Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story (24075 Views)

Peter Obi Certificate SAGA. The Hunter Is Now The Hunted. / Addax OML License Saga: The Real Facts / FUOYE Killings: Nigerians Demand Justice, Drag Bisi Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2019
SimDan95:
u try. if u think say I go click on the link u Neva see something.

Rubbish
I weak for ur matter ooo.. What will he lose if u click or not? Damn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2019
thonyman:
That woman climbing fence at the last scene, i hope the iron rod didn't enter where am thinking
grin repent o

1 Like

Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by Judolisco(m): 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2019
Vianna:
They were sent to school to read and get a degree not to protest over electricity
can u read without light??

3 Likes

Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by Destroe: 3:32pm On Sep 13, 2019
Dpharisee:
Show this video to their parents so that they can see the kind children they sent to a higher institution.

Throwing stones and projectiles at armed security agents is madness, Aluta spirit can be destructive, we did it in our days, burnt several vehicles and destroyed facilities.

The school was shutdown for 2 months, then the school authorities calculated the value of all that was destroyed and imposed it on us.
Resumption followed this sequence.
1st week: 100 Level (novices and Jambites) and Final year students (eager to graduate) = very peaceful group.
2nd Week: 400L (many of whom just returned from SIWES or Industrial Attachment) = We dont want trouble group.
After one month when Lectures have gone far: 200L = semi trouble group
Finally 300L = troublesome and hot headed group.

For you to enter the school gate or attend lectures on return you must present your receipt of payment for damages.
We hear am that year.
You're a Pharisee angry
Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by kingjomezy(m): 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2019
Vianna:
They were sent to school to read and get a degree not to protest over electricity

shebi you have night vision
Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by sylve11: 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2019
SimDan95:

Rubbish

you got the guy............. grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by 24kmagic: 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2019
Innoxxacs:
that's a youtube and Twitter link to verify the news not some ..
Blog.. lol 9ja ppl sef lolz

No be him you tube channel?

1 Like

Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by Ibile77(m): 3:37pm On Sep 13, 2019
helphelp:
So sad. But where the video stop funny sha angry
I am still laughing, I hope the iron did not cause damage to ...

2 Likes

Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by Frankchinonso: 3:38pm On Sep 13, 2019
SimDan95:

Rubbish

OK
Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by JimohMomoh: 3:39pm On Sep 13, 2019
Vianna:

My dear you are only looking at the issue on ground from one angle.
Poor security and Electricity Blackout in their hostels for long periods has made it easy for armed robbers and petty thieves to rob innocents students of their valuables, rape girls, stab guys etc..
The protest will definately draw attention of the govt, the world and media to their plight.
Some people laid down their lives for some of the things we enjoy and brag about now.

Checkout the writeup of a Nairalander that visited her sister in the school

4 Likes

Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 13, 2019
Some University should be closed down or converted to colleges of education mostly those from the western Nigeria that will help do away with the glorifies secondary schools they called University.

1 Like

Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by top4b: 3:40pm On Sep 13, 2019
Protesting for whatever reasons to the extent of attacking the convoy that include armed police men is madness. Those boys didn't do it with their thinking caps

4 Likes

Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by Midastorch(m): 3:41pm On Sep 13, 2019
Sonfethopia:
Don't justify the killings sha

But they are justified, to hurt or maim other peoples children parents and breadwinners?? Just STFU

6 Likes

Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by Officialgarri: 3:43pm On Sep 13, 2019
I am happy with this video.

You know sometimes when you refuse to take sides or have sympathy with whom everyone wants you to have sympathy with, they'd see you as a mad person or someone who has no human feelings.

The way I am built, I find it difficult to always judge a case from one side of a story. If all parties involved have laid their complaint, then judgment can be made without bias.

7 Likes

Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by denjjy(m): 3:51pm On Sep 13, 2019
Vianna:
That's an average Nigerian way of thinking and the reason why we'll continue to suffer and keep smiling in this shithole. So a student sent to school cannot express his/her dissatisfaction again. my heart sinks anytime it come across my mind that I'm a Nigerian coz I know there's no hope for this country. Only a mad man would keep believing and hoping that Nigeria will be better one day......get a VISA and escape from this horrible Zoo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by Mexyz(m): 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2019
Vianna:
How do you read and come out with a degree when there's no electricity to read?
Not justifying their actions but there's no comfortability for a student when there's no electricity.
Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by ropostic007(m): 3:55pm On Sep 13, 2019
Jayslicky:
shocked

These protests may lead to an increase in their tuition fees.

