Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,735 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! (23960 Views)

Your Number One Most Lucrative Business Is Here!! / Valentine's Day Sinking Fund Anybody! / Ladies Turkey Wears Business Is It Lucrative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by reubenobi(m): 7:34pm On Sep 12, 2019
Jgoldie:
I wished I had super power...I would have helped....my paltry sum of 10k cant even do anything...
Funny you
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Meliaen(f): 7:34pm On Sep 12, 2019
Towerty:
Good day NL fam. I need your help to get my fashion business back.

I started this business about 4 years ago sewing for clients and running a fashion school which had been good. I had a fairly large number of clients which takes care of the business expenses and meeting up with some other minor demands.

Towerty Towerty Towerty, how many times did I call you? MOVE AWAY FROM THAT NEW APARTMENT WITH THE SPEED OF LIGHT. What did I say, leave!

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 12, 2019
Towerty:

I started this business about 4 years ago sewing for clients and running a fashion school which had been good. I had a fairly large number of clients which takes care of the business expenses and meeting up with some other minor demands.

We needed space and organisation which prompted me to move into a 2 bedroom apartment of which the difference in rent is small. Most of our clients , over 95% came from online ads and referrals.

As such we had no fear that it will be business as usual since we do not operate with passers by patronising Us.

Since we moved into our new place in same location., since January, business has been dead speaking on a soft term.

We run adverts even better than before , every month is a more sad story. No patronage at all. The school is practically on hold right now as no one is enrolling for our programs.

We have been keeping hope alive but it seems not worthwhile. In 3 months to come , we hope to renew our rent. And as we speak , not even a tenth is available as savings.

Please help me with suggestions on how to revive this business. Thank you.

P.s: Expenses did not increase at all. We didn't employ new staff.

Mods, pls push this to front page to get the much needed responses. Thanks
Prayer is the key. When things are tight, simply give. It works for me.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by franchasng: 7:36pm On Sep 12, 2019
Ennyhorlar:
Hmmm.. Pray boss.

People are already seeing you as "BIG" and they believe you're "EXPENSIVE"

Who would want to walk into a 2 bedroom fashion school to make enquiries?

1)Slow down on the online Ads, it is not working for now.
2) Talk to your clients on the difference between your previous location and the new and what's the view.
3)Try and secure another accessible store ASAP and like a small shop people can go in and come out and tag it "Mobile branch"

ABOVE all, Pray o .

But I make new clothes weekly and those roadside accession tailors are my to go. When I see big glamorous Fashion house like this.. NA JAPA o. To me "NA FOR BIG MHEN"

But if you have extra funds, feel free to invest with us , we offer 20℅ ROI monthly
This guy here made some valid points.

If your business environment is not around the highbrow area of the city like Lekki in Lagos, GRA in Ikeja, etc, people will be scared to walk in or to patronize you in the fear that your charges will be high.

That is why in business you don't rush expansion, grow at your pace, grow at your own level and speed, don't try to grow too fast to be like some big brands you do see or hear about, grow gradually because some growth can kill a business or company.

Average Nigerians have this skewed mentality that the bigger a company is, the higher their charges and they are somehow right cos the bigger an organization or business grows, the more expenses they incur in paying more number of staff, paying big office space, paying several utility bills, caring for the exorbitant expenses of the now big CEO, etc.

Maybe you need to slow down the expansion and go back to drawing board.

Most ladies who want to learn fashion designing prefer to go to a young fashion designer who does lots of work in a small space instead of enrolling in a fashion school, so consider getting a small road side shop where u can be working from with some fine chicks to attract other ladies.

Ladies love bandwagon; they love going where plenty other ladies are going, especially where they see other fine ladies going grin

6 Likes

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Oosa4sure: 7:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
That your first place is ur favourite though you said it was small and you decide to expand but some lanlords can go any length while building so one needs to be more careful and prayerful before letting an accommodation or business premisses, pray over the place if you haven't the place may be the cause of dwindling in ue patronage, it's well

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by letout: 7:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
Towerty:

We needed space and organisation which prompted me to move into a 2 bedroom apartment of which the difference in rent is small. Most of our clients , over 95% came from online ads and referrals.

As such we had no fear that it will be business as usual since we do not operate with passers by patronising Us.

Since we moved into our new place in same location., since January, business has been dead speaking on a soft term.

We run adverts even better than before , every month is a more sad story. No patronage at all. The school is practically on hold right now as no one is enrolling for our programs.

We have been keeping hope alive but it seems not worthwhile. In 3 months to come , we hope to renew our rent. And as we speak , not even a tenth is available as savings.

