & NT and the Qur'an.
Bring evidence for what you claim and stop the mentions if you have none.

Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus etc are these not ancient Jewish folklores? Are they not found in the Qur'an?

How did he plagiarise it? Give clear & logical proofs to justify your claims.

Alexander Romance legend was a popular legend known in history, a story Muhammad copied to the Qur'an.

Alexander Romance

The story of Dhul-Qarnayn has its origins in legends of Alexander the Great current in the Middle East in the early years of the Christian era. According to these the Scythians, the descendants of Gog and Magog, once defeated one of Alexander's generals, upon which Alexander built a wall in the Caucasus mountains to keep them out of civilised lands (the basic elements are found in Flavius Josephus). The legend went through much further elaboration in subsequent centuries before eventually finding its way into the Quran through a Syrian version.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhul-Qarnayn
Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:23pm On Sep 16, 2019
tintingz:
You gave evidence from a book that promote your religion? This is ridiculous.

Monotheism was not the belief of the pre-islamic arabs, there are historical evidence for this, they don't worship the Allah Muhammad proclaim. There are sources from ancient Jewish, Greek and even Islamic literatures.
You are yet show us evidence the pre-islamic arabs worshipped the Muhammad Allah or the Jewish deity Yahweh at a point in time.

Who said they worship Allah? Are you trying to attack a strawman? I said they believe in Allah. Believe is different from worship.

You brought the claim. The onus is on you to butress your claim with verifiable proofs.

tintingz:
Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus etc are these not ancient Jewish folklores? Are they not found in the Qur'an?

You will bring proof for your plagiarism. Bring the story from the Talmud, the OT/NT and the Qur'an. Explain how it resembles with accuracy.
Explain how an unlettered Muhammad summarised what happened over thousands of years in the Qur'an.

tintingz:
Alexander Romance legend was a popular legend known in history, a story Muhammad copied to the Qur'an.

Alexander Romance

The story of Dhul-Qarnayn has its origins in legends of Alexander the Great current in the Middle East in the early years of the Christian era. According to these the Scythians, the descendants of Gog and Magog, once defeated one of Alexander's generals, upon which Alexander built a wall in the Caucasus mountains to keep them out of civilised lands (the basic elements are found in Flavius Josephus). The legend went through much further elaboration in subsequent centuries before eventually finding its way into the Quran through a Syrian version.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhul-Qarnayn

There were two Alexanders. One was a Kaafir while the other was a Muslim. The Muslim Alexander is know as Dhu’l-Qarnayn.
Dhu’l-Qarnayn who is mentioned in the Qur’aan is not Alexander the Macedonian or Greek who built Alexandria. This Alexander is the one who died at the age of 33, as mentioned in the Christian books. He lived 323 years before the birth of the Messiah (peace be upon him).

Dhu’l-Qarnayn who is mentioned in the Qur’aan lived at the time of Ibraaheem (peace be upon him), and it is said that he became Muslim at the hands of Ibraaheem (peace be upon him), and he went on pilgrimage to the Ka’bah walking. The scholars differed concerning him, as to whether he was a Prophet or a righteous slave and just king, but they agree that he was a Muslim, a monotheist (believer in Tawheed) and one who was obedient to Allaah.

The difference between this righteous slave, and the Macedonian Alexander who was a kaafir, is well known to Muslim scholars. Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Badaayah wa’l-Nahaayah (1/493):

“It was narrated that Qutaadah said: Alexander was Dhu’l-Qarnayn and his father was the first of the Caesars, and he was one of the descendants of Saam ibn Nooh (Shem the son of Noah). As for Dhu’l-Qarnayn, he was Alexander son of Philip… ibn Roomi ibn al-Asfar ibn Yaqaz ibn al-‘Ees ibn Ishaaq ibn Ibraaheem al-Khaleel. This is the genealogy of him given by al-Haafiz ibn ‘Asaakir in his Taareekh. (He is known as) the Macedonian, the Greek, the Egyptian, builder of Alexandria, on the events of whose life the Greeks based their calendar. He came much later than the first Alexander. This was approximately three hundred years before the Messiah. The philosopher Aristotle was his minister and he is the one who killed Daar ibn Daar (Darius) and humiliated the kings of Persia and invaded their land.

We have drawn attention to him because many people think that they are one and the same and that the one who is mentioned in the Qur’aan is the one whose minister was Aristotle, which has resulted in a lot of mistakes and far-reaching corruption. The former was a righteous believing slave and a just king, and the latter was a mushrik and his minister was a philosopher. There were more than two thousand years between the two, so what comparison can there be between them? They are not alike at all and they have nothing in common, except in the mind of a fool who does not know anything.”

