Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,160 members, 7,807,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? (27328 Views)

As A Family Man Can You Lend Me help To Complete My Business? / Never Lend Money From Palm Credit / Why You Should Not Lend Your Credit Card To Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by pocohantas(f): 5:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
Why is it that when you lend people money once, you automatically become their go-to person for credit.

I have noticed this among "friends" and colleagues.

Like that is not enough, their payback tends to get worse with time. Seems they pay back promptly the first time to get your trust, subsequent ones would come with defaults.

Why?

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Mutemenot(m): 5:54pm On Sep 12, 2019
grin you get luck say them dey pay you back the first time ..dont lend what you can't forget

285 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by donbachi(m): 6:03pm On Sep 12, 2019
To a lasting friendship...dont borrow,dont lend.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by pocohantas(f): 6:24pm On Sep 12, 2019
Mutemenot:
grin you get luck say them dey pay you back the first time ..dont lend what you can't forget

They paid back, I have to give them some credit for that. Some after few days, some right on the agreed day. Then there was one I told to shun it, after he told me his salary and proposed repayment plan.

I don't lend what I can't forget, but if I wanted to be forgetting- it won't be a loan. It will be a dash.

My problem is, why do they keep coming back? Is there a rule that says, lend once and lend forever?

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 12, 2019
pocohantas:

They paid back, I have to give them some credit for that. Some after few days, some right on the agreed day. Then there was one I told to shun it, after he told me his salary and proposed repayment plan.

I don't lend what I can't forget, but if I wanted to be forgetting- it won't be a loan. It will be a dash.

My problem is, why do they keep coming back? Is there a rule that says, lend once and lend forever?

because they know you will lend them
and because you are not a mean lender
and because they know they may be able to get away with not paying back

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by pocohantas(f): 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
ornicus:

because they know you will lend them
and because you are not a mean lender
and because they know they may be able to get away with not paying back

So, I should stop lending?

Or start charging interest?

A colleague took a loan from me to play Bet9ja. Can you imagine?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Mutemenot(m): 6:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
pocohantas:

The solution is simple. Dash the person whatever you can or tell the person you don't have . I have one I lend some cash last year, we see everyday...all he does is to greet me before I get to his stand cheesy

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
pocohantas:

be a BITCH na. dey harass them. where my money. small passive aggressive. just know they will probably hate you afterwards - but then again - they borrowed from you.

Your colleague has much bigger problems than your generosity. he is a problem gambler. he is probably borrowing from everyone. cry cry

24 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by pocohantas(f): 6:40pm On Sep 12, 2019
ornicus:

be a BITCH na. dey harass them. where my money. small passive aggressive. just know they will probably hate you afterwards - but then again - they borrowed from you.

Your colleague has much bigger problems than your generosity. he is a problem gambler. he is probably borrowing from everyone. cry cry

Hahahahaha. "Owo mi da?" grin That thing spoils relationships o. Hardly ever ends well.

I think he does. Never taken my time to find out if he borrows from others, I like to mind my business a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by pocohantas(f): 6:41pm On Sep 12, 2019
banji1:
Not all friends. If you have friends doing that to you all the time, check yourself. It might have a lot to do with your body language and what/ how you present yourself.

I don't do anything. I am a very plain girl: they just assume I have no responsibilities because I am singu, with a boyfriend. So, my boyfriend's money might be enough. Mine is to save and lend people.

11 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Atlanticfire: 9:25pm On Sep 12, 2019
pocohantas:

Getting your colleagues to pay back loans is easy.

If they come for loan ask for a post dated cheque for the repayment. Once the repayment is due, walk into their bank on salary payment day and cash the cheque

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by samwash(m): 10:23pm On Sep 12, 2019
@Op, when next time they come to borrow from you, just tell them you don't have ,introduce them to go borrow from microfinance banks or introduce the online credit facilities to them.
Its simple

14 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Thegamingorca(m): 6:31am On Sep 13, 2019
pocohantas:

My friends hardly have the nerve to ask. But even if dey do I try to give and never remind them neither do I look at them in the eye the same again.

I can't stand the thanks you'll give me or the shame from you of my realization that you are pennyless. It breaks my heart. It makes me really uncomfortable

I try to loan once and stop contacting or reminding you of it too

12 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Kendumazy(m): 12:05pm On Sep 13, 2019
They return because they believe you once lend them and they returned it. Since they returned it and they didn't default on the repayment plan, they believed they can easily come back to you and you will lend them again. Remember, first impression last longer.
A friend once lend me some amount. I was always texting and calling the guy before the payment date that I appreciate his kind gesture and I have him in mind. The payment date came and i paid him. The guy was surprised that he hasn't seen such kind of putting someone in mind every now and then. Told him, that's just my person. The guy tried the method with one of his bosses and his boss was amazed too.

New stock arrival! Quality UK 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade men's shirts
available for sale. Check link below for more details

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by SultanOfAbia: 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2019
START COLLECTING COLLATERAL...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Ogbunigwe2018: 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2019
Always glad to lend money to my friends. But there's an amount I can't go beyond.

Lastly, I lend what I can afford to loose.

P.S You guys are confusing me.
Borrowing isn't same as lending na.

Topic says lending. Op says borrowing undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by femi4: 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2019
pocohantas:
Why is it that when you borrow people money once, you automatically become their go-to person for credit.

I have noticed this among "friends" and colleagues.

Like that is not enough, their payback tends to get worse with time. Seems they pay back promptly the first time to get your trust, subsequent ones would come with defaults.

Why?
I have no problem if they continue to pay back as at when due

The ones that act as if they don't know they are owing you are the most wicked of them all

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by sapientia(m): 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2019
Either they are Family

Or

They have no shame
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Thermodynamics(m): 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2019
True.
Money always have a way of revealing a person's character.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Risingblue008(m): 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2019
U get money to borrow na,as for me,I don't understand dat word BORROW as in I no knw d meaning

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Chanchit: 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2019
donbachi:
To a lasting friendship...dont borrow,dont lend.

You go stingy gan o. How won't you borrow or dash a friend money when he/she needs it.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by banji1(m): 12:08pm On Sep 13, 2019
Not all friends. If you have friends doing that to you all the time, check yourself. It might have a lot to do with your body language and what/ how you present yourself.

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature for details.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by lyriclekidd(m): 12:08pm On Sep 13, 2019
Okay
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by VillageHead: 12:08pm On Sep 13, 2019
If only you realize that friendship is pain and enmity, ease of mind, you will understand better.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Davash222(m): 12:09pm On Sep 13, 2019
pocohantas:

Do you pray for your debtors at all
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by Starboytwo(m): 12:09pm On Sep 13, 2019
pocohantas:

bet9ja, Really??

Madam abeg help us ask the guy for the code, the game must be damn sure... Hmmm I fear fix match things...

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by loadedvibes: 12:09pm On Sep 13, 2019
Hmm interesting
Re: Why Do People Always Return, After You Lend Them Money? by mrtidy(m): 12:10pm On Sep 13, 2019
Hahahahaha he's very lucky. I have lost uncountable relationships as a result of lending money. They never payback!

Mutemenot:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

AMCON Releases Names Of 105 Persons Who Owe N906b / Azikel Refinery To Commence Operations In 2018 / Lagos Cab Drivers Set To Ditch Uber, Bolt For Indigenous App Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.