Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,674 members, 7,801,946 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students (17364 Views)

Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages / Zulum Meets Families Of Slain Officers, Visits The Injured In Hospital (pics) / 'Don't Let Fayose Die': Isaac Fayose As Security Surround Ekiti Govt House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by RexTramadol1: 6:33pm On Sep 13, 2019
helinues:

Based on the news that surfaced online about the activities of FUETO students.

Though that's not a justifications

Why are you shooting gun today?

Are you down with konji ni

1 Like

Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by Igbo6(m): 6:36pm On Sep 13, 2019
Same mentality that will lead them(the government) to treat you like a cow. Cowardice! !
Wiifesnatcher:
even though their death is saddened and dehumanize, they died ignorantly. that protest shouldn't have resort to injuries not to talk of loosing a soul

now they put their parents into unforeseen sorrow and agony. may God console their parents and I welcome the prosecution of the policemen even though I know nothing will come out of it. the case will be rule as self defence in favour of the policemen

I hope other students learn from this. I no dey step out for one yeye protest, not in this Nigeria
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by Legendguru: 6:40pm On Sep 13, 2019
smiley
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by Wiifesnatcher(m): 6:41pm On Sep 13, 2019
Igbo6:
Same mentality that will lead them(the government) to treat you like a cow. Cowardice! !

cowardice is leading people to protest while those that you led their died why you runaway e.g ojukwu, KANU, Fuoye SUG. if your forefather were alive he would have tell you how he wish they didn't listen to that coward that led them to the Den of war, only to ran and come back to contest
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by delishpot: 6:45pm On Sep 13, 2019
Shit hole.
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by Ijawwomaninoyo: 6:56pm On Sep 13, 2019
While the slapped Students' Union President's parents are eating at home and thanking God for their son's life.
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by helinues: 6:58pm On Sep 13, 2019
Rahyberg:
Which activities of the Fuoye Students does the justification of our trespasses?

With enough evidencea on twitter and other social media platforms, you still haven't gotten a hint on what happened at the protest which was peaceful not until the Officers attached to the wife of the Governor slapped the SUG President and the happy triggered policemen started to shoot stray bullets at the students.
So you expect the students to stay back and watch their SUG president been harassed and the policemen shooting at them without them not throwing stones or sticks at them (that which is a normal Nigerian Mentality to react to an action).

I would have love to post some videos and pictures I have with me here on Nairaland but videos can't be posted on Nairaland.

But the students provoked the security services according to unverified reports
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by Skhibanj1015(m): 7:03pm On Sep 13, 2019
I can feel your pain and anger towards the guy but please spare him and forgive. Put into consideration his children even though he never took pity on you. I beg of you please let that go and let us build a society devoid of hate in our own little way. God will heal you bro.

seangy4konji:
Good...

But that is not good enough...the perpetrator must be brought to book...we saw the videos of the armed mobile officers with assault rifles taking straight aim and this you g student protesting without arms..this is pure premeditated murder.

We are in 2019 and when our security agencies have the belief that citizens can be killed with no repercussion then we are in a failed state and a law should be passed tosllow us be armed to protect ourselves in return..if it was the son of the governor that was killed like killing. RAM for trophy?how would you have felt?as a parent..

We have been shouting over and over how this sars and security people are killing innocent people on a daily but you government choose to ignore as if it's not clear to see..I am happy they killed one of the officers..tables are turning little by little..don't let it get to your turn at the top..make amends now before it gets to your doorsteps..

Nigerians won't forgive you when the day come...

A word is enough for the wise..

Rip to the young man..