1 Like

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by tintingz(m): 5:00pm On Sep 16, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Who said they worship Allah? Are you trying to attack a strawman? I said they believe in Allah. Believe is different from worship.

You brought the claim. The onus is on you to butress your claim with verifiable proofs.
They believe in Allah as what?

You will bring proof for your plagiarism. Bring the story from the Talmud, the OT/NT and the Qur'an. Explain how it resembles with accuracy.
Explain how an unlettered Muhammad summarised what happened over thousands of years in the Qur'an.
My goodness, are you grasping at straws or what?

I mentioned names of people in Bible that's found in the Qur'an and you still want me to start narrating each story, how it resemble? Do you know what plagiarism means?

The Bible said Noah built a ark, the Quran said Noah built a ark, that alone is plagiarism.

If I write a story about flying monkey name bumbo that poop stars and years later you write a story about a flying monkey name bumbo that poop stars without given me credit and claim it's your idea, is that not plagiarism? In this modern era I will sue you for copyright infringement.

There were two Alexanders. One was a Kaafir while the other was a Muslim. The Muslim Alexander is know as Dhu’l-Qarnayn.
Dhu’l-Qarnayn who is mentioned in the Qur’aan is not Alexander the Macedonian or Greek who built Alexandria. This Alexander is the one who died at the age of 33, as mentioned in the Christian books. He lived 323 years before the birth of the Messiah (peace be upon him).

Dhu’l-Qarnayn who is mentioned in the Qur’aan lived at the time of Ibraaheem (peace be upon him), and it is said that he became Muslim at the hands of Ibraaheem (peace be upon him), and he went on pilgrimage to the Ka’bah walking. The scholars differed concerning him, as to whether he was a Prophet or a righteous slave and just king, but they agree that he was a Muslim, a monotheist (believer in Tawheed) and one who was obedient to Allaah.

The difference between this righteous slave, and the Macedonian Alexander who was a kaafir, is well known to Muslim scholars. Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in al-Badaayah wa’l-Nahaayah (1/493):

“It was narrated that Qutaadah said: Alexander was Dhu’l-Qarnayn and his father was the first of the Caesars, and he was one of the descendants of Saam ibn Nooh (Shem the son of Noah). As for Dhu’l-Qarnayn, he was Alexander son of Philip… ibn Roomi ibn al-Asfar ibn Yaqaz ibn al-‘Ees ibn Ishaaq ibn Ibraaheem al-Khaleel. This is the genealogy of him given by al-Haafiz ibn ‘Asaakir in his Taareekh. (He is known as) the Macedonian, the Greek, the Egyptian, builder of Alexandria, on the events of whose life the Greeks based their calendar. He came much later than the first Alexander. This was approximately three hundred years before the Messiah. The philosopher Aristotle was his minister and he is the one who killed Daar ibn Daar (Darius) and humiliated the kings of Persia and invaded their land.

We have drawn attention to him because many people think that they are one and the same and that the one who is mentioned in the Qur’aan is the one whose minister was Aristotle, which has resulted in a lot of mistakes and far-reaching corruption. The former was a righteous believing slave and a just king, and the latter was a mushrik and his minister was a philosopher. There were more than two thousand years between the two, so what comparison can there be between them? They are not alike at all and they have nothing in common, except in the mind of a fool who does not know anything.”
Source from historical scholars?

Oga, Gog and Magog, the wall, the rising sun are all in Alexander Romance legend, this same tale is in the Qur'an.

Do know what a myths or legend is?
Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:31pm On Sep 16, 2019
tintingz:
They believe in Allah as what?

Even till today some believe in Allah but do not worship Him. Perhaps you refused to read the Qur'anic verses i gave earlier.
They believe that Allah created Heaven and Earth. They worship other gods to get closer to Allah.

tintingz:
My goodness, are you grasping at straws or what?

I mentioned names of people in Bible that's found in the Qur'an and you still want me to start narrating each story, how it resemble? Do you know what plagiarism means?

The Bible said Noah built a ark, the Quran said Noah built a ark, that alone is plagiarism.

If I write a story about flying monkey name bumbo that poop stars and years later you write a story about a flying monkey name bumbo that poop stars without given me credit and claim it's your idea, is that not plagiarism? In this modern era I will sue you for copyright infringement.

