Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:50 PM

Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo (4164 Views)

Jonathan's Administration Ranked Least Corrupt Government Since 1999, Obasanjo's / Tinubu And Amaechi Clash Over Senate President Position / Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by OAM4J: 4:14am On Oct 29, 2010

[size=13pt]Ekwueme rejected Senate President position in 1999 -Obasanjo[/size]

Written by Our Reporters
Friday, 29 October 2010
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Thursday said that former Vice-President Alex Ekwueme rejected the position of Senate President after losing the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential primaries in 1999.

Obasanjo made the revelation in Lagos at the launch of his new book entitled: Baba’s Story: Nigeria is 50.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reported that the 60-page book, which was authored by a Ghanaian, Abyna-Ansaa Adjei, tells the Nigerian story from Obasanjo’s perspective.

In the book, Obasanjo is quoted as saying that Ekwueme, who was vice-president under the Shehu Shagari regime, declined the offer of senate president after losing the party’s nomination to him.

“By that time, the party founders had already agreed that Ekwueme would be the President of the Senate,” Obasanjo said.

The former ruler also defended his record in office from 1999 to 2007, stating that his administration instituted policies and programmes which helped in shaping the country.

“We made great strides in the area of education, health, telecommunications and banking.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/12831-ekwueme-rejected-senate-president-position-in-1999-obasanjo

Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by egift(m): 4:55am On Oct 29, 2010
And he is telling us for the first time in 11yrs so that - what?

I guess he have exhausted the benefits of being silent about it. Oh his advertising his book too - always the money grin
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Arysexy(m): 5:09am On Oct 29, 2010
and how is Ekwueme rejecting senate president post news? I taught obasanjo's book launch should be news or do u want to drag Ekwueme to the mud as usual? Wacky thread sad
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by JUO(m): 12:21pm On Oct 29, 2010
nonsense
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Abuse: 12:34pm On Oct 29, 2010
This October Has 5 Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays, But That Happens Way More Often Than “Once Every 11 Years”.1982=Shagari,1993=Abacha's entrance,1999=OBJ's entrance & 2010=GEJ's entrance. What does this analysis tell you.It tells me that every 11 years there is a mad decision taking process in the history of Nigeria.
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 29, 2010
Ekwueme is one frustrated old man who claimed to be the founder of pdp ? He wanted to be president by force.nonsense
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by AzukaO(m): 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2010
But really, this is no news. When the offer was made to Ekwueme in 1998/99, he publicly said that he became the No 2 man in 1979 when he was 46 years and would not want to become the No 3 man in 1999 at 66 years.

I saw that as a sign of being principled and contented
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 29, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 29, 2010
Azuka.O:

But really, this is no news. When the offer was made to Ekwueme in 1998/99, he publicly said that he became the No 2 man in 1979 when he was 46 years and would not want to become the No 3 man in 1999 at 66 years.

I saw that as a sign of being[b] principled and contented
[/b]
No.He wanted to be president !
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2010
guddsid:

Obasanjo's statement ^^^^

bluetooth's statement ^^^^^

Now where does it say in OBJ's statement that Ekwueme wanted to be president by force ??  sometimes you sound like your head is full of feces .  undecided
How old are you ? Did it occur to you that it was after he couldnt get the presidential ticket after obj was imposed on the party that he opposed the senate president slot ? Abeg go siddon jare
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Dede1(m): 1:14pm On Oct 29, 2010
~Bluetooth:

No.He wanted to be president !

Sometimes, you come across like a hungry deranged maggot. Is there crime committed by Ekwueme for wanting to be President of Nigeria? Was there any constitutional clause that excluded Ekwueme from running for presidency of Nigeria? Was Ekwueme not as qualified as or even more qualified than Obansanjo to become the president of Nigeria?