PS..they just kill you for no reason and it does down.if we ever go to war?which I do not pray..blood will flow like a river in this country.I still have the address of the guy that withdrew all my money that lonely evening despite showing all my identification and four d nothing on me.he has three children a grand ma and wife who lives with him..I have traced him down to his house without him knowing..like a thief in the might I will make his close relatives weep over his household.
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by bakescos01: 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2019
helinues:

Even according to the video, Police has no right to fire life bullet to student throwing stones. Hong Kong protest went on for 100days, and there was a day I saw 5 people beating up a police officer that has a gun. He only put his hands on the gun and didn't shoot anyone even when he was on the floor already. Let's stop making excuses for abnormality. If someone is stoning you then fire gas or rubber bullet not life bullet.
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by Rahyberg(m): 7:16pm On Sep 13, 2019
helinues:

Sir, you said according to an unverified source.
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by Ijawwomaninoyo: 7:17pm On Sep 13, 2019
mekuxiani:

How did they trespass

A Federal University has PHCN problem, why take their vexing to the First lady?
She doesn't hold any political position, she doesn't work with PHCN. You and I know how unruly Nigerian students are, we can't say the extent of their actions.
There's one school of Agriculture in Ibadan at Moor Plantations, maybe IIRA&T or so. Any day there's no light, they will put a coffin in the middle of the major road to obstruct traffic and start burning tyres, harassing road users. If Police wades in, they start stoning the policemen.
Do the road users and Policemen even the PHCN staffers not experience the PHCN problem at home?
In what way will their actions solve the problem?
You and I know these students are not giving complete info about their actions that caused the issue.

NB---I AM NOT SUPPORTING THE KILLING OF THE STUDENTS!
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by Ipodisacriminal: 7:18pm On Sep 13, 2019
seangy4konji:
Good...

But that is not good enough...the perpetrator must be brought to book...we saw the videos of the armed mobile officers with assault rifles taking straight aim and this you g student protesting without arms..this is pure premeditated murder.

We are in 2019 and when our security agencies have the belief that citizens can be killed with no repercussion then we are in a failed state and a law should be passed tosllow us be armed to protect ourselves in return..if it was the son of the governor that was killed like killing. RAM for trophy?how would you have felt?as a parent..

We have been shouting over and over how this sars and security people are killing innocent people on a daily but you government choose to ignore as if it's not clear to see..I am happy they killed one of the officers..tables are turning little by little..don't let it get to your turn at the top..make amends now before it gets to your doorsteps..

Nigerians won't forgive you when the day come...

A word is enough for the wise..

Rip to the young man..

PS..they just kill you for no reason and it does down.if we ever go to war?which I do not pray..blood will flow like a river in this country.I still have the address of the guy that withdrew all my money that lonely evening despite showing all my identification and four d nothing on me.he has three children a grand ma and wife who lives with him..I have traced him down to his house without him knowing..like a thief in the might I will make his close relatives weep over his household.

Bro I understand your point

You are noted

Bro please tamper justice with Mercy

Leave him

The country is in a callamilotion state

Going to the state of pisma pisma

God be with you as you let that guy go while you keeps soaring up like the eagle
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by Ipodisacriminal: 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

She doesn't hold any political position, she doesn't work with PHCN. You and I know how unruly Nigerian students are, we can't say the extent of their actions.
There's one school of Agriculture in Ibadan at Moor Plantations, maybe IIRA&T or so. Any day there's no light, they will put a coffin in the middle of the major road to obstruct traffic and start burning tyres, harassing road users. If Police wades in, they start stoning the policemen.
Do the road users and Policemen even the PHCN staffers not experience the PHCN problem at home?
You and I know these students are not giving complete info about their actions that caused the issue.

There is 247 light in Lagos

Come to Lagos

Though it's stressful living in Lagos

If God gives you 80 to spend on Earth when living in Lagos you have just 55 or 60 to live

Come to Lagos in alimosho area today thank me after 1 year
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by Ijawwomaninoyo: 7:23pm On Sep 13, 2019
Ipodisacriminal:

There is 247 light in Lagos

Come to Lagos

Though it's stressful living in Lagos

If God gives you 80 to spend on Earth when living in Lagos you have just 55 or 60 to live

Come to Lagos in alimosho area today thank me after 1 year

I don hear, thank you!
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by AgentNairaland(f): 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2019
Next Level Is A Goal
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by Ijawwomaninoyo: 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2019
bakescos01:

Even according to the video, Police has no right to fire life bullet to student throwing stones. Hong Kong protest went on for 100days, and there was a day I saw 5 people beating up a police officer that has a gun. He only put his hands on the gun and didn't shoot anyone even when he was on the floor already. Let's stop making excuses for abnormality. If someone is stoning you then fire gas or rubber bullet not life bullet.

