Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,540 members, 7,808,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) (58026 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos) / Gabriel Igbinedion's 84th Birthday Service (Photos) / Gabriel Igbinedion's 83rd Birthday Celebration In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by Thegamingorca(m): 2:07pm On Sep 13, 2019
Elzakzaky:

Stop brandishing your folly online. So you must swallow everything Davido says? Even Dangote cannot make that statement

But how can ooni enter hot Sun to celebrate byday of a town chief in bini when the celebrants next door neighbour will never attend lol.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by banji1(m): 2:07pm On Sep 13, 2019
Glamorous!!

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature for details.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by majamajic(m): 2:08pm On Sep 13, 2019
Lawalemi:
Do they drive these cars from Ile Ife to these venues or how?

no

it's a toy car
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by Sussan1(f): 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2019
serosa:
They are actually meant to attend in the first place.

Because in the traditional way. The esama of.BENIN is bigger than the ooni of ife.
Get well soon

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by loadedvibes: 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2019
Lol.. I swear
Neoteny:

Local Gandalf has arrived

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by Ryan101(m): 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2019
serosa:

Because in the traditional way. The esama of.BENIN is bigger than the ooni of ife.

This is highly wrong.. If you notice the ooni is sitting on the throne of the esama.. Because the ooni is the highest heirachy in the yoruba kingdom

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by dada01(m): 2:21pm On Sep 13, 2019
There should not be Gods among men. We are all equal..... Royalty is a man construct.......
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by Dispensable(m): 2:21pm On Sep 13, 2019
serosa:

how sure are you about what you just said
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by Jman06(m): 2:22pm On Sep 13, 2019
With the kind of dignitaries that attended this birthday, it is clear that something else unite these men! What else will attract a whole Ooni of Ife to the birthday of a chief, not even oba of bini himself?

If I say OGBO....and you make mistake go add other word to it, na you sabi ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 13, 2019
Blogfarms:
What do you know...even the king of Benin is beneath the Oni of Ife...
Esama ko, Edema ni

Your having a brain tumor

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 13, 2019
Sussan1:
Get well soon

You too grin

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 13, 2019
Ryan101:

This is highly wrong.. If you notice the ooni is sitting on the throne of the esama.. Because the ooni is the highest heirachy in the yoruba kingdom

Now You are dumb.
Who told You BENIN people are yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by Sewgon79(m): 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2019
serosa:

Okay he is bigger than Ooni and yet he vacate his Stool for Greatest Monarch in Nigeria of all time to sit down. What an Irony

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by sacramento1212: 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2019
serosa:

You are completely wrong. The Esama of Benin is no where next to Ooni of Ife even though Ooni is in the yoruba kingdom but even traditionally, he's a king and sits on the throne but that's not the same with Esama of Benin.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by sacramento1212: 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2019
serosa:

Now You are dumb.
Who told You BENIN people are yorubas.

If Benin people aren't yoruba, why are you comparing the 2?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by Sewgon79(m): 2:29pm On Sep 13, 2019
chiefolododo:
no King in Nigeria is greater than Ooni of Ife

Gbam you said it all, Ada fun jàre.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 13, 2019
sacramento1212:

You are completely wrong. The Esama of Benin is no where next to Ooni of Ife even though Ooni is in the yoruba kingdom but even traditionally, he's a king and sits on the throne but that's not the same with Esama of Benin.

BENIN is not yoruba land.
The esama of BENIN is still bigger than ooni of ife in authority.
Forget about where he is siting down.
It is called respect because he is a king.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by Sewgon79(m): 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2019
tmanuelle:

What you said above cannot be said of the Oba of Benin with respect to Ooni (with all due respect to the Oba of Benin), how much more the Esama the late Oba Erediauwa dealt seriously with for some misconduct.

The picture should show you some ranking in the country.

Don't do that again, you hear?

God will bless you o-o jare

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2019
sacramento1212:

If Benin people aren't yoruba, why are you comparing the 2?

Not comparaing.
I read books npt fake books written by common yoruba men.
I mean history books.

The benins have an history with the yoruba.
Even when the oba of BENIN was being crowned.
All the yoruba kings came.
Because he is their leader.

But when this yoruba king are being crowned Tje oba of BENIN can never go for It.

Because he is the head.

Just like the esama of BENIN.

Dont get me wrong Am not a BENIN girl.

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by sacramento1212: 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2019
serosa:

Well, wetin concern me. I'm neither Yoruba nor Benin. I can only argue convincingly if na tradition from Ibibio Land.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by Origin(f): 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2019
Niceeeee..
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by Sewgon79(m): 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2019
serosa:

Abeg see for yourself where your king is rank among the monarch in Nigeria.

Kí ẹ lẹgbẹ mọ ẹgbẹ́ ni ẹgbẹ́

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by sacramento1212: 2:36pm On Sep 13, 2019
serosa:

Not comparaing.
I mean history books.

But when this yoruba king are being crowned Tje oba of BENIN can never go for It.

Because he is the head.

Okay ooo if you say so.. Let the Yorubas highly knowledgeable in traditonal matters in Yoruba kingdom counter your post.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2019
sacramento1212:

But the ooni of ife still pays homage to the esama of BENIN.

Am not saying this from stories.
Am saying this from history books have read.

Am not Even BENIN self.
Pls no kill me

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by Sewgon79(m): 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2019
serosa:

Why are you guys have eyes and can see

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by thundafire: 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2019
Witchcraft gees at there best outing

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by eLcastro(m): 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2019
serosa:

Not comparaing.
I mean history books.

Because he is the head.

where is the esama of bini ranked amongst the bini royalties..........
I don't mean in riches..politics or that sort
Am talking pure traditional
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by sacramento1212: 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2019
serosa:

But the ooni of ife still pays homage to the esama of BENIN.

Am not saying this from stories.
Am saying this from history books have read.

Am not Even BENIN self.
Pls no kill me

grin grin No one is killing you. No knowledge is a waste.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2019
Sewgon79:

Abeg see for yourself where your king is rank among the monarch in Nigeria.

Kí ẹ lẹgbẹ mọ ẹgbẹ́ ni ẹgbẹ́

You thing Am a fool to believe in that stupid pics.

Am not BENIN.

But yoruba are Just known to turn history.

I bet if ooni of ife should celebrate birthday the esama of BENIN will rush to the palace.

The ooni of ife is still a baby joor.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by Omoejigbahe(m): 2:40pm On Sep 13, 2019
aaronson:
Obasanjo and Jonathan also attended.

DISTRESS SALES DEAL on a Lexus down my signature.
DISTRESS SALES DEAL on a Lexus down my signature.

How do i see it
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2019
eLcastro:
where is the esama of bini ranked amongst the bini royalties..........
I don't mean in riches..politics or that sort
Am talking pure traditional

Cant be double sure.
But history has It that he is one of the most powerful BENIN ruler.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi At Gabriel Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (Photos) by Doyenro23(m): 2:44pm On Sep 13, 2019
Thegamingorca:

Esama is not the oba of bini. The esama has no throne lol.

The oba of bini will never let anyone sit on his throne.

Igbinedion has scammed your ooni and all his kinsman to think they are in the oba palace

They fell for it angry angry angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

All Eyes On Oluwo Of Iwo At London Airport As He Arrives Country In Style.Photos / Ooni Of Ife’s Ex-Wife Zaynab, Forgives Him, Congratulates Him & His New Wife / China People And Culture In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.