Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,347 members, 7,780,931 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:45 AM

My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife (7268 Views)

He Sent Her N1 Million Because She Resembles His Late Wife / How I Started Sleeping With My Brother's Wife / Iyabo Ojo's Daughter Inherited Her Banging Body From Her Mother (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by mu2sa2: 6:56am On Sep 14, 2019
Jamersirwin1971:

Aussie is Australia ...
Check out her topics on nl and you would ask her again when she became an Aussie?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by OkunrinMeta: 6:58am On Sep 14, 2019
adontcare:
Mrs, the man just lied to you. He is happily married and had a baby with his wife. Please use ur head.

How do you know this? She already know he married her. Is it part of Nigerian culture to marry your late brothers wife? YES! So what's your issue?
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 14, 2019
zyzxx:
you have just been mugulized grin grin grin
that's a lie. There's tradition like that. My grandfather married one of his father's wife
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by d33types: 7:52am On Sep 14, 2019
See Nigerians doing what they know best. Fraud.

And people are supporting this fraudulent act. We are still in the dark ages,men
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 14, 2019
adontcare:
Mrs, the man just lied to you. He is happily married and had a baby with his wife. Please use ur head.
you be mumu. How did you conclude that he lied? My grandfather married one of his father's wives, there's a man close to me that also married his father's wife. There're a lot of traditions you don't know, don't go and destroy people's relationships because of ignorance

1 Like

Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 14, 2019
bixton:

This your story is not pure at all.
There's no such thing as that existing in Nigeria and nobody does that anywhere in Nigeria. You can tell that to the children as midnite stories. You even deliberately refused telling us which part of Nigeria, tribe, state and community your husband comes from.
That woman is completely your husband's wife and never was his brother's wife. Nobody and in no place anyone officially does a marriage ceremony to an inherited wife.............that will amount to paying of bride price twice and doing certain ceremonies.
It's either you're completely lying or being dumb or your husband is telling your straight lies to your face and you're buying it telling us you're an Aussie.

Apologies but this story is entirely completely false.
He has refused to have children with you because he does not want to have children elsewhere because of his love for his original wife.
Good luck.
shut the fucck up and stop spewing nonsense out of ignorance. There're a lot of cultures and traditions in Nigeria you don't know about. Inheriting wives is part of my culture in Esan, Edo state

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by zyzxx(m): 8:56am On Sep 14, 2019
lilbest4:
that's a lie. There's tradition like that. My grandfather married one of his father's wife
oga don't you read the story? Why didn't he tell the wife from start? He denied the wife the opportunity to born for him claiming he didn't want any child in this wicked world! , Aba, and he has children in Nigeria, ah ah, Who does that?
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by zyzxx(m): 8:59am On Sep 14, 2019
Burgerlomo:

Yahoo man with no Laptop grin
i tell you grin
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by mhizv(f): 9:03am On Sep 14, 2019
zyzxx:
you have just been mugulized grin grin grin

I swear. I know of one, married to a white and his wife(Nigerian) works as a made for them. Lolz says he's helping a single mom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by princfred(m): 9:03am On Sep 14, 2019
OKOATA:
Evil people like you, that's how you destroy people's relationship...
Lol
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by princfred(m): 9:06am On Sep 14, 2019
The replies on this thread are so funny. Most of the guys are trying not to spoil il market for their fellow guy men while the ladies are trying to show a sister love. grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by adontcare(f): 9:45am On Sep 14, 2019
lilbest4:
you be mumu. How did you conclude that he lied? My grandfather married one of his father's wives, there's a man close to me that also married his father's wife. There're a lot of traditions you don't know, don't go and destroy people's relationships because of ignorance
n a u be mumu. Shut up if u no know wetin to talk. Oponu
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by adontcare(f): 9:48am On Sep 14, 2019
OkunrinMeta:

How do you know this? She already know he married her. Is it part of Nigerian culture to marry your late brothers wife? YES! So what's your issue?
I don't have issue. But that is d truth. D guy is lying. As u are, learned, u will marry ur bro wife and get a child together?
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by adontcare(f): 9:51am On Sep 14, 2019
mhizv:

I swear. I know of one, married to a white and his wife(Nigerian) works as a made for them. Lolz says he's helping a single mom
wickedness. The white lady is human too. What u don't want done to u, don't do to others
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by bixton(m): 9:54am On Sep 14, 2019
lilbest4:
shut the fucck up and stop spewing nonsense out of ignorance. There're a lot of cultures and traditions in Nigeria you don't know about. Inheriting wives is part of my culture in Esan, Edo state

And in your tradition the man in question does a second wedding for the inherited wife paying her bride price again since the lady in question is his brothers'?

Please enlighten me with your tradition and culture Mr. NL ?
Is that what you did?
You have mouth to talk, please keep talking.
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by modik(m): 9:59am On Sep 14, 2019
This culture is our way of life and real.

So, deal with it. He is the bona-fide father of that kid and nothing can change it.

Gbam!
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 14, 2019
lilbest4:
Bro abeg which part of Esan do they inherit their brother's wife/wives literally & not just in making provisions for the family so they wouldn't feel the loss caused by his death that much.. we learn everyday
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 14, 2019
What do we gain from lying as Nigerians?. What if the guy is lying and the lady finds out ?. I have a feeling that Nigerians getting married to foreigners would soon cast
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 14, 2019
bixton:

And in your tradition the man in question does a second wedding for the inherited wife paying her bride price again since the lady in question is his brothers'?

Please enlighten me with your tradition and culture Mr. NL ?
Is that what you did?
You have mouth to talk, please keep talking.

