Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba (2917 Views)

Samuel Yarling: Pre-Wedding Photos Of The Groom That Died On His Wedding Day / Somali Man Weds Two Women At Once In Kenya, Encourages Other Men To Do Same / Nigeria Man Advise Other Men To Stop Paying Their Girlfriends Monthly Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Olamsoh: 8:48am On Sep 13, 2019
Everyday I see men at restaurants, church, gym, work, i see boys who just wants to talk to someone about their struggles without being judged/gossiped about. We bottle up a lot cause societal programming from boyhood “be a man”. SOCIETY ISN’T READY FOR MEN TO SHOW ALL EMOTIONS. It gets harder in relationships depending on your partner, everything said may be weaponized when next y’all fight & when you don’t express it’s toxic masculinity. How do show weaknesses without being ridiculed? Who do you run to when your values are tested without looking weak?

When men hangout we talk about everything from business, sex, women, sports, cars, religion. Loud laughter & baritone voices masking our deep pains with superficial topics & superposed masculinity, while walking on eggshells around the real issue. When what we really want to say

How most men are lonely in their marriages, How we battle daily with the temptations of infidelity, how family financial burden affects our mental health, how we learn in the moment to be better fathers cause no fatherly figure or how the only manly thing we want to do is cry.

One of the challenges of having this sort of conversation on here is women slowly turning it into a gender debate & sex blaming. Subtly saying “yen yen yen, shut up & stop whining”. The only way forward for us is dialogue. It has to happen, now or later.. It gets harder in relationships depending on your partner, everything said may be weaponized when next y’all fight & when you don’t express it’s toxic masculinity. How do show weaknesses without being ridiculed? Who do you run to when your values are tested without looking weak?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 13, 2019
Na only God go bless you my man
You have said the exact things that
Is affecting most of us..yes..that is why
When we are not able to keep up with it
We get paranoid and throw caution in the
Air....the society suffers...when you say men pls indicate black men....i have been to europe and they do no such thing. Bro they have counselors both in work place and in the community. They talk openly about there problems and challenges...here before you open mouth you will hear..na so Nigeria be ....baba no reason am....why u dey talk like this u be woman
That is why most will keep quiet and burn inside
Las las tue society will suffer it

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by healthserve(m): 8:57am On Sep 13, 2019
Celestial777:
Na only God go bless you my man
You have said the exact things that
Is affecting most of us..yes..that is why
When we are not able to keep up with it
We get paranoid and throw caution in the
Air....the society suffers...when you say men pls indicate black men....i have been to europe and they do no such thing. Bro they have counselors both in work place and in the community. They talk openly about there problems and challenges...here before you open mouth you will hear..na so Nigeria be ....baba no reason am....why u dey talk like this u be woman
That is why most will keep quiet and burn inside
Las las tue society will suffer it

True

1 Like

Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Olamsoh: 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2019
Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by tpiar: 5:41pm On Sep 13, 2019
Wait, why do (Nigerian) male nlers say they are the ones being judged and harassed by females when many (most) of the threads and posts castigate, insult and abuse women in very vulgar and strong language?

I responded to someone's thread one time, and he quoted me saying "I know you're female" as if it was a crime or something?

How come the Nigerian men here (op) are throwing pity parties and feeling sorry for themselves? What happened?

8 Likes

Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by tpiar: 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2019
How most men are lonely in their marriages, How we battle daily with the temptations of infidelity

oh boy.

This thing wey I just hear today, e don reach?

1 Like

Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by emmaodet: 7:41pm On Sep 13, 2019
Bro, you are 100% right.
Men are really suffering and the society make it in such a way that you shouldn't complain, else will be ridiculed.
Things like - men of nowadays are weaklings, sissy, not like the fathers of the old time.
People think domestic viokence from men is high because they can see physical abuse, only if they kniw the extremely high number of men that are emotionally abused and with psychological traumas but because it is not physical, nobody cares

4 Likes

Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 13, 2019
Men are trying to copy western men lmao western men? Seriously? Those failed version of man?

2 Likes

Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Olamsoh: 7:40am On Sep 16, 2019
[quote author=tpiar post=82203481]Wait, why do (Nigerian) male nlers say they are the ones being judged and harassed by females when many (most) of the threads and posts castigate, insult and abuse women in very vulgar and strong language?

I responded to someone's thread one time, and he quoted me saying "I know you're female" as if it was a crime or something?

How come the Nigerian men here (op) are throwing pity parties and feeling sorry for themselves? What happened?[/quote] You do not see the reality
Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Olamsoh: 7:40am On Sep 16, 2019
emmaodet:
Bro, you are 100% right.
Men are really suffering and the society make it in such a way that you shouldn't complain, else will be ridiculed.
Things like - men of nowadays are weaklings, sissy, not like the fathers of the old time.
People think domestic viokence from men is high because they can see physical abuse, only if they kniw the extremely high number of men that are emotionally abused and with psychological traumas but because it is not physical, nobody cares
True that.
Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by MrFuckallday: 10:32am On Sep 16, 2019
You should take a dose of the RedPill you’d realize you’re the man for real.