There is an error in your sense of judgement. Muhammad was the last Prophet of Allah just as Moses, Noah, Jesus and a host of others.

If the stories where different you would have claimed he invented his own characters.
But now the stories are similar with major differences yet you claim he plagiarized it. Where did he get the differences from?

The OT claimed Noah was a drunk not the Qur'an.

The NT claim Jesus was crucified, the Qur'an rejected this.

Even Moses wrote his Obituary in the OT.

Where can we find the interjections that differentiated the stories?

For example in the story of Adam from the Bible and Qur'an

Among the many significant differences between the stories are:

In the Bible, God tells the man to name the animals. In the Quran, God teaches Adam the names "of all things" and Adam repeats them.[16]
In the second of the Bible's creation stories, the woman is created from the rib of the man. In the Quran, Eve is mentioned by the name hawwah.
In the Bible, the forbidden tree is named the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil , and while its fruit is often depicted as an apple, the Bible does not describe the fruit. In the Quran the forbidden tree is not named but Shaitaan calls it The Tree of Eternity to deceive Adam and his wife.
In the Bible, God creates man in His own image. In the Qur'an, God says "There is nothing like unto Him."
In the Quran, God tells the angels to prostrate before Adam (as a sign of respect and obedience), but Iblis (hereafter referred to as Shaitaan) refuses. In the Bible, no such account is given.

According to the Bible, because of God's curse, serpents have to crawl and eat dust, women have to suffer in childbirth, and men have to sweat for a living. This apparently differentiates blessing and obedience from pain and sinning. According to the Quran, no such curse was issued. The difficulties of life on earth are what makes it different from life in paradise.

(See also: Bible: Book of Genesis:2:4,4:1, and Qur'an: Surah Al-Baqara:30-39,[24] Surah Al-A'raf:19–27,[25] and Surah Ta-Ha:115.[26]

tintingz:
Source from historical scholars?

Oga, Gog and Magog, the wall, the rising sun are all in Alexander Romance legend, this same tale is in the Qur'an.

Do know what a myths or legend is?

Anyways i have stated my evidence and you are free to bring the genealogy of your own Alexander the author of your acclaimed Romance.

1 Like

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by tintingz(m): 6:22pm On Sep 16, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Even till today some believe in Allah but do not worship Him. Perhaps you refused to read the Qur'anic verses i gave earlier.
They believe that Allah created Heaven and Earth. They worship other gods to get closer to Allah.
Every religion believe their version of Gods created heaven and Earth.

You're yet to show evidence that the pre-islamic arabs believe in the same Allah as Muhammad.

There is an error in your sense of judgement. Muhammad was the last Prophet of Allah just as Moses, Noah, Jesus and a host of others.

If the stories where different you would have claimed he invented his own characters.
But now the stories are similar with major differences yet you claim he plagiarized it. Where did he get the differences from?

The OT claimed Noah was a drunk not the Qur'an.

The NT claim Jesus was crucified, the Qur'an rejected this.

Even Moses wrote his Obituary in the OT.

Where can we find the interjections that differentiated the stories?

For example in the story of Adam from the Bible and Qur'an

Among the many significant differences between the stories are:

In the Bible, God tells the man to name the animals. In the Quran, God teaches Adam the names "of all things" and Adam repeats them.[16]
In the second of the Bible's creation stories, the woman is created from the rib of the man. In the Quran, Eve is mentioned by the name hawwah.
In the Bible, the forbidden tree is named the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil , and while its fruit is often depicted as an apple, the Bible does not describe the fruit. In the Quran the forbidden tree is not named but Shaitaan calls it The Tree of Eternity to deceive Adam and his wife.
In the Bible, God creates man in His own image. In the Qur'an, God says "There is nothing like unto Him."
In the Quran, God tells the angels to prostrate before Adam (as a sign of respect and obedience), but Iblis (hereafter referred to as Shaitaan) refuses. In the Bible, no such account is given.

According to the Bible, because of God's curse, serpents have to crawl and eat dust, women have to suffer in childbirth, and men have to sweat for a living. This apparently differentiates blessing and obedience from pain and sinning. According to the Quran, no such curse was issued. The difficulties of life on earth are what makes it different from life in paradise.

(See also: Bible: Book of Genesis:2:4,4:1, and Qur'an: Surah Al-Baqara:30-39,[24] Surah Al-A'raf:19–27,[25] and Surah Ta-Ha:115.[26]
You don't have to write same thing in plagiarism.

What they look is the ideas, it doesn't have to be exact same thing.