I was at the federal poly Ado Ekiti as ND2 in 2005 and students protest were hijacked by students who had failed woefully and were on probation.They destroyed cars and damaged office equipment.
we spent four months in the house and each student paid 5000naira damaged fee when resuming.
It wasn't easy to get then because our school fees for that session was less than 2000naira

4 Likes

Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by Sonfethopia: 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2019
Midastorch:

But they are justified, to hurt or maim other peoples children parents and breadwinners?? Just STFU

Hurt u say, the one our leaders de do us no reach burn them alive. The police can come Down and calm them . but because this Is a shit hole they can shoot. Na people like u go enter govt de use force harass the masses.
Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by STENON(f): 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2019
So sad !!!
Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by litaninja(m): 4:09pm On Sep 13, 2019
Where's the said attack?
Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by Teegelop(f): 4:21pm On Sep 13, 2019
Dpharisee:
Show this video to their parents so that they can see the kind of children they sent to a higher institution.

Throwing stones and projectiles at armed security agents is madness, Aluta spirit can be destructive, we did it in our days, burnt several vehicles and destroyed facilities.

The school was shutdown for 2 months, then the school authorities calculated the value of all that was destroyed and imposed it on us.
Resumption followed this sequence.
1st week: 100 Level (novices and Jambites) and Final year students (eager to graduate) = very peaceful group.
2nd Week: 400L (many of whom just returned from SIWES or Industrial Attachment) = We dont want trouble group.
After one month when Lectures have gone far: 200L = semi trouble group
Finally 300L = troublesome and hot headed group.

For you to enter the school gate or attend lectures on return you must present your receipt of payment for damages.
We hear am that year.
After we graduated, I learnt that Aluta can be successfully done without violence.

Las las, that lady on blue skirt at the end of the video, I just hope that the fence rod didnt affect that place you are thinking cheesy

You must be Eksu Alumni
Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by tollyboy5(m): 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2019
Nymphnode:
After seeing the video, I would have fought back with brute force too if I got attacked in this manner. Survival instinct and anger would have taken over better judgement.
watching videos don't just explain everything we are not dumbed. I've spoke to some of the student and they said she came in peace not until the police slaped the union leader and chased them from trying to see their first lady
Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by Basher8583: 4:34pm On Sep 13, 2019
Alaniyiokorausa:
Some University should be closed down or converted to colleges of education mostly those from the western Nigeria that will help do away with the glorifies secondary schools they called University.

Spot on. And who actually made this secondary school a university? That person really doesn't understand the concept of University. Infact the University if serious by now should have a self sustaining power facility.

1 Like

Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by Reptyle(m): 4:40pm On Sep 13, 2019
I wish there could be a course called "How to Plan and Organise a Peaceful Protest" taught in schools, especially higher institutions. Perhaps it can form part of the GNS or GST courses every student is exposed to in the early part of their university days. Our Nigerian anti-riot also need to be exposed to a similar course but this time should focus on how to prevent a protest from becoming a riot!

What a lot of us cloak as "peaceful protest" in Nigeria is far from it. In a peaceful protest, you don't hurl missiles at law enforcement. You don't go to the nearest public garage to hire touts and ruffians in the name of mobilisation. "Aluta" isn't a license for lawless and mindless behaviour.

How can a protest by students of a university degenerate to the point of hurling rocks and other projectiles at the convoy of a government official? I watched this video and several others and I am surprised this incident only led to 2 deaths. This could easily have become another Police vs Shiites war leading to a slew of casualties.

From all indications, the police did not willfully open fire on students. They did so because they were provoked. If you corner a policeman and attack him with rocks, he will respond the only way he knows how...with much more violence. Our policemen are experts at heavy-handed conflict resolution. They adopt extreme measures in every conflict, shooting to kill most times. The unfortunate thing here is that the police weapons are equipped with real bullets and not plastic bullets as is usual in developed climes. This is a major failure on the part of the government. It is time we realise that protests are an inalienable part of democracy so we will see more of this as time goes on. It is, therefore, time to re-train and equip our law enforcement agents accordingly.

Over a million people marched and protested during the recently resolved Hong Kong protests. No one lost their lives in the crises apart from the 5 protesters that reportedly committed ritual suicide to press home their demands. This is because the police deployed standard riot gear: Teargas, Rubber bullets and batons.

Students and citizens must do better. The Police also needs a total reorientation and proper equipment to avoid this unnecessary loss of lives going forward.

God bless the dead and console their families.

3 Likes

Re: Fuoye Saga: The Unsaid Part Of The Story by Neddstark: 4:55pm On Sep 13, 2019
Police should have shot more. Idiots, undergraduates behaving like area boys. Attacking innocent. Shame

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia PDP Bigwigs Dump Party, Defect To APC (Photos) / Abdulsalami Abubakar: Abiola Died After Falling Ill / Armsgate: All Those Found Guilty Will To Go Jail – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.