Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Life in Beijing As an International Student. - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life in Beijing As an International Student. (80394 Views)

Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student / China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) / Beijing Daxing International Airport: Making Of World Largest, Biggest Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by igbesachick: 8:11am On Nov 10, 2019
Ola17:

Make your research, there’s no ground for comparison at all. Dubai is still a developing city.

dubai? hahah, it has less GDP than the distict of this city i live in, which is Guangzhou, and which has 13 districts.

the city Guangzhou is equal to 60% of the wealth of the whole country of nigeria
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by igbesachick: 8:17am On Nov 10, 2019
Fallenhunter:

HRT is a heavy rapid transit system (Aka the dubai metro, the upcoming underground and the hyperloop should it work). LRT is light rapid transit as in Dubai's tram and bus network. Shanghai has 24 million people while Dubai has 3 million. Many of Dubai's 3 million are laborers that are shuttled to work sites from their camps and thus the real population is even smaller. Isn't it obvious that a metro would be smaller and have less lines if it needs to carry less people?

I have been to Shanghai and I know it's a world class city but it just doesn't compare with dubai in the scope of infrastructure and development. All of dubai is developed while Shanghai has developed and underdeveloped districts.

as to population and prosperity, shanghai one-up dubai out of question.as to fame, which is something i have no idea of, dubai surpasses shanghai.

but, according to chinese, these two cities are both soulless "concrete-feces" places
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by igbesachick: 8:26am On Nov 10, 2019
MERCHANDISER:
Shanghai vs hong kong which one is more developed

of course hong kong wins , forever.

too much collective business buttressed by the government in shanghai,which is not compatible with the spirit of laissez faire , which is the only norm of econimic development, acknowledged even by the one party chinese government.

hong kong, in the contrary , is an oasis of freedom. and cantonese is the ancient chinese language, which is the language the most elite , smart and dilligent group of chinese speak.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by igbesachick: 8:39am On Nov 10, 2019
Fallenhunter:

Friend I was rating Dubai as being more infrastructural developed than major Chinese cities. There is of course military, economic and scientific development in China that Dubai can't even come close to.

infrastrcture? do you know how long is the underground metro system of chinese cities? long enough to pave road from china to africa.

for example, in guangzhou, the metro is as long as the distance between ibadan and abuja.

have you been to the white collar CBD, which is in tianhe district, and which is larger and more modern than the whole dubai. what the about the industrial zone in huangpu district, where one street has more wealth than the whole country of UAE?

dubai is famous, it is a hub of airlines, but funny is , its airport passengers amount to only one third of that of the city of guangzhou, which is only the 4th biggest city in china.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by igbesachick: 8:43am On Nov 10, 2019
FA13:
Hello everyone,
Away from all the unnecessary arguments.

I attended a job fair( infact two) these past weeks.
It was nice. Some of the companies are even recruiting permanent staffs from international students not just internships.

I interacted with a couple of them. Most of them are interested in students graduating soon.

A good mastery of Chinese is definitely an advantage.
So it is not all bad.

i have never attended such job fairs, especially in china, totally waste of time. too many irrelavent applicants, insolent and stupid company representatives, jobs with pittance.

they treat you like a precarious dog.

anyway,all famous companies are not seriously looking for recruits, they attend for the purpose of advertising their companies.

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by igbesachick: 8:48am On Nov 10, 2019
Chicksy:
Hello i have a 10hrs lay over in china on the 10th of November....Anyone wanna show me around?

nigerian allowed to step out of the airport in china, in terms of layover ?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by igbesachick: 8:51am On Nov 10, 2019
Chicksy:
Hello i have a 10hrs lay over in china on the 10th of November....Anyone wanna show me around?

anyway, to eat some chinese food in the road side eateries. this is something even chinese who are fed up with their country will do , nontheless.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by igbesachick: 9:06am On Nov 10, 2019
Ola17:

What are HRT and LRT metros? For your info, Shanghai has a functional maglev metro(the oldest in the world) that connects Pudong Int’l airport to other parts of Shanghai. Shanghai has the world largest metro network with 16 lines while Dubai has mete two metro lines!