1 Like

Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Magnoliaa(f): 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2019
MrFuckallday:
You should take a dose of the RedPill you’d realize you’re the man for real.

Redpill will even 'box' you into more of expectation, standard and need to be a 'hard man,' just because of women. .... See? You're running from Patriarchy and into Red Pill. Isolating yourselves the more and saying the society doesn't care about you.

You call guys simps, pussies, blue-pilled ... how is that different from the society that tries to shape and mold you, the society that tells you not to feel emotions or express yourself?

But you still fight feminists and activists who opposes gender roles and the toxic behaviors in men (i.e bottling up emotions, showing aggressive, uncaring, nonchalant attitude to others, neglecting children, etc.)

@topic ... I feel for you.

The patriarch institution doesn't do well for both genders. But yet, you guys want to hold on to the titles of 'man,' 'head of family,' say you're sole providers and still complain that the responsibility is too much?

You don't want a woman/wife who can stand on her feet, hold things down for you when you're not able to (because she's your equal) and still don't want to let go of the 'be-all' man idea?

3 Likes

Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Magnoliaa(f): 12:52pm On Sep 19, 2019
lilbest4:
Men are trying to copy western men lmao western men? Seriously? Those failed version of man?

Exactly. You think things like sensitivity, empathy, nurture, feelings and vulnerability are weaknesses. You think there are different versions of men. You are setting a standard, and saying some qualified as weak, hard, small ...
Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Magnoliaa(f): 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
tpiar:
Wait, why do (Nigerian) male nlers say they are the ones being judged and harassed by females when many (most) of the threads and posts castigate, insult and abuse women in very vulgar and strong language?

How come the Nigerian men here (op) are throwing pity parties and feeling sorry for themselves? What happened?

These guys ehn ...
Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Olamsoh: 9:14am On Sep 20, 2019
smh
Magnoliaa:

These guys ehn ...
Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by OnPointMan(m): 9:25am On Sep 20, 2019
True.

2 Likes

Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 20, 2019
Magnoliaa:

Exactly. You think things like sensitivity, empathy, nurture, feelings and vulnerability are weaknesses. You think there are different versions of men. You are setting a standard, and saying some qualified as weak, hard, small ...

yes the western man is a failed version of men. The traditional man was / is still far more sensitive to others' than any other man in history. The world wasn't always this peaceful and easy men had to be strong enough to protect and provide for their wife and children. The gender roles you feminists bemoan was what led to this civilization you enjoy today. Patriarchy was more gynocentric than oppressive, men have always prioritize the safety of women and children above their own safety but you feminists just want to rant and vomit fantasies.
There have always been weak and strong and man, the world will always be hierarchical, if you weaken your men to eradicate hierarchy the way the west are doing to their men which is leading to mgtow and other things, your society will fall and another country stronger than you will dominate you.

Lastly, I don't know of any man who has problem with a woman making her own money and being able to take care of herself that's just another attempt to shift blame to men that you are not successful because some man somewhere is hindering you from succeeding whereas there are millions of successful women everywhere

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Susu888(m): 10:20pm On Sep 20, 2019
God bless u for this write up man* kiss

2 Likes

Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Olamsoh: 12:21pm On Sep 23, 2019
I didn't write it.
Susu888:
God bless u for this write up man* kiss
Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Magnoliaa(f): 10:51am On Oct 18, 2019
cc: Lilbest3

There's no stipulated time frame for when I can choose to address or not, kk? Don't go personal and start dismissing me.

lilbest4:
yes the western man is a failed version of men.

How is the Western man a failure? Who or what gets to set the standard for a human who is a failure and one who is a success? What are the things that qualifies as a weakness? Vulnerability? Openness? Honesty? Care? Sensitivity?
Behaviors such as a man not showing emotions and being a sole decision maker are amongst things feminists address because psychologically, they not only hurt the woman but the man, too, and when gender expectations are being analyzed, these behaviors are questioned, demanded to be changed.

So, is the clamoring for men to be free, to break out of that gender restriction box, and be human what you consider a weakness? But, don't you still complain about men's health and issues? Their problems? Do you know that a great number of those issues y'all face would be solved if you all let go of the culturally expected behaviors from you?

Look at the Western countries, the state of their economy and inventions, discoveries, rapid improvement of the human life, opportunities and security, and you say a man who lives there - an average one - is a failure?

He is far more better than his counterpart here is Africa.

Still, with all the progress that've been made in the West, equality between the sexes is still a far-off reality. Men were the sole 'providers' and have continued to remain so, but women? They are not only providing now, they are also taking care of the home and kids.

Contrary to what most people think, especially about the West, the men who are not doing housework, taking part in their kids' lives and being an all-round present father are more than the ones who do. Don't judge by what the media/Hollywood is showing.

A question for you: are more men (in the West) going their own way or are they being a 'failure'? Because your stance sounds contradictory to me. Do you believe more Western men are embracing MGTOW? If yes, how are they being made (more) "effeminate" at the same time?

