Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,485 members, 7,781,454 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:40 PM

Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory (39010 Views)

Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party / Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo / Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by Montracine: 3:15pm On Sep 12, 2019
Why I congratulated President Muhammadu Buhari by Governor Wike

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has explained that he congratulated President Muhammadu Buhari after the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal confirmed his election because it is better to offer public congratulations than visit the President at night.

Governor Wike said that unlike some Governors of the Peoples Democratic Party ( PDP) who visit President Muhammadu Buhari at night, he made his declaration public because it came from the heart.

He spoke at the Funeral Service in honour of Late Madam Blessing Awuse, Mother of Onha Sergent Chidi Awuse, at the St Luke's Anglican Church, Emohua on Thursday.

He said: " I am sure all of you are surprised that I congratulated Buhari. Is it not good for me to congratulate him, than to go to his house in the night?"

"So many PDP Govenrors go to see him in his house in the night. I have never gone and I will not go. I won't go."

"We are the only state that the Federal Government refused to pay us our money used to execute Federal projects because I don't go to see him in the night and I won't go. He is not my friend, he is not doing well, but he won in court, should I say that the court did wrong, no."

"President Buhari, congratulations and carry Nigerians along. Unify the country, the country is too divided. I am saying what is right. What I will do, I will do, what I will not do, I will not do".

Governor Wike said politics is a game of interest, noting that Rivers people in the All Progressives Congress are under obligation to attract Federal benefits to the state.

'Politics is a game of interest. And my only interest is Rivers State . Anything that is against the interest of Rivers State, I will not agree.

"These people sold us out, thinking that they are doing Governor Wike. It is the State that you are offending, because I am just one person ".

Governor Wike expressed displeasure that Rivers State has key links to President Muhammadu Buhari from the State, yet the East West Road, the seaports and other Federal projects have been completely neglected since 2015. He said nothing indicates that Rivers State has prominent APC members working with President Muhammadu Buhari.

The Rivers State Governor maintained that Rivers State is a Christian state. He said that the facts of Rivers being a Christian State will not be changed by negative propaganda and falsehood targeted at his person. He said he never demolished a Mosque as was falsely circulated by some mischief makers.

He said Rivers State is a major oil producing State that deserves major projects from the Federal Government.

"We produce oil . They should not punish Rivers State because of me. I am just one individual. We have not benefited anything from the Federal Government. The only thing we have benefited is the abuse they heap on me.

"They turned the NDDC into a cash cow to sponsor elections against us. Nobody protested that anomaly. Now they want us to protest because someone did not nominate the management of NDDC this time.

"Since 2015, NDDC has not had its governing board, but nobody protested. I will not be dragged into such protests ", he said.

On the passage of Late Mrs Blessing Awuse, Mother of Ohna Sergeant Awuse, Governor Wike said she lived a fulfilled life and raised disciplined and trustworthy children. He said that her burial is a celebration of life.

Chief Mourner, Ohna Sergeant Awuse thanked the Rivers State Governor for his love and friendship. He said the Rivers State Governor always intervenes at the most critical time.

Anglican Bishop of Ikwerre Diocese, Rt Rev Blessing Enyindah praised the Rivers State Governor for his commitment to the development of the state.

He urged the Rivers State Governor to continue with his good works. He said that Governor Wike should focus on the people in all his programmes.

Simeon Nwakaudu,

Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor, Electronic Media.

12th September, 2019.

15 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by Deomovies: 3:18pm On Sep 12, 2019
Good call, still politics. Meanwhile, you can get Latest and Top Rated hundreds of Movies and Series in HD quality into your External drives and PCs at affordable prices. Lagosians and non Lagosians, please help a bro today by patronizing, that's a best gift for Movies Junkies.

2 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by BloggerAdmin(m): 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2019
Wike has started distracting himself the way past Governors of the State did in their 2nd tenure...

He has not fulfilled 1 employment in the state and he is busy making noise everywhere.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 12, 2019
He said: " I am sure all of you are surprised that I congratulated Buhari. Is it not good for me to congratulate him, than to go to his house in the night?"

"So many PDP Governors go to see him in his house in the night. I have never gone and I will not go. I won't go."

Wike is a leader with a stand. Rivers are blessed to have him as Governor.

His message clear and direct. Not those sneaking in and pretending during the day.

In all , You deserve congratulations on your own.

Wailers over to you...

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 12, 2019
BloggerAdmin:
Wike has started distracting himself the way past Governors of the State did in their 2nd tenure...

He has not fulfilled 1 employment in the state and he is busy making noise everywhere.

He has been empowering the youth and recruitment currently on-going in Rivers polytechnic.

And recently approve the employment of 10, 000 teachers.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by Abfinest007(m): 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2019
is better to be a one day lion than a lifetime coward

11 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by fatymore(f): 3:41pm On Sep 12, 2019
If you want to feel comfy and at home, you should start by doing a make over of your bed. Aside from having freshly laundered and pressed bedsheets, crisp cotton bedding is recommended.