Exhibition centers, world class cuisines banks and clubs? Lol. Have you been to Shanghai? Forget the media hype, there’ Absolutely no comparison between Shanghai and Dubai. Shanghai is all Dubai wishes to be and more!

in china, people are proud of their massive bullet train system, which velocity makes the japanese counterpart a pathetic and distant runner up , and which mileage beats the usa bullet train to a midget.

secondly, it is the wechat, a copycat of facebook and whatsup, but has more users.

as to the maglev, it is a toy , introduced by the flunkey who kowtow to the french whites and pay exorbitant money to build it.

that is why it is so short, the construction was called to stop, after building 60 km.

most chinese know nothing of maglev. even a massive city metro system can hardly rouse any interest, not to mention patriotism.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by igbesachick: 9:23am On Nov 10, 2019
Goodbloke:
Am seriously thinking of leaving this sh!t-hole called Nigeria in a few years time, even if its China I don’t mind . This country is depressing to say the least

nigeria beats china for many things.

climate better, no long and hot summer, which you need to pay high bill of electricity for running air conditioner.

no air pollution,no food adulteration ,no honking and blaring , no complicated human relationships which involve officiousness (when not in need)and indifference(when in need), no permanent real estate possessing rights while vat tax rate high as 17% which means every 100 yuan you buy something with you need to pay 17 yuan to the chinese government, which would cut ofc your facebook connection and youtube, tumblr, etc....and you can not vote for the president, not even allowed to mention the name of president on internet ,which is one among dozens of reasons why you will disappear from the planet earth due to the policemen....

well, seems i know too much about china

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 9:25am On Nov 10, 2019
igbesachick:

i have never attended such job fairs, especially in china, totally waste of time. too many irrelavent applicants, insolent and stupid company representatives, jobs with pittance.

they treat you like a precarious dog.

anyway,all famous companies are not seriously looking for recruits, they attend for the purpose of advertising their companies.

Well, I didnot know the ones you attended, but the one I attended, the representative were courteous.

Job fair is not really a place to advertise product rather trade fair as they know that people looking for job most likely cannot afford the products especially high value product.

What I can agree is that some of the companies came to look for marketers for their products and services in respective countries. And that is still a job if you are interested in sales role.

Ofcourse it is not easy to get especially without good command of Chinese. Those I know that got the job offer are proficient in Chinese language.

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by igbesachick: 9:32am On Nov 10, 2019
FA13:

Well, I didnot know the ones you attended, but the one I attended, the representative were courteous.

Job fair is not really a place to advertise product rather trade fair as they know that people looking for job most likely cannot afford the products especially high value product.

What I can agree is that some of the companies came to look for marketers for their products and services in respective countries. And that is still a job if you are interested in sales role.

Ofcourse it is not easy to get especially without good command of Chinese. Those I know that got the job offer are proficient in Chinese language.

funny, since those fairs are catering to foreigners, why do they look for a guy who speaks good chinese?

maybe your chinese is indeed not that good, but i see the chinese characters on the banner, which means fair for foreign intellectuals.or maybe you are not an intellectuall rather than the language thing.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 9:40am On Nov 10, 2019
igbesachick:

funny, since those fairs are catering to foreigners, why do they look for a guy who speaks good chinese?

maybe your chinese is indeed not that good, but i see the chinese characters on the banner, which means fair for foreign intellectuals.or maybe you are not an intellectuall rather than the language thing.

Who are those that the foreigners will be dealing with majorly- the Chinese. So who will they rather employ? So reason with your half-wit intellect.

