Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,900 members, 7,799,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Life in Beijing As an International Student. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life in Beijing As an International Student. (80283 Views)

Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student / China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) / Beijing Daxing International Airport: Making Of World Largest, Biggest Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Lens101: 10:15am On Sep 15, 2019
FA13:

It depends on your school. But most lecturers outside Nigeria are given assistant professor once they have a PhD. So get a Dr. at least.
Also, most of our professors are as you have narrated. But as a graduate student some are nicer than they look in school.
There was a professor in my department that you can't just go and meet during my school days. Someone however told me to meet him for reference. You will be surprised with the readiness he helped me write it. He would even call or text me to supply any info needed.
So u dont have anything to lose by contacting them. The worst that can happen is he would not respond and you might be surprised like me!

OK Thanks, the lecturers are DR(s). want to ask if there won't be any need going to Abuja for any stamp.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Ugosample(m): 10:22am On Sep 15, 2019
tensazangetsu20:
China has gone so far. To think a Chinese youth of my age grew up seeing massive development and infrastructure change while my African mates just kept on seeing chaos on chaos lipsrsealed

yea
quite shamrock
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Ugosample(m): 10:23am On Sep 15, 2019
Gerrard59:
I appreciate the effort you put into narrating the process to applying for the scholarship. Most Nigerians wouldn't do same (I've had enough experiences which made me say such).

Kudos.

True that
many Nigerians are not patient
I have suggested some avenues
but the patients to follow through no dey for them

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Ugosample(m): 10:25am On Sep 15, 2019
FA13:
But here they seem to be more nice and less arrogant. The picture below is a Chinese guy that helped me with my luggage to my school. Dont mind me, I ought to take taxi from the airport directly to the school, instead took a bus. Why?

The Nigerian system and society created the condition that made them (well some of them) mean in the first place
So the blame falls squarely on us

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by MERCHANDISER: 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2019
Is hong kong a city in China or a country?
can one with chinese visa travel to hongkong?

4 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Gerrard59(m): 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2019
Ugosample:

True that
many Nigerians are not patient
I have suggested some avenues
but the patients to follow through no dey for them

It's not just the route but most Nigerians won't reveal to/tell another person how to scale through the process. So much reticence.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 2:05pm On Sep 15, 2019
MERCHANDISER:
Is hong kong a city in China or a country?

can one with chinese visa travel to hongkong?
The relationship is somehow awkward.
Hong Kong is in China but it is an autonomous region. China does not interfere in their affair except in rare cases.
Hong Kong has it's own Visa though by the Chinese embassy but if you have a resident permit in China, u can use it to visit Hong Kong.

17 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 2:09pm On Sep 15, 2019
Lens101:

OK Thanks, the lecturers are DR(s). want to ask if there won't be any need going to Abuja for any stamp.
Which stamping?

You only need foreign affairs stamp after u have gotten admission and want to apply for Visa.

One by one please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by brandable: 2:34pm On Sep 15, 2019
FA13:

Which stamping?

You only need foreign affairs stamp after u have gotten admission and want to apply for Visa.

One by one please.
Please is there possibility of stay back and looking for work after the postgraduate program. Or you have to return back to Nigeria after the program.

3 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2019
brandable:

Please is there possibility of stay back and looking for work after the postgraduate program. Or you have to return back to Nigeria after the program.
Yea.
But not automatic as you should know.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by frankmoney(m): 10:37pm On Sep 15, 2019
Quick question bro . Does the scholarship involve monthly stipend ?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 15, 2019
nice job here. ...

quick question, how do you access Google services? I hear it's hard to use VPNs in china.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by seunmohmoh(f): 11:15pm On Sep 15, 2019
Na to convert from Canada to China o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by MERCHANDISER: 5:18am On Sep 16, 2019
seunmohmoh:
you looks pretty,can we be friends?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Lens101: 6:02am On Sep 16, 2019
FA13:

Which stamping?

One by one please.

Thanks sir. I will be back if there is any more questions. with your tips I can pull through.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 1:01am On Sep 17, 2019
seunmohmoh:
Really!
I will not advise that. But you can do it as a back up plan.

2 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 1:02am On Sep 17, 2019
FCBboy:
nice job here. ...

quick question, how do you access Google services? I hear it's hard to use VPNs in china.
It is through VPN. No other way.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 1:02am On Sep 17, 2019
frankmoney:
Quick question bro . Does the scholarship involve monthly stipend ?
Yea. It also varies.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by frankmoney(m): 5:48am On Sep 17, 2019
FA13:

Yea. It also varies.
varies ? How bro
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by seunmohmoh(f): 9:22am On Sep 17, 2019
FA13:

Really!
I will not advise that. But you can do it as a back up plan.
If only I have money for any of them.

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Jake420: 10:03am On Sep 17, 2019
Boss will soon get Chinese gf lol but how was your gpa like?
3.0/4.3?

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 12:18am On Sep 18, 2019
frankmoney:
varies ? How bro

Program I.e. bachelors, masters or PhD.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by FA13(m): 12:35am On Sep 18, 2019
Jake420:
Boss will soon get Chinese gf lol but how was your gpa like?
3.0/4.3?

Any competitive GPA can apply. i.e. 2.1 and above. However I have seen successful applicants with 2.2.

So it all depends on you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Lens101: 12:38am On Sep 18, 2019
FA13:

Any competitive GPA can apply. i.e. 2.1 and above. However I have seen successful applicants with 2.2.

So it all depends on you.
boss searching for supervisor aren't joke. still on it. any additional tips?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Risingblue008(m): 4:30pm On Sep 18, 2019
Benji whr I lost my best frnd
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by AreaFada2: 4:31pm On Sep 18, 2019
Nice
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by EmekaBlue(m): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2019
post is incomplete without adding 北京欢迎你 sound track

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by PDPBOY(m): 4:36pm On Sep 18, 2019
Booked
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Taniaa(f): 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2019
Racist country

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by 9jamag(m): 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2019
Best thread I opened today smiley

4 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by MisterChairman(m): 4:42pm On Sep 18, 2019
this is good .. but am not enjoying ur narrative

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by 9jayes: 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2019
Next year inshallah is my year

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City / Good Beach: The Newest Beach In Lagos (Stunning Pictures) / See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.