The recipe for the a good night rest and a stunning bedroom look is our classy and affordable bedsheets/Duvets.

You can get them as low as 3k.

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by Annie939(f): 3:57pm On Sep 12, 2019
who cares about politicians i don't give a dam about all of them.

3 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by omenka(m): 4:04pm On Sep 12, 2019
What exactly is this man's grouse with his party?

Much as I dont like PDP, dont like Wike, and dislike those who curse this country, we still need such elements around (not including those who hate the country though) so the country isnt plunged into a one party state, a situation that precedes dictatorship and tyranny (especially in Africa).

Whatever pent up beef he's got to cook with his party, he could do so quietly so we dont end up completely decimating the only viable opposition we've got in the country.

Some of us might have written here that we desire to see the death and burial of pdp, but trust me, we know we need their presence in our polity for the aforementioned reasons.

Lastly, make pdp refine their tactics. The current tactics no make sense as per opposition IMO.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by omenka(m): 4:15pm On Sep 12, 2019
Annie939:
who cares about politicians i don't give a dam about all of them.
You do care. You're a staunch supporter of pdp. No point pretending or lying to yourself.

13 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 12, 2019
Anglican my foot
wicked woke my ass

2 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by Sirpaul(m): 4:24pm On Sep 12, 2019
all of una still be friends Pdp,Apc all join...

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by superior1: 4:24pm On Sep 12, 2019
You all are thieves and birds of a feather.

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by CHARLOE(m): 4:24pm On Sep 12, 2019
Book us for your beautiful Wedding Coverage & get a FREE pre-wedding photo-shoot anywhere in Lagos!
Contact us now:
Watsapp/Call: 08030822276
www.digipix.com.ng
Insta: @Digipix_studio

Digipix Studio, 86 Ago Palace Way, Okota, Lagos.
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by eikechukwu8(m): 4:24pm On Sep 12, 2019
Congratulations!!! Mr President

Meanwhile, is your laptop faulty, slow, non functioning or needs upgrade? Do you need I.T Support? dont worry call us, We gat you, for contact check my signature.
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by ChristyB(f): 4:25pm On Sep 12, 2019
He hasn't indeed fulfilled 1 emplyment in the state? wow!!
Type what you know shah..

BloggerAdmin:

2 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by Pascopele: 4:25pm On Sep 12, 2019
Everyone is fine on social media!

Everyone is hustling on social media.

Everyone is a boss on social media!

Most people has fine houses and beautiful rides on social media.

No one is a runs girl/boy here. Even Yahoo boys are not here.

No one is ugly on social media.

They're people who wear designers online and "ọ n'agwu agwụ" offline.

Everyone is trying to catch up!

If you look at things happening online and start comparing yourself to them, you will age very fast thinking you are a failure.

Stay on your lane and do your thing with handwork and dedication. You don't know the hustle behind the screen.

3 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by soberdrunk(m): 4:26pm On Sep 12, 2019
Man way nor dey fear.....
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by omenka(m): 4:27pm On Sep 12, 2019

"So many PDP Govenrors go to see him in his house in the night. I have never gone and I will not go. I won't go."

Na wa o!
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by dexcira(f): 4:27pm On Sep 12, 2019
Na them sabi
land for sale 550k per plot lagos state.07064735376
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by seangy4konji: 4:27pm On Sep 12, 2019
Who ask you..

Birds of the same feather.

Conscience is a bastard.
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by solmusdesigns: 4:28pm On Sep 12, 2019
grin

When it comes to mature politics i give it to Niger Delta and South South, Ibos need to learn from the SouthSouth

Respect to wike, he learnt very well from GoodLuck Jonathan's tutelage,...

Wike knows very well 2023 is very set for southern Nigeria and he has a better chance than fighting for power with ameachi , tinubu, osinbajo , fashola and akpabio than to wait for Atiku and Obi to use another 8 years and pass the throne to SouthEast

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by hucienda: 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
Well, he has a point.
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by seangy4konji: 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
superior1:
You all are thieves and birds of a feather.
I said that also..bird of the same featjers.
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by SaintLucia: 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
IPOB man peeping and confusing whether to insult WIKE or praise him for this comment.

4 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by positivelord: 4:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
mtcheeeew..
Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by israelmao(m): 4:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
Evil only prevails where there is no force of unity to overcome it.The evil continues in Nigeria because many speak with discordant tunes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory by Elzakzaky: 4:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
You did the right thing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amotekun Is A Christian Plot To Dominate Muslims In South-West - Sharia Council / Aroms Aigbehi On Jide Tinubu's Death & Alex Ekwueme's Coma / More Pipelines Arrive Kaduna Ahead Of The $2.8bn AKK Gas Project Ground Breaking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.