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by igbesachick: 10:01am On Nov 10, 2019
FA13:

Who are those that the foreigners will be dealing with majorly- the Chinese. So who will they rather employ? So reason with your half-wit intellect.

baffling english, guess u try too hard to learn chinese that u forget how to use english.

terrible logic. who will they rather employ? in the fair you attended, foreigner, because it is a 外国人才 fair. you may find these four characters on the banner , in your photo.

they recruit you simply because u speak english with a foreign face. if you are a common chinese, even speaking perfect english, you will be rejected by a glance.

why do they need you to speak chinese to very good? 10 zillion chinese speak good chinese.

when u one day find a job, u will realize , the chinese you face at that time, all speak english. of course, you will win some warm feeling from the chinese people , if u throw smattering chinese language in your intercourse, but definitely not from me, who know the inside out of black people.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by KodakBlack: 10:42am On Nov 10, 2019
朋友、你是中国那里人?

Ps; I didn’t tell the mod to delete your posts. I have relevant things to do with my time.

igbesachick:

not because i could not answer your wiseacre questions, but because you tell the mod to cancel my answers.

i m a chinese man, satisfied? or else how can i be so definite and cocksure to talk anything about china, and treat a guy like you who thinks himself a china hand like a layman?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by igbesachick: 10:59am On Nov 10, 2019
KodakBlack:
朋友、你是中国那里人?

Ps; I didn’t tell the mod to delete your posts. I have relevant things to do with my time.

funny is, i was banned with several innocent posts of mine in response to u being removed. coincidence ?

i m from guangzhou
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by KodakBlack: 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2019
igbesachick:

funny is, i was banned with several innocent posts of mine in response to u being removed. coincidence ?

i m from guangzhou

I didn’t have anything to do with that.

How’s GZ?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by igbesachick: 2:33pm On Nov 10, 2019
KodakBlack:

I didn’t have anything to do with that.

How’s GZ?

not bad, but anyway you dont understand how i feel being a chinese in my home city. you guys are afraid of /disconcerted in the downtown.

i m working in nigeria now, igbesa, ogun. feels like a double spy. eat amala, drink star beer in local bar with black friends , even escaped being kidnapped by hairs breadth for one time.

the other chinese speaking shiet like english, which gives me a tremendous advantage to be a conduit to access and soak up everything in YOUR country.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by KodakBlack: 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2019
I understand you!

你到尼日利亚多长时间

igbesachick:

not bad, but anyway you dont understand how i feel being a chinese in my home city. you guys are afraid of /disconcerted in the downtown.

i m working in nigeria now, igbesa, ogun. feels like a double spy. eat amala, drink star beer in local bar with black friends , even escaped being kidnapped by hairs breadth for one time.

the other chinese speaking shiet like english, which gives me a tremendous advantage to be a conduit to access and soak up everything in YOUR country.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by cue64: 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2019
igbesachick:

nigeria beats china for many things.

climate better, no long and hot summer, which you need to pay high bill of electricity for running air conditioner.

no air pollution,no food adulteration ,no honking and blaring , no complicated human relationships which involve officiousness (when not in need)and indifference(when in need), no permanent real estate possessing rights while vat tax rate high as 17% which means every 100 yuan you buy something with you need to pay 17 yuan to the chinese government, which would cut ofc your facebook connection and youtube, tumblr, etc....and you can not vote for the president, not even allowed to mention the name of president on internet ,which is one among dozens of reasons why you will disappear from the planet earth due to the policemen....

well, seems i know too much about china
if you're honestly In Guangzhou, I'd like to buy you a fee bottles of ur brand, Harbin tsin tao or corona? .... If you're truly Chinese I haven't met one who speaks facts like you do...every single thing yiubwrote there is the current situation why I am fed up of this place.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by igbesachick: 11:28pm On Nov 10, 2019
KodakBlack:
I understand you!