For them to go MGTOW, that means they'll be rejecting the typically 'feminine' behaviors that gender activists are encouraging them to show.

The traditional man was / is still far more sensitive to others' than any other man in history.

Traditions are simply the way things have been for a long time, so a traditional man is someone who does things the way they've always been done, in the past. Well, take a look at the way our African forefathers (and human ancestors) were, how they acted, and things they engaged in. Mentally and emotionally immature; lack of self-awareness; uncivil; barbaric; uneducated; lacking intelligence; sacrificing kids to idols; maltreating women, slaves; were polygamous, etc - what shows sensitivity in all of these attitudes?

The world wasn't always this peaceful and easy men had to be strong enough to protect and provide for their wife and children.

[color=#550000]Alright. That's nothing more than an arrangement and it suited the time. Men worked, women made babies. The men who protected the women came from women. So, what does this say?

The human race had to survive.

This doesn't discount feminism. There is no denial of the facts of things the patriarchs did - but feminism concerns itself with the treatment of women within, under that system.

The gender roles you feminists bemoan was what led to this civilization you enjoy today.

That doesn't mean the roles were oh-so-good, the perfect ever. And, no point here. I say, 'I can plant a tree, too. I have the strength to.' And you reply: This tree was planted with strength.'

Feminists call for these roles to be changed because:

1)Some things are not and should not be exclusive to men.

2) The world is advancing, with futuristic ideas popping up - I'll like you to tell me how the traditional and stereotypical gender roles will be useful in these ages (of Information, and so on).

3) For many other redundant purposes they served.

Patriarchy was more gynocentric than oppressive, men have always prioritize the safety of women and children above their own safety but you feminists just want to rant and vomit fantasies.

They prioritize the safety of women and children for what reasons? Was it because they see women as being valuable, priceless and a human, like themselves? No. They put them first to use them. Oppression of women was (and is still) a norm. I know you can find exceptions, which are probably the cases you're basing your beliefs on.

Men oppress both men and women, feminism is concerned with WOMEN, men mostly were the rulers, there some feminists/branches of feminism that consider men oppression, too. So, don't bring in your woes to undermine women's issues and stop them from being addressed.
If women are liberated, you wouldn't have to be doing so much of your 'manly' duties.

You: Men are used, exploited and made to shield a woman.
Still you: Feminists are crazy, are trying to change the order by removing a man as the/their shields and doing things for themselves.

The traditional way demands that a man provide for the woman! You do all those things for a traditional woman in the traditional way of life. If you're truly dissatisfied with that, why are you against feminism, against 'emasculation?'

There have always been weak and strong and man, the world will always be hierarchical, if you weaken your men to eradicate hierarchy the way the west are doing to their men which is leading to mgtow and other things, your society will fall and another country stronger than you will dominate you.

Yes, the world will 'always' be hierarchical because people are born into various social classes, states in life, occupations and with different natural endowments. People will move up the social ladder, move down or fall off it (die). And humans will always form groups, based on many things like intelligence, power, resources, culture/languages, etc. Sooo, is this hierarchy in opposition to feminism — the belief that women should be equal to men when it comes to social, economic, political opportunities? Is that what you're saying? It's about equal access to opportunities (because of character, merit) and equal treatment (because we are flesh and blood). Being human, humane is what binds us - yet we have different opinions, perspectives, experiences....but because I'm not the same with an Indian woman, is it okay to torture her? Burn her? You have a misconception of that equality and you're taking it literally. I don't know how to explain it well. Does being the first child of your parents gives you more value as a human over the last child?

An hierarchy can exist without oppression or conflict. An hierarchy should exist based on knowledge (something similar to division of labour), merit, influence, charisma, talents/gifts, etc, yes even strength — IN A PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT that requires it (as in sports, work involving heavy machines).

So, feminism or activism in these cases in dealing with unfair discrimination (especially on the basis of sex, race - others things you have no control over). This also means that equality is not about giving a black man a role, etc he did not earn. No. Are you giving him a fair ground to prove himself first and to be seen, heard?

It's easy to dismiss movements when you aren't at the receiving end of what they are against.

Look at how the Western world is progressing and advancing, and you call their men 'weak' and society crumbling.
I think there's a research or finding of sort that I came across about how a successful and healthy society is one in which women leads. And company does better when the Board of directors comprises of both sex compared to it being males alone.

And look at the state of third world countries, where we have so many of those 'hard' men, successful version of men according to you: where are we?

We are not in the 15th century, countries negotiate and have dialogue now to solve issues, not fight war. States are mostly independent now, no one trying to conquer territories, because you talk of a nation dominating another. Even if that were to happen, there are soldiers and the likes to combat that. Don't have a false fear, no one is weakening men.