Please drop this nonsensical joke because it paints a slowpoke.
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by jeryl: 1:15pm On Oct 29, 2010
I am sorry to bring this here, but i feel like i'm going to choke if i dont speak out against Zenith bank daylight robbery on its customers. I was pleaded to open an a/c with them and i finally opened a savings a/c. But to my greatest surprise, anytime i recive money into this a/c, they charge me a minimum of N200.00. The shocking thing is that they did not inform me neither did the alert they send to me display this. It was until i checked my previous balance from my present balance, that i noticed a difference. When i enquired, they told me that it is upcountry charge that i can get a waiver. But i feel so sad that this is going on in a co-operate environment without recourse to customers. I don't have any problem with banks' charges, but c'mom, this is the height of it. In this period of online real time banking. U charged me for recieving money that creates liquidity for you that you also use to trade in all forms of say Tbills, Bonds, FX, loan customers, then you charge me? On a savings a/c? Haba! Without even telling me?
Then i told my firend who also informed that he once did an a/c to a/c transfer within two Zenith Bank savings a/cs and was charged C.O.T as much as N6,000.00. That really got me crazy, 'cos i know that other banks i bank with, they have never charged me for transferring money from one a/c to another within same bank. Haba!!! what kind of co-operate robbery is this. He was not even informed until he finished the transactions and saw his balance. How can you charge someone for ;
1. saving the bank cost and time by not queueing up to withdraw, thereby putting the bank through the stress of counting and paying, and then queue up again to pay the money (count again and deposit).
2. By creating liquidity for the bank since the money is not leaving the bank, but still within the bank.

Please, as much as this might be the wrong forum and there will definitely be dissenting voices. I urge all who support this to start posting it everywhere possibvle- twitter, facebook, sahara reporters, any other social network site.
Pls dont stop.
This is not just against Zenith, but against any other bank that is doing this unethical thing. People should know their right and fight for it. I have never heard of this type before and it must stop. I learnt banks like UBA use to do same until they met a customer their match and they stopped. So we must stop Zenith and other such banks. There are many ways banks make money. Zenith have all sorts of charges, but this is definitely the height of it- stealing from unsuspecting Nigerians!PLEASE START POSTING. I AM ALSO CONSIDERING WRITING EFCC & CBN ON THIS
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 29, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by HighChief4(m): 1:19pm On Oct 29, 2010
~Bluetooth:

How old are you ? Did it occur to you that it was after he couldnt get the presidential ticket after obj was imposed on the party that he opposed the senate president slot ? Abeg go siddon jare

Stop talkin like you know notin about Nigeria, Ekwueme accepted defeat after he lost to OBJ in the primaries and he didnt make any fuss about it even it was so clear that they rigged him out. I asked you before if you grew up with dogs cos u have no respect
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 29, 2010
Dede1:

Sometimes, you come across like a hungry deranged maggot. Is there crime committed by Ekwueme for wanting to be President of Nigeria? Was there any constitutional clause that excluded Ekwueme from running for presidency of Nigeria? Was Ekwueme not as qualified as or even more qualified than Obansanjo to become the president of Nigeria?

Please drop this nonsensical joke because it paints a slowpoke.

Ekwueme may be better than Obj but he couldn't get the slot because the likes of IBB and co wanted a westerner to cmpensate for the Abiola saga and overall some that would protect northerner interest and ekwueme happened to be a bad choice !
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Youngichou(m): 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2010
JUO:

nonsense
not just nonsense but absolute nonsense
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Godmann(m): 1:35pm On Oct 29, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Ekwueme is one frustrated old man who claimed to be the founder of pdp ? He wanted to be president by force.nonsense

Is this Forumn for tribalist?

You can better express this thoughts in the streets of Yoruba land. For the unenlightened ones you can decieve
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 29, 2010
High_Chief:

Stop talkin like you know notin about Nigeria, Ekwueme accepted defeat after he lost to OBJ in the primaries and he didnt make any fuss about it even it was so clear that they rigged him out. I asked you before if you grew up with dogs cos u have no respect
and where is he now in PDP ?
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 29, 2010
Godman_n and High_Chief
The sooner you guys understood that Bluebooth is an uber simpleton the better for you guys.
The guy chats one of the highest opata on Nairaland.
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Npoto: 1:46pm On Oct 29, 2010
@Bluethooth could you show some restraints and maturity when you make your comments,the fact that this is an open forum where people air their views does not mean we become reckless and hateful in our comments. I've followed your comments on issues and have always seen them to be grossly malicious,childish and clearly out of point. While I acknowledge that opinions differ,it should differ on issues and with respect.
And telling you this annoying truth, your whole family combined,cannot achieve what Ekwueme has achieved as a person!!
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 29, 2010
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by 1025: 2:19pm On Oct 29, 2010
at his age, if his publicity is not monitored, one day obasanjo is going to tell nigerians his experience with his daughter inlaw. let us wait and see because i am well convienced in my mind that obasanjo will display more shows of shame.
how can u come here to tell nigerians how someone who was never a senator rejected senate president.
this is another way of telling nigerians that it does not matter if his(ekwueme's) people wanted him to represent them. it also does not matter who the other senators would want as a senate president.
this country has reached its height in uselessness.
at least, nigerians now know that ekwueme despite his involvements with these beasts, still have some atom of decensy in him.
useless obasanjo with useless books and authors. assuming he has good advisers, how can he tell nigerians that he cld promise somebody outside the house the position of a senate president.
i see obasanjo say more useless things.
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Donmeca(m): 2:21pm On Oct 29, 2010
~Bluetooth:

your bluetooth must have been switched off. . .pls switch it on! !DIOT. How old is your father? where is he in the history of Nigeria? How old are u? who knows u? who amongs obj and ekwueme wanted to rule by force? deadi bodi like u wan begin insult elders. oloshi
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 29, 2010
Npoto:

@Bluethooth could you show some restraints and maturity when you make your comments,the fact that this is an open forum where people air their views does not mean we become reckless and hateful in our comments. I've followed your comments on issues and have always seen them to be grossly malicious,childish and clearly out of point. While I acknowledge that opinions differ,it should differ on issues and with respect.
And telling you this annoying truth, your whole family combined,cannot achieve what Ekwueme has achieved as a person!!
You guys should tell me where I'm wrong instead of all these personal attacks.Ekwueme led the G34 that was protesting against Abacha,PDM came  hijacked the struggle which led to the formation of PDP.On one hand,Ekwueme was pushing himself for president but the pdm members in PDP wanted Obj.Did you guys see the frustration I'm talking about ?
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 29, 2010
Before PDP zoned its flagbearer to the South, there was an attempt to zone it to Ekwueme but Ekwueme himself refused prefering for the flagbearer to emerge through a legitimate primary process in which he contested and lost to OBJ.

Founding fathers of PDP like Ishyaku Ibrahim have confirmed the fact that PDP wanted to crown Ekwueme by default but the man prefered an open vote.

Now that does not strike me as a man who wanted to rule by force and if there is any exemplary Gentleman I have known in Nigerian Politics, that person is Ekwueme.
So[b] Bluetooth's [/b] attack on Ekwueme makes no sense at all except that it continues his reputation of prejudice against anybody with an Igbo sounding name.

All I will say is stop being a little bigot expecially against folks who no member of your family may ever reach their record soon.
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 29, 2010
mikeansy:

Before PDP zoned its flagbearer to the South, there was an attempt to zone it to Ekwueme but Ekwueme himself refused prefering for the flagbearer to emerge through a legitimate primary process in which he contested and lost to OBJ.

Founding fathers of PDP like Ishyaku Ibrahim have confirmed the fact that PDP wanted to crown Ekwueme by default but the man prefered an open vote.

Now that does not strike me as a man who wanted to rule by force and if there is any exemplary Gentleman I have known in Nigerian Politics, that person is Ekwueme.
So[b] Bluetooth's [/b] attack on Ekwueme makes no sense at all except that it continues his reputation of prejudice against anybody with an Igbo sounding name.

All I will say is stop being a little bigot expecially against folks who no member of your family may ever reach their record soon.
Finally someone with a good brain don land.you and I have been through this issue before and I have re-echoed my position in an earlier post.
this revelation by OBJ still affirms that even though Zoning and compensation for Abiola's sage produced him as the president,Ekwueme was still offered the position of senate president which he rejected.
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 29, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Finally someone with a good brain don land.you and I have been through this issue before and I have re-echoed my position in an earlier post.
this revelation by OBJ still affirms that even though Zoning and compensation for Abiola's sage produced him as the president,Ekwueme was still offered the position of senate president which he rejected.