你到尼日利亚多长时间

2 years, long and bored enough for any foreign person who does not plan to marry a local
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by igbesachick: 11:39pm On Nov 10, 2019
cue64:
if you're honestly In Guangzhou, I'd like to buy you a fee bottles of ur brand, Harbin tsin tao or corona? .... If you're truly Chinese I haven't met one who speaks facts like you do...every single thing yiubwrote there is the current situation why I am fed up of this place.

what i complain china of , is mostly its inner political environment, which would not affect any foreigners , such as you.

no chinese talking these things to you, this is obviously an evidence that, you are taken to be an outsider, no matter physically how close you are to chinese people , in china.

i dont see why i can rouse your empathy, and i dont expect it.

anyway, there are 15 million chinese living in guangzhou, it is nothing big deal for me being one of them.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by KodakBlack: 2:14am On Nov 11, 2019
igbesachick:

2 years, long and bored enough for any foreign person who does not plan to marry a local

哈哈哈哈哈。 你没有女朋友在中国吗
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by igbesachick: 3:04am On Nov 11, 2019
KodakBlack:

哈哈哈哈哈。 你没有女朋友在中国吗

used to have . i want to taste some bushmeat in africa.anyway, i need to benifit from my comparatively better english among the chinese in africa. what use of my english if it is only used as a working language?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by KodakBlack: 6:10am On Nov 11, 2019
你说的好。

igbesachick:

used to have . i want to taste some bushmeat in africa.anyway, i need to benifit from my comparatively better english among the chinese in africa. what use of my english if it is only used as a working language?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by cue64: 4:47pm On Nov 11, 2019
igbesachick:

what i complain china of , is mostly its inner political environment, which would not affect any foreigners , such as you.

no chinese talking these things to you, this is obviously an evidence that, you are taken to be an outsider, no matter physically how close you are to chinese people , in china.

i dont see why i can rouse your empathy, and i dont expect it.

anyway, there are 15 million chinese living in guangzhou, it is nothing big deal for me being one of them.
no u are wrong, I never said most are my problems I just said I was fed up with the way they live, relationships are complicated, today they are your friend, tomorrow they don't even want to talk to you anymore, you can't even start a conversation with even the educated ones about the country and it's leaders, and yes this long summer my light bill went super high, and I don't have to be a Chinese to realize that the air is getting even more polluted... Even though you're so proud about the English you speak, and even not living in china, I can still see traces of the Chinese character in the replies u give...

2 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by igbesachick: 1:33am On Nov 12, 2019
cue64:
no u are wrong, I never said most are my problems I just said I was fed up with the way they live, relationships are complicated, today they are your friend, tomorrow they don't even want to talk to you anymore, you can't even start a conversation with even the educated ones about the country and it's leaders, and yes this long summer my light bill went super high, and I don't have to be a Chinese to realize that the air is getting even more polluted... Even though you're so proud about the English you speak, and even not living in china, I can still see traces of the Chinese character in the replies u give...

i am a chinese, i mentioned this already in other posts.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Makaveli1166(m): 3:26am On Nov 12, 2019
igbesachick:

i am a chinese, i mentioned this already in other posts.
yeah he knows he is just trying to point out some misconceptions based on your submission. my question is this. whata's your gender? I gat a lot of cool Chinese folks as friends here at my work place too but I haven't meet a female yet.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by igbesachick: 4:55am On Nov 12, 2019
Makaveli1166:
yeah he knows he is just trying to point out some misconceptions based on your submission. my question is this. whata's your gender? I gat a lot of cool Chinese folks as friends here at my work place too but I haven't meet a female yet.

of course i m a man , dont be misguided by my account name.

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Makaveli1166(m): 11:57am On Nov 12, 2019
igbesachick:

of course i m a man , dont be misguided by my account name.
ok goodluck
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by vanV: 4:07am On Nov 13, 2019
FA13:

Yes very well. What level of education and course of study?
HND in Forestry
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 6:24am On Nov 13, 2019
vanV:

HND in Forestry

You can apply.
Some schools accept HND for masters.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

2 people Die As Helicopter Crashes Into Building in Opebi / Good Beach: The Newest Beach In Lagos (Stunning Pictures) / Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.