Lastly, I don't know of any man who has problem with a woman making her own money

Very subjective. There are countless men who have a problem with it.

and being able to take care of herself

I know of one who wrote lists for his wife to follow. Don't wear makeup, skirts must always be longer than the knees, don't stay out until after six PM, don't call your family members, don't hang with friends.

that's just another attempt to shift blame to men that you are not successful because some man somewhere is hindering you from succeeding whereas there are millions of successful women everywhere

As if you haven't seen men who are threatened by their wives' success, want a woman who is below them. Women never buy properties in their names, lie that their cars are hubby's.

Those successful women actually have a liberated partner who is not driven by his ego, is secured in himself, sees her as equal if you check, hence why they are okay with it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Psalm2423(m): 11:20am On Oct 18, 2019
Magnoliaa:

How is the Western man a failure? Who or what gets to set the standard for a human who is a failure and one who is a success? What are the things that qualifies as a weakness? Vulnerability? Openness? Honesty? Care? Sensitivity?
Behaviors such as a man not showing emotions and being a sole decision maker are amongst things feminists address because psychologically, they not only hurt the woman but the man, too, and when gender expectations are being analyzed, these behaviors are questioned, demanded to be changed.

So, is the clamoring for men to be free, to break out of that gender restriction box, and be human what you consider a weakness? But, don't you still complain about men's health and issues? Their problems? Do you know that a great number of those issues y'all face would be solved if you all let go of the culturally expected behaviors from you?

Look at the Western countries, the state of their economy and inventions, discoveries, rapid improvement of the human life, opportunities and security, and you say a man who lives there - an average one - is a failure?

He is far more better than his counterpart here is Africa.

Still, with all the progress that've been made in the West, equality between the sexes is still a far-off reality. Men were the sole 'providers' and have continued to remain so, but women? They are not only providing now, they are also taking care of the home and kids.

Contrary to what most people think, especially about the West, the men who are not doing housework, taking part in their kids' lives and being an all-round present father are more than the ones who do. Don't judge by what the media/Hollywood is showing.

A question for you: are more men (in the West) going their own way or are they being a 'failure'? Because your stance sounds contradictory to me. Do you believe more Western men are embracing MGTOW? If yes, how are they being made (more) "effeminate" at the same time?

For them to go MGTOW, that means they'll be rejecting the typically 'feminine' behaviors that gender activists are encouraging them to show.

Traditions are simply the way things have been for a long time, so a traditional man is someone who does things the way they've always been done, in the past. Well, take a look at the way our African forefathers (and human ancestors) were, how they acted, and things they engaged in. Mentally and emotionally immature; lack of self-awareness; uncivil; barbaric; uneducated; lacking intelligence; sacrificing kids to idols; maltreating women, slaves; were polygamous, etc - what shows sensitivity in all of these attitudes?

[color=#550000]Alright. That's nothing more than an arrangement and it suited the time. Men worked, women made babies. The men who protected the women came from women. So, what does this say?

The human race had to survive.

This doesn't discount feminism. There is no denial of the facts of things the patriarchs did - but feminism concerns itself with the treatment of women within, under that system.

That doesn't mean the roles were oh-so-good, the perfect ever. And, no point here. I say, 'I can plant a tree, too. I have the strength to.' And you reply: This tree was planted with strength.'

Feminists call for these roles to be changed because:

1)Some things are not and should not be exclusive to men.

2) The world is advancing, with futuristic ideas popping up - I'll like you to tell me how the traditional and stereotypical gender roles will be useful in these ages (of Information, and so on).

3) For many other redundant purposes they served.

They prioritize the safety of women and children for what reasons? Was it because they see women as being valuable, priceless and a human, like themselves? No. They put them first to use them. Oppression of women was (and is still) a norm. I know you can find exceptions, which are probably the cases you're basing your beliefs on.

Men oppress both men and women, feminism is concerned with WOMEN, men mostly were the rulers, there some feminists/branches of feminism that consider men oppression, too. So, don't bring in your woes to undermine women's issues and stop them from being addressed.
If women are liberated, you wouldn't have to be doing so much of your 'manly' duties.

You: Men are used, exploited and made to shield a woman.
Still you: Feminists are crazy, are trying to change the order by removing a man as the/their shields and doing things for themselves.

The traditional way demands that a man provide for the woman! You do all those things for a traditional woman in the traditional way of life. If you're truly dissatisfied with that, why are you against feminism, against 'emasculation?'

Yes, the world will 'always' be hierarchical because people are born into various social classes, states in life, occupations and with different natural endowments. People will move up the social ladder, move down or fall off it (die). And humans will always form groups, based on many things like intelligence, power, resources, culture/languages, etc. Sooo, is this hierarchy in opposition to feminism — the belief that women should be equal to men when it comes to social, economic, political opportunities? Is that what you're saying? It's about equal access to opportunities (because of character, merit) and equal treatment (because we are flesh and blood). Being human, humane is what binds us - yet we have different opinions, perspectives, experiences....but because I'm not the same with an Indian woman, is it okay to torture her? Burn her? You have a misconception of that equality and you're taking it literally. I don't know how to explain it well. Does being the first child of your parents gives you more value as a human over the last child?