I’m not a religious person but I can bet to a reasonable degree that it’s the house you moved to. Change location and pray
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 12, 2019
CotenantNIG:

What business are u doing I want to invest
It's for the Op

Before before say Scam grin
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Allison012: 7:43pm On Sep 12, 2019
neoclassical:
Nothing kills business like wrong location and bad management. Once you miss any of the two, forget it. Your case is nothing but wrong location and maybe low quality products. Above all, if you try all you can but nothing seems to be happening, kill the business by selling it off and go into another line of business.
please bro, help me explain the meaning of this "bad management" you mentioned.

let me know what is happening to me too.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by franchasng: 7:44pm On Sep 12, 2019
netflicks:
My dear u have done nothing wrong, the economy is just hard....when business was good I guess it will dated back in 2014...I can testify with mine.

The story of "The Lion King" best explains the situation of the country. When u have bad leadership hardship and hunger will become the other of the day..
Another reality many Nigerians are yet to realize including those celebrating the victory of failure called Buhari and APC!

Many Nigerians have relocated since 2015, the number may run into millions of Nigerians that ran away from Nigeria due to Buhari induced hardship from bad leadership and stupid economy policies.

Only few Nigerians have enough money to spend on things. The rest spend on basic needs like food, drug, housing and transport while managing and neglecting the rest of their needs like clothing, etc which has led to low patronage for businesses in Nigeria.

So many Nigerians are jobless, no hope, can't even afford to eat well talk more of patronizing business owners. Those working are earning peanut that cannot even take care of their basic needs.

If things continue this way for Nigeria, it won't be funny in the next 10 years cos there will be escalated increase in all manner of crime all over Nigeria. Insecurity will worsen cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Arabella09(f): 7:45pm On Sep 12, 2019
In April, 2019, 28 Lawyers were issued their letters of employment having scaled the hurdles of various interviews stages conducted by Oyo State Ministry of Justice, their joy knew no bound.
Their joy was however curtailed when the new governor of Oyo State, Engr. Seyi Makinde informed them that his administration cannot inherit the past administration's employees even though they were employed under the normal employment procedure and neither of them owns any allegiance to the past governor.
The governor informed them that his administration will conduct new recruitment and if they are interested they should apply. All appeals for the governor to retract his stands fell on deaf ears and the further appeal to him to pay them their 5 months outstanding salaries seems was equally overlooked by the governor.
Government is expected to be continual, but it is quite unfortunate that these innocent lawyers will have to bear the burnt of power play to which they know nothing about.
It is a shame that the governor to whom we all hold in high esteem will chose to play politics with a sensitive matter that evolves around lives and survival of these innocent employees.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:46pm On Sep 12, 2019
etoworld2:
Don't you think, something is wrong with the new apartment.
Can you re-concecrate the place(spiritually),
Or rather relocate.
Then, Follow other suggested steps.
Running promos is very reasonable.
Maximize, connections like neighbours, Religious members, and families to pick up.
Do free deliveries too.

*Consecrate.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by summerky: 7:47pm On Sep 12, 2019
Your new environment has an ancient story
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 12, 2019
Take your mind off anything jazz and focus on your self. You need to take stock of the good times and bad times and figure out the things that changed. You need to know why sales dropped before you can find solution. Did your previous location offer any advantage that's lacking in the new one? Did you increase your billing of recent? I do a freelance as a side hustle and sometime in 2018 my online presence was changed from a u.s.a location to Nigeria and sales dropped drastically. I knew why and I just got back to u.s.a with another account and made even bigger money. Your new location may affect your sales, your price listing may affect your sales and also your reviews from ur quality. Look into ur source of clients and see how u can modify it. Be willing to diversify, partner with schools for uniforms, be willing to cut down billings so you can stay in the competition. Pray. I wish you the best

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by porka: 7:53pm On Sep 12, 2019
netflicks:
My dear u have done nothing wrong, the economy is just hard....when business was good I guess it will dated back in 2014...I can testify with mine.

The story of "The Lion King" best explains the situation of the country. When u have bad leadership hardship and hunger will become the other of the day..

This is even putting it mildly, can you see what the mental states of Nigerian youths are turning to with majority of the comments on this thread? They are now turning to inanimate objects (a house) to blame for a business collapse.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by maximunimpact(m): 7:54pm On Sep 12, 2019
fourhayz:
Firstly! Move away from that new place with immediate effect.

Secondly! Be very Prayerful

Thirdly! Try studying the people around you i.e The Backstabbers and People that want you down

You know why,it clearly shows that the new place doesn't favour you.

In Life every step you take always look at what's surfacing around it.

You have to study your Societal life and General Life.

It doesn't happen to Business alone,,,, It happens in other fields too...

So Make a Change Now and i repeat be Prayerful!!!

An average African with their religious sentiments...what has prayers got to do with clients not patronizing a business?

