Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,038 members, 7,807,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary (21541 Views)

'New House': Senator Dino Melaye Slams The Nation Newspaper / President Buhari Reacts To Tribunal Verdict: I Wasn’t Worried All Along / Elections: Atiku Slams N2bn Suit Against Buhari, Demands Apology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by meethumb: 9:29am On Sep 12, 2019
Yul Edochie, Governorship Candidate of Democratic Peoples Congress (DPC) in 2017 Anambra gubernatorial election, has reacted to the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal verdict between President Muhammadu Buhari of APC and Atiku Abubakar of PDP.

Buhari had yesterday, defeated the Presidential candidate of the PDP, Atiku Abubakar, who dragged him to court challenging President Buhari's qualification to contest for the election.

The Tribunal in their rulings, stated that there was no law that disqualified President Buhari from contesting the 2019 elections.

Reacting, Mr. Edochie, a Nollywood actor, recalled how he gathered "all his certificates up to University degree and attach them to the form he submitted to INEC", in bid to contest for the 2017 Anambra state governorship election.

When I ran for Governor I had to gather all my certificates up to my University degree and attach them to my form.
Now you people are telling me I don’t even need those certificates to be President
The highest office in the country?

Chai! Nigerian judiciary diaris God oo!

https://mobile.twitter.com/YulEdochie/status/1171903858492227585

Source: https://abacityblog.com/2019/09/12/yul-edochie-reacts-to-pept-verdict-on-buhari-vs-atiku-mocks-nigerian-judiciary/

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by PureGoldh(m): 9:30am On Sep 12, 2019
This is Nigeria... Dz country needs to be formatted and our laws needs to be wOrked on.

The main problem we have is that the people that implements and makes these laws do it in such a way that it will favor them.

Well... Kindly check my Signature Below if you need Pure Original honey

16 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 12, 2019
If you can read and write, you fit to run...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by superior1: 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2019
I am sure no one was expecting anything better from a judiciary handpicked by the daura goro-eater

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Authoreety: 12:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
We all know that our judiciary is a shame

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Iamgrey5(m): 12:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
Perception is different from law

The law clearly state that anyone running for the position of the president should be able to prove or demonstrate that He/she studied up to secondary school level.

>Buhari can read and write (that is a proof)

>Buhari has attained the level of General in the Nigerian Army

>Buhari submitted a Waec Attestation to the Court and a picture showing when he was in school

>Buhari had numerous training in the military.

Bear in mind, the law was made to enable anyone who is intelligent enough regardless of educational background to be able to run for public office.

Inaddition, waivers are possible if a person can prove he/She has worked for more than 10years in the Nigerian civil service.

Obasanjo in 2015 said in an interview that it was a joke to claim a whole military general is not educated or qualified to contest for the position of the president.

I thought PDP's strongest case was the sever before the tribunal judgement.

Apparently, they are now chasing a lost shadow.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by ednut1(m): 12:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
Yen yen yen. No be phd holder dey supervise yam eating that year. Abeg lets move on. Leadership is not my certificates. The man say he can't find his certificate na grin. Nigeria is doomed beyond redemption . Cert or no cert

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by johnchins: 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
I don't know about you but you see I have lost fate in this shithole called Nigeria long long time ago... So I'm not disappointed.

Awon patriotic, don't mention me undecided

4 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Ijaya123: 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
Did INEC ask you for your university degree? Basic comprehension of the electoral law seems to be lacking with this fellow.

All I see here is just mere ranting and it is synonymous with wailers. 2023 is still far.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by christejames(m): 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
Nigeria is a huge theatre of comedy!

sha... #followNPFL. ...to develop our idling youths!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by BobiNick(m): 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
Na Today you know
Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by edlion57(m): 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
We should as well apply for any federal job without certificate... See it is useless in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by oluwasegun007(m): 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
That's where most people get it wrong...

Its called Rule of law...what did the law state..

The fight should be how do we change this draconian and barbaric laws

8 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by frowland(m): 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
Alright
Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by festacman(m): 12:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
It is either Yul Edochie did not listen to the judgment or he did but couldn't grasp the essence of the ruling.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Changethechain: 12:32pm On Sep 12, 2019
What the judiciary is doing is setting a very dangerous precedent... Tomorrow anyone can wake up and swear affidavit that he is a PhD holder and that is it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by danot1030: 12:33pm On Sep 12, 2019
It's obvious it's only the Igbos that are not please with the tribunal judgement but it's understandable.

What is not understandable is how they ever dreamed that Atiku can win Buhari with their 5% votes.