The best way of defending is attacking! A Federal University has PHCN problem, you started throwing stones at First Lady, for what?
Is she a political post holder, School management or a PHCN staff?
The policemen had neither rubber bullets nor tear gas, cos they didn't come purposely for the students. The students heard she was in that town and went for her. Can stones not kill someone if hit on the head? What were they stoning her for?
Can 5 people be beating you and you won't defend yourself in any way? Beating the policeman for what exactly? Can hitting on the head or delicate part of the body not kill the policeman? You can't attack me first without me defending myself with what I have.

NB--- I AM NOT SUPPORTING THE KILLING OF THE STUDENTS!
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by Skhibanj1015(m): 7:34pm On Sep 13, 2019
Hope you Know there is another road through ikole township to Ado without going through ifaki?

quote author=Rahyberg post=82205966] Sir, you said according to an unverified source, but I'm responding as a witness and as a student of Fuoye. All what you read saying the wife of the Governor convoy was attacked and she was escaped through commando style was all a lie. It was only a road that leads Oye to Ikole. The road starts from Ifaki roundabout -Ayegbaju-Oye-Ilupeju-Itapa-Usi Ekiti-Iloko-Ikole. So Ao was she escaped from the venue through a commando Style?.

[/quote]
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by davillian(m): 7:36pm On Sep 13, 2019
heendrix:

Go ahead bro....but spare the life of his kids they're innocent embarassed
If you must hit a man hit him were it hurts for the rest of his life.
Take away what he has been working for or his loved one.
The memory will gradually kill him.
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by shogsman(m): 7:40pm On Sep 13, 2019
helinues:
Still a good move even though the students trespasses

What're you saying, they were right to shoot unarmed students protests ahn

1 Like

Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by heendrix(m): 8:15pm On Sep 13, 2019
davillian:

If you must hit a man hit him were it hurts for the rest of his life.
Take away what he has been working for or his loved one.
The memory will gradually kill him.

Yeah but remember the blood of the innocent cry to God for vengeance.... and that an automatic curse on her killers either you like it or not

go for who commit the crime and Leave the innocent family why go for a life when he didn't take a life from you undecided
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by mekuxiani(m): 8:36pm On Sep 13, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

bros the problem we have here is control police shouldn't be firing live Ammunition at unarmed people no matter what
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:47pm On Sep 13, 2019
mekuxiani:

bros the problem we have here is control police shouldn't be firing live Ammunition at unarmed people no matter what

They were throwing stones, why? If a stone lands on one's head, it is death. The woman is in no way connected to their problems. If the policemen had stoned back, it might have been worse. They had no rubber bullets nor tear gas cos they didn't come purposely for the students.
They defended with what they had, stoning someone is attempted murder, they themselves were attempting to injure or kill.
We mustn't introduce violence into everything.

They weren't unarmed, they were armed with stones.
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by bakescos01: 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

The best way of defending is attacking! A Federal University has PHCN problem, you started throwing stones at First Lady, for what?
Is she a political post holder, School management or a PHCN staff?
The policemen had neither rubber bullets nor tear gas, cos they didn't come purposely for the students. The students heard she was in that town and went for her. Can stones not kill someone if hit on the head? What were they stoning her for?
Can 5 people be beating you and you won't defend yourself in any way? Beating the policeman for what exactly? Can hitting on the head or delicate part of the body not kill the policeman? You can't attack me first without me defending myself with what I have.

NB--- I AM NOT SUPPORTING THE KILLING OF THE STUDENTS!