The Qur'an used same name Noah, it also uses same storyline/ideas like the ark and global flood. Adam the first man in bible, tempted by Satan, Qur'an also give this same story idea. This is plagiarism.

It's easy for anyone to claim to be the last prophet copying their book.

Anyways i have stated my evidence and you are free to bring the genealogy of your own Alexander the author of your acclaimed Romance.
Where's your source of your evidence?

Is Gog and Magog not in the Qur'an?

2 Likes

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by Nggs121: 7:49pm On Sep 16, 2019
I believe I can fly

What evidence do I have?

I have a book in which I wrote that I can fly

Should I prove it to you and fly now?

No don't test me grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by tintingz(m): 8:22pm On Sep 16, 2019
Nggs121:
I believe I can fly

What evidence do I have?

I have a book in which I wrote that I can fly

Should I prove it to you and fly now?

No don't test me grin grin grin cool
Lol.

Or this way,

1. I believe Superman is real and can fly, the comic book said so.

2. Proof to me Superman is real and can fly?

3. The evidence is in Superman comic book.

This is called circular reasoning fallacy.

1 Like

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by sino(m): 12:41pm On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:

"Plagiarism is presenting another person’s ideas, words, artwork or inventions as your own, as well as using or modifying the work of others without acknowledgement.

Plagiarism can include sharing work, resubmitting work you have previously submitted to another course (self-plagiarism), and not acknowledging sources used. It can occur intentionally or unintentionally. In either case, it’s not acceptable at university."

© The University of Auckland

First, The Prophet (SAW) never claimed to be the author of the Qur'an, rather he received revelations...

Secondly, the Qur'an stated that it is God's words (speech)

Thirdly, the Qur'an acknowledged previous books, making reference to them when mentioning these stories of the Prophets you listed.

Fourthly, other books also acknowledges God as the Creator and Revealer of revelations

Fifthly, So if God revealed other books and also the Qur'an, and do acknowledge his other works in the current revelation, how does that become plagiarism?!

3 Likes

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by tintingz(m): 12:57pm On Sep 17, 2019
sino:

"Plagiarism is presenting another person’s ideas, words, artwork or inventions as your own, as well as using or modifying the work of others without acknowledgement.

Plagiarism can include sharing work, resubmitting work you have previously submitted to another course (self-plagiarism), and not acknowledging sources used. It can occur intentionally or unintentionally. In either case, it’s not acceptable at university."

© The University of Auckland
Ok

First, The Prophet (SAW) never claimed to be the author of the Qur'an, rather he received revelations...
Can he prove the author he received the revelation from? Can this claim be used in court?

Secondly, the Qur'an stated that it is God's words (speech)
I can also claim my book said it is Santa's word.

Lol, circular reasoning fallacy.

Thirdly, the Qur'an acknowledged previous books, making reference to them when mentioning these stories of the Prophets you listed.
Making mention of these prophets name in stories is different from acknowledging the authors or source.

If Muhammad had said my knowledge and source of writing this Qur'an is from the Jewish texts not from his imaginary master then there's no case of plagiarism

Fourthly, other books also acknowledges God as the Creator and Revealer of revelations
Their books differ in mythologies.

Anybody can use God in their story just like anybody can use Santa in their story, my argument is the content and idea of these stories.

Fifthly, So if God revealed other books and also the Qur'an, and do acknowledge his other works in the current revelation, how does that become plagiarism?!

How can you prove that the God of the Jews is connected to God of Muhammad?

Something like i wrote a book using ideas of past dead authors and said my book was revealed to me by Santa the same Santa revealed it to the dead authors. How's this a case in the court or even sound logical?

1 Like

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by sino(m): 3:17pm On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:
Ok

Can he prove the author he received the revelation from? Can this claim be used in court?

I can also claim my book said it is Santa's word.

Lol, circular reasoning fallacy.

Making mention of these prophets name in stories is different from acknowledging the authors or source.

If Muhammad had said my knowledge and source of writing this Qur'an is from the Jewish texts not from his imaginary master then there's no case of plagiarism

Their books differ in mythologies.

Anybody can use God in their story just like anybody can use Santa in their story, my argument is the content and idea of these stories.

How can you prove that the God of the Jews is connected to God of Muhammad?

Something like i wrote a book using ideas of past dead authors and said my book was revealed to me by Santa the same Santa revealed it to the dead authors. How's this a case in the court or even sound logical?

I do not care if you do not accept what is explicitly stated in the books in question with regards to the author, but what is established about these books, is that they are divinely revealed.