Would they have prefer that the judiciary give the victory to Atiku on those frivolous allegations and the scam server theory with the poor performance of those Atiku's legal team?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by akaahs(m): 12:34pm On Sep 12, 2019
i dont think a learned person ll fault the entire judgement on the judiciary. most of the fault is from the constitution. we cant be running a 1900 constitution in a 21st century.

8 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by iamjavadem(m): 12:35pm On Sep 12, 2019
Why blame the judicary, they are only following the law. You should be fighting for the law to be changed not getting emotional because your preferred candidate did not win.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Ojiofor: 12:35pm On Sep 12, 2019
ednut1:
Yen yen yen. No be phd holder dey supervise yam eating that year. Abeg lets move on. Leadership is not my certificates. The man say he can't find his certificate na grin. Nigeria is doomed beyond redemption . Cert or no cert

Abeg tell me where we dey now,are we moving on or abi we dey one place abi we dey move back.I don't know oooo grin.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by micflo28(m): 12:36pm On Sep 12, 2019
What is certificate when you have experience. If you have been in Nigeria well enough to understand the perculiarity of governance, that is all that should matter

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2019
grin..... YUL ........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
The problem with many Nigerian is that they are literate and educated but lack comprehension and understanding. The constitution does not require you to have a certificate. I challenge anybody to show where it says you need a certificate or even uses the word certificate. That a certificate is commonly used as proof you have been educated does not mean it is a requirement. A letter of attendance, evidence of school assignments, past school grades, sworn affidavits from ex classmates even photographs are proof. Secondly our educated Nigerians do not seem to understand the meaning of minimum. If the constitution says minimum school leaving and you have university you have exceeded the minimum and you don’t have to show school leaving. In fact if you didn’t go to school at all but went to adult classes and got a diploma you have exceeded the minimum.

Nigerians should argue like people who were properly educated, so you don’t waste your money like Atiku arguing stupidly and senselessly!!!

A certificate is used as proof, it is not the requirement!!!! The requirement is the EDUCATION!!!! A certificate is only one of many ways you can prove you attended school.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by qleap2all(m): 12:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
meethumb:
Yul Edochie, Governorship Candidate of Democratic Peoples Congress (DPC) in 2017 Anambra gubernatorial election, has reacted to the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal verdict between President Muhammadu Buhari of APC and Atiku Abubakar of PDP.

Buhari had yesterday, defeated the Presidential candidate of the PDP, Atiku Abubakar, who dragged him to court challenging President Buhari's qualification to contest for the election.

The Tribunal in their rulings, stated that there was no law that disqualified President Buhari from contesting the 2019 elections.

Reacting, Mr. Edochie, a Nollywood actor, recalled how he gathered "all his certificates up to University degree and attach them to the form he submitted to INEC", in bid to contest for the 2017 Anambra state governorship election.

https://mobile.twitter.com/YulEdochie/status/1171903858492227585

Source: https://abacityblog.com/2019/09/12/yul-edochie-reacts-to-pept-verdict-on-buhari-vs-atiku-mocks-nigerian-judiciary/

Ignorant dey worry you!

3 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by MobilityExpress: 12:40pm On Sep 12, 2019
This is exactly why an ignorant person like Edochie should not become a governor of a state like Anambra. Look at him blaming Judiciary for obeying the Constitution. The Judiciary simply rightly interpreted and followed the constitution, whether they like it or not is another matter, but they are bound by solemn oath to uphold the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The proper thing a sensible person will be calling for is a Constitutional Amendment. Because we are a nation of laws and if the law itself is faulty, then the results of its practice might not be encouraging. But this mumu is ignorantly blaming the judges and the courts. Can the judiciary amend the Nigerian Constitution? No! It is the federal house of representatives and the national assembly that can do that. Judiciary kee you dia. Educated illiterate undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Dpharisee: 12:40pm On Sep 12, 2019
To contest election or get federal appointment, all you need is to swear Affidavit that you have a PhD without providing it cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Giftexx: 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2019
The Tribunal, yesterday, taught me that Mohammed can be written as Muhammed or mohammadu..
According to them, it means the same

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Fountainofyouth(f): 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2019
Who ever wrote the stupid 1999 constitution and law needs to be given the firing squad treatment angry

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie Reacts To Tribunal's Verdict On Buhari Vs Atiku, Slams The Judiciary by Chibuzzz(m): 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2019
Na monkey tribunal...judiciary system in Nigeria is fill with corruption..nice for atiku payback time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Miyetti Allah Bans Night Grazing Nationwide / Ogun State Government Imposes 10pm - 6pm Curfew On Wednesday And Thursday / Ondo Election: PDP Rejects Ogunbodede, OAU VC, As Returning Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.