An hierarchy can exist without oppression or conflict. An hierarchy should exist based on knowledge (something similar to division of labour), merit, influence, charisma, talents/gifts, etc, yes even strength — IN A PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT that requires it (as in sports, work involving heavy machines).

So, feminism or activism in these cases in dealing with unfair discrimination (especially on the basis of sex, race - others things you have no control over). This also means that equality is not about giving a black man a role, etc he did not earn. No. Are you giving him a fair ground to prove himself first and to be seen, heard?

It's easy to dismiss movements when you aren't at the receiving end of what they are against.

Look at how the Western world is progressing and advancing, and you call their men 'weak' and society crumbling.
I think there's a research or finding of sort that I came across about how a successful and healthy society is one in which women leads. And company does better when the Board of directors comprises of both sex compared to it being males alone.

And look at the state of third world countries, where we have so many of those 'hard' men, successful version of men according to you: where are we?

We are not in the 15th century, countries negotiate and have dialogue now to solve issues, not fight war. States are mostly independent now, no one trying to conquer territories, because you talk of a nation dominating another. Even if that were to happen, there are soldiers and the likes to combat that. Don't have a false fear, no one is weakening men.

Very subjective. There are countless men who have a problem with it.

I know of one who wrote lists for his wife to follow. Don't wear makeup, skirts must always be longer than the knees, don't stay out until after six PM, don't call your family members, don't hang with friends.

As if you haven't seen men who are threatened by their wives' success, want a woman who is below them. Women never buy properties in their names, lie that their cars are hubby's.

Those successful women actually have a liberated partner who is not driven by his ego, is secured in himself, sees her as equal if you check, hence why they are okay with it.

Did you type all this with your phone?

2 Likes

Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Magnoliaa(f): 2:03pm On Oct 18, 2019
Psalm2423:

Did you type all this with your phone?

Why do you ask? How long it is? My thoughts are like that, and one tend to run into another and so forth.

Like for a single question, multiple reasons, routes suddenly spring up in my mind lol.

2 Likes

Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by kazyhm(m): 2:17pm On Oct 18, 2019
Magnoliaa:

Redpill will even 'box' you into more of expectation, standard and need to be a 'hard man,' just because of women. .... See? You're running from Patriarchy and into Red Pill. Isolating yourselves the more and saying the society doesn't care about you.

You call guys simps, pussies, blue-pilled ... how is that different from the society that tries to shape and mold you, the society that tells you not to feel emotions or express yourself?

But you still fight feminists and activists who opposes gender roles and the toxic behaviors in men (i.e bottling up emotions, showing aggressive, uncaring, nonchalant attitude to others, neglecting children, etc.)

@topic ... I feel for you.

The patriarch institution doesn't do well for both genders. But yet, you guys want to hold on to the titles of 'man,' 'head of family,' say you're sole providers and still complain that the responsibility is too much?

You don't want a woman/wife who can stand on her feet, hold things down for you when you're not able to (because she's your equal) and still don't want to let go of the 'be-all' man idea?

Lol....the last paragraph is the theory that has failed to work in Nigeria. Female just feel like earning money for the sole purpose of I'm Human too rather than to share responsibilities.......and that reality make men to be skeptical about embracing the idea.........

My money is my money but my husband money is our money attitude

3 Likes

Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by kazyhm(m): 2:21pm On Oct 18, 2019
lilbest4:
yes the western man is a failed version of men. The traditional man was / is still far more sensitive to others' than any other man in history. The world wasn't always this peaceful and easy men had to be strong enough to protect and provide for their wife and children. The gender roles you feminists bemoan was what led to this civilization you enjoy today. Patriarchy was more gynocentric than oppressive, men have always prioritize the safety of women and children above their own safety but you feminists just want to rant and vomit fantasies.

Lastly, I don't know of any man who has problem with a woman making her own money and being able to take care of herself that's just another attempt to shift blame to men that you are not successful because some man somewhere is hindering you from succeeding whereas there are millions of successful women everywhere
Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by kazyhm(m): 2:42pm On Oct 18, 2019
Magnoliaa:

Why do you ask? How long it is? My thoughts are like that, and one tend to run into another and so forth.

Like for a single question, multiple reasons, routes suddenly spring up in my mind lol.

I don't want to quote the epistle up there, I read through all you wrote but you talk too much just to drive home a point which we all know you won't stand by when the need arise

I like female engineering, you lot like to fantasies about false ideas and live in fairy tales.......reality and theory have difference in implementation...experience of males dealing with emotional females is what cause distrust.

Watch investigation discovery and you'll realized that the right western women has is causing more problem than its solving hence men prefers arranged/contract marriages/dealing with women.......perhaps, as an emotional being you won't understand that.........same at work places, women have a lot if biological excuses not to deliver equally as men would........

The western world has given power to the wrong gender and the world is becoming a gender war.......and this is tearing things apart the more.......Gender equality has nothing to do with development.......at least no record of such....

