Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria (54599 Views)

JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) / What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by magazineguy(m): 9:32am On Sep 12, 2019
It is a general knowledge that countries outside of the African continent receive very biased, skewed and limited information; and therefore, have inadequate knowledge about what life is really like here. The western world is fed with images of poverty, epidemics, crime, underdevelopment and just a glance of beautiful Safaris and animals.

When I decided to relocate to Nigeria, the unpleasant images dominated my expectation. To my greatest surprise, Nigeria demystified those stereotypes. The beauty of its complexity and diversity is enchanting and breathtaking. Nigeria has it all! Living here is akin to exploring several countries at once.

There is nothing you can’t find in Nigeria! From the ancient tribes living in huts to the lavish modern houses, the fanciest cars, the highest levels of education…Nigeria is endowed with mountains, beaches, rainforest, desert, amazing nature, and diverse people; Creative youths, the most beautiful fashion, nightlife, culture, incredible arts…Nigeria has it all! Nigeria is a country of contrasts.

I must confess that I was amazed at my first arrival in the capital, Abuja; what a beautiful city! It really is no different than any European capital or city in the United States of America. It is a place with opportunity for all. I am amazed to see how people from every part of Nigeria, ranging from different States, cultures, tribes, religions live in peace and harmony. I was also surprised that the city donned with so many architectural styles that you get overwhelmed with a feeling of traversing several continents at once. I learned that previous governments contracted western and local companies to design and develop the Abuja; Asians, Turkish, American and other nationalities equally contributed towards the creation of this first-class city.

My initial plan was to stay in Nigeria for a year, but I quickly became “trapped” by Nigerian “magic”. The stories of Nigerian history, tribes, culture, beliefs and languages lured and enticed me. The beautiful nature, amazing arts, and creativity have become a part of me. In Abuja, I get to enjoy arts, theatre, fashion shows, supermarkets, dining, and business but also still be part of Nigerian culture, traditions, and history.

What I definitely love the most about Nigeria are the people! Happy Nigerian people! The people are welcoming and have accepted me as their own and are always happy to help, chat, work with and interact with me. In their usual hospitable nature, they have given me a Nigerian name, a title and taught me everything about their customs and traditions. The resilient Nigerian people, who no matter what happen in their country, remain strong, positive, faithful and happy. The strength and resilience of Nigerian people are immeasurable; their tenacious belief is so fascinating that they can certainly teach other nationalities a thing or two about persistence.

I am often asked why I love Nigeria. How is one supposed to answer that question? It is just like being asked why you love your husband, or mother or a best friend. All the things we love have faults, but we love them despite. We see something in them that others don’t. We love the way they make us feel. I love the smell of Nigeria. I can’t explain the smell, but I know I love it. I love how green it is and all the incredible, unknown sorts of trees and plants that grow here despite the intense heat during the dry season. I love the laugh of its people, their songs and the way they dance even when there is no music playing. I love the colours of their traditional clothes as much as I love the colours of the sky above Nigeria- always new, unexpected, perfect blends. I love the loud and exciting way Nigerians celebrate God, full of faith, but are still afraid of “juju” magic. Nigerian people are warm, loving, caring and full of life. There are so many intelligent, creative and talented people here, it is amazing!

I have found a second home here. Nigeria and its people have given me so much and I always try to give back as much as possible.

source: http://tushmagazine.com.ng/my-nigerian-experience-ljiljana-kostic/

137 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by sotall(m): 9:38am On Sep 12, 2019
Good read

9 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by ctleurocollege: 9:49am On Sep 12, 2019
Good on you

Want to study in Cyprus? click here
https://www.nairaland.com/5383879/study-south-cyprus

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by SirHouloo(m): 12:26pm On Sep 12, 2019
Nigeria is not as bad as we Nigerians paint it. We assume everything about Europe is world class and anything Nigerian non-class.
Inasmuch as we there are flaws in the system which we criticize, we should also show forth the good sides.

184 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Centcanada: 12:26pm On Sep 12, 2019
Cute she!

12 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by justice212: 12:26pm On Sep 12, 2019
Don't worry there are much more for you to see and learn. Inside life

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 12:26pm On Sep 12, 2019
Make kidnappers no sight her o.........

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by superior1: 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2019
You go Abuja, you say Nigeria fine ma Sister, just no near Maiduguri make your opinion no for change

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by chidi2pus(m): 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2019
Y
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by ikezuora4689(m): 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2019
Madam there is nothing good about Nigeria..... youths no get sense(they are all waiting for 2023 to campaign for one ancestor that will dash them 5k).......

Madam I knew in your country you don't knw the joy a typical Nigeria have whenever we hear up NEPA and the speed we use to plug our phones......

Madam I knew in your country you guys serve God in a peaceful manner....bt Nigerians we have the Muslims who believe once you are not a Muslim you deserve to be killed...I still wonder why we have no bombing and killing in Dubai.... maybe they serve different Allah who knows......

And madam we have more mosque/Church than schools in this country bt we are the most corrupt country in the world.... Pablo Escobar Colombia still dey learn work from us.... they brainwashed our brains using religion and tribe to tie us down

And finallly madam when it comes to be smart and intelligent Nigerians are number one...bt we are being ruled by one old ancestor who doesn't have certificate

123 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by princemillla(m): 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2019
Thank you jareee. Preach the gospel

Meanwhile iphone 11 pro max for sale. Any one just hit me up

cheesy

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2019
Story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by philcz(m): 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2019
Nigeria treats foreigners well, it's we Nigerian that are treated like shit

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Neddstark: 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2019
Marry a Nigerian then. Pray you never get scammed or kidnapped

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by enemyofprogress: 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2019
All I know is that all liars will go to hell

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by bestman09(m): 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2019
grin
Nigeria is actually a good country and Nigerians are very good people but bad and corrupt leaders and criminals are destroying everything.

Pray that kidnappers and criminals eyes will be closed wherever you are. May they never see you

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Eliteklaus(m): 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2019
Obviously one brother don dey dey with this one

4 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Victorcwu(m): 12:28pm On Sep 12, 2019
Beauty at it's peak

5 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Authoreety: 12:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
See as person fine

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Heavenschild: 12:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

Nigerians are wiser! Story for the gods

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by rheether(f): 12:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
Does she have a Nigerian boyfriend?

2 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by enemyofprogress: 12:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
Centcanada:
Cute she!
but she doesn't have breasts nor nipples. She is nippleless
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by enemyofprogress: 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
Authoreety:
See as person fine
unlike rheether
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Administration1: 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
I ran logistics for her and her company some time ago in Imo state. Her Husband is a bodyguard for one Politician in Imo State

8 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Lamasta(m): 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
Enjoy every hour of your stay in Nigeria
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by iReddington: 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
Awwww! Beautiful

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
rheether:
Does she have a Nigerian boyfriend?
You have someone in mind for her? wink

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by dalhjana: 12:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
Probably she might be chopping our national cake through our political cake sharers.
Thank God it's not igbere tv that reported this.. because I'm damn tired of seeing " according to igbere tv"

21 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by Chibuzzz(m): 12:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
You never see something naija
Re: My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria by NEIGHBOUR(m): 12:32pm On Sep 12, 2019
" I love the way Nigerians dance even without music" I enjoyed every bit until I got to this sentence. I was in a pensive mood but all in all You were forthright with the piece.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kazakhstan Has Banned Nigerians Over Rape & Bank Robbery - Dara Ikenna Nzimora / "She’s A Distraction" - Motorists Demand Removal Of Pretty Traffic Warden / US Embassy In Nigeria Closes Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.