Secondly, the Qur'an which is the final revelation made adequate acknowledgement of previous books, and from the definition I presented, it clearly shows that the Qur'an as a revelation doesn't fit into what you would call plagiarism!

2 Likes

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by tintingz(m): 4:49pm On Sep 17, 2019
sino:

I do not care if you do not accept what is explicitly stated in the books in question with regards to the author, but what is established about these books, is that they are divinely revealed.

Secondly, the Qur'an which is the final revelation made adequate acknowledgement of previous books, and from the definition I presented, it clearly shows that the Qur'an as a revelation doesn't fit into what you would call plagiarism!

Christmas-ideals is the last book and revelation from Santa and it make acknowledgement of other previous Santa books.

See how ridiculous you sound.

1 Like

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by sino(m): 5:30pm On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:

Christmas-ideals is the last book and revelation from Santa and it make acknowledgement of other previous Santa books.

See how ridiculous you sound.
On the contrary my friend, you are the ridiculous one here, while you haven't been able to proof plagiarism as defined, you are now clutching at straws, making remarks about your imaginary friend Santa! Did you not get the name of the author of the book you mentioned?! Was it by Santa?! And if the author acknowledged other Santa books, does that translate to plagiarism?! undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by tintingz(m): 5:40pm On Sep 17, 2019
sino:

On the contrary my friend, you are the ridiculous one here, while you haven't been able to proof plagiarism as defined, you are now clutching at straws, making remarks about your imaginary friend Santa! Did you not get the name of the author of the book you mentioned?! Was it by Santa?! And if the author acknowledged other Santa books, does that translate to plagiarism?! undecided
Santa revealed the book mister.

Acknowledging the authors is different from using characters of the people in the story. Muhammad didn't acknowledge the authors or source of the Qur'an, no where he said I got my knowledge to write the Qur'an from this so so so person instead he said it was revealed to him from his imaginary master.

So basically if I write a book that contains contents and ideas of other people's books and claim this my book is a revelation from my imaginary friend. It's not plagiarism?

1 Like

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by sino(m): 5:46pm On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:

So basically if I write a book that contains contents and ideas of other people's books and claim this my book is a revelation from my imaginary friend. It's not plagiarism?

But I had defined what plagiarism is na.... undecided
Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by tintingz(m): 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2019
sino:

But I had defined what plagiarism is na.... undecided

I've edited my post, here Is what I add.

Acknowledging the authors is different from using characters of the people in the story. Muhammad didn't acknowledge the authors or source of the Qur'an, no where he said I got my knowledge to write the Qur'an from this so so so person instead he said it was revealed to him from his imaginary master.

1 Like

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by tintingz(m): 5:56pm On Sep 17, 2019
This is like SONY company making Spiderman movie without acknowledging Marvel comic.

Cc. Sino.

1 Like

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by sino(m): 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:

I've edited my post, here I what add.

Lol, as I said, The Prophet (SAW) never claimed to be the author of the Qur'an, the Qur'an, acknowledged previous books, which are also revelations from God!
Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by tintingz(m): 6:27pm On Sep 17, 2019
sino:

Lol, as I said, The Prophet (SAW) never claimed to be the author of the Qur'an, the Qur'an, acknowledged previous books, which are also revelations from God!

So the Qur'an was written by a Ghost?

Assume you present this case in a court and see how ridiculous you will sound.

1 Like

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by sino(m): 6:35pm On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:

So the Qur'an was written by a Ghost?

Assume you present this case in a court and see how ridiculous you will sound.

It doesn't matter if the author is a GHOST, provided that the GHOST, ACKNOWLEDGED other BOOKS which were also authored by the GHOST, there is no case of PLAGIARISM!
Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by tintingz(m): 6:40pm On Sep 17, 2019
sino:

It doesn't matter if the author is a GHOST, provided that the GHOST, ACKNOWLEDGED other BOOKS which were also authored by the GHOST, there is no case of PLAGIARISM!
Wow, so ghost can write books. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by tintingz(m): 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2019
The Bible is a book on it own, Muhammad copied some stories from it without giving credit to the authors of the Bible Instead he said it was revealed to him by some imaginary being.

This is a flawed case In court.

1 Like

Re: Is Allah A Moon God And Other Questions From A Non-muslim by sino(m): 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:
Wow, so ghost can write books. cheesy

Have we left plagiarism to talk about ghost writers?!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From / Christianity In Five Minutes / Is Your Solaat Regular Enough?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.