There are remote causes and immediate causes why there is a drop in business, finding out the why and applying a recovery strategy is what you need.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Cvomovers: 7:54pm On Sep 12, 2019
Towerty:

Theres a spiritual aspect to life. Leave the location.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by charlsy(m): 7:56pm On Sep 12, 2019
Hotzone:
Sale pure water

So stupid of you. Someone is talking about something very serious and you are talking like someone with no brain, guess you have none. I wonder when we became so insensitive and inhuman

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Jabioro: 7:56pm On Sep 12, 2019
You have Avery simple spiritual problem that hold you back,you may not believe me.Your new apartment is not favouring you..is a dry space ..is either you go back to where you are coming from or look fo another space , otherwise in next six months you won't be able to feed yourself.Your new chest carrier is not your type,I meant the new bedmate..all your olden are blessed land to your favor..make amendment before it's too late..Oda bo!!!!
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Towerty: 7:58pm On Sep 12, 2019
Thank you so much for all responses. I am so grateful for the suggestion.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Jabioro: 7:59pm On Sep 12, 2019
maximunimpact:

An average African with their religious sentiments...what has prayers got to do with clients not patronizing a business?

There are remote causes and immediate causes why there is a drop in business, finding out the why and applying a recovery strategy is what you need.
recovery is he a lender?
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by BigIyanga: 7:59pm On Sep 12, 2019
fourhayz:
Firstly! Move away from that new place with immediate effect.

Secondly! Be very Prayerful

Thirdly! Try studying the people around you i.e The Backstabbers and People that want you down

You know why,it clearly shows that the new place doesn't favour you.

In Life every step you take always look at what's surfacing around it.

You have to study your Societal life and General Life.

It doesn't happen to Business alone,,,, It happens in other fields too...

So Make a Change Now and i repeat be Prayerful!!!
Bad Naija advice.. everything is not linked to haters and evil. OP was doing well with online customers , why did she/he have to change location?
Did she communicate new location existing customers b4 moving?
Is the new location easily accessible to old customers?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 12, 2019
netflicks:

I have been reading all comment expecting someone to post what you just commented but alas! was shocked that nobody was reasoning to such direction. Good one my brother. This is to show that most Nigerians hardly think, they are bond to fallacies.

OP... The economy is down. People don't buy unnecessary things like before. People now manage what they have. I am sorry that is the sad truth.

3 Likes

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by seyoops4u: 8:03pm On Sep 12, 2019
It's more of a spiritual thing and mostly, always pray before making decisions>

Fervently pray, all will be resolved in 10 folds.

Towerty:

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by RockyEyo(m): 8:03pm On Sep 12, 2019
Ennyhorlar:
Hmmm.. Pray boss.

People are already seeing you as "BIG" and they believe you're "EXPENSIVE"

Who would want to walk into a 2 bedroom fashion school to make enquiries?

1)Slow down on the online Ads, it is not working for now.
2) Talk to your clients on the difference between your previous location and the new and what's the view.
3)Try and secure another accessible store ASAP and like a small shop people can go in and come out and tag it "Mobile branch"

ABOVE all, Pray o .

But I make new clothes weekly and those roadside accession tailors are my to go. When I see big glamorous Fashion house like this.. NA JAPA o. To me "NA FOR BIG MHEN"

But if you have extra funds, feel free to invest with us , we offer 20℅ ROI monthly[b]

Kindly explain further
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by ashantitope: 8:04pm On Sep 12, 2019
My first question is that what are the feedback you get from your customer? Secondly what have you been doing before that you are not doing again thirdly did you sack any of your workers lastly did you bother to call tlyour customer back just to say hi or just greetings and ask why have u not been seeing them and everyone know the situation of this country presently that is not smiling to anyone at all so if u check all this then be prayerful

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Blackdeewhy(m): 8:05pm On Sep 12, 2019
maybe your apprentice / stylist are now sowing for your main customer at a cheaper rate!
hmmmmm. watin eye don see, mouth no fit talk oh�
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Innomach(m): 8:11pm On Sep 12, 2019
Where's the business located precisely?
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by KraticKratus: 8:12pm On Sep 12, 2019
Billion dollar businesses fold every day. They don't come here disturbing people.

Na for this common Obioma I no go sleep tonight? Olekwoolu unu!

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by Hedonisco: 8:12pm On Sep 12, 2019
Are you split testing your online ads? Are you taking cognizance of algorithm changes on Google (or on the platform you're advertising on)? Are you accessing data on your ad reach and engagement? Do you use SEO at all?

Doing business online is very tough and dynamic. You can't set and forget things in the same way you would if you have a strategically located shop at a busy market junction. Two rules I abide by - don't change what works, and always keep an eye on movements/trends on the online space you're operating in.

Reevaluate your online marketing strategy. That's where the problem likely is. The fact that it manifested about the same period you moved to another shop could be an unfortunate coincidence. Forget all this superstitious nonsense.

1 Like

Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by MichaelDaniel10(m): 8:13pm On Sep 12, 2019

that's one of your biggest problems.
find money to move out from that place to a open place.

and send me a message on Whatsapp so I can make adverts for you on my business page for free for one week. 09037012211.
Re: My Business Is Sinking. Please Help! by 6ixT8: 8:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
Hotzone:
Sale pure water

WTF is wrong with you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Where Does Weave Hair Really Come From? / Panic As Lady Cries Out She's Going Blind After Installing Contact Lens. Video / Top Tips To Buying Gold Jewelry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.