Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,724 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Why You Should Avoid Eating Fruits During Medication - Pharmacist - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why You Should Avoid Eating Fruits During Medication - Pharmacist (27760 Views)

How To Migrate And Work In The US & Canada As A Doctor Or Pharmacist / Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss / 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Avoid Eating Fruits During Medication - Pharmacist by eleojo23: 9:31am On Sep 13, 2019
True.
Its called drug-food interraction.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Avoid Eating Fruits During Medication - Pharmacist by Monday60655(m): 9:31am On Sep 13, 2019
As a medical personnel, The man is right. The one talking about Western world people. Read the instruction on ciprofloxasin leaflet for example, you will see it.
Re: Why You Should Avoid Eating Fruits During Medication - Pharmacist by JB4life: 9:49am On Sep 13, 2019
[quote author=quentin06 post=82188499]it just goes to tell us that we re being served poisons called drugs.

most doctors I know dont even take panadol for head aches, they know the drugs they give are harmful to the body.

a classic example is children's vaccines.[/quote

] Really
If true, that is very wicked of them.
What then do they use to treat headaches and other diseases, please
Re: Why You Should Avoid Eating Fruits During Medication - Pharmacist by sofiscatedmoron: 11:12am On Sep 13, 2019
Sunofgod:
I won't take such advice from an alledged pharmacist from Kaduna!

He's unqualified to make such claims.

Enter a modern Western hospital and its common to see a fruit bowl beside the patients bed.

never take malaria tablet while taking fruits, the malaria drugs wont work, you will keep being sick

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Avoid Eating Fruits During Medication - Pharmacist by Rxsunshine: 11:14am On Sep 13, 2019
LadyJasper:
How am I supposed to remember all these anytime medications are prescribed for me?

If you get your prescribed medication from a Pharmacy, they will tell you all this.

We are always at your service

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Avoid Eating Fruits During Medication - Pharmacist by Gboliwe: 11:16am On Sep 13, 2019
Re: Why You Should Avoid Eating Fruits During Medication - Pharmacist by goaldynboy: 11:28am On Sep 13, 2019
He may be right!

From experience, Doctors and Hospitals advises you take your multivitamins and supplements only after you have completed your malaria treatment! They advise against taking multivitamins/ supplements together with malaria treatment!
Re: Why You Should Avoid Eating Fruits During Medication - Pharmacist by frozen70(f): 12:42pm On Sep 13, 2019
Anybody of age above, 30yrs must be taking either two of these drugs mentioned

In that case orange family has more harmful effects when on medication

After we will still be advised to take fruits
Re: Why You Should Avoid Eating Fruits During Medication - Pharmacist by justman911(m): 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2019
quentin06:
it just goes to tell us that we re being served poisons called drugs.

most doctors I know don't even take panadol for head aches, they know the drugs they give are harmful to the body.

a classic example is children's vaccines.

All drugs are poisons just the dose matters. You won't see doctors taking panadol because they know what caffein and acetaminophen can do. But instead of taking a rest, taking more sugar and water or electrolytes, the lay man grabs a pack of pain relievers at the slightest indication of dizziness or headache.

Drugs are not always needed except in cases where you desperately need to correct an anomaly in the body, and of course using whatever drug comes at a price.
So if you don't want to pay any price at all, take care of your body.
Re: Why You Should Avoid Eating Fruits During Medication - Pharmacist by ebony2011(m): 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2019
Fruits are good for your health. They contain powerful antioxidants, anti aging formula.That's why fruitarian live very long.
Re: Why You Should Avoid Eating Fruits During Medication - Pharmacist by vicben27(m): 1:30pm On Sep 13, 2019
it's soo true l drank some lemon juice, in the morning about 4 days ago.took, about 3 drugs on it. it was horrible for me that day! l was Soo uncomfortable for the whole day.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Avoid Eating Fruits During Medication - Pharmacist by Cantonese: 2:17pm On Sep 13, 2019
Sunofgod:

Enter a modern Western hospital and its common to see a fruit bowl beside the patients bed.

And you go school. Na waoh. Na Jakande school you go? If na so, o ma se o!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Avoid Eating Fruits During Medication - Pharmacist by Jman06(m): 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2019
frozen70:
Anybody of age above, 30yrs must be taking either two of these drugs mentioned

In that case orange family has more harmful effects when on medication

After we will still be advised to take fruits
Fruits are good but some are not to be taken with some drugs. Is it too hard to stop eating your fruit until you're done with your medication?

Nice one from the man of honor!

Buy your drugs from registered pharmacies and gain the additional free drug and health information services from a pharmacist. Buying from pharmacies also guarantees you're buying the original and intact drug molecule and not fake and substandard drugs.

You'll also be guided on proper dosing, dosing interval and dose duration. The benefit of having a pharmacist attend to your drug needs are innumerable!

Stop patronizing quacks!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Avoid Eating Fruits During Medication - Pharmacist by frozen70(f): 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2019
Jman06:
Fruits are good but some are not to be taken with some drugs. Is it too hard to stop eating your fruit until you're done with your medication?

Nice one from the man of honor!

Buy your drugs from registered pharmacies and gain the additional free drug and health information services from a pharmacist. Buying from pharmacies also guarantees you're buying the original and intact drug molecule and not fake and substandard drugs.

You'll also be guided on proper dosing, dosing interval and dose duration. The benefit of having a pharmacist attend to your drug needs are innumerable!

Stop patronizing quacks!!!!

You are senseless for telling me to stop patronising quack, have you ever seen me patronising one
Re: Why You Should Avoid Eating Fruits During Medication - Pharmacist by kalu61(m): 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2019
Sunofgod:

chai, john snow

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Avoid Eating Fruits During Medication - Pharmacist by Jman06(m): 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2019
frozen70:

You are senseless for telling me to stop patronising quack, have you ever seen me patronising one
And your empty skull could not deduce that that statement was not directed at you...oponu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Avoid Eating Fruits During Medication - Pharmacist by AmazingGod: 5:49pm On Sep 13, 2019
Ginaz:
For the milk part I can say it’s true. I hate drugs with passion. I rather take injections than drugs but this particular one demanded I take it orally. So I would use a glass of milk to washed the bitter drug down.

Time for checkup came and my doctor couldn’t detect any significant improvement. He asked me if I took the complete dosage cos he knows how much I hated drugs.

I replied with a half smile that yes I did, with a glass of milk. grin

He said no wonder!!! And put me on another round of antibiotics angry

He said I should use plain water only and never use milk, it interferes with some certain drugs .Gosh I hate drugs and the damn smell.

Wait until you get pregnant tongue

Prenatal drugs you've got to take every single day and you keep hearing talks like "your baby needs those drugs to develop"

Guilty conscience wont allow you sleep every single night until you swallow the drugs cheesy
Re: Why You Should Avoid Eating Fruits During Medication - Pharmacist by majorstark: 8:45am On Sep 17, 2019
afuye:
Your WhatsApp

Re: Why You Should Avoid Eating Fruits During Medication - Pharmacist by vambi: 2:18pm On Sep 17, 2019
why not join https://doctalkng.com/ where you can join health communities of your choice to propagate health and well-being knowledge and information

(1) (2) (Reply)

LSDPC Staff, Akinlolu Ajayi Tried Jumping Into Lagoon At Third Mainland Bridge / A Father's Daunting Experience With A Traditional Bone Setter / 7 Things That Can Cause Low Sperm Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.