Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi (24441 Views)

Burial Of Dada Oluwaseyifunmi Kehinde, FUOYE Student Killed By Police (Photos) / NANS Ekiti: Its Blackmail To Blame Erelu Fayemi For FUOYE Students’ Death / Dada Oluwaseyifunmi Kenny: FUOYE Student Killed By Police (Matric & Corpse Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by geosuzzy(f): 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2019
legba1:

C"mon sis.... where you there?

How does Erelu and her husband act?

Human being
who is Erelu? She no get name? Human goat

2 Likes

Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by Wiifesnatcher(m): 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2019
police brutality. I blamed the police for that nonsense but the SUG president should be arrested. what concern Fayemi's wife with phcn and federal govt?

police slap you, for the safety of people you're representing a reasonable leader should have left the scene and control his students but Vandalism is an embarrassment to the first Lady, why vandalise?

Npf have all the blames but If the students have maintained diplomacy in their approach it won't have escalated to this

4 Likes

Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by seunmohmoh(f): 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2019
Please do something before I resume

Rip to the dead.
Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by Ijawwomaninoyo: 7:19pm On Sep 12, 2019
The union President is alive, while some people's corpses will be taken to their struggling parents.
What happens to waiting for the First lady to sanction the policeman herself and make peace? Must we introduce barbaric acts into dialogue?
Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by banji1(m): 7:19pm On Sep 12, 2019
Well, in a sense the wife of the governor is still very much culpable.

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature for details
Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by fortran12: 7:22pm On Sep 12, 2019
eddieguru:
NPF....those guys should be giving rubber bullets
Giving rubber bullets to who? Do you want to collect rubber bullets?

1 Like

Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by xpool(m): 7:38pm On Sep 12, 2019
femtex007:
Thats what happen when u give a gun to an illiterate. Later they will tell us "its accidental discharge"
The Nigerian police from inspector downwards are illiterates. If you here there English eh, you go fear

1 Like

Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by oluxy(m): 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
Having witnessed and gathered information from what happened at FUOYE. I understand some facts

The students were protesting against lack of Electricity. It was a peaceful protest. They got informed that her Excellency Bisi Fayemi was in Oye and they wanted her to listen to thier agitation with the hope she would be the best person to pass it to the right authorities. Policemen in an attempt to prevent them from gaining access to Her Excellency, added salt to their injury by slapping FUOYE SUG president.

The protest went out-of-hand and they resorted to vandalism.

The trigger happy policemen opened fire on the angry students and killed at least two students while trying to prevent the students from going across the set line.

"The mismanagement of the issue started from the police who slapped their Union President which made the issue assume a new turn to degenerate into chaos.

It is a sad one for all the parties.

It seems the students desired to be addressed by the First Lady which she could have done but the overzealous policemen birthed the crisis.

Erelu Bisi Fayemi for who she is cannot order such a shooting. The police is poorly trained and they are the ones to blame in all this. You don’t slap a Union President and expect students to stay back. At that point, even the Union President will be unable to keep them in control again"

*I'm just Melody*✌�

My name is Richie Adewusi, I am a student of FUOYE
https://headlinenews365.com/fuoye-student-shares-eye-witness-account-on-clash-absolves-ekiti-first-lady/

Are you writing to tell us and make us believe she didn't order the shooting or writing in defending her.

You have no right to think for your readers by saying for who she is, she cannot order the police to shoot at the students.
Were you there?
Were you in her mind?
You story isn't first hand, it's only based on what you could make out.

Cos, we heard directly from the people at the for front of how it happened and you ain't there.
Leave from who you think she was, even the devil was once an highly respected angle in heaven

3 Likes

Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by Kay25(m): 8:06pm On Sep 12, 2019
She didn't but why can't she allow them gain access to her? is it not democratic govt?at least as a woman and a mother she ought to listen to their agitation..
Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by Kingtosieno(m): 8:19pm On Sep 12, 2019
Police Are The Number 2 Problems Of Nigeria,we Have To Start Protesting #endpolice,
Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by Tapout(m): 8:20pm On Sep 12, 2019
from the onset, I vowed never to participate in any protest on nigerian soil...rip to the dead.
Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by Timileyin1234(m): 8:25pm On Sep 12, 2019
Nigeria police why

Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by Timileyin1234(m): 8:27pm On Sep 12, 2019
She is pointing gun to a terrorists and still saying she won’t kill him cos she took oath

Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by Timileyin1234(m): 8:28pm On Sep 12, 2019
But Nigeria police will want to impress their oga

Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by Timileyin1234(m): 8:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
Una no take oath. Why shooting at student protesting

Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by yellowman2225(m): 8:34pm On Sep 12, 2019
geosuzzy:
I believe the first lady pass tru the walls of the university so she can't feign she doesn't knw wat student aluta is...if she had order her gorilla down and showed interest in addressing the situ in this front the SUG presido wudnt have been slapped or students killed....all this her cry of am a mother is bullshit, we all knw ow she and her husband behaves
This is the only person that spoke my mind. The governor and wife are not street wise like fayose and wife. throughout Fayoses 2 terms, he's never afraid of mingling with students and street hustlers. Expect more of this occurrence in their 4 year rule

1 Like

Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by geosuzzy(f): 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2019
yellowman2225:
This is the only person that spoke my mind. The governor and wife are not street wise like fayose and wife. throughout Fayoses 2 terms, he's never afraid of mingling with students and street hustlers. Expect more of this occurrence in their 4 year rule
it shall be well with you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by GoodMuyis(m): 9:27pm On Sep 12, 2019
Nigeria Police that can shoot at the crowd even if the protesters were secondary school students.