From observation, the world understand that men are not equal to start with and are far more equal than women.....this can be seen from various court cases between spouses where most evident point to the fact that the man in his flaws has been or is suppose to be more responsible for his wife and kid(s)......hence in the case where divorce is granted.....the woman get the custody of the children.....the man is made by law to still be catering for the woman and the kids irrespective whether the woman remarried.......so its a popular scheme for women that runs their mouth in disguise for clamoring equality but still exploit divorce as a mean to earn a living

1 Like

Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Magnoliaa(f): 7:35pm On Oct 18, 2019
kazyhm:

I don't want to quote the epistle up there, I read through all you wrote but you talk too much just to drive home a point which we all know you won't stand by when the need arise

Yeah. I talk too much. What am I talking too much about?

You and who knows what? Excuse me, please, don't cook up false notions and pinning it on me. When what need arises? Tell me. What need? And how am I not going to stand by these points - when whatever needs arises? What's contradictory about my post/belief? Do you know me in real life? If you're not going to point anything out nor elaborate on what you mean, then keep quiet and stopping forming ideas about me!

I like female engineering, you lot like to fantasies about false ideas and live in fairy tales.......reality and theory have difference in implementation...experience of males dealing with emotional females is what cause distrust.

Jesus Christ!!! Fantasies?
Fairytales? Seriously? Pleeease, I'd like you to point out the things I mentioned in my post that aren't based on reality! Please, do! Don't hide behind long post and BS! Address my points. Like.... what are you even saying?? How's this related to my post? Did I mention anything about...about anything you're saying here?? Don't call my argument(s) fairytales! Address it, prove it wrong. This is not how to go about it. LMAOOOOO.

Watch investigation discovery and you'll realized that the right western women has is causing more problem than its solving hence men prefers arranged/contract marriages/dealing with women.......perhaps, as an emotional being you won't understand that.........same at work places, women have a lot if biological excuses not to deliver equally as men would........

Emotional, unrealistic being,
yada yada yada. Don't do that! C'mon.

Okay. You mentioned problems women's rights are causing. List them for me. I'm not going to reiterate my points about the Western world generally making a head way.

We barely have fights nor orgs. and those stuff here in Africa, for women - where are we??

The western world has given power to the wrong gender and the world is becoming a gender war.......and this is tearing things apart the more.......Gender equality has nothing to do with development.......at least no record of such....

Chai. You're a case!!! (Gender)
equality has nothing to do with development?? Seriously?

The world! Imagine, so things happening in the West represents things happening all over the world. The West is not the world. Observe the third world Nations first, before concluding that things are already balanced.

How is the empowerment of women a wrong thing? How's a woman a wrong gender? Men are the right ones abi?

From observation, the world understand that men are not equal to start with and are far more equal than women....

From YOUR observation abi?
You mean that? Good. Je ko mo be. You don't get to speak on behalf of the world. I am not continuing this argument with you. For saying that line @bolded, I know you're not ready to see any reason.

Did you read the part where I agree that people are not equal because of social class, opportunities, talents, strength and so on? I agree that the world functions on hierarchy. I never denied that fact. We are equal because we are humans. We are all flesh, blood, humane.
There are some qualities that bind us as humans - love, justice, pain, etc.

this can be seen from various court cases between spouses where most evident point to the fact that the man in his flaws has been or is suppose to be more responsible for his wife and kid(s)......

I don't get what you mean here. Clarify.

hence in the case where divorce is granted.....the woman get the custody of the children.....the man is made by law to still be catering for the woman and the kids irrespective whether the woman remarried.......so its a popular scheme for women that runs their mouth in disguise for clamoring equality but still exploit divorce as a mean to earn a living

What are you trying to say here?
Are you saying people intentionally initiate a divorce?? Just to make money?? Divorcing partners is a business venture??

2 Likes

Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 19, 2019
The account you quoted is banned so I didn't see the mention because I logged out.

I talked about most of the things you posted here on the other thread.

The Western men are a failure to manhood. I don't know how else anyone can explain how most of their anti-men bills get passed if that's not the case.
Have you seen victims of divorce?
Victims of paternity fraud?
Prison sentencing?
Police intervention in a dispute between men and women?
Lol.

A recent research shows that boys are likely to score 3 times higher in test if their gender is unknown or the examiner is a man.
How do you still let your young boys face such cruelty if you are not a failure?

Like I said the other day I hate typing so I will try and summarize everything.

So you say the reason men risk losing their lives to protect women is because men see women as less human? Lmao this is the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life and I'm very serious.

Look, I know feminists have seriously brainwashed you but at least still try and use your sense sometimes.
Let me tell how you treat people you think are less human.

Romans thought the people from Carthage, Thrace, Gaul etc were less human, they never died to protect them rather they capture, place them in chains and make them build roads and watch them fight to death in amusement.