Ekwueme was Vice President of Nigeria and the number 2 citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He can only contest election for a position higher than that, that is what makes sense. The Senate President is number 3 and below the office of Vice President.

So Ekwueme's only option as far as electoral post goes is to contest for President. He did not reject the offer in anger or frustration as you claim; he rejected it in principle.

What does offering him Senate President mean? will he go and contest for Senate in his Senatoral zone so that he will make it to Senate where he will now be elected Senate President? If you were Ekwueme will you go down to dragging Senate seat?

I am a fan of OBJ and I have made that much clear, but one thing is certain OBJ is very vindictive. What was he getting at making the claim about offering Ekwueme Senate President? Is OBJ highlighting his own graciousness? where was his grace when he hounded Ekwueme out of the office of Chairman of PDP BOT and handing the position over to Tony Anenih unilaterally?

Bluetooth just withdraw from this debate; I don't mean to be rude but Ekwueme's attitude to politics, his grace, patience, principles would have been the hallmarks of our politics today if Ekwueme was President in 1999 instead of OBJ. OBJ did good things for Nigeria but he introduced do-or-die politics and that is the fact.
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 29, 2010
Bloody hell, I never knew the magnitude of Bluetooth's stupidity until he highlighted mikeansy' comment. Bluetooth, asweriagd, you are wallowing in the deep end of delusional grandeur and it appears you won't be getting out anytime soon.

What an oaf!
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 29, 2010
mikeansy:

Ekwueme was Vice President of Nigeria and the number 2 citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He can only contest election for a position higher than that, that is what makes sense. The Senate President is number 3 and below the office of Vice President.

So Ekwueme's only option as far as electoral post goes is to contest for President. He did not reject the offer in anger or frustration as you claim; he rejected it in principle.

What does offering him Senate President mean? will he go and contest for Senate in his Senatoral zone so that he will make it to Senate where he will now be elected Senate President? If you were Ekwueme will you go down to dragging Senate seat?

I am a fan of OBJ and I have made that much clear, but one thing is certain OBJ is very vindictive. What was he getting at making the claim about offering Ekwueme Senate President? Is OBJ highlighting his own graciousness? where was his grace when he hounded Ekwueme out of the office of Chairman of PDP BOT and handing the position over to Tony Anenih unilaterally?

Bluetooth just withdraw from this debate; I don't mean to be rude but Ekwueme's attitude to politics, his grace, patience, principles would have been the hallmarks of our politics today if Ekwueme was President in 1999 instead of OBJ. OBJ did good things for Nigeria but he introduced do-or-die politics and that is the fact.
Is there any law in Nigeria that said a former vice-president should not contest for a senatorial position even when he was promised senate president ?
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by HighChief4(m): 3:16pm On Oct 29, 2010
~Bluetooth:

We all know that the only problem you have with Ekwueme is that he is Igbo. If Nigeria have a perfect gentleman politician, its Ekwueme. Continue spewing your stupidity
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by HighChief4(m): 3:20pm On Oct 29, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Is there any law in Nigeria that said a former vice-president should not contest for a senatorial position even when he was promised senate president ?

There is no such law, but Ekwueme was smart enough unlike you to know that as a former Vice-President its only fittin to go for the president. That you repeated classes severally while in primary and secondary school does not mean people do not aspire to move higher in life. Plus did Ekwueme complain? No, rather he left the stage for them.
Re: Ekwueme Rejected Senate President Position In 1999 -obasanjo by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 29, 2010
High_Chief:

We all know that the only problem you have with Ekwueme is that he is Igbo. If Nigeria have a perfect gentleman politician, its Ekwueme. Continue spewing your stupidity
and all these people attacking too are ibo !
I only re-echoed what Obj said for God sake

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shame: Israel’s Hails Jonathan As Nigeria Block Palestinian UN Resolution / Breaking!shameful: Crowd Shouts Sai Jonathan At Apc Rally In Owerri Today / This Audio Tape Of The Eze Ndigbo Might Interest You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.