Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Coding Looks Cool. - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Coding Looks Cool. (18642 Views)

CODELAGOS: 337 Schools To Participate In Coding Competition / Learn Coding For Free, With Microverse, Pay The Tuition When You Start Earning. / Do We Have Coding Bootcamps In Nigeria? / Faster Way To Learn Web Development. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coding Looks Cool. by peterincredible: 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2019
peterincredible:
i have built an ecommerce website and today i finished my second project which is a blog that i created using reactjs,nodejs and mongodb am starting another one on the 24th of nov thats is a sunday hoping to finish it before 25th of dec and after that i will be working on a chating system am just lined up project till january while i work on python at the side
javascript(very confident with it) html and css(very confident as well) bootstrap, mongodb and for javascript framework(reactjs ) pretty confident with reactjs i worked on a simple crud stuff with authenthication(both server side and client side) before i built the blog with react but i cant show that in my resume cause i think its too (i dont know)sha let me say trivial to me so which project are u working on as a data scientist it seems that is ure main focus right?
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by Bossgem: 9:48pm On Nov 19, 2019
peterincredible:
i have built an ecommerce website and today i finished my second project which is a blog that i created using reactjs,nodejs and mongodb am starting another one on the 24th of nov thats is a sunday hoping to finish it before 25th of dec and after that i will be working on a chating system am just lined up project till january while i work on python at the side

Please can you point me to the Python video course you are using. There are sooooo many. Since you're already studying, tell me which one to use.
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by Bossgem: 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2019
Grandlord:
Well, I learnt python was easier to start with. smiley

I'm learning JavaScript right now and it's just about everything I learnt in python but different syntaxes and names. It's so boring. I'm just zooming through it. I like the DOM part though, and also the Events part.

Did you learn any framework? Bootstrap, react, angular, vue ?

Please can you list out the resources you used while learning python?
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by Grandlord: 6:48am On Nov 20, 2019
peterincredible:
Cool. cool

You use nodejs for server-side? Means you're a JS expert. smiley

Are these client's jobs or just practice projects?
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by Grandlord: 7:08am On Nov 20, 2019
peterincredible:
javascript(very confident with it) html and css(very confident as well) bootstrap, mongodb and for javascript framework(reactjs ) pretty confident with reactjs i worked on a simple crud stuff with authenthication(both server side and client side) before i built the blog with react but i cant show that in my resume cause i think its too (i dont know)sha let me say trivial to me so which project are u working on as a data scientist it seems that is ure main focus right?
You didn't quote me on this one but I saw it anyway.

I'm not totally focused on data analysis for now. I want to start out with web dev like you're doing. I did a data task an accountant relative gave me. It was about extracting balance sheet tables from pdf files into excel. Then writing a script to automate some calculations and creating graphical representations of the information.

This task sweat me ehn. I was like, bros I just dey start dis coding mata, abeg pity me.grin I used stackoverflow but I finally had to read documentations on github. I'm now confident on using tabula-py, pandas db and openpyxl modules and libraries. cool

Now I'm working on building a site using Django, a python framework for web dev. while still learning JS basics and bootstrap.

1 Like

Re: Coding Looks Cool. by Grandlord: 7:18am On Nov 20, 2019
Bossgem,

For books(PDFs, epubs);

a)Automate the boring stuff with python.( I started out with this one )
b)Python crash course.
c) A smarter way to learn python. (This one's easier to follow but not challenging enough )

Videos;

Python tutorials with Mosh Hammedani. A 6-hour long video tutorial available on YouTube. Holds your hand all the way from python installation, to setting up the IDE, to projects.
An alternative is the one from freecodecamp. That one's four hours.

cc: olakinsdotcom.
noob03saibot
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by Bossgem: 8:04am On Nov 20, 2019
Grandlord:
Bossgem,

For books(PDFs, epubs);

a)Automate the boring stuff with python.( I started out with this one )
b)Python crash course.
c) A smarter way to learn python. (This one's easier to follow but not challenging enough )

Videos;

Python tutorials with Mosh Hammedani. A 6-hour long video tutorial available on YouTube. Holds your hand all the way from python installation, to setting up the IDE, to projects.
An alternative is the one from freecodecamp. That one's four hours.

Ok. Thank you. I'm already using automate the boring stuff and other books. I have that video from freecodecamp.

Have you started working on a project with the Python knowledge you have? Thanks again.
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by Grandlord: 8:29am On Nov 20, 2019
Bossgem:

Ok. Thank you. I'm already using automate the boring stuff and other books. I have that video from freecodecamp.