Europeans thought Africans were less human, they bought Africans and enslaved them, they never risk their lives to protect them.
If men actually thought women were less human they would've simply capture and rear them like dogs considering the fact that men were mostly stronger.
If I'm ready to risk losing my life for you, it's simply because I value and cherish you over my own safety, that's called sacrifice not oppression. What you said up there is the height of ingratitude and selfishness.

The western society was already developed before these equalities you are talking about.
Equality is 100% impossible. Making everyone equal will be oppression to other people. In fact the West have regressed significantly since they started this their gender inclusiveness rubbish.
Western development and comfort was what led the rise and progress of equality movement not the other way round

Feminism is not about equal opportunity, it's about equality of outcome which is 100%impossible and impracticable
I'd appreciate an abridge reply

Magnoliaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Magnoliaa(f): 1:25am On Oct 31, 2019
Lilbest3:
The account you quoted is banned so I didn't see the mention because I logged out.

so i've got time for this now....

I talked about most of the things you posted here on the other thread.

The Western men are a failure to manhood. I don't know how else anyone can explain how most of their anti-men bills get passed if that's not the case.

Right. So, you only think them a failure due to the identity politics, gender-relations ish and all that going on there? That's how they've failed?

I think I remember asking: do you consider African men and the ones generally in third world countries the successful version of men then?

Despite how well developed the Western world is? What are these 'anti-men' laws?

Have you seen victims of divorce?

Yes. Men. But what are the circumstances, the background details leading to them being the victims?

Victims of paternity fraud?

Okay. This is bad. I am not in support of this. There bad individuals (women).

Prison sentencing?

Again. It's about the events, things leading to these. You're only looking at the outcome, not concerned about what contributed to it.

Men are more aggressive than women are; women are most times first-time offenders and have no prior convictions; majority of those female criminals are abuse victims, mentally unstable and addicts; more are also burdened by childcare, etc - these are taken into consideration in a court.

Police intervention in a dispute between men and women?
Lol.

Do you think that this isn't likely caused by the culture we are in? Firstly, men are stronger, and women more vulnerable (or have been raised to be, anyone). So the protection will go to them. And in cases where there's no discrimination, and the man is purely innocent, people don't believe because of their perceptions, fixed mentality about masculinity.

A recent research shows that boys are likely to score 3 times higher in test if their gender is unknown or the examiner is a man.

What does this say? A bias against men?

Like I said the other day I hate typing so I will try and summarize everything.

So you say the reason men risk losing their lives to protect women is because men see women as less human? Lmao this is the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life and I'm very serious.

Look, I know feminists have seriously brainwashed you but at least still try and use your sense sometimes.
Let me tell how you treat people you think are less human.

Romans thought the people from Carthage, Thrace, Gaul etc were less human, they never died to protect them rather they capture, place them in chains and make them build roads and watch them fight to death in amusement.

Europeans thought Africans were less human, they bought Africans and enslaved them, they never risk their lives to protect them.

Lesser people they used. To do things for themselves.

Come, don't you believe if you can still keep something/someone even though they disgust you and you have no value for them? Look at abusers and their victim, etc.

If men actually thought women were less human they would've simply capture and rear them like dogs considering the fact that men were mostly stronger.

Women were there for biological purposes. And to satisfy their lust, whatever. Basically do domestic things.

We are more than biological creatures - equality and my argument for it is from the social, economical, mental point of view. These are part of our make-up, and because the natural world determining the set up of gender roles and responsibilities in a simplistic way should not mean we should go on with it.

If I'm ready to risk losing my life for you, it's simply because I value and cherish you over my own safety, that's called sacrifice

So now it's because of me? Not honor? Glory and whatnot 'values' you said men were sold? Aren't you doing all those to prove yourself as a man?

The western society was already developed before these equalities you are talking about.

Prove this.

LMAO. So what you're saying is that activism, civil rights movements, and so much more social changes absolutely did nothing to aid the Western world in their growth?

Physical things being done and built doesn't mean humans are good, okay. That people are establishing institutions, corporations, etc is not equal to a better treatment of human lives.

Equality is 100% impossible. Making everyone equal will be oppression to other people.

How'll this be? I'm curious. Please, explain.

In fact the West have regressed significantly since they started this their gender inclusiveness rubbish.

Says a man from a third world State.

Western development and comfort was what led the rise and progress of equality movement not the other way round

Er, yeah. On a general level. You echoed my POV. Because things were being done PHYSICALLY, ECONOMICALLY provisions for social change, respect and Equality began to be made for. When things are okay externally, you have the basic needs of life met, then you're able to focus inward, on your emotions and self-actualization.

Feminism is not about equal opportunity, it's about equality of outcome which is 100%impossible and impracticable

Continue to believe a misrepresentation...

I'd appreciate an abridge reply

Short enough? I tried to make it.

Magnoliaa

1 Like

Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Olamsoh: 12:42pm On Oct 31, 2019
kazyhm:

Lol....the last paragraph is the theory that has failed to work in Nigeria. Female just feel like earning money for the sole purpose of I'm Human too rather than to share responsibilities.......and that reality make men to be skeptical about embracing the idea.........