I remember the event that happens in Ilorin 2001, Police using gunshot to disperse secondary school students peaceful protest against government defaulting on Salary payment.

Mehn awon omo GSS ti run for them life
Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by bewla(m): 9:41pm On Sep 12, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
I rest my case
Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by ambivert27(f): 9:51pm On Sep 12, 2019
legba1:

C"mon sis.... where you there?

How does Erelu and her husband act?

Human being
if she wasn't there, i have an eyewitness account as to what happened. The governors wife should have ordered the trigger happy policemen to sheath their swords inorder to hear the students plight.

But did she do that? No! she instead released the policemen to the students.

And for your information, many students were killed as against the 2 people that were being circulated by the corrupt media. Several others are still battling with their lives in the hospital. Shame on that wicked woman. karma is watching.
Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by funkemary(f): 9:56pm On Sep 12, 2019
She was there and I believe she must have heard the noise of their protest so would it not be nice for her to address them even if its just for a minute
The students are not animals for crying out laud
Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by kunlero111: 10:01pm On Sep 12, 2019
She said she had been informed that a protest was going on before she entered Oye-Ekiti...Shortly after, she was then informed that "the students had dispersed and the coast was clear" Now this is my opinion
1. She should not have gone for that program she went for (at least not the same day) if she was not ready to address the students. She should have foreseen that Students would restart the protest once they see her and history has shown that students' anger is usually triggered in the presence of ANYBODY that has anything related to the Government..
2. A part of me feels she didn't give the killing order...at least not directly. I wish to hear more from eye witnesses on this one. ( very important)
3. She said thugs were probably mixed with students at some point. This should have been expected....except she doesn't have idea of how protests happen in Naija. In this kind of situation, the police and every security officials needed to be extra careful...and again her presence in Oye looked ill timed.
4. The positive effect that a total revamping of the Nigerian Police will have in Nigeria's destiny has been massively underestimated.
5. If you ever become a member of Nigerian government in future, try as much as you can to not be at a place where students are protesting. Things usually get complicated if you are not prepared to speak to them.
6. The protest was a peaceful one until proven otherwise.

1 Like

Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by Beninwitch: 10:01pm On Sep 12, 2019
The unconcerned behavior of the school management is part of what led to this. Many of them live at Ado Ekiti, hence they careless about the challenges students fail.

If only they realise that these young ones need mentoring and support. But na lie! Bunch of selfish professors.
Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by SolarHub(m): 10:02pm On Sep 12, 2019
God help Nigeria
Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by Beninwitch: 10:06pm On Sep 12, 2019
ambivert27:
if she wasn't there, i have an eyewitness account as to what happened. The governors wife should have ordered the trigger happy policemen to sheath their swords inorder to hear the students plight.

But did she do that? No! she instead released the policemen to the students.

And for your information, many students were killed as against the 2 people that were being circulated by the corrupt media. Several others are still battling with their lives in the hospital. Shame on that wicked woman. karma is watching.

Info has it that it is 4 students
People are bashing the Erelu that it is because she has no child of hers. What ever the case is, i believe she did not handle it well. She should have stepped out to listen to the students, speak to them and calm thwm down.

Her family has always been accused of being elitist and she proved that with this. I trust Fayose! Man will step out and speak one on one with the students.
This case doesn't look good for Fayemi and wife.

Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by felaismyhero(m): 10:22pm On Sep 12, 2019
Kay25:
She didn't but why can't she allow them gain access to her? is it not democratic govt?at least as a woman and a mother she ought to listen to their agitation..
because she is a goddess na. see some idiots asking why the students want her attention! a politician is not a god; nigerians hear and know this!!! lots of arrogant people in leadership positions; that is our problem! people who look down on us,who don't care if people die.'anyway it's just two deaths,not much' unfortunately,this kind of people are our governors,senators and honourables.

1 Like

Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by Mechanism500(m): 11:37pm On Sep 12, 2019
alaira:
Whatever is the case armless students should not be attacked and killed. Please let's hear from our father, President Buhari.

To be sincere, it is unfair for a police to shoot student no matter the situation. They are major work is to make sure there is peace in everywhere. The police men that shoot them are now boko-haram.
Re: FUOYE Student Shares Eye Witness Account on Clash, Absolves Erelu Fayemi by naijapips04: 12:13am On Sep 13, 2019
Kobicove:
There is no basis for demanding that the wife of the governor address student on issues related to lapses in provision of amenities.

She is not an elected government official nor is she a political appointee! undecided

You are quite dense.

Why is she commissioning projects and moving with a government entourage? Why is there an office of the first lady?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The 7 Worst Offences In My Secondary School! / See The Situation Of A School Classrooms In Imo State (photos) / 4 Lessons About Studying In The U.S.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.