Have you started working on a project with the Python knowledge you have? Thanks again.
Please see my reply to petincredibl above. smiley

What have you learnt so far?
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by peterincredible: 9:09am On Nov 20, 2019
Grandlord:
Cool. cool

You use nodejs for server-side? Means you're a JS expert. smiley

Are these client's jobs or just practice projects?
bros i learn js for long oo its is just that then i havent known how to put the knowledge together then to build stuff but immediately as i took the project (ecommerce project) my eyes open say i dey been dey dull my self since, yes boss na nodejs i use and handlebars template engine oo infact na wetin i go dey tell any new programmers just take a crash course on anylanguage you like then the rest you learn am working on a project and just running round the internet googling up and down and that is the trick i used in learning reactjs

2 Likes

Re: Coding Looks Cool. by peterincredible: 9:12am On Nov 20, 2019
Grandlord:
You didn't quote me on this one but I saw it anyway.

I'm not totally focused on data analysis for now. I want to start out with web dev like you're doing. I did a data task an accountant relative gave me. It was about extracting balance sheet tables from pdf files into excel. Then writing a script to automate some calculations and creating graphical representations of the information.

This task sweat me ehn. I was like, bros I just dey start dis coding mata, abeg pity me.grin I used stackoverflow but I finally had to read documentations on github. I'm now confident on using tabula-py, pandas db and openpyxl modules and libraries. cool

Now I'm working on building a site using Django, a python framework for web dev. while still learning JS basics and bootstrap.
baddest my guy that your accounting friend go be like wattttttt isszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz dissssssssssssssssssssss hmm python dey craze well well now i know why but it seems you have knowledge of excel before abi

1 Like

Re: Coding Looks Cool. by Bossgem: 9:12am On Nov 20, 2019
Grandlord:
Please see my reply to petincredibl above. smiley

What have you learnt so far?

Ok. I've read your reply. I haven't gone far. Still the basics. I have finished for and while loops.
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by Bossgem: 9:17am On Nov 20, 2019
@ peterincredible, please how do I download those videos from freetutorials.us? I tried downloading the Mosh python course but it just downloaded a small file (in kb) that I can't open. Please help.
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by peterincredible: 9:18am On Nov 20, 2019
@grandloard the ecommerce (idea) was from a friend but now he somehow lost focus about it and i kept on working on it but it get to the point where i need to apply a gateway system i wanted to use (stripe) but dey don't support nigeria to use their api so i heard about vouguepay but that one no be free to use their api u have to pay to use their api so i just concentrate that energy on other parts of the website working on the checkout,cart,cancelled order,finished orders,successfull orders and then the admin panel to do the admin thing like delete users,add more categories to product, delete account and so on and for the blog i just did it for fun for now every thing na for fun and adding to my portfolio
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by peterincredible: 9:20am On Nov 20, 2019
Bossgem:
@ peterincredible, please how do I download those videos from freetutorials.us? I tried downloading the Mosh python course but it just downloaded a small file (in kb) that I can't open. Please help.
yest that is the torrent file so you need to download bit torrent or utorrent and use it to open that small file and then the bit/utorrent will now download the main file i will advice you to go to youtube and watch small tutorial on how to use torrent you will learn how to use torrent in 10 mins it is not hard at all
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by Bossgem: 9:27am On Nov 20, 2019
peterincredible:
yest that is the torrent file so you need to download bit torrent or utorrent and use it to open that small file and then the bit/utorrent will now download the main file i will advice you to go to youtube and watch small tutorial on how to use torrent you will learn how to use torrent in 10 mins it is not hard at all

Ok. Thanks so much. You guys have been really helpful.
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by Grandlord: 10:26am On Nov 20, 2019
peterincredible:
baddest my guy that your accounting friend go be like wattttttt isszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz dissssssssssssssssssssss hmm python dey craze well well now i know why but it seems you have knowledge of excel before abi
Bro na learner I still be o. No shout make the gurus for here no vex o. grin

That my man feel the work sha. Me sef feel accomplished. cool

I no know excel before o. But I just dey learn everything as e dey come. Google dey na. YouTube videos sef dey. grin
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by Grandlord: 10:38am On Nov 20, 2019
peterincredible:
@grandloard the ecommerce (idea) was from a friend but now he somehow lost focus about it and i kept on working on it but it get to the point where i need to apply a gateway system i wanted to use (stripe) but dey don't support nigeria to use their api so i heard about vouguepay but that one no be free to use their api u have to pay to use their api so i just concentrate that energy on other parts of the website working on the checkout,cart,cancelled order,finished orders,successfull orders and then the admin panel to do the admin thing like delete users,add more categories to product, delete account and so on and for the blog i just did it for fun for now every thing na for fun and adding to my portfolio
Nice one bro.

How do you see CMS like WordPress. Do you intend to learn it and use it later or do you prefer coding from scratch?

IMO coding from scratch gives you better understanding, customization and flexibility. But if you're going to build a site for a client who needs it urgently then I think CMS is the better choice because scratch will take a long time.
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by peterincredible: 10:41am On Nov 20, 2019
Grandlord:
Nice one bro.

How do you see CMS like WordPress. Do you intend to learn it and use it later or do you prefer coding from scratch?