It's a shame that the country of Nigeria has made things that are abnormal to be normal thing. There are several ways a Police officer can attack without shooting life bullet. Also, the police are supposed to have tear gas anywhere they go when in a convoy. Stop making excuses for these people except if they are the one paying for your internet or feeding. The student didn't go meet her in the Government house or office. They met on the road while having a peaceful protest. SUG president of the said University was slapped by a Police Officer, that is very wrong in a civilized world and the student only reacts to that... I went through school in that same Nigeria myself. I guess you have mistaken the meaning of Defend and attacking. They have riots in other countries too and even beat up police but there was no death recorded. You can continue defending the failed Police, I won't pray such happen to you or any of your family. I won't pray that. We shouldn't let this happen to the ones we love before we all join mouth and condemn it.
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by Ijawwomaninoyo: 9:14pm On Sep 13, 2019
bakescos01:

It's a shame that the country of Nigeria has made things that are abnormal to be normal thing. There are several ways a Police officer can attack without shooting life bullet. Also, the police are supposed to have tear gas anywhere they go when in a convoy. Stop making excuses for these people except if they are the one paying for your internet or feeding. The student didn't go meet her in the Government house or office. They met on the road while having a peaceful protest. SUG president of the said University was slapped by a Police Officer, that is very wrong in a civilized world and the student only reacts to that... I went through school in that same Nigeria myself. I guess you have mistaken the meaning of Defend and attacking. They have riots in other countries too and even beat up police but there was no death recorded. You can continue defending the failed Police, I won't pray such happen to you or any of your family. I won't pray that. We shouldn't let this happen to the ones we love before we all join mouth and condemn it.

The SUG President just stood and was slapped?
You didn't mention the students stoning, what is the aim of stoning someone? To injure or kill!
They attempted murder themselves.
Why carry tear gas about in the town?
Please make reference to my last statement in capital letters.
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by bakescos01: 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

The SUG President just stood and was slapped?
You didn't mention the students stoning, what is the aim of stoning someone? To injure or kill!
They attempted murder themselves.
Why carry tear gas about in the town?
Please make reference to my last statement in capital letters.

No matter what the SUG president said, Police has no right to slap him. That's abuse. It is really sad that we have made abnormality normal in Nigeria. Police only have the right to arrest and when a citizen resists arrest that's the only time Police need to use force on a citizen. We have lost all our human right in Nigeria and it seems everything is normal. It is very abnormal in a civilized world and the SUG president has the right to sue the hell out of the police for slapping him no matter what he says.
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by Ijawwomaninoyo: 9:34pm On Sep 13, 2019
bakescos01:

No matter what the SUG president said, Police has no right to slap him. That's abuse. It is really sad that we have made abnormality normal in Nigeria. Police only have the right to arrest and when a citizen resists arrest that's the only time Police need to use force on a citizen. We have lost all our human right in Nigeria and it seems everything is normal. It is very abnormal in a civilized world and the SUG president has the right to sue the hell out of the police for slapping him no matter what he says.

No matter what he said or did including stoning someone who is no way connected to their problems? How are you sure he wasn't slapped because he resisted an arrest?
Can you as a person stone someone's mother who is in no way connected to your problem?
If the woman in question is your mother, can you say no matter what he did?
If you were in that convoy with your mother and someone of your age is doing that to her in your presence, will you say this?
Can they stone their own mothers?
If she had a child in that school who is one of them, will they stone her?
What is her business with their issue that they couldn't present with respect but resorted to stoning her?

Read my last statement in capital letters.
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by Rahyberg(m): 9:53pm On Sep 13, 2019
Skhibanj1015:
Hope you Know there is another road through ikole township to Ado without going through ifaki?

I knew. But the Governor's wife said she was escaped from the scene at the civic center in Oye in a commando style. I want to clarify you that it is only a road that links Ifaki to Oye, while the roundabout opposite UBA in Oye leads to Ayede-Isan.

quote author=Rahyberg post=82205966] Sir, you said according to an unverified source, but I'm responding as a witness and as a student of Fuoye. All what you read saying the wife of the Governor convoy was attacked and she was escaped through commando style was all a lie. It was only a road that leads Oye to Ikole. The road starts from Ifaki roundabout -Ayegbaju-Oye-Ilupeju-Itapa-Usi Ekiti-Iloko-Ikole. So Ao was she escaped from the venue through a commando Style?.

Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by bakescos01: 10:08pm On Sep 13, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

No matter what he said or did including stoning someone who is no way connected to their problems? How are you sure he wasn't slapped because he resisted an arrest?
Can you as a person stone someone's mother who is in no way connected to your problem?
If the woman in question is your mother, can you say no matter what he did?
If you were in that convoy with your mother and someone of your age is doing that to her in your presence, will you say this?
Can they stone their own mothers?
If she had a child in that school who is one of them, will they stone her?
What is her business with their issue that they couldn't present with respect but resorted to stoning her?

Read my last statement in capital letters.

I am aware some people are being paid on social medium platform to cover for this corrupt and ruthless politician in Nigeria. What a shame. There was no report of SUG president stonning anyone, also there was never a report of any form of arrest on him. Also, there was no arrest warrant on the said SUG. It's a shame you are trying to cover for this evil attitude. Even if someone stones my mother, I will NEVER, kill any human being for such actions. There are other ways we can deal with the situation rather than killing. I don't know how much you value life, but life is a precious gift and no one deserve to take another man's life. Only paid people will justify killing an individual because of stonning. Very sad. I live you with peace and I hope this won't happen to you or any of your family. This thing is going in a circle, no one knows who it will happen to tomorrow. Since you justify killing for stoning. May God be with you.
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by Ijawwomaninoyo: 10:23pm On Sep 13, 2019
bakescos01:

I am aware some people are being paid on social medium platform to cover for this corrupt and ruthless politician in Nigeria. What a shame. There was no report of SUG president stonning anyone, also there was never a report of any form of arrest on him. Also, there was no arrest warrant on the said SUG. It's a shame you are trying to cover for this evil attitude. Even if someone stones my mother, I will NEVER, kill any human being for such actions. There are other ways we can deal with the situation rather than killing. I don't know how much you value life, but life is a precious gift and no one deserve to take another man's life. Only paid people will justify killing an individual because of stonning. Very sad. I live you with peace and I hope this won't happen to you or any of your family. This thing is going in a circle, no one knows who it will happen to tomorrow. Since you justify killing for stoning. May God be with you.

Which people stoned her? You said only if someone resists arrest that the police can use force, I said how do we know he wasn't slapped because he resisted an arrest.
Scroll down and look for the thread with the video where the convoy was attacked.
The student wasn't killed by the First lady and neither did she order the policeman to shoot, we have seen the police shoot before.
The government can pay anybody on Social Media, that's their own headache, I am not on anybody's payroll!
The dead students,SUG President, Policemen, First lady, I don't know any one of them and not making efforts to know and I have never been to Ekiti. I read the news hear and the attack video.
Have a nice night rest.
Re: Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students by bakescos01: 10:29pm On Sep 13, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Which people stoned her? You said only if someone resists arrest that the police can use force, I said how do we know he wasn't slapped because he resisted an arrest.
Scroll down and look for the thread with the video where the convoy was attacked.
The student wasn't killed by the First lady and neither did she order the policeman to shoot, we have seen the police shoot before.
The government can pay anybody on Social Media, that's their own headache, I am not on anybody's payroll!
The dead students,SUG President, Policemen, First lady, I don't know any one of them and not making efforts to know and I have never been to Ekiti. I read the news hear and the attack video.
Have a nice night rest.

Bro or sis, before a policeman can arrest a citizen the police must have an arrest warrant. That being said, they don't know they are going to meet the SUG president on the road and that means they have no warrant for his arrest and also have no reason to slap him. There are laws but we just don't make use of Law and order in Nigeria and it makes it seem we don't have these laws. It's all on our constitution. I don't know any of these people myself and am not even in the country presently but those Kids are Nigerian and born by Nigerian parent. It's a sad incident we need to condemn and not justify that kind of action for any reason. That's just my point sir or ma'am.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father / Pictures From APC Rally For Tinubu And Bargo In Munya LG, Niger State / Bello Matawalle Rejects FG’s No-Fly Zone In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.