Wait make the guy come explain.. Me I'm an Esan man although i can count the times i have gone to the village i have people who grew up there and know the way tradition works. This one shock me just now so i want him to explain well before i do my findings

1 Like

Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by zyzxx(m): 10:14am On Sep 14, 2019
mhizv:

imagine, lol, that wickedness, dead conscience.
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by Saintmary(f): 11:15am On Sep 14, 2019
Renderhelp:
@Renderhelp

I am an Aussie married to a Nigerian man. He was a poor immigrant when we met. After we got married, he helped manage my Ranch. I must say, he's a hardworking bloke and a little Aussie battler.

I always wanted kids but he was never interested. He said the world was too wicked for innocent kids and I agreed.

He always sends a huge part of our income to his family in Nigeria especially his late brother's wife. I asked him why he does that and he said its part of the Nigerian culture.

One day, I was going through our bank statement and I thought to look up his brother's wife's profile on Facebook. I was shocked to see she had a few month old baby as her husband died years ago. I kept scrolling and I saw the wedding photos of she and my husband.

When I asked my husband, he apologises and explained to me about the culture of men inheriting their late brother's wife. I told him he was murking around, but I looked it up online and it was true!

I asked if he was the father of the baby and he agreed. He thought the woman was on pills. He said he had to perform his 'duty' to her if not she will report to the village chief and they will have him flogged at the square.

He suggested we bring the baby to Australia to stay with us. We are trying to process that and I'm thrilled about it.

I reckon this culture is bizarre and Nigerians are living in the dark ages. I am a true blue and I haven't seen or heard anything so ridiculous. I hope your parts become civilized soon enough.

TA!

Unfortunately, you are being scammed
That culture is and has been outdated for decades now
Drop that man like a hot pan before you lose all your money to him.
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by bixton(m): 11:19am On Sep 14, 2019
dairykidd:

Wait make the guy come explain.. Me I'm an Esan man although i can count the times i have gone to the village i have people who grew up there and know the way tradition works. This one shock me just now so i want him to explain well before i do my findings

I hope he comes and respond in the manner we will understand.

The aspect where the lady said the man did a wedding with his brothers' wife.......That is where the story gets misleading and that is where the lie is.

One of my uncle's was supposed to inherit his step mother (his father's second wife) after the death of his father. He bluntly rejected the idea and pressure from family members. This happened even before I was born as I was told. My uncle is about 85 years old now.
As far as 20 years ago as I know, women from my community refuse that idea of family members inheriting a wife of relatives, how much more this present times. My village women will beat the hell out of that man that try such.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 14, 2019
bixton:

I hope he comes and respond in the manner we will understand.

The aspect where the lady said the man did a wedding with his brothers' wife.......That is where the story gets misleading and that is where the lie is.
If the story is true we both know what she just got herself tho grin
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by ruggedtimi(m): 11:29am On Sep 14, 2019
simply lies..thats his real wife
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by bixton(m): 11:32am On Sep 14, 2019
dairykidd:

If the story is true we both know what she just got herself tho grin

Even if its true, she just entered a ONE chance.
A man got married to a woman and refusing to make her have a child only for her to find out he has one in his village and wants her to accept and allow him bring the child to the country where they are resident.
This one na clear SCAM and childish one.
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 14, 2019
bixton:

Even if its true, she just entered a ONE chance.
A man got married to a woman and refusing to make her have a child only for her to find out he has one in his village and wants her to accept and allow him bring the child to the country where they are resident.
This one na clear SCAM and childish one.
Na u talk am oo grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by OKOATA(m): 3:18pm On Sep 14, 2019
adontcare:
busted birds of deceit
You are so evil.
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by OKOATA(m): 3:20pm On Sep 14, 2019
Saintmary:

Unfortunately, you are being scammed
That culture is and has been outdated for decades now
Drop that man like a hot pan before you lose all your money to him.
You can never meet a white man in your life, what's your gain exactly. Evil girl.
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by OKOATA(m): 3:22pm On Sep 14, 2019
bixton:

This your story is not pure at all.
There's no such thing as that existing in Nigeria and nobody does that anywhere in Nigeria. You can tell that to the children as midnite stories. You even deliberately refused telling us which part of Nigeria, tribe, state and community your husband comes from.
That woman is completely your husband's wife and never was his brother's wife. Nobody and in no place anyone officially does a marriage ceremony to an inherited wife.............that will amount to paying of bride price twice and doing certain ceremonies.
It's either you're completely lying or being dumb or your husband is telling your straight lies to your face and you're buying it telling us you're an Aussie.

Apologies but this story is entirely completely false.
He has refused to have children with you because he does not want to have children elsewhere because of his love for his original wife.
Good luck.
So you wrote all of this just to destroy your own brother.
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by mhizv(f): 4:18pm On Sep 14, 2019
adontcare:
wickedness. The white lady is human too. What u don't want done to u, don't do to others

Well she's cool with it. If not I doubt she would have stayed this long.
Built two houses already. That are both after the money na
Re: My Husband Inherited His Late Brother's Wife by OkunrinMeta: 4:58pm On Sep 14, 2019
adontcare:
I don't have issue. But that is d truth. D guy is lying. As u are, learned, u will marry ur bro wife and get a child together?

I won't! because it's not my family tradition. Some other families do it and it won't matter whether you're a professor. You don't know that he is lying because it's possible.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your First Love: Questions About Your Experience / 5 Things I've Learnt Since My Girlfriend Got Pregnant / Do You Agree? Boobs Is No Longer A Private Part In The World Today – Man Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.