IMO coding from scratch gives you better understanding, customization and flexibility. But if you're going to build a site for a client who needs it urgently then I think CMS is the better choice because scratch will take a long time.
yes cms(wordpress,joomla etc) is good oo but my guy make i use mern stack first take get work before i start experimenting so for now na M.E.R.N stack for like next 1 year so that i can master that mern stack very very well even in my sleep before any thing
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by Grandlord: 10:46am On Nov 20, 2019
peterincredible:
yes cms(wordpress,joomla etc) is good oo but my guy make i use mern stack first take get work before i start experimenting so for now na M.E.R.N stack for like next 1 year so that i can master that mern stack very very well even in my sleep before any thing
No be lie bros. Chei, you dey ginger me wella. Na people like you i be dey find since, na why I open this thread. cool

Make I run go code small. smiley
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by Maskyy(m): 3:30am On Nov 23, 2019
AngularJs is not funny at all.... Still not getting it.

Web developers here should list out their training part. What language and tools they've learnt prior to web development.

Boss here ... I hail oooo
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by iCode2: 11:43am On Nov 23, 2019
Grandlord:
No be lie bros. Chei, you dey ginger me wella. Na people like you i be dey find since, na why I open this thread. cool

Make I run go code small. smiley
Hello bro. Good morning.
Are you using pycharm?
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by Grandlord: 12:31pm On Nov 23, 2019
iCode2:
Hello bro. Good morning.
Are you using pycharm?
Hello!

Yes, I use pycharm mostly, especially for tutorials.

I only got to use Jupyter Notebook for a data project I did because I learnt it was a better choice for data analysis, and rightly so.
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by iCode2: 12:38pm On Nov 23, 2019
Grandlord:
Hello!

Yes, I use pycharm mostly, especially for tutorials.

I only got to use Jupyter Notebook for a data project I did because I learnt it was a better choice for data analysis, and rightly so.
Okay, I go hala you later. Hope we can relate on WhatsApp?
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by Grandlord: 3:45pm On Nov 23, 2019
iCode2:
Okay, I go hala you later. Hope we can relate on WhatsApp?
Sure. Why not? smiley
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by gbolly1151(m): 12:00am On Nov 24, 2019
Lolz....I can't really denied the fact that python is simple because of its easy syntax and a very recommendable programming language for anyone starting the joining as a programmer.

I started with python and it was very easy for me to switch to other high-level programming. With my knowledge in python am able to code in c++, java, JavaScript and solidity

Currently learning how to deploy django on server after learning the framework itself. I have scanned through node.js,angular.js and some other popular js framework and see that, it was what can be learned easily with strong knowledge in JS

Coding is sweet,when you are able to solve many problems as possible and really help the brain especially your thinking faulty. Hoping to start earning form it soon.

2 Likes

Re: Coding Looks Cool. by peterincredible: 11:23pm On Nov 24, 2019
@grandlord which pythpn version did you learn either python 2 or python 3 or both?
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by iCode2: 2:44am On Nov 25, 2019
Grandlord:
Sure. Why not? smiley
How can I get your WhatsApp number?
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by Grandlord: 6:15am On Nov 25, 2019
peterincredible:
@grandlord which pythpn version did you learn either python 2 or python 3 or both?
Python 3 bro. I don't think people use python 2 nowadays as 3 is an upgrade from 2.

How's your tutorials going? smiley
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by Grandlord: 6:15am On Nov 25, 2019
iCode2:
How can I get your WhatsApp number?
DM me bro. Thanks.
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by Sky82slim: 7:30am On Nov 25, 2019
Bro let's work together ...I've little knowledge on basic HTML..CSS..and JAVASCRIPT... PHP...MYSQL...and LARAVEL FRAMEWORK.. 08039334888 Whatsapp.
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by peterincredible: 8:40am On Nov 25, 2019
Grandlord:
Python 3 bro. I don't think people use python 2 nowadays as 3 is an upgrade from 2.

How's your tutorials going? smiley
going good I asked because i am taking the udemy course "Complete Python Bootcamp: Go from zero to hero in Python 3" by "Jose Portilla" and in the course after finishing the python 3 he then put another folder in it for python 2 am just thinking wont it be a waste pf time taking the python 2 as well i think i guess right will just ignore the python 2 part of the course"
and as for the tutorial it is going very good how your side na ?
Re: Coding Looks Cool. by Grandlord: 8:46am On Nov 25, 2019
peterincredible:
going good I asked because i am taking the udemy course "Complete Python Bootcamp: Go from zero to hero in Python 3" by "Jose Portilla" and in the course after finishing the python 3 he then put another folder in it for python 2 am just thinking wont it be a waste pf time taking the python 2 as well i think i guess right will just ignore the python 2 part of the course"
and as for the tutorial it is going very good how your side na ?
I still dey work on projects my man.

The Jose Portilla course, does it have projects in it? I might want to look at it too. Did you pay for it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Programming Competition: Search Engine Task. Rewards up for grabs. / Is Python Really Worth The Buzz And Hype It's Getting ? / Where To Go If You Need Programmers Or Advertise Your Programming Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.