My money is my money but my husband money is our money attitude
True
Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 11, 2019
Magnoliaa:

so i've got time for this now....

Right. So, you only think them a failure due to the identity politics, gender-relations ish and all that going on there? That's how they've failed?

I think I remember asking: do you consider African men and the ones generally in third world countries the successful version of men then?

Despite how well developed the Western world is? What are these 'anti-men' laws?

Yes. Men. But what are the circumstances, the background details leading to them being the victims?

Okay. This is bad. I am not in support of this. There bad individuals (women).

Again. It's about the events, things leading to these. You're only looking at the outcome, not concerned about what contributed to it.

Men are more aggressive than women are; women are most times first-time offenders and have no prior convictions; majority of those female criminals are abuse victims, mentally unstable and addicts; more are also burdened by childcare, etc - these are taken into consideration in a court.

Do you think that this isn't likely caused by the culture we are in? Firstly, men are stronger, and women more vulnerable (or have been raised to be, anyone). So the protection will go to them. And in cases where there's no discrimination, and the man is purely innocent, people don't believe because of their perceptions, fixed mentality about masculinity.

What does this say? A bias against men?

Lesser people they used. To do things for themselves.

Come, don't you believe if you can still keep something/someone even though they disgust you and you have no value for them? Look at abusers and their victim, etc.

Women were there for biological purposes. And to satisfy their lust, whatever. Basically do domestic things.

We are more than biological creatures - equality and my argument for it is from the social, economical, mental point of view. These are part of our make-up, and because the natural world determining the set up of gender roles and responsibilities in a simplistic way should not mean we should go on with it.

So now it's because of me? Not honor? Glory and whatnot 'values' you said men were sold? Aren't you doing all those to prove yourself as a man?

Prove this.

LMAO. So what you're saying is that activism, civil rights movements, and so much more social changes absolutely did nothing to aid the Western world in their growth?

Physical things being done and built doesn't mean humans are good, okay. That people are establishing institutions, corporations, etc is not equal to a better treatment of human lives.

How'll this be? I'm curious. Please, explain.

Says a man from a third world State.

Er, yeah. On a general level. You echoed my POV. Because things were being done PHYSICALLY, ECONOMICALLY provisions for social change, respect and Equality began to be made for. When things are okay externally, you have the basic needs of life met, then you're able to focus inward, on your emotions and self-actualization.

Continue to believe a misrepresentation...

Short enough? I tried to make it.

the boys falling behind in education is as a result of bias against men. The attempt to reduce the number of men that will get degree and subsequently be in the position of power coupled with ingrained hatred for white boys by the leftist teachers who are in charge of those classes.
Tell me, if research showed that girls are likely to score 3 times higher in a test if their gender are unknown or the examiners are females would you disagree that it's bias against females and misogyny?

I told you already that patriarchy was more gynocentric than oppressive, you disagreed then agreed when I brought up the police intervention why don't you quit the mental gymnastics and accept the fact that men never oppressed women but rather did everything to protect and provide for them?
In Prison sentencing there's no need for any background and events leading to crime for women to get lesser prison sentence, that's how it is. Women get sentence to 3 times lesser prison time than men for committing the exact same crime the reason is mainly because of how short your reproductive span is which still point to protecting you even when you commit crimes so what is this great oppression you are talking about?

We are not equal socially, economically and mentally.
Equality is a lie told to lesser people to make them feel better about themselves. Do you think Linda ikeji wants to be equal with me? There are places and people that will feel honoured to have Linda Ikeji, Adichie, Iweala, dj cuppy in their homes but will tell me to get the fúck out of their street.
Don't let anyone deceive you we are not equal.
Equality is myth, a social lie to stop people from committing suicide.
So you think your father kept your mother as a sex slave and reproductory machine? Lol that was not the majority of the cases. Maybe just an individual corruption

1 Like

Re: Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba by Olamsoh: 9:37am On Nov 12, 2019
wink
Lilbest3:
the boys falling behind in education is as a result of bias against men. The attempt to reduce the number of men that will get degree and subsequently be in the position of power coupled with ingrained hatred for white boys by the leftist teachers who are in charge of those classes.
Tell me, if research showed that girls are likely to score 3 times higher in a test if their gender are unknown or the examiners are females would you disagree that it's bias against females and misogyny?

I told you already that patriarchy was more gynocentric than oppressive, you disagreed them agreed when I brought up the police intervention why don't you quit the mental gymnastics and accept the fact that men never oppressed women but rather did everything to protect and provide for them?
Prison sentencing there's no need for any background and events leading to crime for women to get lesser prison sentence it's a thing, that's how it is. Women get sentence to 3 times lesser prison time than men the reason is mainly because of how short your reproductive span is which still point to protecting you even when you commit crimes so what is this great oppression you are talking about?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Go Ahead? / What Is Stopping You Or Delaying You From Getting Married / Chibudollar Scammed Me Of 89k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.